ImageImageImage

Nuggets Trades

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#161 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:42 am

The Rebel wrote:Thinking things over would you guys do Harris and Plumlee for Marc Gasol and a 1st?

Masai and the guys may want to prove that it was not all Kawhi last year. I can see him making this move to get a proven youngish starter that can fit in their current starting lineup and with Siakam and Announoby long term.

With Barton starting at SG and Porter JR at SF, this deal would allow us to keep Beasley and Juancho long term with Barton and Beasley getting 25+ minutes per night and Juancho getting around 15 we would still have good depth with Craig as the 5th guy. We would replace Plumlee with Marc Gasol, which would be a huge improvement even with Gasol declining. The 1st could be for long term, we can pick another project up next summer to put on the Beasley/MPJ/Bol developmental plan.

Next year you may be able to sign both Gasol and Millsap to cheap 3 year deals, and keep them on the bench in year 2 helping the young guys then use them as expiring contracts if you need to in year 3.

Have to say I have been souring on GHarris for a while and his $19M salary doesn't quantify his defense IMO. Also, even though I like Plumlee quite a lot as he is a real close Jokic-lite passer, his lack of FT proficiency kills me. I'd rather have a 2021 1st but not sure TOR would do it, honestly. We definitely need a shakeup and that would do it, plus we could add Dozier or Bol (or both) to the active roster.

I'm on board !
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#162 » by TunaFish » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:14 pm

The Rebel wrote:Thinking things over would you guys do Harris and Plumlee for Marc Gasol and a 1st?

Masai and the guys may want to prove that it was not all Kawhi last year. I can see him making this move to get a proven youngish starter that can fit in their current starting lineup and with Siakam and Announoby long term.

With Barton starting at SG and Porter JR at SF, this deal would allow us to keep Beasley and Juancho long term with Barton and Beasley getting 25+ minutes per night and Juancho getting around 15 we would still have good depth with Craig as the 5th guy. We would replace Plumlee with Marc Gasol, which would be a huge improvement even with Gasol declining. The 1st could be for long term, we can pick another project up next summer to put on the Beasley/MPJ/Bol developmental plan.

Next year you may be able to sign both Gasol and Millsap to cheap 3 year deals, and keep them on the bench in year 2 helping the young guys then use them as expiring contracts if you need to in year 3.

I am guessing that Masai would not cough up a 1st. Drafting is his lifeline. Trying to get Gasol is a good idea though given that Plumlee is out for 2 to 4 weeks but that also complicates any trade using Plumlee particularly going to a team fighting for a playoff seed like Toronto.

Denver needs a backup center now and Bol, in my mind, is a stretch 4 and too light for the center position. I hope TC has a card to play.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#163 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:24 pm

I'd love to add Gasol - but I also believe we need a third center, probably someone young. We've gambled on two centers for a couple of years and it really hurts when one is injured. I agree with TunaFish that Bol is probably not a center and I doubt he ever will be a center for more than a few minutes per game (very tall small-ball :wink: ).

I'd love to add any all-star caliber player but truthfully I'm still content gambling on what we have. The problem for our front office is how to keep all of these guys. The problem for our coach is how to keep all of these guys happy with playing time.

Millsap is 34 and Barton & Plumlee & Craig are 29. Everyone else is 25 or younger. Is it possible to keep the other twelve players?

Jokic
Grant - Vanderbilt - Cancar - Bol
Porter - Hernangomez
Harris - Beasley
Murray - Morris - Dozier

That's an impressive team - if everyone lives up to potential.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#164 » by The Rebel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:55 pm

TunaFish wrote:

I am guessing that Masai would not cough up a 1st. Drafting is his lifeline. Trying to get Gasol is a good idea though given that Plumlee is out for 2 to 4 weeks but that also complicates any trade using Plumlee particularly going to a team fighting for a playoff seed like Toronto.

Denver needs a backup center now and Bol, in my mind, is a stretch 4 and too light for the center position. I hope TC has a card to play.

They have Ibaka who many say is better than Gasol these days, Gasol i s not the player he was even 2 years ago, but he would make the perfect backup to Jokic.

You may be right on the 1st, but I think the Raptors have to give up something on top of Gasol given his current play and what they are getting. I think they only do this deal if they feel that Harris is a guy who can help them in their playoff chase, and I think he is. Plumlee will be healthy by the all star break so he will be fresher for the playoff push that they make.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#165 » by The Rebel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:59 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:I'd love to add Gasol - but I also believe we need a third center, probably someone young. We've gambled on two centers for a couple of years and it really hurts when one is injured. I agree with TunaFish that Bol is probably not a center and I doubt he ever will be a center for more than a few minutes per game (very tall small-ball :wink: ).

I'd love to add any all-star caliber player but truthfully I'm still content gambling on what we have. The problem for our front office is how to keep all of these guys. The problem for our coach is how to keep all of these guys happy with playing time.

Millsap is 34 and Barton & Plumlee & Craig are 29. Everyone else is 25 or younger. Is it possible to keep the other twelve players?

Jokic
Grant - Vanderbilt - Cancar - Bol
Porter - Hernangomez
Harris - Beasley
Murray - Morris - Dozier

That's an impressive team - if everyone lives up to potential.

Thomas Welsh has been playing well, and he may be the best available option in the G league as sad as that is.

There are just not a lot of young Center prospects out there floating around.

I would not be opposed to bringing in Joakim Noah, he is out there and available and we have a roster slot, but adding him puts us into the luxury tax so I doubt they will do it.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#166 » by TunaFish » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Doesn't appear to be a good solution to the backup center problem, as least one that doesn't require trading an asset. Looks like Grant is going to playing some center.

NuggetsWY, you called out that problem at the beginning of the season.
Canned in Denver.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#167 » by psimanic1 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:49 pm

I know its not a trade and i know his brother is letting him do some work in Nuggets gym, but I could actually see him on our next year roster atleast as 2 way?

skywalker33

Post#168 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:10 am

psimanic1 wrote:I know its not a trade and i know his brother is letting him do some work in Nuggets gym, but I could actually see him on our next year roster atleast as 2 way?

Love the thought but going to the well too often isn't a good idea. He has bigger health issues than his brother ! That said, maybe the Nuggets are monitoring his health while he practices at the Nuggets facilities....as a FAVOR to his brother

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#169 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:22 am

skywalker33 wrote:
psimanic1 wrote:I know its not a trade and i know his brother is letting him do some work in Nuggets gym, but I could actually see him on our next year roster atleast as 2 way?

Love the thought but going to the well too often isn't a good idea. He has bigger health issues than his brother ! That said, maybe the Nuggets are monitoring his health while he practices at the Nuggets facilities....as a FAVOR to his brother

Well, is he a vegan? I just don't believe very many vegans can stay healthy playing extremely physical sports. I'm a diabetic and my vegan doctor told me I need to eat more red meat just because I am a big man. But if he's even close to his brother ... hmmm ...
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#170 » by Zion Wembanyama » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:37 am

I haven't read through this thread, but how do you guys feel about acquiring Jrue Holiday? What would you give for me?
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#171 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:23 am

89Hornetsfan90 wrote:I haven't read through this thread, but how do you guys feel about acquiring Jrue Holiday? What would you give for me?

I'd love getting Holiday but Denver will have trouble matching salary plus there are a lot of untouchables.

Harris plus Barton works for me but there will be dissenters.
Harris plus Hernangomez plus Morris won't be popular, but I'd do it.
Harris plus Beasley plus Morris will be even less popular here but Denver keeps their core and is better for this year.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#172 » by TunaFish » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:36 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
89Hornetsfan90 wrote:I haven't read through this thread, but how do you guys feel about acquiring Jrue Holiday? What would you give for me?

I'd love getting Holiday but Denver will have trouble matching salary plus there are a lot of untouchables.

Harris plus Beasley plus Morris will be even less popular here but Denver keeps their core and is better for this year.

Harris plus Beasley plus Hernangomez works in the trade checker.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#173 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:55 am

TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

I'd do that one !

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#174 » by THE J0KER » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:14 pm

...The Denver Nuggets and Miami Heat are among the teams interested in Holiday with other teams expected to also emerge. The Pelicans are listening to trade calls on Holiday, but their asking price remains high on Holiday...
We should go harder to this. I guess Pells want proven players under contracts to compete for playoff already since very next season, and future assets. We (Miami too) have very late 1st round picks in the next 4+ seasons. My last offer for Jrue would be Harris+Barton+Bol. Harris and Barton are proven veterans which are on their peak ages and under contract for the next 2 seasons, and both can play on SG position which NOP needs the most with Holiday go. Bol Bol didn't have NBA debut yet, but the fact he already playing in G-League makes his value equal like middle 1st round pick right now.

I don't care if this seems like overpay for Jrue, because if this happens Denver will become instantly a legit ring contender this season for the first time in franchise history, not just a potential dark horse like today or back in Melo-Iverson time. With Holiday as a starter instead of offensively struggling Harris, and Porter jr instead of Barton, our Murray-Holiday-Porter-Millsap-Jokic starting lineup would be TOP5 (TOP3 actually) in the league, with still TOP10 (if not TOP5) bench lead by starter-level Grant and Plumlee. Another good thing about such a deal is the refreshed cap to re-sign Beasley this summer. But the biggest problem for this deal I guess is the fact that Malone is for some reason so in love with Barton game.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by The Rebel » Sat Feb 1, 2020 8:49 pm

TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

I personally would not do that for Holiday. While the idea has grown on me the fact is he is a very highly paid combo guard about to hit 30 years old with 2 more years making over $53 million. I just do not see the net gain and worry about the huge lack of depth we would have at SG after this deal with Barton playing SF.

We would be looking at a rotation of Holiday and Craig at SG and Barton/MPJ at SF with no depth hurting us badly if we get a single injury.

I would do Harris, Juancho, and then let them choose between Vanderbilt, Cancar, or Dozier.

Either way I doubt we do anything close to that, as there is still no way I can see the Kroenkes okaying the luxury tax this season with the cap projections dropping for next year.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#176 » by Maf » Sun Feb 2, 2020 12:54 am

I admit as excited I am after those two big wins I am kinda depressed too. I mean it is awesome Nuggets are deep and so many players can contribute in big way. I am sure like Monte or Beasley could start for at least ten NBA teams. At least. Grant showed me I need not to have any worries about eventually replacing Millsap as a starter next year if PM doesn't want to sign VERY reduced contract. I believe last year I checked some Juancho's stats and It showed like "if he play over 25 (or something like that) minutes he shoots 10 or even 15% better then when he just jumps for a little sting. But now you showed me even Dozier can really play?

The first thing is that when starters are healthy I will be immediately pissed off because bench gets reduced minutes. And the second is, I really start to dislike our backup starters. Like Garry... is on rollercoaster with me. Sometimes I am like he is first who needs to go, then he plays couple of games with damn good defense, hits some shots and I am like... yeah... Still good. Jamal... Will pretty much piss me off next year when his new contract is up. Like paying almost 30mills per year for this? Not worthy.

Second thing is, it is really nice to be deep team during regular season. During PO when the best teams go like almost seven deep having pretty sweet 10th, 11th,12th option doesn't mean much.

I am so happy I am NOT in position to make trades for Denver Nuggets because I would deffinitively make some really stupid trade like three players for one. And given there are like not many players on the block it would be terrible decision. Jrue is fine player. If healthy. Booker and Beal I don't believe you could get them without like really stupid overpriced offer. I don't believe Klay or CJ McCallum are available also. So I might to end up with something really stupid like going for Lavine.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
skywalker33

Post#177 » by skywalker33 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 5:57 pm

TC has a lot of assets to make a nice consolidation trade to help this team, but in the end I’m betting all we hear from Connelly is “We came close but .....”.

Really think the FO is so in love with their players that it’ll prevent a trade even at the expense of losing 1 or more to Free Agency

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#178 » by getrichordie » Mon Feb 3, 2020 12:37 am

Thunder buddy here. How interested would you guys be in a shiny Chris Paul? Premise of trade would be centered around Millsap & Paul obviously.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#179 » by The Rebel » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:26 am

getrichordie wrote:Thunder buddy here. How interested would you guys be in a shiny Chris Paul? Premise of trade would be centered around Millsap & Paul obviously.

I wouldn't be at all. I love Paul, but it was obvious how much he struggled at times off the ball, and fact is Paul is just too injury prone already with a long time left on that contract. We cannot afford to take on that deal if we are building a long term contender with Jokic, MPJ, and Murray.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#180 » by The Rebel » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:26 am

Sacremento Kings trade Bogdanovic, Bjelica, Giles, and Dedmon for Harris, Plumlee, and Vanderbilt

The Kings want to move Dedmon and are open to moving Bogdanovic who has not been happy with his role and Bjelica. They did not even pick up the option on Giles, so he is obviously not in their future plans. They had every intention of competing for the playoffs this year and have not even come close to projections and hopes, this gets them help for their biggest issues. They need an upgrade at C and need a defender in the backcourt with Heild and Fox being marginal defenders, Plumlee and Harris will help that. Vanderbilt gives them another young PF that looks like he can be a long term rotational player. While Plumlee may be expiring, he is good enough to start and I doubt we can afford him next year. Harris either for that matter.

New Orleans Pelicans trade Jrue Holiday and JJ Redick for Barton, Dedmon, Hernangomez, future 1st round pick from Denver
The Pelicans are rumored to be wanting to trade Jrue and JJ to build the team long term around Zion, a defensive C that can shoot 3s and is not paid to highly is a good start. Barton replaces some of the scoring they lose and is a good pick and roll guy with Zion, plus it seems he is a leader in the lockerroom or something so I am sure they would love to replace him.

Denver trades Harris, Barton, Plumlee, Vanderbilt, Hernangomez, and a future 1st for Bogdanovich, Bjelica, Holiday, Giles, and JJ Redick.

Denver goes all in. As much hype as the Lakers are getting, I just don’t see it. 1 injury to Lebron or Davis and they are done. The Clippers are not that impressive to me either. As much hype that the Jazz got, I really do not see it with them. The east teams are not all that scary to me either, this could be our year so why not?

I also can no longer handle watching Will Barton fold under the pressure and worry about his numbers more than the team. Harris and Juancho constantly struggling with their confidence and struggles with their changing roles are terrible as well. Plumlee’s lack of shooting kills our offense as guys cannot cut through the lane with Plumlee’s guy waiting there all the time. Vanderbilt is likely to be buried behind Grant and Bol next year, I just do not think he is ready to be a top PF and is not as talented as Bol, but he could fit with the right team next year.
We get arguably the best combo guard on the market and a former allstar and 2 time defensive team guy who can score on and off the ball. We get one of the best and most dependable 3 point shooters in the league that moves well of the ball in JJ Redick. Bjelica is a downgrade from Plumlee but is a good spot up shooter and although not as good a similar style defender as Jokic so our defense doesn’t need to change. Bogdanovic is a scorer that showed solid chemistry with Jokic in the world games and he is big enough to start at SF. This deal gives us dependable scoring with less defense but proven talent for what we need. Bogdanovic and Bjelica are both proven with the Serbian national team, Redick is known for his dependability and Holiday was the reason the Pelicans did so well in the playoffs 2 years ago. So we have guys that can and do perform with Murray so that Jokic is not carrying the load by himself half the time.

This deal takes us $5 million into the luxury tax which is under the lip so long term ramifications are minimal. Next year it gives us about $22 million under the luxury tax, but you have Bogdanovic expiring. You could us that $22 million plus a little into the tax to resign Grant and Beasley with a luxury tax MLE to sign a backup SF for MPJ. Bjelica also plays PF so that if Bol or Cancar are not performing than you can always use Bjelica at PF and not hurt the offense.

Call me crazy but I think that team can win a championship. Figure an 8 man rotation in the playoffs as Murray/Holiday/ Beasley or Morris/Bogdanovic/MPJ/ Millsap/ Grant/ Jokic with Bjelica and Craig playing spot minutes. Your defense may struggle at times as Bogdanovic is not the best defender, but overall you have guys who can play on or off the ball, guys who can run the pick and roll, and proven shooters. You also still have an ace defender in the backcourt with Craig available for the matchups we need.

Murray/ Morris/ Dozier
Holiday/ Beasley/ Craig
Bogdanovic/ MPJ/
Millsap/ Grant/ Bol/ Cancar
Jokic/ Bjelica/ Giles

TLDR: Time to go all in and trade Harris, Barton, Plumlee, Vanderbilt, Hernangomez, and a future 1st for Bogdanovich, Bjelica, Holiday, Giles, and JJ Redick.

Return to Denver Nuggets