Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#221 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 6, 2020 2:01 am

Read on Twitter

I wanted to see Iguodala in Denver THIS playoff only, but I wouldn't pay this two-season extended price for 36 old.

On the other hand, I would fight for Gallinari, and then re-sign 2+1 deal this summer (about 60/3).
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#222 » by The Rebel » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:12 am

TunaFish wrote:I have just seen a rumor that Denver plans to package Harris and the Houston first for a guard. It wasn't specifically about Holliday and it seems NO plans to keep him. Could there be another guard out there that interests Denver?

That depends on the guard but that would make sense if they can get it done, but they won't get **** done and we all know it.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#223 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:40 am

The Rebel wrote:
TunaFish wrote:I have just seen a rumor that Denver plans to package Harris and the Houston first for a guard. It wasn't specifically about Holliday and it seems NO plans to keep him. Could there be another guard out there that interests Denver?

That depends on the guard but that would make sense if they can get it done, but they won't get **** done and we all know it.

Did you expect them to do this trade ???? I sure didn't see it coming.......
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#224 » by The Rebel » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:54 am

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

A trade to get worse? Well since the Nurkic trade I prepare myself for a bad trade every deadline, so kind of.
skywalker33

Post#225 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:30 am

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

A trade to get worse? Well since the Nurkic trade I prepare myself for a bad trade every deadline, so kind of.

Glad you can see the future, were you the guy who won the Power Ball last week ??? Didn't think so.

You may be right that we're worse, but it was reported both Juancho and Beasley asked for more PT or be traded, so the FO obliged with their player-friendly intent. Beasley already turned down a $10M a year, so trading him seems the best move IMO, we got a 1st for him, right now set at 22 but could be better looking at the moves the Rockets are making.

And honestly, other than his relationship with Jokic (which at worst just became long-distance), he did nothing to justify more mins on this team so moving his was to his advantage.

Lastly, I really liked Vandy's potential here but again he wasn't getting mins and rumors of a poor work ethic were rumbling so he was replaced with KBD, nothing more than a lateral move IMO

Hard to evaluate Vonlah (a present-time backup C/PF), Green (hurt until APR) and Napier (??) as anything more than expirings for two guys we weren't going to resign or that would continue to work the pine, again seems lateral at best. Add in a 1st and it's a minor plus depending on where that HOU pick ends up IMO

I'll wait to see what turns up before projecting what happens with this team who btw, just beat their current divisional rival w/o all these players in UTH for the 1st time in 9 games, something to take not of.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#226 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:30 am

If Gary Harris trying to sabotage eventual trade where he is involved, he doing a great job in that direction before trade deadline, shooting 2-22 in February. :o
skywalker33

Post#227 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:35 am

THE J0KER wrote:If Gary Harris trying to sabotage eventual trade where he is involved, he doing a great job in that direction before trade deadline, shooting 2-22 in February. :o

Does seem to be playing worse as the deadline approaches, didn't this happen last year too ?? Perhaps he doesn't deal with trade rumors well...

yungmasaiah
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#228 » by yungmasaiah » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:55 am

Trade MPJ/Grant/Plumlee to Toronto for Ibaka/ RHJ / 2020 2nd /2022 2nd

Murray/Barton/RHJ/Ibaka/Jokic

Instant boost on perimeter defense from RHJ and instant boost on offense and rim protection from Ibaka. Murray p&r game with Ibaka and Jokic would be nasty.
skywalker33

Post#229 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:58 am

yungmasaiah wrote:Trade MPJ/Grant/Plumlee to Toronto for Ibaka/ RHJ / 2020 2nd /2022 2nd

Instant boost on perimeter defense from RHJ and instant boost on offense and rim protection from Ibaka. Murray p&r game with Ibaka and Jokic would be nasty.

Better chance of you being able to blow yourself than this happening.....

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#230 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:00 am

yungmasaiah wrote:Trade MPJ/Grant/Plumlee to Toronto for Ibaka/ RHJ / 2020 2nd /2022 2nd

Every eventual trade with Toronto in which is MPJ involved must include Pascal Siakam.
yungmasaiah
Sophomore

Post#231 » by yungmasaiah » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:01 am

skywalker33 wrote:

I mean it still has a better chance of falling threw than Denver making it past the second round :lol: :lol:
skywalker33

Post#232 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:56 am

yungmasaiah wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

I mean it still has a better chance of falling threw than Denver making it past the second round :lol: :lol:

Judging by your spelling failure (you figure it out), I'll just consider the source/fandom and let you walk away with whatever dignity you think you have. No need to troll here, your idea is too TOR-weighted to be considered anything but a troll.

yungmasaiah
Sophomore

Post#233 » by yungmasaiah » Thu Feb 6, 2020 7:16 am

skywalker33 wrote:
yungmasaiah wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Judging by your spelling failure (you figure it out), I'll just consider the source/fandom and let you walk away with whatever dignity you think you have. No need to troll here, your idea is too TOR-weighted to be considered anything but a troll.

1. This is a basketball forum not a spelling bee.
2. ** Youhr team is trhhaaaaashh nd u will never whin a chaaampionshhhhhhipppp. **

Thankfully you can't read past the smallest "spelling failure", so you won't be able to read my second point :lol: :lol:
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#234 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:20 pm

yungmasaiah wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
yungmasaiah wrote:

1. This is a basketball forum not a spelling bee.
2. ** Youhr team is trhhaaaaashh nd u will never whin a chaaampionshhhhhhipppp. **

Thankfully you can't read past the smallest "spelling failure", so you won't be able to read my second point :lol: :lol:

Okay, you brought a ridiculous post and didn't like the response. I'd call that trolling. Stop now and if you decide to visit here, please be a little more reasonable. Thank you.

Nuggets regulars, please do not encourage this type of poster with negative responses.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#235 » by Powder Blue » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:13 pm

I saw on the altitude broadcast last night that the HOU pick is a 2021 1st, that downgrades the trade to me. I guess we're going to wait around for the GSW, LAL, LAC to all fortify their rosters before we make a run :/
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#236 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:47 pm

Powder Blue wrote:I saw on the altitude broadcast last night that the HOU pick is a 2021 1st, that downgrades the trade to me. I guess we're going to wait around for the GSW, LAL, LAC to all fortify their rosters before we make a run :/

No, it is 2020 first... but for what we need that late first pick anyway? It makes sense to me only if we use it to make another deal today, but just about 2 hours are left before the deadline, so I'm more and more nervous.

Right now Houston pick is #23, and here is a list of #23 picks in this century:
Spoiler:
2019 Darius Bazley, Princeton High School (OH) – Oklahoma City Thunder
2018 Aaron Holiday, UCLA – Indiana Pacers
2017 OG Anunoby, Indiana – Toronto Raptors
2016 Ante Zizic, Croatia – Boston Celtics
2015 Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Arizona – Portland Trail Blazers
2014 Rodney Hood, Duke – Utah Jazz
2013 Solomon Hill, Arizona – Indiana Pacers
2012 John Jenkins, Vanderbilt – Atlanta Hawks
2011 Nikola Mirotic, Montenegro – Houston Rockets
2010 Trevor Booker, Clemson University – Minnesota Timberwolves
2009 Omri Casspi, Israel – Sacramento Kings
2008 Kosta Koufos, Ohio State – Utah Jazz
2007 Wilson Chandler, DePaul – New York Knicks
2006 Josh Boone, Connecticut – New Jersey Nets
2005 Francisco Garcia, Louisville – Sacramento Kings
2004 Sergei Monia, CSKA Moscow (Russia) – Portland Trail Blazers
2003 Travis Outlaw, Starkville HS (Miss.) – Portland Trail Blazers
2002 Tayshaun Prince, Kentucky – Detroit Pistons
2001 Brandon Armstrong, Pepperdine – Houston Rockets
2000 DeShawn Stevenson, Washington Union HS (Calif.) – Utah Jazz

We should be lucky if we find someone as good as Beasley, and he will be barely useful for the playoff team before 2023. We should trade this pick in the next two hours and forget that we ever owned it.
skywalker33

Post#237 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:34 pm

TC and the front office have excelled at working the draft and as I have suggested, HOU may not be as good now as at the end of the season, they're now very weak in the middle with little rebounding. Right now they're just 1.5 from the 17th spot which would be a big change from the 23rd spot.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#238 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 6, 2020 7:41 pm

Read on Twitter
skywalker33

Post#239 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 7:54 pm

Head scratcher here, McRae doesn't add anything more than a bit more scoring. Guess it does save us another $200K off the salary cap but no draft picks, nothing significant IMO.

Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#240 » by Manolito » Thu Feb 6, 2020 8:43 pm

Good move, McRae is a good 3pt shooter (38%) and theoretically his D is good.

We flipped Juancho + Beasley x KBD + MCRae and that HOU FRP which could be valuable if Houston's model collapses, which might be possible.

The time to move Harris + Beasley + Juancho was last Summer, but at this point Connelly got a good return

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app

Return to Denver Nuggets