Nuggets' broadcast issues

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,949

Re: Nuggets' broadcast issues 

Post#41 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 1, 2019 3:30 pm

Directv and Altitude have finally settled, Altitude is back on Directv.

Also there are some rumors that a local politician is pushing the state AG to investigate the 3 providers due to the regional sports fees on top of forcing people to buy upgraded packages to get Altitude, effectively forcing people to pay double for the channel and still not wanting to pay Altitude for their programming.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,778

Post#42 » by skywalker33 » Fri Nov 1, 2019 9:26 pm

The Rebel wrote:Directv and Altitude have finally settled, Altitude is back on Directv.

Also there are some rumors that a local politician is pushing the state AG to investigate the 3 providers due to the regional sports fees on top of forcing people to buy upgraded packages to get Altitude, effectively forcing people to pay double for the channel and still not wanting to pay Altitude for their programming.

Have to think the other two providers are gonna have to follow suit soon, if not I know I'll be switching.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
TunaFish
Analyst
And1: 1,920

Post#43 » by TunaFish » Fri Nov 1, 2019 11:49 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Directv and Altitude have finally settled, Altitude is back on Directv.

Have to think the other two providers are gonna have to follow suit soon, if not I know I'll be switching.

Great news! Now if only KSE can settle the remaining issues.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 3,184

Post#44 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Mar 7, 2020 1:33 am

With the lawsuits out there, it looks like KSE will not be on air with Comcast or Dish for a very long time. LA Baseball has had this issue for years.

The commish spoke out against streaming but if that's the only way fans can see their teams, what is someone supposed to do?

Altitude has the right to negotiate however they want, but fans have rights too.

I'd prefer to get the Altitude broadcasts but if they don't want to make it happen, so be it.

I'm a Nuggets fan not an Altitude fan. Besides, watching some of the other teams' broadcasts has been interesting - listening to their opinions of the Nuggets. Some of what they say shows they haven't watched the Nuggets and are just quoting last year's media reports; but other times, their insight can be interesting for sure.
TunaFish
Analyst
And1: 1,920

Post#45 » by TunaFish » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:38 am

I am throwing this out as "food for thought" about the broadcast impasse with the Nuggets. A class action lawsuit was filed against the NFL and AT&T years ago claiming that interlocking agreements with Directv were illegally suppressing the availability of fans to see their teams broadcast. It was filed so long again and dismissed by the trial court, that I had forgotten about it. Then recently the Ninth Circuit reversed and the NFL has asked the Supreme Court to step in. It looks like a Supreme Court decision is imminent.

What this may have to do with basketball is that the Sports Broadcasting Act, an exception to the the Sherman Anti Trust Act, does not apply to satellite broadcasting but only to over the air broadcasting. It appears the defendants (NFL et all) have conceded that legal point. If the plaintiff's are successful, this would open the door for teams to provide their individual broadcast feeds to whatever broadcaster they choose, nationwide. This would also apply to the NBA.

That sounds a little like the situation that KSE may be pushing in his battle with cable but from an owner's perspective.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 3,184

Post#46 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:00 am

Well, time to start looking for feeds - since Altitude doesn't care to work with Dish and Dish doesn't care to work with Altitude.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,778

Post#47 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:35 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Well, time to start looking for feeds - since Altitude doesn't care to work with Dish and Dish doesn't care to work with Altitude.

Let me know of any medicinal feeds you may come across, my DISH-cold is as bad as COVID right now :lol: I'm just a PM away
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !

Return to Denver Nuggets