ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (2019-20 season)

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,240
And1: 5,335
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#101 » by THE J0KER » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:12 am

Dam'n, just when everyone write-off Minnesota team, we gifted them Beasley and Juancho, and they get #1 pick out of all teams!

After three seasons in the row with 4 out of 5 teams reaching playoff, Northwest is going to be strong once again, even if Oklahoma trade all their veterans for the assets.

RESULT OF 2020 LOTTERY:
1. Wolves
2. Warriors
3. Hornets
4. Bulls
5. Cavaliers
6. Hawks
7. Pistons
8. Knicks
9. Wizards

10. Suns
11. Spurs
12. Kings
13. Pelicans
14. Celtics
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,301
And1: 6,733
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#102 » by The Rebel » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:23 am

It will be interesting to see what the Warriors can get for the number 2 overall pick, they have a large $17 Million TPE or may have to include Wiggins or Green, but I can see them getting someone pretty good.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,240
And1: 5,335
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#103 » by THE J0KER » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:14 am

The Rebel wrote:It will be interesting to see what the Warriors can get for the number 2 overall pick, they have a large $17 Million TPE or may have to include Wiggins or Green, but I can see them getting someone pretty good.

With Curry-Klay-Wiggins-Green around they will be focussed on best center in class. I guess it is going to be Wiseman, but no surprise if they take PF Toppin, considering how much Steve Kerr likes small-ball strategy. Wiseman will be available at #2 for sure, no way Wolves which already have an all-star center in Towns will take him, but there is some possibility Minnesota will pair KAT and Toppin which opens the door for GSW to take SG Edwards which trade value is arguably higher than Wiseman, so they can get some already proven big lately from the trade market.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,301
And1: 6,733
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#104 » by The Rebel » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:30 am

THE J0KER wrote:
The Rebel wrote:It will be interesting to see what the Warriors can get for the number 2 overall pick, they have a large $17 Million TPE or may have to include Wiggins or Green, but I can see them getting someone pretty good.

With Curry-Klay-Wiggins-Green around they will be focussed on best center in class. I guess it is going to be Wiseman, but no surprise if they take PF Toppin, considering how much Steve Kerr likes small-ball strategy. Wiseman will be available at #2 for sure, no way Wolves which already have an all-star center in Towns will take him, but there is some possibility Minnesota will pair KAT and Toppin which opens the door for GSW to take SG Edwards which trade value is arguably higher than Wiseman, so they can get some already proven big lately from the trade market.


All indications are that the Warriors are wanting to trade the pick, I doubt they draft anybody. If they do than you should realize that they have a history of drafting best player available. They took Curry despite having Ellis, then drafted Thompson while already having Curry and Ellis. They drafted Green while having Lee, Looney while having Green.

More than likely they will trade the pick, and depending on who they go after it will be interesting to see what they get and who they include.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,240
And1: 5,335
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#105 » by THE J0KER » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:24 am

COVID19 bad influence on NBA league continues.
NBA Remains Hopeful Of Beginning 20-21 Season By Late December, January
AUG 25, 2020 3:41 PM


While the NBA has essentially privately and publicly ruled out the possibility of beginning the 20-21 season on December 1st.

The NBA's Board of Governors held a call with the league office on Friday with discussions on the start of the season ranging from December to March. Sources tell ESPN there remains a consensus hope to start the season sometime in late December or January.

The biggest motivator for the NBA and NBPA to delay the start of next season is to eventually get fans safely back into arenas for games. Adam Silver says game-night receipts account for approximately 40% of the league's revenues.

The financial realities of the league's revenues cratering out without fans in arenas would have dramatic impact on teams, especially smaller-market franchises.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,301
And1: 6,733
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#106 » by The Rebel » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:50 am

I cannot be the only one watching the Rockets series laughing at all the NBA fans that have spent the last 2 years telling us all that they are significantly better than the Nuggets and all the other supposed 2nd tier teams. I give the Thunder a pretty good chance on game 7.

It was too bad that Lillard got hurt when he did, that series was looking like it was going to be fun as well.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,240
And1: 5,335
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#107 » by THE J0KER » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:10 am

2020 NBA Draft Likely To Be Moved Back To November 18th
SEP 9, 2020 3:14 PM


The NBA has informed teams of possibly moving the 2020 draft to November 18th.

The NBA and NBPA have been in negotiations on a new date. The NBA's Board of Governors and general managers will discuss the new dates in meetings this week.

The draft was previously rescheduled for October 16th, which was only a few days after the end of The Finals.

The 20-21 season was scheduled to begin on December 1st, but that start date will likely be postponed now.

Personally, I think for teams which vulture with the late first pick is better if draft being sooner than later.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,592
And1: 3,957
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#108 » by skywalker33 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:28 am

THE J0KER wrote:
2020 NBA Draft Likely To Be Moved Back To November 18th
SEP 9, 2020 3:14 PM


The NBA has informed teams of possibly moving the 2020 draft to November 18th.

The NBA and NBPA have been in negotiations on a new date. The NBA's Board of Governors and general managers will discuss the new dates in meetings this week.

The draft was previously rescheduled for October 16th, which was only a few days after the end of The Finals.

The 20-21 season was scheduled to begin on December 1st, but that start date will likely be postponed now.

Personally, I think for teams which vulture with the late first pick is better if draft being sooner than later.


I think it was a wise decision considering the draft, when it was would've only given the Final participants only two weeks while also having to deal with Free Agency (when is that now ?). You may change your tune if the Nuggets are in the Finals.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,301
And1: 6,733
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#109 » by The Rebel » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:32 am

THE J0KER wrote:
2020 NBA Draft Likely To Be Moved Back To November 18th
SEP 9, 2020 3:14 PM


The NBA has informed teams of possibly moving the 2020 draft to November 18th.

The NBA and NBPA have been in negotiations on a new date. The NBA's Board of Governors and general managers will discuss the new dates in meetings this week.

The draft was previously rescheduled for October 16th, which was only a few days after the end of The Finals.

The 20-21 season was scheduled to begin on December 1st, but that start date will likely be postponed now.

Personally, I think for teams which vulture with the late first pick is better if draft being sooner than later.


I agree with Sky, a few extra days is a good thing, look at the rumors. There are many teams that left the bubble disappointed, and more than 1 that have to make major changes or blow up the roster. Right now the Bucks. Jazz, Rockets, Pacers, and 76ers have to make a choice on whether they can improve and keep their stars happy or if they have to blow up the team due to various reasons. The Spurs and Thunder both appear ready to dump their veterans and go full young guys. The Pistons are looking to dump salary, The Kings are hunting for a new GM right now, AK just took over the Bulls, the Knicks have a new front office. The Suns think they are a minor piece or two away from being a sure fire playoff team. The Twolves, Warriors, and several other teams are reportedly either willing or actively seeking to trade their picks.

The Nuggets have to figure out what to do about PF, Barton and the bench, a backup C, who to draft or possibly to trade at the draft as soon as they are done with the season. Right now I prefer they focus on the playoffs personally. It is a good thing for all the teams still in the bubble.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,119
And1: 3,342
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#110 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:29 pm

It doesn't really matter to me when they hold the draft. But it does seem that NBA teams have enough people, especially front office, that are not in the bubble. They could hold the draft early. The negative to an early draft is that teams in the bubble will lose a lot of input from the coaches that are in the bubble. The bubble has games happening much more frequently than any playoffs before. That leaves the coaches little time to focus on anything else.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,240
And1: 5,335
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#111 » by THE J0KER » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:22 am

Ja Morant, Zion Williamson Headline All-Rookie Team

Joining Morant and Williamson on the First Team are Kendrick Nunn, Brandon Clarke and Eric Paschall.

On the Second Team are Coby White, Tyler Herro, Terence Davis II, PJ Washington and Rui Hachimura.


We can complain about Porter as we do about the all-star rookie game, he proved in the bubble he is TOP3 talent of this rookie class, but the fact is all these guys played around 30mpg this season while Porter played just around 15mpg. The only exception is Terence Daves, an undrafted player which ironically played for Nuggets this Summer League, so MPJ is still robbed.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,240
And1: 5,335
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#112 » by THE J0KER » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 pm

After Porter didn't reach even all-rookie 2nd team, another injustice for the Nuggets player. Nikola Jokic is a member of the all-NBA 2nd team, not first! Chosen All-NBA first-team center is Anthony Davis, which most of the season played on forward spot, behind old school centers McGee and Howard. :crazy:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259602/Giannis-Antetokounmpo-LeBron-James-Headline-19-20-All-NBA-Teams-As-Unanimous-Picks
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,592
And1: 3,957
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#113 » by skywalker33 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:40 pm

THE J0KER wrote:After Porter didn't reach even all-rookie 2nd team, another injustice for the Nuggets player. Nikola Jokic is a member of the all-NBA 2nd team, not first! Chosen All-NBA first-team center is Anthony Davis, which most of the season played on forward spot, behind old school centers McGee and Howard. :crazy:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259602/Giannis-Antetokounmpo-LeBron-James-Headline-19-20-All-NBA-Teams-As-Unanimous-Picks


Unlike most of the Nuggets themselves, you are way too caught up in accolades.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,301
And1: 6,733
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#114 » by The Rebel » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:22 am

Having watched a lot of the eastern conference playoffs, I think Bam is the best big in the eastern conference. I think he is pretty clearly better than Embiid this year.

By the way the Heat run a few Nuggets plays for Bam. He is a very good passer for a big, not as good as Jokic but I would say Bam is that next level down which is a big step but still good enough to make passes as the ball handler on a pick and roll.

The Celtics offense reminds me a lot of the Karl drive and kick system with more spacing. It is effective but not as fun to watch.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,592
And1: 3,957
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#115 » by skywalker33 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:54 pm

Well, LeTrash's pissed he didn't win the MVP.....what a TOOL ! He didn't deserve it, Giannis clearly outplayed him during the regular season. He couldn't be a gracious loser, honoring someone other than himself or just even NOT OPENING HIS MOUTH at all. The guy has the biggest ego I've ever seen.

Sounds like yet ANOTHER way to manipulate the refs, "I'm pissed to stay outta my way attitude".
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,240
And1: 5,335
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#116 » by THE J0KER » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:22 pm

Lakers/Nuggets Game 2 Down 36 Percent From Game 1 Competing Against NFL
SEP 22, 2020 11:22 AM


The NBA drew 4.921 million viewers for Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Denver Nuggets on Friday evening, while that number dropped to 3.170 million for Game 2 airing on Sunday evening against NBC's coverage of the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots (17.689 million viewers), according to data from ShowBuzzDaily. The drop competing against the NFL on Sunday evening represents a 36 percent decrease.

Sports Media Watch reports that Game 2 was the least watched Conference Finals game since the Detroit Pistons and New Jersey Nets in 2003...


THE IRONY: Lakers/Nuggets Game#2 is probably the best playoff game this 2020 playoff so far, with epic end.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,592
And1: 3,957
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#118 » by skywalker33 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:33 am

Part of me has to wonder if KSE is going to file any type of complaint regarding the officiating and if there will be any support from any of the other owners ?? This was some of the WORST officiating I've ever seen, and if was BLATANTLY favoring the BIG MARKET team. I realize that Silver is worried about the ratings, but the Nuggets have been a really exciting team that should have increased the NBA's rating.

I heard many Faker fan claim that is it was rigged, wouldn't the LAC vs. LAL draw more ?? My thought is that would appeal more to ONE market (although #2 in the league) while the DEN vs. LAL would draw 2 markets, just a stupid excuse they use to try and complete heir "denial" that the league fixed this series.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,301
And1: 6,733
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#119 » by The Rebel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:14 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Part of me has to wonder if KSE is going to file any type of complaint regarding the officiating and if there will be any support from any of the other owners ?? This was some of the WORST officiating I've ever seen, and if was BLATANTLY favoring the BIG MARKET team. I realize that Silver is worried about the ratings, but the Nuggets have been a really exciting team that should have increased the NBA's rating.

I heard many Faker fan claim that is it was rigged, wouldn't the LAC vs. LAL draw more ?? My thought is that would appeal more to ONE market (although #2 in the league) while the DEN vs. LAL would draw 2 markets, just a stupid excuse they use to try and complete heir "denial" that the league fixed this series.


We know that Kroenke considers his franchise a business 1st, and we know that the NBA believes that having the Lakers in the finals is a better driver of ratings, so I doubt they file or say anything about the refs.

I don't know if you realize it, but the 2 highest rated games in the bubble featured 1 team, and it was not the Lakers. The Nuggets were drawing from around the country as people wanted to see this young team of upstarts that just would not quit. Then game 1 happened and the ratings for game 2 were terrible, game 3 they went up, than game 4 was the 2nd highest rated of the bubble, game 5 appears to have had low ratings as well. What does that tell us? To me it says that the NBA consumer was fascinated by the Nuggets, saw the screw job was in for game 1 and did not bother with game 2, came back for 2 competitive games, saw the same screw job late in game 3 and 4 and decided to just quit watching. Maybe the actual numbers will wake up the league, maybe enough people will turn off the finals saying it is enough, and maybe we can go back to having a fair league? Maybe but I doubt it.

Personally I have not been this close to just never watching another NBA game in my life, many of my earliest memories come from attending Nuggets games, getting on their floor and shooting a basket as a little kid, meeting some of the players, and I have followed them since I can remember. Growing up my entire family was Nuggets fan, all 36 cousins went to 2 games a year at Mcnichols, m y uncles played a high school game every year on the court before the Nuggets games so we got cheap tickets. I am the last one that still watches and follows the NBA, my family had enough in the 90s and during the Melo years. Last night I turned off the game half way through the 4th, I could not watch the blatant favoritism anymore. The only reason I have stayed this long is that I know eventually the league will fold or they will realize that the only way to keep the sport healthy is to stop screwing over the small markets every chance they get. Their huge contract in China still pays than 10% of what the US national tv contracts pay, but at this rate that is going to change real quickly.

Return to Denver Nuggets