Post#1261 » by Timmyyy » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:35 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Nuggets needs:
Backup center
Power forward
Shooting guard
Trade Barton

Possible solutions:
Chicago - Markkanen as another big - would probably take a couple of young bench players and a pick or two. He'll expect a bigger contract next year though. He'd help as a backup center and power forward.

Minnesota - Interested in bringing back Juancho? They seem to regret signing him to that deal. A couple of young players and a 1st would be an overpay but he'd help at backup forward.

Orlando - Gordon can play defense at multiple positions. He'd have to adjust his offense, but I think he could. Orlando might not want to trade him with Isaac out for the year. Gordon would be a nice fit between Jokic and Porter at power forward.
But a nice matchup is trading Barton and Harris. This would leave Denver hurting at guard, but not terribly based on how Malone's play his plethora of PGs. Isaac might be an option, and I'd like him better but he won't help this year.

Indiana - Oladipo would provide a shooting guard. His contract is expiring, so it's a gamble. The Pacers might take Barton if we included a couple of Hampton, Dozier, Bol, Nnaji and/or a pick or two. He'd help at shooting guard and we could trade Barton.

My number 1 favorite is Washington trading Beal. It's going to cost though. To match salaries it's going to take Harris & Barton along with one of the $2m bench players. Washington will also want more than one 1st and they'll probably want three but might settle for two and a swap (or two). Beal's contract is for three years and that'll put him at 30 years old when we need to consider his future.

Murray & Beal
Porter & someone
Jokic

Looks good to me.

Laughing at bringing Juancho back here, especially at “a young player and a COUPLE of 1st” just ain’t happening.

As for the rest, I’d only consider Beal but this season he added Westbrook and they’re still not better, seeming to be a talented stat-stuffer. At this point, I’d only look to trade Barton, Harris, Milsap and perhaps Facu for young prospects and picks.I wouldn’t give up the draft pick this year, I’d start playing Zeke and RJ and look to get a high lottery pick, Cade Cunningham next to Murray would be AMAZING !! But that’s just me

I can't tell if you are serious on that one. Because throwing away a year to tank in the middle of Jokic's prime would be insane. I know you are a big fan of the draft but that is a little much.

Even if we would go that route we most likely wouldn't end up with cade unless we are trading Joker and Murray and even then it would be up to the lottery balls.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using RealGM mobile app
Timmyyy
Junior
And1: 375

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#1262 » by Timmyyy » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:45 pm

Backup center
Power forward
Shooting guard
Trade Barton

Possible solutions:
Chicago - Markkanen as another big - would probably take a couple of young bench players and a pick or two. He'll expect a bigger contract next year though. He'd help as a backup center and power forward.

Minnesota - Interested in bringing back Juancho? They seem to regret signing him to that deal. A couple of young players and a 1st would be an overpay but he'd help at backup forward.

Orlando - Gordon can play defense at multiple positions. He'd have to adjust his offense, but I think he could. Orlando might not want to trade him with Isaac out for the year. Gordon would be a nice fit between Jokic and Porter at power forward.
But a nice matchup is trading Barton and Harris. This would leave Denver hurting at guard, but not terribly based on how Malone's play his plethora of PGs. Isaac might be an option, and I'd like him better but he won't help this year.

Indiana - Oladipo would provide a shooting guard. His contract is expiring, so it's a gamble. The Pacers might take Barton if we included a couple of Hampton, Dozier, Bol, Nnaji and/or a pick or two. He'd help at shooting guard and we could trade Barton.

My number 1 favorite is Washington trading Beal. It's going to cost though. To match salaries it's going to take Harris & Barton along with one of the $2m bench players. Washington will also want more than one 1st and they'll probably want three but might settle for two and a swap (or two). Beal's contract is for three years and that'll put him at 30 years old when we need to consider his future.

Murray & Beal
Porter & someone
Jokic

Looks good to me.
Don't really see backup center as a need, as we have many way more serious problems.

Aaron Gordon would be exactly the type of player we need (good defender at the pf position) and could add without giving up on our big3.

Oladipo would be risky but could be worth a thought.

The rest i don't like at all. Especially Beal. Never got the fascination of him in a Nuggets uniform. Horrible Defender, great on offense. So unless we really wanna be the worst defensive team in the league we should stay away from him.

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#1263 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:08 pm

Timmyyy wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Backup center
Power forward
Shooting guard
Trade Barton

Possible solutions:

Murray & Beal
Porter & someone
Jokic

Looks good to me.

Laughing at bringing Juancho back here, especially at “a young player and a COUPLE of 1st” just ain’t happening.

As for the rest, I’d only consider Beal but this season he added Westbrook and they’re still not better, seeming to be a talented stat-stuffer. At this point, I’d only look to trade Barton, Harris, Milsap and perhaps Facu for young prospects and picks.I wouldn’t give up the draft pick this year, I’d start playing Zeke and RJ and look to get a high lottery pick, Cade Cunningham next to Murray would be AMAZING !! But that’s just me

I can't tell if you are serious on that one. Because throwing away a year to tank in the middle of Jokic's prime would be insane. I know you are a big fan of the draft but that is a little much.

Even if we would go that route we most likely wouldn't end up with cade unless we are trading Joker and Murray and even then it would be up to the lottery balls.

Totally serious but it probably isn't the most popular opinion. Considering the rebuild of this team, we aren't going to win a title this year (or anytime soon) so it's not like tanking this year would really matter. However, getting a player like Cade or Jalen Suggs, or whatever top 5 pick we could add, feels like we're pretty good at drafting and it could put us over the top when Joker is 28, 29, 30, 31, etc. On top of that, feels like we could add a mid 15-20ish pick from moving out vets while getting RJ, Zeke, even Bol more ready for our true run at contending for a title, rather than thinking THIS team has the talent to win a championship. This bench won't support us like last years did, pretty apparent to me. Yeah, I don't like seeing another year of Jokic missing the plaoffs, but doing this could rectify the Grant debacle, get even more talent to battle the West and perhaps create a dynasty. It's not happening with this team right now, as is.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Timmyyy
Junior

Post#1264 » by Timmyyy » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:04 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Totally serious but it probably isn't the most popular opinion. Considering the rebuild of this team, we aren't going to win a title this year (or anytime soon) so it's not like tanking this year would really matter. However, getting a player like Cade or Jalen Suggs, or whatever top 5 pick we could add, feels like we're pretty good at drafting and it could put us over the top when Joker is 28, 29, 30, 31, etc. On top of that, feels like we could add a mid 15-20ish pick from moving out vets while getting RJ, Zeke, even Bol more ready for our true run at contending for a title, rather than thinking THIS team has the talent to win a championship. This bench won't support us like last years did, pretty apparent to me. Yeah, I don't like seeing another year of Jokic missing the plaoffs, but doing this could rectify the Grant debacle, get even more talent to battle the West and perhaps create a dynasty. It's not happening with this team right now, as is.

I mean, I respect everyones opinion, but since this seems a little odd to me, I will try to lay out my POV.

We have a superstar and two complimentary stars (in the making for MPJ), what we actually need to do now is start to form our roster via trades and free agency. Get better complimentary players for our stars and maybe add a star that fits in great. With that we are competitive now and in the future. And of course we still hope for internal improvement of our young guys along the way.

If we now restart drafting we aren't competitive now and may not even be in the future if we aren't able to make the step laid out in the above paragraph. We were in the WCF last year but weren't able to form our roster in way we can get the max out of our core players now a season after. If we would have been able to do that we might be able to play for a title this year or at least be in the WCFs again. If we would get Cade, a few years later we very likely will again get to that point. If we then again aren't able to build a balanced roster, then what? Tank again?

We have everything in place right now to be a contender for the next 5 years or so if Murray, MPJ and Jokic want to stay with the Nuggets. Going back now, when we are only a few trades and free agent signings away from becoming an even more serious title contender, means we will always shy back from taking that last step. And looking in the past, champs that are build trough the draft ALWAYS had to make some last moves via trade or free agency. GSW with Bogut, Iguodala and later Durant. The Spurs with basically all their supporting players during the Duncan, Ginobili and Parker era.

So in my opinion you are just postponing the essential step of building a championship roster 3 to 5 years into the future and then you have to make that step either way. And while doing that, you risk Jokic, Murray and other important guys becoming disgruntled and the Nuggets becoming uninteresting for FAs or stars we could acquire via trade.

Just to give you my perspective... :wink:
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#1265 » by Richard Miller » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:26 pm

Timmyyy wrote:I mean, I respect everyones opinion, but since this seems a little odd to me, I will try to lay out my POV.

We have a superstar and two complimentary stars (in the making for MPJ), what we actually need to do now is start to form our roster via trades and free agency. Get better complimentary players for our stars and maybe add a star that fits in great. With that we are competitive now and in the future. And of course we still hope for internal improvement of our young guys along the way.

If we now restart drafting we aren't competitive now and may not even be in the future if we aren't able to make the step laid out in the above paragraph. We were in the WCF last year but weren't able to form our roster in way we can get the max out of our core players now a season after. If we would have been able to do that we might be able to play for a title this year or at least be in the WCFs again. If we would get Cade, a few years later we very likely will again get to that point. If we then again aren't able to build a balanced roster, then what? Tank again?

Agreed, no more drafting (except for the long run), no recent title was won because they drafted someone who immediately made a huge impact, the difference makers so far were LBJ/AD, Kawhi, Durant, and so on, it's either make a core and stick with it, hope they can get better through experience or overpay to get a star FA, if you keep changing the core every year that leads usually to 1st round exit not the title.
skywalker33

Post#1266 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 12:21 am

Timmyyy wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:I can't tell if you are serious on that one. Because throwing away a year to tank in the middle of Jokic's prime would be insane. I know you are a big fan of the draft but that is a little much.

I mean, I respect everyones opinion, but since this seems a little odd to me, I will try to lay out my POV.

We have everything in place right now to be a contender for the next 5 years or so if Murray, MPJ and Jokic want to stay with the Nuggets. Going back now, when we are only a few trades and free agent signings away from becoming an even more serious title contender, means we will always shy back from taking that last step. And looking in the past, champs that are build trough the draft ALWAYS had to make some last moves via trade or free agency. GSW with Bogut, Iguodala and later Durant. The Spurs with basically all their supporting players during the Duncan, Ginobili and Parker era.

So in my opinion you are just postponing the essential step of building a championship roster 3 to 5 years into the future and then you have to make that step either way. And while doing that, you risk Jokic, Murray and other important guys becoming disgruntled and the Nuggets becoming uninteresting for FAs or stars we could acquire via trade.

Well, as I said, not a popular opinion. Timmyy and Richard, truly appreciate and respect the opinions you've brought to this forum, glad to see a few more intelligent posters around here. 8-)

Agreed, we do have our prime-time players in play, MPJ is still developing but we all (outside of a few erratic posters) believe he'll get there on the defensive end. But if you look at the few players I've selected, outside of Harris (who has his own offensive issues) really won't have an impact on this team going forward IMO. Barton's game last night showed what his impact can be, he easily cost us the game IMO. While I like Millsap, his $10M expiring can be more impactful to this team going forward, he's definitely past his prime it's why we only signed him to a 1-yr contract. Facu, as I stated in HIS thread, certainly has very limited impact on the season so far (is Malone even comfortable using him or does he know how to use him ?) but still could be a useful trade chip. I NEVER advocated trading away any of our stars yet adding a piece like Cunningham or Suggs or ?? should be a strong complementary player, those players look capable of making an impact very soon (depending on Malone of course). You make it sound like drafting a high draft pick as it was a rebuild, it feels like integrating talent into an already strong unit.

Also, if we move everyone except Harris, we'll be getting rid of salary in anticipation of resigning MPJ, then when Harris' salary comes off, we can sign that complementary veteran. It also rids on any malcontents ...**cough Barton cough **

You say we already HAVE the pieces in place yet I have to disagee, our bench needs some serious work outside of Morris. That could be handled with Bol, RJ (who should replace Harris IMO) and Zeke (who should replace Millsap) and Hartenstein. That said, Bol, RJ and Zeke are nowhere close to being ready so trading guys in front of them with that in mind (getting them PT for the future), seems prudent to me (not sure Malone would like that this year, but should feel the fire next year because of it).

I say taking a one-year step back to build that dynasty would be prudent as I don't see us winning a Ship this year with this bench, so it would be worth a risk IMO.

BTW, Welcome to this forum !!

Murray, Morris
Suggs, Hampton, Dozier,
MPJ, Greene, Hampton
Nnaji, Bol, Prkcin
Jokic, Hartenstein

seems like something that could be dangerous and cost controlled for quite a long time. As I stated, though, this is just my opinion.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#1267 » by The Rebel » Sun Jan 3, 2021 12:54 pm

Backup center
Power forward
Shooting guard
Trade Barton

Possible solutions:

Murray & Beal
Porter & someone
Jokic

Looks good to me.

I would argue that our only real needs are at PF, backup SF (once you remove Barton), and removing the selfish Barton.

Hartenstein has been good at backup C, it is not his fault Malone has limited his minutes so much to appease Barton. That is the only reasonable explanation on why we keep going small when it is pretty obvious that Barton has been a hindrance when he is on the court without Jokic and/or Murray.

despite his shooting issues Harris has been a positive player, and without his defense or a replacement than there is no chance at contending this year.

Due to those I would not do a single deal you have listed.

Markennen struggles to keep up with stretch 4s and athletic guys, so he does not solve our problem.

The Twolves are regretting Juancho's deal because he is terrible on defense, so again not solving a single one of our problems.

Gordon is overpriced for the role we need filled, while he is good on defense and you hope he can adjust his offense, last word was the Magic wanted a decent contracts and 2 1st round picks for him, which is why the Trailblazers traded for Covington instead.

Oladipo is still too ball dominate and has as bad of injury problems and problems with his shot as Harris has, I don't see the long term benefit of using young guys to make the swap.

Beal is someone I go back and forth on, but at this point I would probably pass. Our starters are not having a problem scoring, our bench is the problem, and our defense is the problem, Beal helps with neither one.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1268 » by The Rebel » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:00 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Spoiler:
Timmyyy wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Well, as I said, not a popular opinion. Timmyy and Richard, truly appreciate and respect the opinions you've brought to this forum, glad to see a few more intelligent posters around here. 8-)

Agreed, we do have our prime-time players in play, MPJ is still developing but we all (outside of a few erratic posters) believe he'll get there on the defensive end. But if you look at the few players I've selected, outside of Harris (who has his own offensive issues) really won't have an impact on this team going forward IMO. Barton's game last night showed what his impact can be, he easily cost us the game IMO. While I like Millsap, his $10M expiring can be more impactful to this team going forward, he's definitely past his prime it's why we only signed him to a 1-yr contract. Facu, as I stated in HIS thread, certainly has very limited impact on the season so far (is Malone even comfortable using him or does he know how to use him ?) but still could be a useful trade chip. I NEVER advocated trading away any of our stars yet adding a piece like Cunningham or Suggs or ?? should be a strong complementary player, those players look capable of making an impact very soon (depending on Malone of course). You make it sound like drafting a high draft pick as it was a rebuild, it feels like integrating talent into an already strong unit.

Also, if we move everyone except Harris, we'll be getting rid of salary in anticipation of resigning MPJ, then when Harris' salary comes off, we can sign that complementary veteran. It also rids on any malcontents ...**cough Barton cough **

You say we already HAVE the pieces in place yet I have to disagee, our bench needs some serious work outside of Morris. That could be handled with Bol, RJ (who should replace Harris IMO) and Zeke (who should replace Millsap) and Hartenstein. That said, Bol, RJ and Zeke are nowhere close to being ready so trading guys in front of them with that in mind (getting them PT for the future), seems prudent to me (not sure Malone would like that this year, but should feel the fire next year because of it).

I say taking a one-year step back to build that dynasty would be prudent as I don't see us winning a Ship this year with this bench, so it would be worth a risk IMO.

BTW, Welcome to this forum !!

Murray, Morris
Suggs, Hampton, Dozier,
MPJ, Greene, Hampton
Nnaji, Bol, Prkcin
Jokic, Hartenstein

seems like something that could be dangerous and cost controlled for quite a long time. As I stated, though, this is just my opinion.

I can never see Jokic, Murray, or MPJ agreeing to tank this year, meaning if you trade all the veterans than you may as well trade them because they are going to want out 1st chance they get. It will be seen as a cost saving move and not a move to win.

That being said I hate to be the one to tell you but we don't need to tank to draft anybody at this point. With the struggles at PF and from our bench we could replace Millsap and half the bench with replacement level players and actually would win considerably more than we are winning right now. Even if those guys are rookies.

I do believe that we will still make the playoffs, and I also still believe that we will do it with most of the team intact. We have been in a lot of close games that we have found ways to lose. That is with only 2 of Jokic, MPJ, and Murray playing well and of course them missing a combined 2 1/2 games, when Malone figures out how to use some of the bench guys we will be better and we will start winning some of those bad games just because of how clutch Jokic and Murray really are.

We replaced 7 guys over the offseason, that is a big change out. Our chemistry is obviously off and our defense has big problems, that comes with the changes. Especially when you have guys bitching about their roles before the season even starts and a short training camp. We will be better, a lot better when guys accept their roles and Malone figures out how to use them.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1269 » by The Rebel » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:12 pm

I saw a post yesterday on the general board calling it the disease of me, while some of his statements are off about some of the players, it is obvious that it is a big problem with our bench. You do not see any of the guards doing the little things that it takes to win. You see guys getting the ball and only looking to score because that is the only way they get the ball. A lot of iso and a lot of standing around without the ball. That is not how this team wins.

To me the issue starts with Barton, but Dozier is also playing very ball dominate and out of the offense, Morris is playing too much off the ball, and Campazzo is stuck standing in the corner on offense as nobody seems to pass him the ball. I think we need to go back to using 2 bigs, 2 guards, and either Barton or Dozier at SF until we can make a trade.

We have to wait until February 6th, but at the current rate that Siakam is going the Raptors may choose to move on from him prior to the deadline.

I wonder if the Raptors would take a deal of BArton, Millsap, Bol and 2 1st round picks for Siakam? It gives them future picks and room for a max contract next summer while getting out of Siakam's deal which is not looking like a great deal at the momeny.
Timmyyy
Junior

Post#1270 » by Timmyyy » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:56 pm

The Rebel wrote:I wonder if the Raptors would take a deal of BArton, Millsap, Bol and 2 1st round picks for Siakam? It gives them future picks and room for a max contract next summer while getting out of Siakam's deal which is not looking like a great deal at the momeny.

Siakam is a true star level player. People like to laugh about his scoring struggles last year. But in the end, in a 2nd or 3rd star type of role he is as impactful as it gets. +/- based stats are showing that a few years in a row now.

That being said that offer would not be enough, not even close, I suppose. In a Siakam trade Toronto would definitely want MPJ back. It's up to everybody to decide if that "should" be done or not. But I would say it's close to 100% that there is no deal with Toronto if the answer is no. The only really small chance is that it gets really ugly between the Raps and Siakam, and I mean reeeaally ugly. But I don't see this happening. Before that happens, he is traded for a bigger package. Not everybody makes the mistake we did with Nurk, right? :) :P

I think right now if we want to keep our big3 together the only guy that makes sense is Aaron Gordon. I know a lot of people on this board don't like him. I do not say he is the perfect solution either. But filtering for realistic guys we could get without using MPJ, Murray and Jokic and for guys that fit in nicely, AG seems to be the only guy standing. But even he might be pretty expensive to get, since Orlando appeared to have declined an offer similar to what Portland gave for Covington which included two firsts.

I don't really know what I want the FO to do, but at this point I just want a defensive minded PF (and a defensive minded SF for the bench as a second priority), while trading Barton in this process.

Barton to a third team, AG to us and prospects and/or picks to Orlando and the third team (depending on if they need and want Barton) is one of the few things I can think of that would help us a lot. But of course the prospects and/or picks part is the most interesting one value wise. And there again I'm not sure if there is a deal that makes all parties happy.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#1271 » by Manolito » Sun Jan 3, 2021 4:27 pm

I posted that already long time ago, we need a versatile defensive PF who can play SF as well while keeping our top3 core.

At that time I gave three candidates:
AGordon: my favourite but the most expensive. I don't think GHarris + 2021 FRP + 2025 FRP will be enough, specially after Isaac's and Okeke's injury.

PJ Tucker: could be get with Grant's TPE + two second round picks after Harden trade.

Thad Young: not sexy but solid vet. Barton x Young seems to be a fair trade.

I would love to.include John Collins on that group but I don't think 2FRP + one prospect is enough, he will have many suitors.

Sent from my GM1913 using RealGM mobile app
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#1272 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:47 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Spoiler:
Backup center
Power forward
Shooting guard
Trade Barton

Possible solutions:

Murray & Beal
Porter & someone
Jokic

Looks good to me.

I would argue that our only real needs are at PF, backup SF (once you remove Barton), and removing the selfish Barton.

Hartenstein has been good at backup C, it is not his fault Malone has limited his minutes so much to appease Barton. That is the only reasonable explanation on why we keep going small when it is pretty obvious that Barton has been a hindrance when he is on the court without Jokic and/or Murray.

despite his shooting issues Harris has been a positive player, and without his defense or a replacement than there is no chance at contending this year.

Markennen struggles to keep up with stretch 4s and athletic guys, so he does not solve our problem.

The Twolves are regretting Juancho's deal because he is terrible on defense, so again not solving a single one of our problems.

Gordon is overpriced for the role we need filled, while he is good on defense and you hope he can adjust his offense, last word was the Magic wanted a decent contracts and 2 1st round picks for him, which is why the Trailblazers traded for Covington instead.

Oladipo is still too ball dominate and has as bad of injury problems and problems with his shot as Harris has, I don't see the long term benefit of using young guys to make the swap.

Beal is someone I go back and forth on, but at this point I would probably pass. Our starters are not having a problem scoring, our bench is the problem, and our defense is the problem, Beal helps with neither one.

Appreciate the feedback. I wasn't exactly in favor of any of those trades myself. I just wanted to see if someone could come up with something better. I'm not as satisfied with this roster as I thought I was a few weeks ago.

As for backup center; I'm not disappointed with Hartenstein. In fact, the more I see of him, the better I like him. My concern is that an injury to Jokic or Hartenstein leaves us without a true center.

My biggest disappointment in Harris is that he isn't moving enough on offense. But I can live with him on the team, as a starter or a bench player.

Basically I agree with your assessment.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1273 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:11 am

Timmyyy wrote:
The Rebel wrote:I wonder if the Raptors would take a deal of BArton, Millsap, Bol and 2 1st round picks for Siakam? It gives them future picks and room for a max contract next summer while getting out of Siakam's deal which is not looking like a great deal at the momeny.

Siakam is a true star level player. People like to laugh about his scoring struggles last year. But in the end, in a 2nd or 3rd star type of role he is as impactful as it gets. +/- based stats are showing that a few years in a row now.

That being said that offer would not be enough, not even close, I suppose. In a Siakam trade Toronto would definitely want MPJ back. It's up to everybody to decide if that "should" be done or not. But I would say it's close to 100% that there is no deal with Toronto if the answer is no. The only really small chance is that it gets really ugly between the Raps and Siakam, and I mean reeeaally ugly. But I don't see this happening. Before that happens, he is traded for a bigger package. Not everybody makes the mistake we did with Nurk, right? :) :P

I think right now if we want to keep our big3 together the only guy that makes sense is Aaron Gordon. I know a lot of people on this board don't like him. I do not say he is the perfect solution either. But filtering for realistic guys we could get without using MPJ, Murray and Jokic and for guys that fit in nicely, AG seems to be the only guy standing. But even he might be pretty expensive to get, since Orlando appeared to have declined an offer similar to what Portland gave for Covington which included two firsts.

I don't really know what I want the FO to do, but at this point I just want a defensive minded PF (and a defensive minded SF for the bench as a second priority), while trading Barton in this process.

Barton to a third team, AG to us and prospects and/or picks to Orlando and the third team (depending on if they need and want Barton) is one of the few things I can think of that would help us a lot. But of course the prospects and/or picks part is the most interesting one value wise. And there again I'm not sure if there is a deal that makes all parties happy.

I agree with you that Siakam is a proven 3rd star, and I think most people agree with that idea. He is also in year 1 of a max deal, and has shown he is not a good number 1 guy. So while I think he is well worth his contract, I don't think he has the value you seem to think he does.

There are still some old school front offices that overrate box scores and underrate advanced stats, and from what I see and know about Hammond in Orlando he is one of them. I actually think the Magic front office is overvaluing Gordon.

In the end the Pelicans got Adams, Bledsoe, 2 1st round picks, and 2 swaps for Jrue and some low end players/expiring deals. Adams and Bledsoe are not value contracts, they are both well paid for what they bring. So it was really more about the picks and getting 2 guys that can help develop the young guys.

Davis was a true number 1, he brought back a lot more, but part of that was his value and part was the Lakers desperation.

George was a proven number 1 guy. People forget that he was the best player on 2 conference finals teams, and I think his value was boosted by Kawhi. But his package was really 1 year of a proven veteran to help the young guys with Gallo, a 2nd tier young prospect, and 5 picks.

I personally think that Ujiri has always wanted to rebuild from scratch, we know he wasn't allowed to do it here and he was trying to dump Lowry when he dumped Gay. He was trying like hell to have max contract room for next summer, and now that the big stars have re-signed this may be his best chance. His job is secure in Toronto, and he has the development staff, and Lowry is expiring. I can see him moving both Lowry and Siakam to contenders for the right deals.

To me we are offering better than Jrue brought back and worse than George or Davis. We are giving them 2 expiring deals (and if we are honest Millsap will probably take a buyout to go ring chase). Barton is good for a young team, and can take the pressure off the young guys for another season. Bol is an intriguing prospect that is cheap for the next 2 years. Also it would have to be our 2021 1st and 2025 1st round picks, which gives them an extra pick in what looks like a good draft and a lottery ticket. It will also give them max cap room for next summer so that they can trade for someone after picking up a top prospect in this draft.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1274 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:59 am

Manolito wrote:I posted that already long time ago, we need a versatile defensive PF who can play SF as well while keeping our top3 core.

At that time I gave three candidates:
AGordon: my favourite but the most expensive. I don't think GHarris + 2021 FRP + 2025 FRP will be enough, specially after Isaac's and Okeke's injury.

PJ Tucker: could be get with Grant's TPE + two second round picks after Harden trade.

Thad Young: not sexy but solid vet. Barton x Young seems to be a fair trade.

I would love to.include John Collins on that group but I don't think 2FRP + one prospect is enough, he will have many suitors.

Sent from my GM1913 using RealGM mobile app

I have been posting about need a PF for a long time, but not one of those options works.

Gordon they wanted 2 picks and a decent contract for Gordon during the offseason, Harris and 2 picks works, but Gordon is not a proven 3rd star. That is what Jrue brought back.

PJ Tucker is no better than Millsap at this point if you ask me.

Young literally has spent most of the last year on the bench, he is a bad contract. The Bulls would literally have to include a pick or prospect to get Barton for him.

2 1st round picks and a prospect is more than Jrue Holiday brought back, I think you are significantly overrating his trade value.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1275 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:25 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Spoiler:
Backup center
Power forward
Shooting guard
Trade Barton

Possible solutions:

Murray & Beal
Porter & someone
Jokic

Looks good to me.

Appreciate the feedback. I wasn't exactly in favor of any of those trades myself. I just wanted to see if someone could come up with something better. I'm not as satisfied with this roster as I thought I was a few weeks ago.

As for backup center; I'm not disappointed with Hartenstein. In fact, the more I see of him, the better I like him. My concern is that an injury to Jokic or Hartenstein leaves us without a true center.

My biggest disappointment in Harris is that he isn't moving enough on offense. But I can live with him on the team, as a starter or a bench player.

Basically I agree with your assessment.

Well I think the biggest problem is roster management from Malone.

I know last year Green spent most of his time at backup C, he had to on that team, but if you look at previous to that and at previous matchup data he actually is best at defending spread 4s and big 3s. Someone needs to show that data to Malone because Malone seems to think he is only a backup C.

Which makes me wonder if Malone and the front office came into this season fully expecting Bol to be our backup PF? If they did that was a huge mistake, Bol is obviously not ready for real minutes.

We changed out 7 guys one our bench, we brought in 4 bigs, 2 have been played, 1 has been injured. Maybe we should try the 4th? Campazzo is still trying to figure things out, Dozier looks like he can be the backup SF, Cancar looks like he is a deep bench guy, so it depends on the rookies/

I would love to see Hampton and Nnaji get minutes. It is very possible with our front office's history that both guys can play and are fine to be the backup PF and deep bench SG. That would leave our only needs at starting PF and getting rid of Barton. I think with Barton and a couple of picks we can get a good starting PF, and I think it solves our biggest issues.
king1389
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#1276 » by king1389 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:11 am

Hello to everyone, Nuggets fan from Serbia here :D

What you guys think about somebody like Terrence Ross? Could he be good back up SF/SG or 6-man guy. And what we need, beside Barton to get him?

Sorry for bad grammar :(
skywalker33

Post#1277 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:35 am

With his struggles since being traded, wonder if we could trade Barton straight up for Covington ? POR could use some bench scoring or push Jones Jr to the bench.

Maybe
POR trades Covington, Little
DEN trades Barton, Cancar

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#1278 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:49 am

king1389 wrote:Hello to everyone, Nuggets fan from Serbia here :D

What you guys think about somebody like Terrence Ross? Could he be good back up SF/SG or 6-man guy. And what we need, beside Barton to get him?

Fournier expiring and will leave Orlando this summer, so I can't see Ross is on the trade table right now. He will be a starter next season, and so far despite coming from the bench, Ross is actually already 3rd by playing time. But Orlando is known for good defensive culture, and they may be value Harris more than other teams, so maybe they will be happy to get anything for leaving Fournier. I guess this will work:

ORLANDO: Barton, Harris, DEN2021
DENVER: Fournier, Ross

This would be an improvement for this season and the 2021 playoff, but a risky deal if we do not re-sign Fournier next summer for not more than 15M per season.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1279 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:04 am

king1389 wrote:Hello to everyone, Nuggets fan from Serbia here :D

Welcome to the board, and your grammar is fine, it is a message board not school.

I think Ross and Barton are very similar in value, the issue to me is that the Magic really do not need Barton unless they move Fournier. I could see a 3 team deal working for everybody though.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1280 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:07 am

skywalker33 wrote:With his struggles since being traded, wonder if we could trade Barton straight up for Covington ? POR could use some bench scoring or push Jones Jr to the bench.

Maybe
POR trades Covington, Little
DEN trades Barton, Cancar

I think Portland is actually a good fit for Barton, and Jones Jr actually considers himself a PF, so he could still start at PF for the Blazers.

I am fine with Covington, although I doubt they would add Little, I think they are still really high on him long term.

Return to Denver Nuggets