Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: Jamal Murray Out for the Season - Torn ACL 

Post#101 » by skywalker33 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:51 am

Appears Austin Rivers will be signed to take Murray's place
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#102 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:11 pm

Was thinking about how MPJ has really stepped up in the wake of the Murray injury, something that has to appear as blaring to Murray as it is to us. Would love to see how this impacts Murray's start to his return to the court, especially his annual slow start in his early-season performances. Murray will/should want to remain as the #2 option in this offense, looking forward to see if he's motivated enough.

Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#103 » by Richard Miller » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:28 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Would love to see how this impacts Murray's start to his return to the court, especially his annual slow start in his early-season performances. Murray will/should want to remain as the #2 option in this offense, looking forward to see if he's motivated enough.

If everything goes well both for Murray and the team, his next early season is more than 18 months away and a lot things can happen until then. This season is sort of "patch it and pray it holds", but the next season they will have to put some proper system in place that doesn't include Murray, the team could look quite different by the time he comes back.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#104 » by psimanic1 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:20 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Would love to see how this impacts Murray's start to his return to the court, especially his annual slow start in his early-season performances. Murray will/should want to remain as the #2 option in this offense, looking forward to see if he's motivated enough.

If everything goes well both for Murray and the team, his next early season is more than 18 months away and a lot things can happen until then. This season is sort of "patch it and pray it holds", but the next season they will have to put some proper system in place that doesn't include Murray, the team could look quite different by the time he comes back.

If healthy we should still be good with Morris/Facu at PG, Morris has to take next step and then bring Murray slowly for the POs when he is back.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#105 » by TunaFish » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:10 pm

Read on Twitter
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#106 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:01 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Was thinking about how MPJ has really stepped up in the wake of the Murray injury, something that has to appear as blaring to Murray as it is to us. Would love to see how this impacts Murray's start to his return to the court, especially his annual slow start in his early-season performances. Murray will/should want to remain as the #2 option in this offense, looking forward to see if he's motivated enough.

IMO those three fit together perfectly.
Jokic - high & low post + rebounding + run the offense
Murray - pick-n-handoff + 3pt shots + misc
Porter - 3 pt spot up + cut to the basket + rebounding

Is it too much to expect over 70 points per game from the three of them?
skywalker33

Post#107 » by skywalker33 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:45 pm

Continue to read/hear reports that Murray is ahead of schedule in his rehab, just hope Jamal doesn't rush it. I would rather have him back 100% in March for the playoff run than 90% to finish the season in February, longevity has to be observed here IMO.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#108 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:12 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Continue to read/hear reports that Murray is ahead of schedule in his rehab, just hope Jamal doesn't rush it. I would rather have him back 100% in March for the playoff run than 90% to finish the season in February, longevity has to be observed here IMO.

+100 :pray: :nod: :meditate:
skywalker33

Post#109 » by skywalker33 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:46 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Continue to read/hear reports that Murray is ahead of schedule in his rehab, just hope Jamal doesn't rush it. I would rather have him back 100% in March for the playoff run than 90% to finish the season in February, longevity has to be observed here IMO.

+100 :pray: :nod: :meditate:

So I’m NOT alone on this thread, wasn’t quite sure it wasn’t just me and Will Smith

DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#110 » by DaFan334 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:48 am

Has there been any other NBA players who are this engaged in their team during major injury rehab? Jamal is not just around the team, he is apparently going to help out with coaching until he is back this year. In comparison to Kawhi, who sits in a press box, I think this shows some serious leadership that very few players have.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#111 » by TunaFish » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:03 pm

DaFan334 wrote:Has there been any other NBA players who are this engaged in their team during major injury rehab? Jamal is not just around the team, he is apparently going to help out with coaching until he is back this year. In comparison to Kawhi, who sits in a press box, I think this shows some serious leadership that very few players have.

He is a team leader and all hopes are for a successful return from injury.
Canned in Denver.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Re: Jamal Murray 

Post#112 » by THE J0KER » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:32 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/273621/Jamal-Murray-Out-3-4-Weeks-With-Right-Hamstring-Strain

After a fantastic 2023 playoff and a good start to the current season, Jamal looked like a sure bet to reach his all-star debut this winter, but this 4-weeks injury may prevent him :oops:

This will also damage Denver's chances to repeat last season's story when Denver secured the WC#1 seed practically before the ASG break.

But at the end of the day, the most important is for Murray to have a full recovery. We need healthy and in good shape much more in playoffs than now.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#113 » by Coeur » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:28 am

Get to see if Gillespie and/or Pickett can play. As long as Jamal recovery, it might be best for the long run.

Go get Bogdanovic
skywalker33

Post#114 » by skywalker33 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:27 am

Coeur wrote:Get to see if Gillespie and/or Pickett can play. As long as Jamal recovery, it might be best for the long run.

I agree with this, helps the development of both players

Coeur wrote:Go get Bogdanovic

While I admire your loyalty, but his salary would never work on this team, ain't happening

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#115 » by Coeur » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:00 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Coeur wrote:Get to see if Gillespie and/or Pickett can play. As long as Jamal recovery, it might be best for the long run.

I agree with this, helps the development of both players

Coeur wrote:Go get Bogdanovic

While I admire your loyalty, but his salary would never work on this team, ain't happening

Caruso?

Jaden Ivey?
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#116 » by THE J0KER » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:14 pm

Jamal is so underrated... #13 Western guard ranked by fans despite being a top-12 NBA player overall (including East, including frontcourt players) twice in the previous 4 playoffs!?
skywalker33

Post#117 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:16 am

Looks like his injury is really gonna cost him the loss of his Super Max contract...too bad for him, but could help the Nuggets out in the long run.

Return to Denver Nuggets