Bol Bol

Moderator: THE J0KER

theman
RealGM
And1: 1,405

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#221 » by theman » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:54 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Bol Bol tooth pick legs are not build for the NBA , I just can't picture him being successful in the NBA, to me he's just the attraction because of the height and because he can do some things from time to time, hitting threes , execute a nice pass , I don't see at what position on the floor he can play successfully with continuity , he look clueless on the floor in the organized set up.

I'm not convinced he can be a 30 mpg starter, but if he can become an effective 20 mpg bench player; I'd be happy. {What's effective? 20 minutes with 10 pts and 5 rebounds and 1 block but most important would be learning to be effective on defense. He looks like his best defense is playing a zone in the paint, and that won't do it.}

20 minutes a night is probably about right. But is per 36 is incredible. He is at 36 point per 36 minutes over the last three games. But that is just fun with statistics.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Post#222 » by THE J0KER » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:33 pm

theman wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Bol Bol tooth pick legs are not build for the NBA , I just can't picture him being successful in the NBA, to me he's just the attraction because of the height and because he can do some things from time to time, hitting threes , execute a nice pass , I don't see at what position on the floor he can play successfully with continuity , he look clueless on the floor in the organized set up.

I'm not convinced he can be a 30 mpg starter, but if he can become an effective 20 mpg bench player; I'd be happy. {What's effective? 20 minutes with 10 pts and 5 rebounds and 1 block but most important would be learning to be effective on defense. He looks like his best defense is playing a zone in the paint, and that won't do it.}

20 minutes a night is probably about right. But is per 36 is incredible. He is at 36 point per 36 minutes over the last three games. But that is just fun with statistics.

Another very tall player, Boban Marjanovic, is an NBA king of garbage time production, so several seasons his per-36 stats are around monster 25-15 double-double. Unfortunately, better opponent players from starting lineup can effectively use his weaknesses, so he was never able to translate his garbage time numbers into a "real" competitive game.

But this is a great improvement and sign for Bol Bol because once he realizes no serious playing time for him this season, his body language on the court becomes painful to watch. But lately, he obviously started to care about every minute he gets! A very positive sign IMO, love him or hate but Porzingis works for Dallas. Bol Bol is maybe not that good, but he is a similar type of player.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,327

Post#223 » by DaFan334 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:47 am

It's interesting to hear rumors that we were more willing to give up RJ than we were Bol. WHo knows if that was a smoke screen, but if not, I am curious to see what the Nuggets actually think they can get out of Bol's development.
leo7
Junior
And1: 189

Post#224 » by leo7 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:27 pm

Why is he not playing in the g league right now? That would be better for his development than sitting on the bench all season.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#225 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:53 pm

leo7 wrote:Why is he not playing in the g league right now? That would be better for his development than sitting on the bench all season.

Who are you going to play him in front of when we're in a playoff race ??
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#226 » by Richard Miller » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:25 pm

DaFan334 wrote:It's interesting to hear rumors that we were more willing to give up RJ than we were Bol. WHo knows if that was a smoke screen, but if not, I am curious to see what the Nuggets actually think they can get out of Bol's development.

I liked RJ a lot, but if Bol ever gets his s**t together, he'll be on another planet
skywalker33

Post#227 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:44 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
DaFan334 wrote:It's interesting to hear rumors that we were more willing to give up RJ than we were Bol. WHo knows if that was a smoke screen, but if not, I am curious to see what the Nuggets actually think they can get out of Bol's development.

I liked RJ a lot, but if Bol ever gets his s**t together, he'll be on another planet

IF

leo7
Junior

Post#228 » by leo7 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:02 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
leo7 wrote:Why is he not playing in the g league right now? That would be better for his development than sitting on the bench all season.

No one until he improves. That's why he needs to be in the g league.
skywalker33

Post#229 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:10 pm

leo7 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Denver does not have a G-league team so putting him on another's G-team may not be as advantageous since they probably would not play him in the same offense/scheme that Denver does, thus we'd have to re-rain him with better habits more appropriate to our schemes.

leo7
Junior

Post#230 » by leo7 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:40 am

skywalker33 wrote:
leo7 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Denver does not have a G-league team so putting him on another's G-team may not be as advantageous since they probably would not play him in the same offense/scheme that Denver does, thus we'd have to re-rain him with better habits more appropriate to our schemes.

You're right I forgot about that. I guess it will be a few years before he develops into a rotational player for Denver. They're going to be a good playoff team for a long time.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#231 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:00 am

leo7 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
leo7 wrote:No one until he improves. That's why he needs to be in the g league.

You're right I forgot about that. I guess it will be a few years before he develops into a rotational player for Denver. They're going to be a good playoff team for a long time.

Just wondering:
1. Is our ownership too cheap to pay for a G-League team?
2. Does our ownership and/or front office believe they have no value. That's silly since the vast majority believe they have value.
3. ... ... uh, ... ... um ... ... see the first two possibilities
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#232 » by Richard Miller » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:26 am

NuggetsWY wrote:1. Is our ownership too cheap to pay for a G-League team?
2. Does our ownership and/or front office believe they have no value. That's silly since the vast majority believe they have value.

I guess you missed this then:

The Denver Nuggets will add their first official NBA G League affiliate team next season, partnering with the Grand Rapids Drive in a deal that won’t become official until the end of the 2020-21 season.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#233 » by The Rebel » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:58 am

While I saw 1 rumor that the Nuggets would prefer to keep Bol I saw plenty of rumors for more than a week that they were shopping Bol. To me with the way the deal was rumored even the mornign before it got done the reports were saying that the Magic wants Barton and RJ while the Nuggets were wanting to send Harris and Bol.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#234 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:57 am

Richard Miller wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:1. Is our ownership too cheap to pay for a G-League team?

I guess you missed this then:

The Denver Nuggets will add their first official NBA G League affiliate team next season, partnering with the Grand Rapids Drive in a deal that won’t become official until the end of the 2020-21 season.

Three years ago, we were teased with a similar press release.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 389

Post#235 » by Manolito » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:27 am

The Rebel wrote:

While I saw 1 rumor that the Nuggets would prefer to keep Bol I saw plenty of rumors for more than a week that they were shopping Bol. To me with the way the deal was rumored even the mornign before it got done the reports were saying that the Magic wants Barton and RJ while the Nuggets were wanting to send Harris and Bol.
ORL was really interested in Hampton, he was a key part of the trade.

Bol Bol has more hype in Twitter than among Front offices

Sent from my GM1913 using RealGM mobile app
skywalker33

Post#236 » by skywalker33 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:31 pm

Manolito wrote:Bol Bol has more hype in Twitter than among Front offices

Well, to be fair, there are MILLIONS of Twitter acct while there are only 30 NBA Front Officesv :wink:

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#237 » by TunaFish » Sat Aug 7, 2021 3:00 pm

Bol putting on a show:

Canned in Denver.
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#238 » by Richard Miller » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:27 pm

Well, definitely seems much more energetic. If he keeps up that mind set, he may be onto something. :)
skywalker33

Post#239 » by skywalker33 » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:45 pm

Kinda feels like Bol just wants to be a Human Highlight and not a Basketball Player :lol:

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#240 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Aug 8, 2021 12:27 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Kinda feels like Bol just wants to be a Human Highlight and not a Basketball Player :lol:

Well, it seems unlikely that Malone wants him making those kind of moves in a game - and that seems to be correct. Those kind of moves would be difficult to pull off in a game. His length, meaning the distance the ball travels to the ground, is just too difficult to overcome IMO. Those kind of moves seem unlikely to work in a game.

However, they do demonstrate his abilities and giving him some isolation plays just might make a whole lot of sense.

Return to Denver Nuggets