Nuggets Trades

Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#1901 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:18 pm

The Rebel wrote:The deal works according to the trade checker on here, you know the one that professional teams pay to use the scaled up version? I literally posted a link to it in my post above, that tradenba is a cheap knockoff that has had plenty of issues and ESPNs trade machine doesn't even have Millsap's correct salary.

I find the RealGM trade checker takes a little getting used to and a little bit to understand (at least for me); but it is easily the most accurate.

I find ESPN's trade checker to be easier to use as a general guideline and it's usually accurate.

There are other trade checkers that I have looked at and mostly rejected for various reasons. TradeNBA is my favorite of those but it seems lacking in intelligence. For example; when you have a two-team trade going, you still have to designate which team a player is going to. It's not a terrible trade checker, just not very smooth.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#1902 » by Coeur » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:19 pm

This is maybe the first time on this board that nearly everyone sees this as a time a trade is needed. And it sure seems something is going to happen.

We know that the group belief here was that there was absolutely no way that trading Gary Harris, Bart, and millsap 2 years ago was something the Nugs should do. There was a ton of positive trade value in that group 2 years ago and I’m not saying now that we were wrong on this board then. It doesn’t need to be said now does it?

The Nugs went from one of the very deepest rosters in the league with “too many” options to now needing to make moves to fill holes. Was holding on to Gary Harris a year and a half too long worth it? Was it worth having to let Beasley go? Was it worth now possibly having to give up Nnaji, hampton, bolbol, or picks now?

I can only speak for myself- I think this is the third time I have been absolutely certain that a specific trade should happen.

* AG for almost whatever it takes, and that bogdan bogdanovic on top of that would make the the Nugs an actual title contender

* Gary Harris and Barton for Brandon Clarke, Wiggins, and saric: was considered a horrible idea for the Nugs around here. Beasley wasn’t good enough to clear a path for. Wiggins would have hurt the team more than Clarke couldve helped

* the trade I got exactly my way on? I was the biggest Bargnani to the Nugs trade proponent there was. Bargnani to the Nugs alongside Carmelo was going to make the Nugs a true title contender. If they made that trade nothing but great things were coming for the Nugs.

No way to be sure of anything other than the past. And that it’s exciting to wonder what will happen. I know I wish to see how Hampton and even Bolbol turn out in this league before seeing them traded. And I REALLY DONT want to see Nnaji traded today.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1903 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:21 pm

The Rebel wrote:I hope this isn't all we do.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Well, it would improve our defense - probably not as much as many might think. Since Jokic plays 36 mpg. Unless Malone plans to use Jokic as a forward. But then McGee allows defenders to sag off and close the paint down, which reduces Jokic's effectiveness.

I don't object to McGee and actually like him. I'd prefer he was our third center: Jokic, young center, veteran center - just in case of injury to Jokic. Then again, injury to Jokic would still be a major problem; so I guess three centers isn't so important.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1904 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Coeur wrote:
Spoiler:
This is maybe the first time on this board that nearly everyone sees this as a time a trade is needed. And it sure seems something is going to happen.

We know that the group belief here was that there was absolutely no way that trading Gary Harris, Bart, and millsap 2 years ago was something the Nugs should do. There was a ton of positive trade value in that group 2 years ago and I’m not saying now that we were wrong on this board then. It doesn’t need to be said now does it?

The Nugs went from one of the very deepest rosters in the league with “too many” options to now needing to make moves to fill holes. Was holding on to Gary Harris a year and a half too long worth it? Was it worth having to let Beasley go? Was it worth now possibly having to give up Nnaji, hampton, bolbol, or picks now?

I can only speak for myself- I think this is the third time I have been absolutely certain that a specific trade should happen.

* AG for almost whatever it takes, and that bogdan bogdanovic on top of that would make the the Nugs an actual title contender

* Gary Harris and Barton for Brandon Clarke, Wiggins, and saric: was considered a horrible idea for the Nugs around here. Beasley wasn’t good enough to clear a path for. Wiggins would have hurt the team more than Clarke couldve helped

* the trade I got exactly my way on? I was the biggest Bargnani to the Nugs trade proponent there was. Bargnani to the Nugs alongside Carmelo was going to make the Nugs a true title contender. If they made that trade nothing but great things were coming for the Nugs.

No way to be sure of anything other than the past. And that it’s exciting to wonder what will happen. I know I wish to see how Hampton and even Bolbol turn out in this league before seeing them traded. And I REALLY DONT want to see Nnaji traded today.

Of course I don't agree with your entire post, but there's some logic in much of it. I guess I'm too old-school and too small-market aware to buy into the modern motif of constantly looking for big names and never being satisfied and so forth.

Small market teams just can't compete when it comes to big names and salary cap doesn't fix that problem - but it helps.

Media and sponsorships and advertising is the biggest money for the biggest names. That doesn't come in small markets and very, very few athletes every get major money from national advertising.

I'm a patient old man and willing to wait and see if the Nuggets can build a championship team primarily through the draft, with a few minor trades along the way.

Where I do agree with you right now is that I think the Nuggets have enough potential that trading for one significant player could take us to the NBA Finals. Who that player is, could be difficult. But in my opinion, it should be a solid defender at either wing slot. I would also hate trading certain players but I would refuse to trade Jokic, Murray, Porter and almost refuse to trade Nnaji.

But that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#1905 » by Manolito » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:45 pm

Two second round picks for a expiring 34 yo who will play 10 minutes un Play off and can't stay on the court together with your franchise player.

Rim protection is clearly a need, but there are other higher priorities and these picks should have been used to sweet other deals

Sent from my GM1913 using RealGM mobile app
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#1906 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Looks like the Magic are blowing things up.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,168

Post#1907 » by Mickey8 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:13 pm

Denver needs perimeter defenders or players who can score , fire power off the bench .
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#1908 » by THE J0KER » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:27 pm

Denver needs a new guard starter (in pair with Murray) OR/AND new forward starter (in pair with Porter) so no doubt the first thing our FO will do is to get a... backup center :lol: :lol: :lol:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#1909 » by THE J0KER » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:30 pm

In trade talks with the Denver Nuggets, the Magic would prefer Will Barton over Gary Harris in a potential Aaron Gordon deal, league sources told HoopsHype. Barton has a $14.6 million player option for next season while Harris is owed a guaranteed $20.9 million. Orlando also has interest in rookie guard RJ Hampton while Denver is reluctant to trade Bol Bol as part of the trade package for Gordon.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1910 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Seems cheap for Fournier, but then cap space is valuable.
KKP
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#1911 » by KKP » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:44 pm

Furnie is what you need, good on the ball dictates the tempo and thus narrows the last frame of your perimeter role players, and thus frees them from creations where they are limited. Jokic does not tighten the line so well by pressing
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#1912 » by skywalker33 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:51 pm

KKP wrote:Furnie is what you need, good on the ball dictates the tempo and thus narrows the last frame of your perimeter role players, and thus frees them from creations where they are limited. Jokic does not tighten the line so well by pressing

What we need is defense on the perimeter, something Fournier (I'm presuming that's who Furnie is :roll: ) doesn't do
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#1913 » by Manolito » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:53 pm

I find pretty weird that BOS is trading for Fournier and Gordon is not included in the deal. I would say that means BOS is not interested in him anymore.

if that is the case, Gordon is between DEN or POR. It would be great to get Ross as well, as ORL seems to blow everything up
skywalker33

Post#1914 » by skywalker33 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:54 pm

A bit underwhelmed with the McGee trade but it does help with rim protection. Days not over yet, just hope we keep out talent here. Does feel like one too many 2nds for McGee, thought he would be cut by CLE.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1915 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:54 pm

KKP wrote:Furnie is what you need, good on the ball dictates the tempo and thus narrows the last frame of your perimeter role players, and thus frees them from creations where they are limited. Jokic does not tighten the line so well by pressing

What? We could use Fournier as a bench scorer but he is not good enough to take the ball out of Jokic or Murray's hands.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1916 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:03 pm

Manolito wrote:I find pretty weird that BOS is trading for Fournier and Gordon is not included in the deal. I would say that means BOS is not interested in him anymore.

if that is the case, Gordon is between DEN or POR. It would be great to get Ross as well, as ORL seems to blow everything up

Aldridge is reporting the Blazers are out, and Smith is saying the Celtics and Magic are talking about expanding the Fournier deal. I trust Aldridge, not so sure on Smith.
skywalker33

Post#1917 » by skywalker33 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:24 pm

HAve to think if ORL gives away Fournier for 2 2nd's, perhaps their asking price for Gordon has gone down as well. They can now afford to take on Harris' salary and perhaps a future draft pick while giving AG and one of those 2nds....:wink:

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1918 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:28 pm

Twitter is going crazy saying we are getting Gordon and that Barton is being redirected to 3rd team.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#1919 » by THE J0KER » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:29 pm

skywalker33 wrote:HAve to think if ORL gives away Fournier for 2 2nd's, perhaps their asking price for Gordon has gone down as well. They can now afford to take on Harris' salary and perhaps a future draft pick while giving AG and one of those 2nds....:wink:
Fournier is an expiring player, unlike Gordon.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1920 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:31 pm

Read on Twitter
damn, 3 guys I wanted during the off-season being traded for each other.

Return to Denver Nuggets