ImageImageImage

Is PJ Dozier the missing championship piece?

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

JamalMurray
Ballboy
And1: 2

Is PJ Dozier the missing championship piece? 

Post#1 » by JamalMurray » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:07 pm

Title.
SkillzFromThe6
Sophomore
And1: 196

Re: Is PJ Dozier the missing championship piece? 

Post#2 » by SkillzFromThe6 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:29 pm

Denver literally has 9 wings if you count Jerami Grant and Michael Porter Jr. If they don't trade Will Barton... man.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 4,081

Post#3 » by THE J0KER » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:58 pm

I read this news today, but personally, I have no clue who PJ Dozier is. I'm now confused about why we left Goodwin or not tried harder to sign Summer League undrafted sensation Terence Daves, or why we still didn't sign Bol Bol. We need more guards in cases someone gets an injury, so this move has some sense if this guy has some value. He has empty stats last season with Boston, but he played as a combo guard in a team which already have Irving, Smart, Rozier...
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 2,691

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:04 am

PJ Dozier has played 8 games in the NBA for a total of 54 minutes and that's over 2 years. He makes a nice practice player. Perhaps the Nuggets let Goodwin leave so he had a chance to play somewhere. Our current guard situation is:

Harris-Beasley
Murray-Morris and without injury, there will be zero minutes available for Dozier.

If we have two or more injuries at guard, the most likely replacements will be Barton & Craig.

I do hope the title was sarcasm by the OP - reminder, sarcasm is not portrayed in written text, so we use green font to indicate sarcasm - it helps.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,395

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:34 am

Not sure PJ Dozier would even see the floor with our depth...would have rather signed Bol Bol to the roster rather than a 2-way that seems inevitable now
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#6 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:18 am

skywalker33 wrote:Not sure PJ Dozier would even see the floor with our depth...would have rather signed Bol Bol to the roster rather than a 2-way that seems inevitable now

Sometimes our front office amazes me.

So now our roster is:

2 centers again - Jokic, Plumlee
4 PFs - Millsap, Grant, Vanderbilt, Cancar
4 SFs - Barton, Hernangomez, Porter, Craig
3 SGs - Harris, Beasley, Dozier
2 PGs - Murray, Morris

How will four PFs all play?
How will four SFs all play? --- even with injuries, we have plenty of forwards, many of which are interchangeable.

But I agree with Skywalker: having Bol or Welsh makes sense. Denver has gambled on both Jokic & Plumlee being available for most of the season. Jokic has missed 9 games in the last two years and Plumlee has missed 8 games. Of course three years ago, Jokic missed 9 games and Plumlee missed 55 games. Can we continue that gamble?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,395

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:12 am

Per Denver Stiff's, Dozier's deal is a Training Camp deal so appears we still have one roster spot available.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 4,081

Post#8 » by THE J0KER » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:59 pm

PJ Dozier is not the missing championship piece for Nuggets. The missing piece is Tyler Cook.
Coeur
Veteran
And1: 436

Post#9 » by Coeur » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:37 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Not sure PJ Dozier would even see the floor with our depth...would have rather signed Bol Bol to the roster rather than a 2-way that seems inevitable now

So now our roster is:

2 PGs - Murray, Morris

How will four SFs all play? --- even with injuries, we have plenty of forwards, many of which are interchangeable.

But I agree with Skywalker: having Bol or Welsh makes sense. Denver has gambled on both Jokic & Plumlee being available for most of the season. Jokic has missed 9 games in the last two years and Plumlee has missed 8 games. Of course three years ago, Jokic missed 9 games and Plumlee missed 55 games. Can we continue that gamble?

What is amazing you? You want to try to go forward with too many guys right?

You know they won’t be able to develop Vanderbilt, mpj, Bolbol types. There’s already 11 guys for for 9 rotation spots.
Coeur
Veteran
And1: 436

Post#10 » by Coeur » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:42 pm

Missing piece is is Aaron Gordon. And Bogdanovic and Andrew Wiggins.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#11 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:08 pm

Coeur wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

So now our roster is:

2 PGs - Murray, Morris

What is amazing you? You want to try to go forward with too many guys right?

You know they won’t be able to develop Vanderbilt, mpj, Bolbol types. There’s already 11 guys for for 9 rotation spots.

I would love a rotation of Jokic - Plumlee --- Millsap - Grant --- Hernangomez - Barton --- Harris - Beasley - Murray
with Vanderbilt & Craig & Morris ready to step in for any injured players. I've excluded Porter because IMO Malone will develop him very slowly (which usually frustrates me) and if Porter proves worthy, that he'll bump Barton and/or Hernangomez. Bol will spend most of his year being wasted in the G-League. But truthfully, there just isn't room for him this year.

So I'm saying 9 guys in rotation
with 3 guys as backups (we all know injuries happen)
and Porter being brought along until he's ready - probably mostly practice at first.

I see nothing wrong with our roster as-is. Sure it could be better but the only players that make it better are probably out of reach - unless Washington decides to trade Beal. I think we could assemble a very good package and I think he's worth sacrificing part of our 9 guys in rotation and 3 backup guys.

Return to Denver Nuggets