ImageImageImage

Nuggets Trades

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

psimanic1
Starter
And1: 956

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#2001 » by psimanic1 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:30 am

I could see our 2ways getting contract or being cut and we find some others that could replace Barton in a year if he opts in. Maybe some guys from europe, australia, who knows
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 4,656

Post#2002 » by skywalker33 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:13 pm

Manolito wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Where are you getting your figures?

From what I can see if Barton and Green do not opt in, renounce the exceptions, and we decline the team options and cut the non-guaranteed deals than the most cap space we would have is just over $10 million in cap space. More than likely if Green and Barton opt in than we will have a little over $9 million under the luxury tax.

If Barton does not opt in and Green does opt in (which is what I expect) than we will have about $23 million under the luxury tax, with the full MLE and the Grant TPE to fill up the roster.

Rebel, here's where I got my figures, can't report to the accuracy but they seem close

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/denver-nuggets-team-salary/

I looked at the $99M and did some extrapolating based on this years Salary Cap and Luxury Tax numbers, estimating numbers will go up after the COVID year. I don't see us re-upping with Millsap or Clark, but could think about resigning McGee . Hoping Nnaji can replace Millsap's production, Dozier should be brought back, perhaps Cancar too. Whittington and Howard ( not sure I see either of these really) could fill in on minimums. This may also be the year Bol's coming out party, if he doesn't produce next year, meet next year's trade bait.

Do you know how salary cap works? These figures are correct, 99M$ if both Barton & Jamychal opt out, but as Rebel says that means around 10M$ cap space not 30MM$ as you mentioned (salary cap is set at 112M$ in 2021/22).

I am expecting Jamychal for sure to opt in, and for Barton I am not that sure he is leaving, he is already 30, had a couple of serious injuries and he is not moving the needle in a contender. I don´t see anybody offering him more than a three years contract. I guess it fully depends on his play off performance.

I don´t think Richardson is gettable with MLE and I don´t think Hardaway is what we need. Ross was a perfect fit but I guess having guaranteed money for 2022-23 season prevented FO from trading for him.

I like Reddish as a prospect but I don´t think ATL gives up so early on him. He is part of the Trae x Luka trade and getting rid of Reddish means they are accepting they screwed it big.

Yes, Mano, I DO know how the cap works and I am quite good with math, thanks for asking. While the Cap is at $112M, did you ever think we might go into the Luxury tax area ? That should be in the $140M area, which would give us around $30M potentially, surprised you didn't get that.

Funny you think Green will opt in, I get the vibe he may feel he's not being used properly as his PT may be reduced with the acquisition of Gordon and the development of Nnaji. As for Barton, most guys his age are looking for that last big contract. The question is, where will he get it ? I don't see a lot of teams lining up for his services but in this NBA, I have seen stranger deals, right?

Richardson, eh, I'm not enamoured with him, think he could be a good replacement defender for Harris, we will need more help defending the perimeter but all-in-all feels like he's having a down year in DAL, steady decline since his peak MIA days.

Reddish is more of a SF to me, can't say I know a lot about him beyond his Duke days but feel we're pretty set at SF, he could be a wing to bring in should either Green or Barton bolt.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
Manolito
Junior
And1: 280

Post#2003 » by Manolito » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:24 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Manolito wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Rebel, here's where I got my figures, can't report to the accuracy but they seem close

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/denver-nuggets-team-salary/

I looked at the $99M and did some extrapolating based on this years Salary Cap and Luxury Tax numbers, estimating numbers will go up after the COVID year. I don't see us re-upping with Millsap or Clark, but could think about resigning McGee . Hoping Nnaji can replace Millsap's production, Dozier should be brought back, perhaps Cancar too. Whittington and Howard ( not sure I see either of these really) could fill in on minimums. This may also be the year Bol's coming out party, if he doesn't produce next year, meet next year's trade bait.

Do you know how salary cap works? These figures are correct, 99M$ if both Barton & Jamychal opt out, but as Rebel says that means around 10M$ cap space not 30MM$ as you mentioned (salary cap is set at 112M$ in 2021/22).

I am expecting Jamychal for sure to opt in, and for Barton I am not that sure he is leaving, he is already 30, had a couple of serious injuries and he is not moving the needle in a contender. I don´t see anybody offering him more than a three years contract. I guess it fully depends on his play off performance.

I don´t think Richardson is gettable with MLE and I don´t think Hardaway is what we need. Ross was a perfect fit but I guess having guaranteed money for 2022-23 season prevented FO from trading for him.

I like Reddish as a prospect but I don´t think ATL gives up so early on him. He is part of the Trae x Luka trade and getting rid of Reddish means they are accepting they screwed it big.

Yes, Mano, I DO know how the cap works and I am quite good with math, thanks for asking. While the Cap is at $112M, did you ever think we might go into the Luxury tax area ? That should be in the $140M area, which would give us around $30M potentially, surprised you didn't get that.

Then I am surprised as well. How do you spend up to luxury tax once you exceeded your cap room? It is only allowed using exceptions (such MLE or Grant´s TPE) or renewing own players with Bird rights. If a team exceeds salary cap, they can not offer any deal to a Free Agent.

Continuing with Barton issue, only MLE is available if he opts out and I think that market is really slim. Danny Green, Avery Bradley...good backups but not starters quality in a contender IMHO. I think Monte shall be moved to the starting lineup (ideally this season already...)

Return to Denver Nuggets