ImageImageImage

Nuggets Trades

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#1881 » by skywalker33 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:07 pm

Reports say we inquired about Lonzo Ball this week. Not saying a trade is imminent, but I do have to wonder how he and Murray would coexist, especially after the incident where Murray clowned him while he was with the Lakers :love:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Wigginstime
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#1882 » by Wigginstime » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:26 pm

I don't see the Nuggets willing to pay Lonzo. Personally if we are willing to spend big on a guard in the off season, i'd rather pay Lowry than Lonzo. Regardless I think Denver's long term strategy is to pay Jokic/Murray/MPJ and feel out the rest of the roster with roleplayer money.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#1883 » by psimanic1 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:41 pm

Bol Bol unfollowed Nuggets on IG some say..
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#1884 » by The Rebel » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:52 pm

Wigginstime wrote:I don't see the Nuggets willing to pay Lonzo. Personally if we are willing to spend big on a guard in the off season, i'd rather pay Lowry than Lonzo. Regardless I think Denver's long term strategy is to pay Jokic/Murray/MPJ and feel out the rest of the roster with roleplayer money.

I would say it depends on what Lonzo gets, I can see keeping him at $15 million per, but much more than that I don't think they will pay him.
skywalker33

Post#1885 » by skywalker33 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:00 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Wigginstime wrote:I don't see the Nuggets willing to pay Lonzo. Personally if we are willing to spend big on a guard in the off season, i'd rather pay Lowry than Lonzo. Regardless I think Denver's long term strategy is to pay Jokic/Murray/MPJ and feel out the rest of the roster with roleplayer money.

I would say it depends on what Lonzo gets, I can see keeping him at $15 million per, but much more than that I don't think they will pay him.

Right now, my favorite trade acquisition target would be T.Ross. He's a decent defender, can score, understands his role and is under contract for a couple of years on a reasonable contract.

As for Lowry, it's reported he wants a 2-yr $50MM extension from his new team (or TOR ?). At 35yo. makes me wonder what he's smoking up there in Canada

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#1886 » by TunaFish » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:30 pm

From https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/inside-the-hornets-nest-lamelo-balls-injury-doesnt-change-what-charlotte-is-building/

The Denver Nuggets are interested in fortifying their frontcourt before postseason play. One particular player that they're interested in is Kings forward Harrison Barnes, according to Mike Singer of the Denver Post. Barnes, who has started in 40 games for Sacramento this season, has two years remaining on his current contract. In addition to Barnes, the Nuggets also have their eyes on Magic forward Aaron Gordon. Either player projects to pair well alongside MVP candidate Nikola Jokic and either would provide Denver with some additional firepower on the offensive end. The Nuggets will likely face competition when it comes to landing either player, as they're far from the only team looking to improve at the forward spot. Gordon isn't the only Magic player that the Nuggets are interested in either. Denver also inquired about Evan Fournier from Orlando, according to Joe Vardon of The Athletic. Fournier began his NBA career with the Nuggets, but he has been in Orlando since 2014. He will be an unrestricted free agent after the season.
Canned in Denver.
Wigginstime
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#1887 » by Wigginstime » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:01 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Right now, my favorite trade acquisition target would be T.Ross. He's a decent defender, can score, understands his role and is under contract for a couple of years on a reasonable contract.

As for Lowry, it's reported he wants a 2-yr $50MM extension from his new team (or TOR ?). At 35yo. makes me wonder what he's smoking up there in Canada

I wouldn't mind giving him $40M/2years and effectively replacing Harris with him. Short contracts rarely hurt teams and Denver isn't in a position to be a FA player any time soon. I would actually prefer $40M/2 years as opposed to a Lonzo deal which will be in the ball park of $80M for 4 years.
skywalker33

Post#1888 » by skywalker33 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:55 pm

HAve always hated that teams wait until the LAST day to make their trades, sellers looking for the BBD, buyers hoping for desperation. Neither show confidence IMO

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#1889 » by THE J0KER » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:10 am

I really want to see a new 30+ mpg starter (guard back to Murray or forward back to Porter). Role players are good and can be useful, but we already have enough decent role players.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1890 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:23 am

We need a bench scorer, a guy who can get his buckets at anytime. I know that Hampton has some work to do on his shot, but he has to be better than giving Campazzo and Barton all those minutes and at least he can get to the rim.

Nobody can convince me that Barton is a championship level starter, he does not have the mental toughness. He was great for a young team that needed the guy who always believed he was the best and the team was the best team on the court every night, but that time is over.

I am convinced we are a worse team than last year. Despite what national guys all like to say it has little to do with Grant and it has everything to do with Millsap's decline and Harris being out. It also is because we have no dependable scorer on the bench that Malone will use and haven't since we traded Beasley.

I know this front office loves continuity but we need some big changes. We need another good defensive forward to go with MPJ, and we need a Harris backup/replacement that can actually defend and score.

If we could pick from the guys available I would put Harrison Barnes and Lonzo ball as the best available to fill the roles. Barnes is a solid spot up shooter and an above average defender, plus he has an iso game so he can play a lot of minutes with the bench as the primary scoring option. Lonzo is great in the fast break, but he really struggles to run an offense in the halfcourt, we have compazzo and Morris for that. He is a very good defender though and can give us a lot of what we are missing without Harris.

The problem is what does it take to get them?

With Lonzo expiring and it well known that they likely are not going to pay him, I don't think it would take a lot to get him. A year form now Bol and Zion may become the next thing, with Bol basically a spot up shooter and a shotblocker with Zion's athleticism and strength it makes sense.

The Kings want someone that can help their young guys compete next year, Barton can help a young team a lot. Barton is actually a good fit in their offense as well, it makes sense for them. Especially if they can get picks. I am sure the kings would happily buyout Millsap if they got him and saved a lot of money down the road.

Things have been quiet today, but I wonder if we could do a deal like
MIllsap, Barton, Bol, a 2021 1st round pick, and a 2025 1st round pick for Barnes and Ball?

The Kings could move Heild and Barnes for Barton, Bledsoe, Millsap, the 2021 Nuggets 1st round pick, and the 2025 Nuggets 1st round pick..

Saves them a ton of money, gets them some good veterans, and a solid future pick to go with an extra one this year.

The Pelicans would trade Ball and Bledsoe for Bol and Heild,

The Pelicans take back a bad contract on Heild but dump a worse contract in Bledsoe while improving their outside shooting and getting a young prospect.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1891 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:25 am

Wigginstime wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:I would say it depends on what Lonzo gets, I can see keeping him at $15 million per, but much more than that I don't think they will pay him.

I wouldn't mind giving him $40M/2years and effectively replacing Harris with him. Short contracts rarely hurt teams and Denver isn't in a position to be a FA player any time soon. I would actually prefer $40M/2 years as opposed to a Lonzo deal which will be in the ball park of $80M for 4 years.

If you can get Ball cheap enough than even if you sign and trade him for a 2nd next summer, if you keep Hampton that gives you the rest of this season and this summer to get Hampton's shot fixed.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1892 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:08 am

Read on Twitter

Reporting the offer is Harris, one of Bol, Hampton, NNaji, and a 1st for Gordon. Not as terrible as the rumors have been, but that still seems like a lot for Gordon.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#1893 » by slicedbread2 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:19 am

The Rebel wrote:We need a bench scorer, a guy who can get his buckets at anytime. I know that Hampton has some work to do on his shot, but he has to be better than giving Campazzo and Barton all those minutes and at least he can get to the rim.

Nobody can convince me that Barton is a championship level starter, he does not have the mental toughness. He was great for a young team that needed the guy who always believed he was the best and the team was the best team on the court every night, but that time is over.

I am convinced we are a worse team than last year. Despite what national guys all like to say it has little to do with Grant and it has everything to do with Millsap's decline and Harris being out. It also is because we have no dependable scorer on the bench that Malone will use and haven't since we traded Beasley.

I know this front office loves continuity but we need some big changes. We need another good defensive forward to go with MPJ, and we need a Harris backup/replacement that can actually defend and score.

If we could pick from the guys available I would put Harrison Barnes and Lonzo ball as the best available to fill the roles. Barnes is a solid spot up shooter and an above average defender, plus he has an iso game so he can play a lot of minutes with the bench as the primary scoring option. Lonzo is great in the fast break, but he really struggles to run an offense in the halfcourt, we have compazzo and Morris for that. He is a very good defender though and can give us a lot of what we are missing without Harris.

With Lonzo expiring and it well known that they likely are not going to pay him, I don't think it would take a lot to get him. A year form now Bol and Zion may become the next thing, with Bol basically a spot up shooter and a shotblocker with Zion's athleticism and strength it makes sense.

The Kings want someone that can help their young guys compete next year, Barton can help a young team a lot. Barton is actually a good fit in their offense as well, it makes sense for them. Especially if they can get picks. I am sure the kings would happily buyout Millsap if they got him and saved a lot of money down the road.

MIllsap, Barton, Bol, a 2021 1st round pick, and a 2025 1st round pick for Barnes and Ball?

The Kings could move Heild and Barnes for Barton, Bledsoe, Millsap, the 2021 Nuggets 1st round pick, and the 2025 Nuggets 1st round pick..

Saves them a ton of money, gets them some good veterans, and a solid future pick to go with an extra one this year.

The Pelicans take back a bad contract on Heild but dump a worse contract in Bledsoe while improving their outside shooting and getting a young prospect.

Well I actually tried the trade machine to see how it went and it'd have to go something like this in order for it to be legal:

NOLA: Will Barton, Buddy Hield, Bol Bol
Sacramento: Paul Millsap, Eric Bledsoe, J.J. Redick, One of the Nuggets young guys like Cancar, multiple 1sts
Denver: Lonzo Ball, Harrison Barnes

That's the only deal that'd make sense from a CBA standpoint. I could see them keeping Cancar and moving out one of Nnaji/Hampton to get under the tax but I think the Nuggets would be fine with the tax provided they are willing to do so. Maybe deal Campazzo instead? b/c one of Cancar/Nnaji/Campazzo/Hampton would have to go to make this deal legal. The only concern at that point would be what it'd take to retain Ball while knowing that you'd have to deal with his numb skull Dad.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1894 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:25 am

slicedbread2 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:We need a bench scorer, a guy who can get his buckets at anytime. I know that Hampton has some work to do on his shot, but he has to be better than giving Campazzo and Barton all those minutes and at least he can get to the rim.

Well I actually tried the trade machine to see how it went and it'd have to go something like this in order for it to be legal:

Sacramento: Paul Millsap, Eric Bledsoe, J.J. Redick, One of the Nuggets young guys like Cancar, multiple 1sts

That's the only deal that'd make sense from a CBA standpoint. I could see them keeping Cancar and moving out one of Nnaji/Hampton to get under the tax but I think the Nuggets would be fine with the tax provided they are willing to do so. Maybe deal Campazzo instead? b/c one of Cancar/Nnaji/Campazzo/Hampton would have to go to make this deal legal. The only concern at that point would be what it'd take to retain Ball while knowing that you'd have to deal with his numb skull Dad.

If you tried the ESPN trade machine than it is off, it has Millsap making 1000 to $10 m this year, the realgm tradechecker says it works. (if you do not know the professional version of the trade checker is sold to NBA teams).

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7422806
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#1895 » by slicedbread2 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:30 am

The Rebel wrote:
slicedbread2 wrote:

If you tried the ESPN trade machine than it is off, it has Millsap making 1000 to $10 m this year, the realgm tradechecker says it works. (if you do not know the professional version of the trade checker is sold to NBA teams).

I used the trade machine from tradenba.com. I'll check it out.

https://tradenba.com/trade-machine

Either way I checked out the proposal. It works pretty well. The only concern would be is how much it'd take to get Lonzo to resign here knowing that his Dad and his soundbites will be apart of the package. As a player I really like what he brings. It'd be really odd that NOLA would wanna move him to dump Bledsoe/Adams. Griffin made a dumb move in letting go of George Hill and not moving Bledsoe while extending Adams without waiting to see if he'd be a good fit next to Zion.

I'd be all for it.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1896 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:41 am

slicedbread2 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
slicedbread2 wrote:

I used the trade machine from tradenba.com. I'll check it out.

https://tradenba.com/trade-machine

Either way I checked out the proposal. It works pretty well. The only concern would be is how much it'd take to get Lonzo to resign here knowing that his Dad and his soundbites will be apart of the package. As a player I really like what he brings. It'd be really odd that NOLA would wanna move him to dump Bledsoe/Adams. Griffin made a dumb move in letting go of George Hill and not moving Bledsoe while extending Adams without waiting to see if he'd be a good fit next to Zion.

I'd be all for it.

I don't care if you are only getting Ball for this season and during the summer you sign and trade him for a pick. Having his defense to split time with Harris with Dozier backing up Barnes and you have a very solid rotation at SG/SF which is by far our biggest need. Worry about next year next year, when you can either develop Hampton to replace Harris or find another option through the MLE.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#1897 » by DaFan334 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:02 am

Rebel, it doesn't look like your deal works as we take on too much salary. That said, you could remove Milsap and replace him with Gary Harris, but at that point, I think Sacramento doesn't have that much incentive to make the deal. After playing around with it a bit, I came up with this variation that I think works pretty well actually.

Pelicans trade Bledsoe, Ball and a 2nd for Barton and Milsap(Bought out)
This is a money-saving move for them as they use Ball to move on from Bledsoe's deal. They get out of Bledsoe's deal and save at least 4.1 Million this year. They could potentially also move Barton elsewhere for a pick or a prospect.

Kings trade Barnes for Harris, Bol, and a 2nd.
The Kings get out of the last year of Barnes deal, while getting an interesting prospect and a veteran leader.

Nuggets trade Barton, Harris, Milsap, and Bol for Ball, Barnes, and Bledsoe.

OK, so this leaves the Nuggets in rough cap space in a couple of years if they give Ball money, but they do save their draft picks to use to help that in the upcoming years. It's also not my money, so I don't really care, although we stay under the cap this year. The team gets 3 versatile defenders and have a shot to make a run this year with this lineup.

Ball/Morris/Campazzo
Murray/Bledsoe/Hampton
Barnes/Dozier/Cancar
MPJ/Green/Nnaji
Jokic/Hartenstein/Nnaji

Bledsoe is probably where I will hear the most gripes on this, but he is still a tough defender who can play the 2 and might somewhat replace what we had in Harris. Ball I think could be an excellent fit actually. He doesn't need the ball in his hands but is a good playmaker when it is and is a lengthy and tall defender. He might be exactly what they need next to Murray in the backcourt.

Side note, this could be broken down into two separate trades, but I think the Nuggets would need to do both in order for it to really work out.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#1898 » by psimanic1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:45 am

Looks like we are in lead for Gordon with Harris, Bol, 1st..tbh, I think Barnes would cost more than that and I think if thats the deal, you add Barton+ for Ross/Evan and get atleast 1 really usable SG/SF with Gordon..
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1899 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:45 pm

DaFan334 wrote:Rebel, it doesn't look like your deal works as we take on too much salary. That said, you could remove Milsap and replace him with Gary Harris, but at that point, I think Sacramento doesn't have that much incentive to make the deal. After playing around with it a bit, I came up with this variation that I think works pretty well actually.

Pelicans trade Bledsoe, Ball and a 2nd for Barton and Milsap(Bought out)
This is a money-saving move for them as they use Ball to move on from Bledsoe's deal. They get out of Bledsoe's deal and save at least 4.1 Million this year. They could potentially also move Barton elsewhere for a pick or a prospect.

Kings trade Barnes for Harris, Bol, and a 2nd.
The Kings get out of the last year of Barnes deal, while getting an interesting prospect and a veteran leader.

Nuggets trade Barton, Harris, Milsap, and Bol for Ball, Barnes, and Bledsoe.

OK, so this leaves the Nuggets in rough cap space in a couple of years if they give Ball money, but they do save their draft picks to use to help that in the upcoming years. It's also not my money, so I don't really care, although we stay under the cap this year. The team gets 3 versatile defenders and have a shot to make a run this year with this lineup.

Ball/Morris/Campazzo
Murray/Bledsoe/Hampton
Barnes/Dozier/Cancar
MPJ/Green/Nnaji
Jokic/Hartenstein/Nnaji

Bledsoe is probably where I will hear the most gripes on this, but he is still a tough defender who can play the 2 and might somewhat replace what we had in Harris. Ball I think could be an excellent fit actually. He doesn't need the ball in his hands but is a good playmaker when it is and is a lengthy and tall defender. He might be exactly what they need next to Murray in the backcourt.

Side note, this could be broken down into two separate trades, but I think the Nuggets would need to do both in order for it to really work out.

The deal works according to the trade checker on here, you know the one that professional teams pay to use the scaled up version? I literally posted a link to it in my post above, that tradenba is a cheap knockoff that has had plenty of issues and ESPNs trade machine doesn't even have Millsap's correct salary.

Adding Harris for Bledsoe makes the deal an easy no for me. I would rather have Harris 50 games a season and in the playoffs than Bledsoe for 82 games and the playoffs.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1900 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:05 pm

I hope this isn't all we do.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Denver Nuggets