Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

Coeur
Veteran
And1: 433

Re: CRAZY trades on TnT board 

Post#21 » by Coeur » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:42 am

Here’s how the value is given away for free

- if you let millsap expire

- when you can’t sign the best of the Beasley, Craig, hernangomez, jerami Grant group because you can’t afford them with Harris, Barton still there
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 2,678

Post#22 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 1, 2019 4:49 am

Coeur wrote:
Spoiler:
NuggetsWY wrote:
Coeur wrote:

If we need to figure out all the players we have and how to best use them - yes, we might need to do that.
Coeur wrote:Covington is not a guy the Nugs give assets for. Already have some great role players and you have guys who could be more. You don’t take in Covington as huge value.

These Covington trades should be the base of the Aaron Gordon or Kevin love trades.

Bogdan Bogdanovic is who all Nugs trades should be about how that everyone realizes Wiggins

Well, I'd rather have Covington than Gordon and I'm not interested in Love at all. If we wanted Love, why would we re-sign Millsap and trade for Grant? I love Bogdan Bogdanovic but he's a small forward where we already have Barton, Porter, Craig, Hernnagomez and even trading a couple of those guys (assume Bogdanovic can be acquired), minutes are going to be hard for everyone to come by (unless we trade Barton & Porter).
Coeur wrote:People will start understanding that the Nugs have to make trades or give value up and give up the ability to develop the young guys

The Nuggets do not "have to make trades or give value up" although I agree with your comment about "ability to develop the young guys". Malone has proven developing young players is not something he likes to do - in games. So they'll probably sit on the bench no matter what.

As for making trades; I ask why is it necessary? We have a lot of young talent. We may not be able to keep all of them but I believe we should keep all of them until we figure out which have the most value - which we want to keep long term. If we lose a couple (or three), that will be better than trading away a guy that just might become an all-star.

Solid keepers for long term
Jokic - Murray

Looking good for the long-term
Grant - Harris - Beasley

Gambling on them
Bol - Porter - Vanderbilt

Nice to have & keep
Morris - Craig

We're only gambling on three players and if just one turns out to be great, we need to know which one.

I love at the bottom where you group them. You just leave out Barton and millsap and Plumlee. 60 million dollars of players. Are you saying just be content eating Barton and expiring millsap and plumlee and then paying for Bigs next season?

The gambling on them part is right. No trade value for them now but if they play a ton of value may be created. Nugs just don’t have the time to let any of them play to see.

Yeah, I left out Barton because I don't see him as a long term member of the team. I understand why Malone wants him this year though I don't agree.

I left out Millsap & Plumlee because we know who/what they are and I don't see them as long term players on the Nuggets. Please notice I was speaking about young talent in the paragraph leading into that (although I didn't make it real clear).

The first PT that is at issue for young players begins with Beasley - and I don't have much of an answer except to cut minutes from Morris and make Beasley the third guard in a three man rotation with Morris ready to step up in case of injury.

At forward we have non youth: Millsap & Plumlee
At forward we will also see too much Barton.
The rest of the forwards are around Jokic's age and you are correct, playing time will be the question. Malone has not impressed me with his ability to juggle rotations, especially when dealing with young players.

Let's play a game and assume Malone gives Millsap 30 mpg and keeps Plumlee as only a backup center. That leaves 18 mpg at PF - which probably go to Grant.

Malone played Barton around 24 mpg last year and how will he use the other 24? I suspect he will give Craig at least half of those minutes. Will Porter get the other 12 minutes?

30 Millsap
18 Grant
24 Barton
12 Craig
12 Porter
0 Vanderbilt
0 Hernangomez
0 Bol - center & PF

Malone wants to win every game, every quarter, every minute. That's why I believe they re-signed Millsap & kept Barton. Take them out of the equation and you might have something like the following for the forwards:

30 Grant
18 Vanderbilt
24 Porter - protect his minutes, at least at first
12 Craig
12 Hernangomez
proscout
Junior
And1: 21

Post#23 » by proscout » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:44 am

As much as I really like Beasley, I have been browsing the trade forums and a couple Denver-Toronto ideas posted there, and it kinda got me to thinking that, if we don't think we're going to be able to pay Beasley, I might be down for a Beasley-OG swap. Don't know the realistic % of that actually happen, but if it did, the roster is starting to grow on me because we could move Barton to the 6th man, back at his more natural position of the 2 instead of the 3. Thoughts on that (not so much on if the trade could or couldn't happen, but IF it did, thoughts on the adjusted lineup)?

BEFORE:
Murray/Morris
Harris/Beasley
Barton/Craig/Porter/Juancho
Millsap/Grant/Vanderbilt
Jokic/Plumlee/Bol

AFTER:
Murray/Morris
Harris/Barton
OG/Craig/Porter/Juancho
Millsap/Grant/Vanderbilt
Jokic/Plumlee/Bol
Coeur
Veteran

Post#24 » by Coeur » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:22 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Coeur wrote:
Spoiler:
NuggetsWY wrote:If we need to figure out all the players we have and how to best use them - yes, we might need to do that.

Well, I'd rather have Covington than Gordon and I'm not interested in Love at all. If we wanted Love, why would we re-sign Millsap and trade for Grant? I love Bogdan Bogdanovic but he's a small forward where we already have Barton, Porter, Craig, Hernnagomez and even trading a couple of those guys (assume Bogdanovic can be acquired), minutes are going to be hard for everyone to come by (unless we trade Barton & Porter).

The Nuggets do not "have to make trades or give value up" although I agree with your comment about "ability to develop the young guys". Malone has proven developing young players is not something he likes to do - in games. So they'll probably sit on the bench no matter what.

As for making trades; I ask why is it necessary? We have a lot of young talent. We may not be able to keep all of them but I believe we should keep all of them until we figure out which have the most value - which we want to keep long term. If we lose a couple (or three), that will be better than trading away a guy that just might become an all-star.

Solid keepers for long term
Jokic - Murray

Looking good for the long-term
Grant - Harris - Beasley

Gambling on them
Bol - Porter - Vanderbilt

Nice to have & keep
Morris - Craig

We're only gambling on three players and if just one turns out to be great, we need to know which one.

I love at the bottom where you group them. You just leave out Barton and millsap and Plumlee. 60 million dollars of players. Are you saying just be content eating Barton and expiring millsap and plumlee and then paying for Bigs next season?

The gambling on them part is right. No trade value for them now but if they play a ton of value may be created. Nugs just don’t have the time to let any of them play to see.

Yeah, I left out Barton because I don't see him as a long term member of the team. I understand why Malone wants him this year though I don't agree.

I left out Millsap & Plumlee because we know who/what they are and I don't see them as long term players on the Nuggets. Please notice I was speaking about young talent in the paragraph leading into that (although I didn't make it real clear).

The first PT that is at issue for young players begins with Beasley - and I don't have much of an answer except to cut minutes from Morris and make Beasley the third guard in a three man rotation with Morris ready to step up in case of injury.

The rest of the forwards are around Jokic's age and you are correct, playing time will be the question. Malone has not impressed me with his ability to juggle rotations, especially when dealing with young players.

Let's play a game and assume Malone gives Millsap 30 mpg and keeps Plumlee as only a backup center. That leaves 18 mpg at PF - which probably go to Grant.

Malone played Barton around 24 mpg last year and how will he use the other 24? I suspect he will give Craig at least half of those minutes. Will Porter get the other 12 minutes?

30 Millsap
18 Grant
24 Barton
12 Craig
12 Porter
0 Vanderbilt
0 Hernangomez
0 Bol - center & PF

Malone wants to win every game, every quarter, every minute. That's why I believe they re-signed Millsap & kept Barton. Take them out of the equation and you might have something like the following for the forwards:

30 Grant
18 Vanderbilt
12 Craig
12 Hernangomez

Guys who expect to start or play rotation level minutes: Jokic, Murray, Harris, plumlee, millsap, Grant, monte Morris, Beasley, Torrey Craig, Hernangomez

Maybe they drop hernangomez from rotation completely? Or play 10 guys?

Mpj, Vanderbilt, And Bolbol: gargabe time minutes, prob time throughout the season maybe sneaking one of these guys into rotation time due to injury.

This season won’t determine Gary Harris and Barton trade value with how good they play. Their trade values will automatically go down even if both are healthy and play their best. The stats won’t go up when there’s this many guys they’ll try to play.

This year Nugs have their choice and the ability to decide which sg/sf’s you want long term. Next year those decisions get made for you. Boggles my mind so many don’t want that decision and would rather just close your eyes and wait.

I’d pick Torrey Craig, Beasley, Grant, and I think hernangomez
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#25 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Aug 2, 2019 1:38 pm

Coeur wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
Coeur wrote:I love at the bottom where you group them. You just leave out Barton and millsap and Plumlee. 60 million dollars of players. Are you saying just be content eating Barton and expiring millsap and plumlee and then paying for Bigs next season?

30 Millsap
18 Grant
24 Barton
12 Craig
12 Porter
0 Vanderbilt
0 Hernangomez
0 Bol - center & PF

30 Grant
18 Vanderbilt
12 Craig
12 Hernangomez

Guys who expect to start or play rotation level minutes: Jokic, Murray, Harris, plumlee, millsap, Grant, monte Morris, Beasley, Torrey Craig, Hernangomez

Mpj, Vanderbilt, And Bolbol: gargabe time minutes, prob time throughout the season maybe sneaking one of these guys into rotation time due to injury.

This season won’t determine Gary Harris and Barton trade value with how good they play. Their trade values will automatically go down even if both are healthy and play their best. The stats won’t go up when there’s this many guys they’ll try to play.

This year Nugs have their choice and the ability to decide which sg/sf’s you want long term. Next year those decisions get made for you. Boggles my mind so many don’t want that decision and would rather just close your eyes and wait.

Your point is valued but I'd still rather wait & see, if we lose a little value on players we could have traded and we no longer want, that's better than trading a player we would wish we had kept. The most notable example being when OKC had to make a decision and they traded Harden.
Coeur
Veteran

Post#26 » by Coeur » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:40 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Gotta say I'm seeing some absolutely crazy Nuggets trades on the TnT board, some by our own posters. Surprisingly, most other teams posters believe they are NOT favoring the Nuggets best interests, guess we can't be known as homers (moreso just bad trade masters).

I feel we should at least post those trades to discuss here so at least we can have a good laugh first... :lol:

Ok here you go

Beasley for Lakers pick swaps 20 and 22

I think the discussion is do they need Beasley and Morris or juancho

If you’re keeping Harris and Barton then you are pushing Beasley out anyway. This could be great value. Lakers right now won’t win games. They will be 7 ish seed or worse of a regular season team?

I think that it would come out to a 10 spot jump in the 20 draft and ???? In the 22
Coeur
Veteran

Post#27 » by Coeur » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:58 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Coeur wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Yeah, I left out Barton because I don't see him as a long term member of the team. I understand why Malone wants him this year though I don't agree.

30 Millsap
18 Grant
24 Barton
12 Craig
12 Porter
0 Vanderbilt
0 Hernangomez
0 Bol - center & PF

30 Grant
18 Vanderbilt
12 Craig
12 Hernangomez

Your point is valued but I'd still rather wait & see, if we lose a little value on players we could have traded and we no longer want, that's better than trading a player we would wish we had kept. The most notable example being when OKC had to make a decision and they traded Harden.

Wait and see amounts to lose for nothing whichever of Beasley, Craig, Grant, hernangomez outplay their roles. Or you’d be able to overpay to keep them. Basically wait and see is lose all control and hope for??

Make the decision now on who you think you want in 2 years and use all that value at a different position. The wrong choice or injuries making you wish you kept all the too many guys are the only way it backfires. The upside is the potential the Nugs can’t maximize with 12 starters
Coeur
Veteran

Post#28 » by Coeur » Fri Aug 2, 2019 9:29 pm

Somebody slow me down on Torrey Craig maybe?

I think Craig is one of the hidden gems of the nba. Game and fit no matter how I see the possibilities of any breakout from mpj or Beasley or whoever I always think Craig is a perfect compliment. Trade for whoever and Craig still fits perfect

He has no trade value. I get that. And don’t want to trade him obviously

But can you guys talk about him? How good is he or can he be? A huge part of my belief that Gary Harris has to be traded is Craig?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,350

Post#29 » by The Rebel » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:31 am

Coeur wrote:Somebody slow me down on Torrey Craig maybe?

I think Craig is one of the hidden gems of the nba. Game and fit no matter how I see the possibilities of any breakout from mpj or Beasley or whoever I always think Craig is a perfect compliment. Trade for whoever and Craig still fits perfect

But can you guys talk about him? How good is he or can he be? A huge part of my belief that Gary Harris has to be traded is Craig?

Craig is no where near the perfect complement to our offense. I would argue that he was actually a detriment in the starting lineup especially in the playoffs. The Trailblazers literally packed the paint against the starters with Craig and Millsap’s guys sagging well off them. While Murray, Harris, and Jokic did pretty well making them pay, there were many times when our offense would struggle to score.

Craig is a very good perimeter defender, but teams do not respect him on offense, and so far he has not been a dependable enough shooter to make them pay. There is no way I would make any move with the plan being him starting. He should be our 4th SG/SF at best at this point.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#30 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:32 am

The Rebel wrote:

Craig is no where near the perfect complement to our offense. I would argue that he was actually a detriment in the starting lineup especially in the playoffs. The Trailblazers literally packed the paint against the starters with Craig and Millsap’s guys sagging well off them. While Murray, Harris, and Jokic did pretty well making them pay, there were many times when our offense would struggle to score.

Craig is a very good perimeter defender, but teams do not respect him on offense, and so far he has not been a dependable enough shooter to make them pay. There is no way I would make any move with the plan being him starting. He should be our 4th SG/SF at best at this point.

If the ideal team has 5 starters that work well together and 3 key bench players; Craig would make a decent 9th or 10th player that maybe doesn't play every game but can play now and then, when we need a serious effort on wing defense.
Coeur
Veteran

Post#31 » by Coeur » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:14 am

The Rebel wrote:

Craig and Millsap’s guys sagging well off them. While Murray, Harris, and Jokic did pretty well making them pay, there were many times when our offense would struggle to score.

The offense struggling to score was the reason the Nugs didn’t walk through the Portland series

Gary Harris fits with Craig and Milsap in your explanation. Not with Jokic and Murray. If there was a 3rd scorer that wouldn’t have happened.

I’m talking about Craig in Harris role. Def don’t think Craig is an offensive compliment. I’m saying he could fill Harris role.

And without changes either Craig or Grant will start at sf. And the limiting factor for the Nugs will be not having another guy to score in playoff basketball.

Why are you trying to sell Gary Harris as an offensive threat? I think he’s an elite defender and that he could have his greatest year yet and might only score 15-16. Scoring isn’t where Gary Harris has value.

Torrey Craig is closer to Gary Harris than Gary Harris is to a third option offensively
Coeur
Veteran

Post#32 » by Coeur » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:20 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

If the ideal team has 5 starters that work well together and 3 key bench players; Craig would make a decent 9th or 10th player that maybe doesn't play every game but can play now and then, when we need a serious effort on wing defense.

If Craig is a 9 or 10 what do you think Gary Harris

I don’t want Harris and Craig starting together because of the offensive shortcomings in playoff basketball. I want Craig replacing Harris

Craig covered Lillard and how’d that go?

Harris covered CJ McCollum and how’d that go?

This wasn’t my perception or my view right? These questions have answers that we all saw right?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,380

Post#33 » by skywalker33 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:51 am

Coeur wrote:If Craig is a 9 or 10 what do you think Gary Harris

Even with his injury last year, he looks to return to a top 4-6 player on this team. Craig has been a real nice find, but as much as he brings on D he can just as quickly stifle the offense. If Craig were more consistent beyond the arc, I could easily see playing the two together but right now Harris is the better 2-way player, no questions asked

Coeur wrote:I don’t want Harris and Craig starting together because of the offensive shortcomings in playoff basketball. I want Craig replacing Harris

You DO realize Gary was averaging over 14ppg to Craigs' 7ppg, Craig WAS the offensive shortcoming in the playoffs, not Harris. Now that Harris is healthy, Craig may not even see the floor, at least not at SG. Seeing how you think Wiggins is an answer for this team, I really question your ability for true talent evaluation :roll:

Coeur wrote:Craig covered Lillard and how’d that go?

Lillard was spent from the previous OKC series, he left in all hanging out there playing against Westbrook. His shot wasn't falling.

Coeur wrote:Harris covered CJ McCollum and how’d that go?

Craig played well but if he was as dominant, why couldn't he stop CJ (and he was put on CJ too)

I could easily see Craig getting traded this season, (not that I'd advocating this, I like the guy) just as WY said, this is a deep team and he's a 9th or 10th guy on a very good team, which we are !!!!
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
skywalker33

Post#34 » by skywalker33 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 6:19 am

Coeur wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Gotta say I'm seeing some absolutely crazy Nuggets trades on the TnT board, some by our own posters. Surprisingly, most other teams posters believe they are NOT favoring the Nuggets best interests, guess we can't be known as homers (moreso just bad trade masters).

I feel we should at least post those trades to discuss here so at least we can have a good laugh first... :lol:

Ok here you go

Beasley for Lakers pick swaps 20 and 22

I think the discussion is do they need Beasley and Morris or juancho

If you’re keeping Harris and Barton then you are pushing Beasley out anyway. This could be great value. Lakers right now won’t win games. They will be 7 ish seed or worse of a regular season team?

I think that it would come out to a 10 spot jump in the 20 draft and ???? In the 22

Well first off, we traded our 2020 1st to OKC for Grant....keep up !!

Second, while Barton is versatile enough to play SG, he IS listed as a SF as of last years depth chart, he's was 3rd backup at SG so he's not pushing Beasley out.

And lastly, have you ever noticed it's not just Nuggets fans who point out how Denver would turn down most of your trade proposals on the T&T board (and here) ??? When OTHER teams posters thinks it's bad trade returns (unless it's from their team), perhaps you should just try keeping your trades on NBA Live !! It's a free public forum and all but you're consistently getting some real CRAZY bad trade reviews, Dude.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
Coeur
Veteran

Post#35 » by Coeur » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:47 pm

The guy the Nugs have to think about for themselves or I would assume facilitating a trade somewhere else is d Angelo Russell

Russell is not going to work out good for curry or Kerr. They will have to move him and get a few pieces from him. Gary Harris is exactly who they need next to curry both without Klay and when he comes back and transitioned to the SF like they’re doing anyway. Klay has been one of the best defensive players in the league for a long time. And he will be great at SF but not if they can’t cover guards.

By mid season Steve Kerr will be begging for Harris and what?

Should Nugs want Russell?

Direct him to Orlando for Gordon?

Minnesota or somewhere else?
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 4,017

Post#36 » by THE J0KER » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Coeur wrote:The guy the Nugs have to think about for themselves or I would assume facilitating a trade somewhere else is d Angelo Russell

Russell is not going to work out good for curry or Kerr. They will have to move him and get a few pieces from him. Gary Harris is exactly who they need next to curry both without Klay and when he comes back and transitioned to the SF like they’re doing anyway. Klay has been one of the best defensive players in the league for a long time. And he will be great at SF but not if they can’t cover guards.

Direct him to Orlando for Gordon?

Minnesota or somewhere else?
If we really going to trade Harris it must be for another guard. So, if we trade Harris for Russell he would stay in Denver or been redirected for some other guard (Beal?).
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#37 » by NuggetsWY » Yesterday 12:14 am

Coeur wrote:The guy the Nugs have to think about for themselves or I would assume facilitating a trade somewhere else is d Angelo Russell

Direct him to Orlando for Gordon? Minnesota or somewhere else?

I like Russell's game but I don't think he fits well simply because he's best when he has the ball in his hands.
TunaFish
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#38 » by TunaFish » Yesterday 12:16 am

The Nuggets are not going to be in any hurry to make a trade and mess with the chemistry they are developing.

At the end of the season Millsap and Grant are expiring. It is by no means certain that either will return and that leaves a gap at power forward. If you are thinking of trades just remember that Harris is on a decent contract, scores about 15ppg and plays defense. His slot is filled. Craig is even cheaper. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that Denver has any plans to move Harris unless they think they have his replacement as well as at power forward.

Power forward is the key and how they fill it will be the object of the next off season.

Harris is valuable to Denver and there is no need to fill his position just to fill his position.
Canned in Denver.
Coeur
Veteran

Post#39 » by Coeur » Yesterday 7:59 pm

TunaFish wrote:The Nuggets are not going to be in any hurry to make a trade and mess with the chemistry they are developing.

At the end of the season Millsap and Grant are expiring. It is by no means certain that either will return and that leaves a gap at power forward. If you are thinking of trades just remember that Harris is on a decent contract, scores about 15ppg and plays defense. His slot is filled. Craig is even cheaper. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that Denver has any plans to move Harris unless they think they have his replacement as well as at power forward.

Power forward is the key and how they fill it will be the object of the next off season.

Harris is valuable to Denver and there is no need to fill his position just to fill his position.

Torrey Craig is the replacement

And yeah it’s for a F like Aaron Gordon that it makes the most sense to trade the Harris value for

The Gary Harris thing on here is so weird.
skywalker33

Post#40 » by skywalker33 » Yesterday 8:37 pm

Coeur wrote:
TunaFish wrote:The Nuggets are not going to be in any hurry to make a trade and mess with the chemistry they are developing.

Torrey Craig is the replacement

And yeah it’s for a F like Aaron Gordon that it makes the most sense to trade the Harris value for

The Gary Harris thing on here is so weird.

Torrey Craig is not the answer(especially at PF) to any thing for the Nuggets, he's a solid 9-10th spot on this roster. And while Grant can be a free agent, unless he has a poor season, which I highly doubt, we'll see him re-signed.

I do agree the questions can abound for GHarris but if, as I expect, he returns to strong form we'll be keeping him around as well. Now if he has another injury plagued season, all bets are off and I'd bet we see him on the trading block.

Return to Denver Nuggets