ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (2019-20 season)

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 8,856
And1: 3,184
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#21 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Oct 2, 2019 3:16 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255559/Heat-Banish-James-Johnson-For-Not-Meeting-Conditioning-Requirements

James Johnson (from Cheyenne, WY) was praised by Spolstra for his off-season conditioning and now suspended for not meeting their requirements. The Heat have serious expectations and it works for them and they've suspended players in the past.

What do you think about this concept?
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,027
And1: 5,152
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#22 » by THE J0KER » Sat Oct 5, 2019 12:00 am

Ben Simmons and our Murray from the 2016 draft class already signed max deals, so it is interesting will Pascal Siakam (with Toronto) follow their steps.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,027
And1: 5,152
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#23 » by THE J0KER » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:19 pm

ticket sales, StubHub data

Denver is still a small market franchise and not TOP10 in tickets demand, but talking about ticket demand growth, Nuggets are TOP5 this season and the only ones of TOP8 on that list which not aquire this summer some big name or TOP pick, just young players from last season becoming year older.

Image

Image
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,027
And1: 5,152
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#24 » by THE J0KER » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:13 am

China-NBA proxy war is maybe something that will more affect league, including Denver Nuggets, than we think.
Read on Twitter


So all the cap math we calculated recently maybe suddenly will not work for 2020-21 season. This is just a "worst-case scenario", but if NBA money from China rising market is gone overnight and will not backs anytime soon, all projected future year-by-year salary cap projections will be canceled, and as you see, there are fears that even salary cap shortages are possible.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,325
And1: 3,778
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#25 » by skywalker33 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:15 pm

Could/probably will push us over the cap, maybe into the luxury tax. The league will have to make adjustments else those teams over the luxury tax will remain there for some time.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 8,856
And1: 3,184
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#26 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:46 pm

If Denver is the deepest team in the NBA, and I believe they are; is Toronto the 2nd deepest team? I like their starting lineup and their second five looks impressive too.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,325
And1: 3,778
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#27 » by skywalker33 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:21 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:If Denver is the deepest team in the NBA, and I believe they are; is Toronto the 2nd deepest team? I like their starting lineup and their second five looks impressive too.


Personally i'd take LAC or POR before TOR which really doesn't bode well for us. POR's 2nd unit is young but has some developing talent.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 8,856
And1: 3,184
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#28 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:54 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:If Denver is the deepest team in the NBA, and I believe they are; is Toronto the 2nd deepest team? I like their starting lineup and their second five looks impressive too.

Personally i'd take LAC or POR before TOR which really doesn't bode well for us. POR's 2nd unit is young but has some developing talent.

Interesting thoughts and I appreciate them. So I just looked at those three teams. Toronto is a little less impressive to me now - in terms of depth.

But I'm not really impressed with the Clippers' depth. Of course I'm not overly impressed with a couple of their starters. They really can only rely on George, Leonard, and Williams - but those are three nice players to lean on. The problem is, what if one is injured - that's the depth I don't see.

Portland might be the best of the three now that you mentioned them.

Lillard-Bazemore
McCollum
Hood - Herzonja
Collins-Labissiere
Nurkic-Whiteside-Gasol

I love their three guard rotation and SF isn't terrible, especially considering Bazemore can play there some. PF has been their weak spot for a while and it's still probably their worst spot, but it's better. Then look at that depth at center. None can play much PF but that's three big centers that can stay with anyone.

Yuppers, I might give the nod to Portland.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,325
And1: 3,778
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#29 » by skywalker33 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:25 pm

Don’t sleep on Anfernee Simmons, dude looks like he’s never met a shot he didn’t like
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,027
And1: 5,152
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#30 » by THE J0KER » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:26 pm

We are the deepest team in the league, hands down!

It does not automatically mean we have the best bench in the league because for that is most important your best 3-4 bench players, not all 10, and some coaches like intentionally to put on the bench some of his best players, from Ginobili or Jason Terry, or recently, we see last season how Clippers two out of teams best four players (Lou Williams and Harrell) played in the second unit.

But if we look at whole groups of backup players, the Denver bench is the best with the most useful players. Call me biased if you want, but Plumlee, Grant, MPJ, Beasley, Morris as starters, with Juancho, JV, Craig, Bol, Zeller, Cook... would beat in best of seven series teams like Cleveland or Charlotte this season!

Clippers spend too many assets to get George, so they are not that deep anymore, but if Rivers insist on putting Lou and MH on the bench both again, their bench production can be better than of the Nuggets.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,325
And1: 3,778
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#31 » by skywalker33 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:01 am

THE J0KER wrote:Clippers spend too many assets to get George, so they are not that deep anymore, but if Rivers insist on putting Lou and MH on the bench both again, their bench production can be better than of the Nuggets.


Don't forget they still have Shamet, Harkless and even Robinson could be good off the bench too.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,027
And1: 5,152
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#32 » by THE J0KER » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:08 pm

NBA.com 2019-20 GM Survey

Interesting parts related to Denver Nuggets and their players:
Spoiler:
Image

Who will win the 2019-20 Kia MVP?
Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee — 52%
Stephen Curry, Golden State — 10%
Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers — 10%
Kawhi Leonard, LA Clippers — 10%
Nikola Jokic, Denver — 7%
Also receiving votes: James Harden, Houston; LeBron James, L.A. Lakers; Damian Lillard, Portland
Last year: LeBron James – 30%


Which player is most likely to have a breakout season in 2019-20?
De’Aaron Fox, Sacramento — 19%
Jaren Jackson Jr., Memphis — 11%
Jayson Tatum, Boston — 11%
Brandon Ingram, New Orleans — 7%
Jamal Murray, Denver — 7%


Who is the best center in the NBA?
Nikola Jokic, Denver — 48%
Joel Embiid, Philadelphia — 28%
Anthony Davis, L.A. Lakers — 17%
Also receiving votes: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee; Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota
Last year: Anthony Davis — 40%


What was the most underrated player acquisition?
Mike Conley, Utah — 36%
Bojan Bogdanovic, Utah — 14%
Jerami Grant, Denver — 11%
Malcolm Brogdon, Indiana — 11%
Tomas Satoransky, Chicago — 7%


Which rookie was the biggest steal at where he was selected in the Draft?
Nickeil Alexander-Walker (17), New Orleans — 32%
Brandon Clarke (21), Memphis — 21%
Goga Bitadze (18), Indiana — 11%
Bol Bol (44), Denver — 7%
Tyler Herro (13), Miami — 7%


Who is the best international player in the NBA?
Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee — 79%
Nikola Jokic, Denver — 14%
Luka Doncic, Dallas — 7%
Last year: Giannis Antetokounmpo — 73%


Which head coach runs the best offense?
Steve Kerr, Golden State — 38%
Mike Budenholzer, Milwaukee — 14%
Mike D’Antoni, Houston — 14%
Terry Stotts, Portland — 14%
Michael Malone, Denver — 7%
Nick Nurse, Toronto — 7%
Quin Snyder, Utah — 7%


Which team is the most fun to watch?
Denver Nuggets — 31%
New Orleans Pelicans — 21%
Golden State Warriors — 17%
Milwaukee Bucks — 10%
Portland Trail Blazers — 7%


Which team has the best home-court advantage?
Denver Nuggets — 38%
Utah Jazz — 24%
Golden State Warriors — 24%
Portland Trail Blazers — 7%


Which team has the most promising young core?
New Orleans Pelicans — 28%
Denver Nuggets — 24%
Atlanta Hawks — 17%
Sacramento Kings — 10%
Philadelphia 76ers — 7%


Which player is the best passer?
LeBron James, L.A. Lakers — 57%
Nikola Jokic, Denver — 32%
Chris Paul, Oklahoma City — 7%
James Harden, Houston — 4%


Which player has the best basketball IQ?
LeBron James, L.A. Lakers — 64%
Nikola Jokic, Denver — 11%
Chris Paul, Oklahoma City — 7%
Rajon Rondo, L.A. Lakers — 7%
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,325
And1: 3,778
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#33 » by skywalker33 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:04 pm

Pacers looking to trade Sabonis, a legit C at 6-11 250lbs. A lot of teams can use this guy to help solidify their pivot, wonder where he goes, perhaps we could help facilitate ?? He'd be an upgrade on over half the league's starting IMO.

ATL
BOS
CHA
CLE
DAL
GSW
LAC
LAL
NOP ??
NYK ??
SAC
SAS
TOR
WAS
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,741
And1: 5,949
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#34 » by The Rebel » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:15 am

It will be interesting to see where Sabonis goes and for how much. He was pretty good last year, but not great prior, much like Beasley.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,027
And1: 5,152
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#35 » by THE J0KER » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:00 am

skywalker33 wrote:Pacers looking to trade Sabonis, a legit C at 6-11 250lbs. A lot of teams can use this guy to help solidify their pivot, wonder where he goes, perhaps we could help facilitate ?? He'd be an upgrade on over half the league's starting IMO.

ATL
BOS
CHA
CLE
DAL
GSW
LAC
LAL
NOP ??
NYK ??
SAC
SAS
TOR
WAS

For me, potentially the best thing about this news is the fact that when Barton signed a new deal with the Nuggets, Pacers are the only other very interested team back at the 2018 summer.

Sabonis signs 60/4 and traded to Kings with Gary Harris and McDermott
Barnes, Craig, Juancho, and Barton traded to Pacers with 2020-SAC and 2022-DEN
Buddy Hield signs 110/4 and traded to Nuggets with TJ Warren, Justin Holiday and Yogi Ferrell


BTW, Siakam signed a max deal with Toronto, but unlike Jamal Murray and Ben Simmons from the same 2016 draft class, he signed a 4-year max, not a 5-year max. Talking about the 2016 draft class, October 21 is a time deadline for eventual Nuggets Malik Beasley and Juancho extensions.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,325
And1: 3,778
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#36 » by skywalker33 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:20 am

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Pacers looking to trade Sabonis, a legit C at 6-11 250lbs. A lot of teams can use this guy to help solidify their pivot, wonder where he goes, perhaps we could help facilitate ?? He'd be an upgrade on over half the league's starting IMO.

ATL
BOS
CHA
CLE
DAL
GSW
LAC
LAL
NOP ??
NYK ??
SAC
SAS
TOR
WAS

For me, potentially the best thing about this news is the fact that when Barton signed a new deal with the Nuggets, Pacers are the only other very interested team back at the 2018 summer.

Sabonis signs 60/4 and traded to Kings with Gary Harris and McDermott
Barnes, Craig, Juancho, and Barton traded to Pacers with 2020-SAC and 2022-DEN
Buddy Hield signs 110/4 and traded to Nuggets with TJ Warren, Justin Holiday and Yogi Ferrell


BTW, Siakam signed a max deal with Toronto, but unlike Jamal Murray and Ben Simmons from the same 2016 draft class, he signed a 4-year max, not a 5-year max. Talking about the 2016 draft class, October 21 is a time deadline for eventual Nuggets Malik Beasley and Juancho extensions.


Just some thoughts

Juancho is NOT getting an extension by the deadline (unless it's dirt cheap)

Not crazy about your trade, seems we're giving up more than we get back...just my opinion

If we trade for Hield, does Beasley even want to re-sign, he always be a bench guy with that trade ??
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,027
And1: 5,152
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#37 » by THE J0KER » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:25 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Spoiler:
THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Pacers looking to trade Sabonis, a legit C at 6-11 250lbs. A lot of teams can use this guy to help solidify their pivot, wonder where he goes, perhaps we could help facilitate ?? He'd be an upgrade on over half the league's starting IMO.

ATL
BOS
CHA
CLE
DAL
GSW
LAC
LAL
NOP ??
NYK ??
SAC
SAS
TOR
WAS

For me, potentially the best thing about this news is the fact that when Barton signed a new deal with the Nuggets, Pacers are the only other very interested team back at the 2018 summer.

Sabonis signs 60/4 and traded to Kings with Gary Harris and McDermott
Barnes, Craig, Juancho, and Barton traded to Pacers with 2020-SAC and 2022-DEN
Buddy Hield signs 110/4 and traded to Nuggets with TJ Warren, Justin Holiday and Yogi Ferrell


BTW, Siakam signed a max deal with Toronto, but unlike Jamal Murray and Ben Simmons from the same 2016 draft class, he signed a 4-year max, not a 5-year max. Talking about the 2016 draft class, October 21 is a time deadline for eventual Nuggets Malik Beasley and Juancho extensions.

Just some thoughts

Juancho is NOT getting an extension by the deadline (unless it's dirt cheap)

Not crazy about your trade, seems we're giving up more than we get back...just my opinion

If we trade for Hield, does Beasley even want to re-sign, he always be a bench guy with that trade ??

No starting job for Beasley, but trading three SF's (Barton, Craig, Juancho) and getting one (TJ Warren) will maybe brings to him some extra minutes on backup-SF role, which he played well last season during small-ball rotations.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 8,856
And1: 3,184
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#38 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:29 am

THE J0KER wrote:No starting job for Beasley, but trading three SF's (Barton, Craig, Juancho) and getting one (TJ Warren) will maybe brings to him some extra minutes on backup-SF role, which he played well last season during small-ball rotations.

I'd like Warren. He's better than any of our current SFs but I'm hoping Porter is better still.

The problem with this deal is that Barton alone is over Warren's salary and two more players makes the trade a no-go. I think Barton would fit nicely in Indiana and adding Beasley would still work and just might be enough for Indiana - even though they are receiving two SGs. But when Oladipo returns (soon probably), they won't need SG help. I suspect they are happy with their roster - at least at both guard slots and SF.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,741
And1: 5,949
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#39 » by The Rebel » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:27 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:No starting job for Beasley, but trading three SF's (Barton, Craig, Juancho) and getting one (TJ Warren) will maybe brings to him some extra minutes on backup-SF role, which he played well last season during small-ball rotations.

I'd like Warren. He's better than any of our current SFs but I'm hoping Porter is better still.

The problem with this deal is that Barton alone is over Warren's salary and two more players makes the trade a no-go. I think Barton would fit nicely in Indiana and adding Beasley would still work and just might be enough for Indiana - even though they are receiving two SGs. But when Oladipo returns (soon probably), they won't need SG help. I suspect they are happy with their roster - at least at both guard slots and SF.


I'd pass on Warren, he is a really bad defender.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 37,889
And1: 21,772
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#40 » by jbk1234 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:46 pm

Cavs signed Cook. Anything to look forward to or is this just a total flier?
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.

Return to Denver Nuggets