ImageImageImage

Bol Bol

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#181 » by skywalker33 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:01 am

HArd to know what Bol's ceiling is, we've only seen him in spot duty so far but there is definitely potential. I see him as high as a 4th or 5th option yet could be 6th - 8th guy off the bench, guess that depends on the team. As for trade value, MY OPINION is about a 15-20th pick in a draft similar to this one.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#182 » by skywalker33 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:27 am

And yet another intriguing Bol Bol video

Read on Twitter

skywalker33

Post#183 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 3, 2020 3:29 am

Seems everyone says if we want to win a chip, we're going to need to deal with the Lakers, and in particular, AD. As I see it, Father Time will deal with LBJ, looks like that has already started IMO. But this LAL experience has added to AD's confidence. Jokic against Davis doesn't feel like the best matchup for the Nuggets and Grant, while he looks good in spot duty, he can't be the total answer. That's where I can see Bol coming in. His length can give AD fits, his shooting can draw him away from the basket, negating some of Davis's strengths. I know he needs to put on weight before even thinking about that matchup but the potential is there IMO. Bol's athleticism, size and shooting are optimal to go against AD, he could be our X-factor.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#184 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 3, 2020 2:23 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Seems everyone says if we want to win a chip, we're going to need to deal with the Lakers, and in particular, AD. As I see it, Father Time will deal with LBJ, looks like that has already started IMO. But this LAL experience has added to AD's confidence. Jokic against Davis doesn't feel like the best matchup for the Nuggets and Grant, while he looks good in spot duty, he can't be the total answer. That's where I can see Bol coming in. His length can give AD fits, his shooting can draw him away from the basket, negating some of Davis's strengths. I know he needs to put on weight before even thinking about that matchup but the potential is there IMO. Bol's athleticism, size and shooting are optimal to go against AD, he could be our X-factor.

He did seem to give him fits in that bubble game, the issue is going to be developmental time. How long are we willing and able to wait for him to add the strength and develop into a guy who you can trust to play 25 mpg?
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#185 » by stoo » Wed Nov 4, 2020 2:00 am

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Seems everyone says if we want to win a chip, we're going to need to deal with the Lakers, and in particular, AD. As I see it, Father Time will deal with LBJ, looks like that has already started IMO. But this LAL experience has added to AD's confidence. Jokic against Davis doesn't feel like the best matchup for the Nuggets and Grant, while he looks good in spot duty, he can't be the total answer. That's where I can see Bol coming in. His length can give AD fits, his shooting can draw him away from the basket, negating some of Davis's strengths. I know he needs to put on weight before even thinking about that matchup but the potential is there IMO. Bol's athleticism, size and shooting are optimal to go against AD, he could be our X-factor.

He did seem to give him fits in that bubble game, the issue is going to be developmental time. How long are we willing and able to wait for him to add the strength and develop into a guy who you can trust to play 25 mpg?

this season I guess. He doesn't need to add a lot of strength
NotSinceWilt
skywalker33

Post#186 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 4, 2020 2:38 am

stoo wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Gotta agree and disagree here. I agree it could/should be this season but he does need to add strength. AD was the same, he had to gain strength before really being effective in the NBA. Davis is at about 255lbs, hard to see Bol competing against him for extended periods of time unless he gets to the 235-245lbs range IMO. Last I saw he was about 218lbs, he'd get eaten alive.

stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#187 » by stoo » Wed Nov 4, 2020 2:54 am

skywalker33 wrote:
stoo wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Gotta agree and disagree here. I agree it could/should be this season but he does need to add strength. AD was the same, he had to gain strength before really being effective in the NBA. Davis is at about 255lbs, hard to see Bol competing against him for extended periods of time unless he gets to the 235-245lbs range IMO. Last I saw he was about 218lbs, he'd get eaten alive.

look what happened to mo bamba. Bol's strength is not strength. It is moving fast, havin length to block shots, shoot away from the basket. Bol is 4 inches taller than Davis, that already gives him an advantage. He is also more african than Davis. His physic is different. He is slim by nature. Gaining more weight (thou I believe he will gain some) will put pressure on his body, especially knees and leg joints, and shorten his career for like 30%. Not to mention possible hart problems.

I believe in Bol as he is right now. I also believe that he will get minutes and be productive the very next season that happens (this one might not happen at all)
NotSinceWilt
skywalker33

Post#188 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 4, 2020 3:59 am

stoo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
stoo wrote:

look what happened to mo bamba. Bol's strength is not strength. It is moving fast, havin length to block shots, shoot away from the basket. Bol is 4 inches taller than Davis, that already gives him an advantage. He is also more african than Davis. His physic is different. He is slim by nature. Gaining more weight (thou I believe he will gain some) will put pressure on his body, especially knees and leg joints, and shorten his career for like 30%. Not to mention possible hart problems.

I believe in Bol as he is right now. I also believe that he will get minutes and be productive the very next season that happens (this one might not happen at all)

Mamba is averaging just 15mpg (at 230lbs, not far from what I suggested for Bol), how much impact do you think he has playing under 1/3 of a game ?? And you think AD doesn't have speed...really ? I agree that AD and Bol are two different body types, but Bol will get pushed around while AD will be getting all the superstar calls, he'll muscle Bol all the way to the basket for the easy 2pts.

stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#189 » by stoo » Wed Nov 4, 2020 4:08 am

skywalker33 wrote:
stoo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Mamba is averaging just 15mpg (at 230lbs, not far from what I suggested for Bol), how much impact do you think he has playing under 1/3 of a game ?? And you think AD doesn't have speed...really ? I agree that AD and Bol are two different body types, but Bol will get pushed around while AD will be getting all the superstar calls, he'll muscle Bol all the way to the basket for the easy 2pts.

I haven't mentioned Mamba because of his roduction, but because of how he looks on the court. I never said that AD doesn't have speed. I said that Bol's strength is speed, which doesn't require that much added mass. And Bol as of today will just shoot over AD for an easy 2pts as well

I am just saying that Bol will be good and strenghtening will make minimal impact, compared to him just learning how to move and position in defence
NotSinceWilt
skywalker33

Post#190 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 4, 2020 4:38 am

stoo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
stoo wrote:

I haven't mentioned Mamba because of his roduction, but because of how he looks on the court. I never said that AD doesn't have speed. I said that Bol's strength is speed, which doesn't require that much added mass. And Bol as of today will just shoot over AD for an easy 2pts as well

I am just saying that Bol will be good and strenghtening will make minimal impact, compared to him just learning how to move and position in defence

Guess we'll just have to see, but nice debate here. Just have to agree to disagree as long as our rooting is still for the Nuggets

skywalker33

Post#191 » by skywalker33 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:22 pm

Won't be surprised to see Bol playing some PF in training camp, perhaps early on into the season

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#192 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:14 pm

Sounds like we are going to convert him into a regular contract, which I am sure would be a minimum. So I expect him to be with the team most of the seaosn.
skywalker33

Post#193 » by skywalker33 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:50 am

Guess his timeframe just got sped up, if we're to keep up with the West, his production will have to improve quickly.

Manolito
Senior
And1: 390

Post#194 » by Manolito » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:11 pm

Bol Bol just signed his NBA contract. 4.3M per 2 years, neither PO nor TO.

That means after these two years he will become RFA (not UFA) and Denver will have his Bird rights to offer him whatever contract they want
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#195 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:23 pm

Manolito wrote:Bol Bol just signed his NBA contract. 4.3M per 2 years, neither PO nor TO.

That means after these two years he will become RFA (not UFA) and Denver will have his Bird rights to offer him whatever contract they want

The amount is kind of interesting, that is basically the rest of the MLE and almost 4 times as much as a rookie minimum deal, so we paid him well considering the situation.
skywalker33

Post#196 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:09 pm

Seems with that bump in salary, they like what they saw in the bubble and are expecting some decent production out of Bol this year.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#197 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:17 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Seems with that bump in salary, they like what they saw in the bubble and are expecting some decent production out of Bol this year.

:nod: :clap: Well, he does present match-up issues! :lol:
skywalker33

Post#198 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:20 pm

I feel like Bol will the interesting aspect of our training camp this year, easily see he should be part rotation this year but to what extent ?? Will he come off the bench before Hartenstein ? Is his PT gonna be situational ? How will his defense be ?

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#199 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:39 pm

skywalker33 wrote:I feel like Bol will the interesting aspect of our training camp this year, easily see he should be part rotation this year but to what extent ?? Will he come off the bench before Hartenstein ? Is his PT gonna be situational ? How will his defense be ?

I think it will be a few years before he plays much center, but I'm not sure. He's so unique. Based on his age and Malone's tendencies, I think his PT will be situational - and sporadic.

Defense will be the determining factor without a doubt. He showed he can contribute on offense. But with the NBA living on pick-n-rolls, he needs to figure out how to handle that. It seems easy to me, just stay in front of people and give them room. With his length, he can block shots from a few feet away. The problem isn't the concept though, it's the implementation and most tall guys have trouble with that. IMO Jokic and especially Plumlee, have never learned that concept. For big men to try to play smalls at the 3pt line the same way wings play them will never work.
skywalker33

Post#200 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:04 pm

Given the fact that Malone got to take a closer look at him in the Bubble, I think he will get a look, especially with a training camp, albeit an abbreviated one. He's got some intriguing talent that Malone has seen so I'd bet he gets some play, especially after getting a nice raise.

Return to Denver Nuggets