ImageImageImage

Nuggets Trades

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#261 » by skywalker33 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:26 pm

Manolito wrote:I don't want the Rockets to fall down from 5th seed. We are going to be most likely 2nd or 3rd and a pick 19 instead of 22 does not compensate facing the Rockets in the first round.

Regarding Beasley, IMHO it was not him or Harris, It was him or Barton. He would have probably signed something close to 40Mx3 and that is exactly Barton's contract

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app

Looking back at several of the games between the Rockets and the Nuggets, the impact that Capela had was huge, everybody wants to credit Harden for his scoring (rightfully so). But without the inside scoring and rebounding that is now VERY apparent, I feel much more confident that the Rockets aren't the team to be feared as before
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#262 » by The Rebel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:45 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Manolito wrote:I don't want the Rockets to fall down from 5th seed. We are going to be most likely 2nd or 3rd and a pick 19 instead of 22 does not compensate facing the Rockets in the first round.

Regarding Beasley, IMHO it was not him or Harris, It was him or Barton. He would have probably signed something close to 40Mx3 and that is exactly Barton's contract

Looking back at several of the games between the Rockets and the Nuggets, the impact that Capela had was huge, everybody wants to credit Harden for his scoring (rightfully so). But without the inside scoring and rebounding that is now VERY apparent, I feel much more confident that the Rockets aren't the team to be feared as before

I agree, our biggest issue with the Rockets has always been that Capela was just too fast and could get to the Rim before the rotations could make it there. If someone cheated off their man than we left a 3 point shooter open who would then kill us. I personally think that they are not going to do all that well to finish the season and will be out in the 1st round this year.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 389

Post#263 » by Manolito » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:10 pm

I also think Rockets are way less dangerous without Capela, but I still would rather playing against Dallas or OKC than against Houston. It is a no brainer IMO

Simply to improve one or two positions Houston's pick does not worth it.

Manolito
Senior

Post#264 » by Manolito » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:43 pm

According to Michael Scotto from Bleacher Report, we were trying to trade for Lavine including Gary Harris + Beasley + Juancho.

I don't love the idea because if his poor D and the primary ball handler role is already assign to Jokic and Murray (add MPJ into the mix), but truth to be said he is in a very friendly contracy

skywalker33

Post#265 » by skywalker33 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:21 pm

Manolito wrote:I also think Rockets are way less dangerous without Capela, but I still would rather playing against Dallas or OKC than against Houston. It is a no brainer IMO

Simply to improve one or two positions Houston's pick does not worth it.

I'll avoid DAL with Doncic anytime, not the strongest team but they seem like this year's SAS

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Post#266 » by THE J0KER » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:24 am

Manolito wrote:According to Michael Scotto from Bleacher Report, we were trying to trade for Lavine including Gary Harris + Beasley + Juancho.

I don't love the idea because if his poor D and the primary ball handler role is already assign to Jokic and Murray (add MPJ into the mix), but truth to be said he is in a very friendly contracy

Glad to hear if this is true that our FO at least tried to do something serious in this trade-deadline about starting lineup SG improvement for playoff purposes. LaVine would be notable backcourt improvement. But no surprise Bulls reject this offer, Harris ruined his value, and Beasley and Juancho are expiring.

Talking about Houston, it is ridiculous to write-off them after just 3 games. Yes, they lose two of them, but in first they played without one of their two stars, in 2nd they lose by last-second 3pt boozer, and game which they won was actually against WC#1 Lakers. Also, their FO is famous to make deals from nowhere, so if they for example buyout Tristian Thompson from Cavs, they will be clearly better team with Covington and TT instead of Capela.
Manolito
Senior

Post#267 » by Manolito » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:28 am

It has been reported that Magic had been trying to move Aaron Gordon at the deadline and Nuggets had some interest on him. I think he could be a good piece to add next summer, specially considering Nuggets have to beat LeBron - Davis & Kawhi - PG. He might be an insurance for Michael Porter jr and a lineup him and Grant would be elite in defense.

Barton + salary filler (KBD?) x Gordon would be a great deal. Gordon still have two years in a friendly contract
skywalker33

Post#268 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:46 pm

Manolito wrote:It has been reported that Magic had been trying to move Aaron Gordon at the deadline and Nuggets had some interest on him. I think he could be a good piece to add next summer, specially considering Nuggets have to beat LeBron - Davis & Kawhi - PG. He might be an insurance for Michael Porter jr and a lineup him and Grant would be elite in defense.

Barton + salary filler (KBD?) x Gordon would be a great deal. Gordon still have two years in a friendly contract

I've never thought of AG ans above average in defense, always seen him more of a scoring forward. I see KBD as more of a defender than AG.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#269 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:53 pm

Maybe we should use on draft night Barton (or Harris?) and late HOU 1st pick to get late lottery #13-#14 pick? In the middle of 1st round several great players was chosen lately (Giannis, Kawhi, Porter jr,, Mitchell, Adebayo, Booker...) while not so much when we talking about 20+ late first.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#270 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:15 am

THE J0KER wrote:Maybe we should use on draft night Barton (or Harris?) and late HOU 1st pick to get late lottery #13-#14 pick? In the middle of 1st round several great players was chosen lately (Giannis, Kawhi, Porter jr,, Mitchell, Adebayo, Booker...) while not so much when we talking about 20+ late first.
I don't mind us trading up in the draft to get a young talent, even if it includes partner Harris in the trade.

but I think it should be one of those draft night trades where we know that a player we really want is available.

We already have plenty of young talent, what we need is the right combination of players.

With that said, I sure hope nobody asked me who the right combination is. LOL

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#271 » by THE J0KER » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:28 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Maybe we should use on draft night Barton (or Harris?) and late HOU 1st pick to get late lottery #13-#14 pick? In the middle of 1st round several great players was chosen lately (Giannis, Kawhi, Porter jr,, Mitchell, Adebayo, Booker...) while not so much when we talking about 20+ late first.
I don't mind us trading up in the draft to get a young talent, even if it includes partner Harris in the trade.

but I think it should be one of those draft night trades where we know that a player we really want is available.

We already have plenty of young talent, what we need is the right combination of players.

With that said, I sure hope nobody asked me who the right combination is. LOL

Look at that gamble from the positive side, even if we do not steal some notable talent. Losing Barton would force Malone to put MPJ 30+ mpg as a starter, while losing Harris would force our FO to make some bold move to get another star guard.
skywalker33

Post#272 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:48 pm

I like the IDEA, but I'm not truly sure this is the right draft trade up ! While there are a few (Wiseman, Edwards or Avdija) prospects I like (do we have the ammo to get that high ?), the 2021 draft looks to be FILLED to star/superstar prospects !! And As was noted, we really don't NEED to get younger this year, but adding a potential superstar next year to a strong core entering it's prime would be phenomenal.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#273 » by The Rebel » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:24 pm

Manolito wrote:According to Michael Scotto from Bleacher Report, we were trying to trade for Lavine including Gary Harris + Beasley + Juancho.

Am I the only one that is pissed off about this rumor? Especially with Beasley putting up 23/6/2.5 on 60% TS% and Juancho playing solid as well as starters for the Timberwolves.

Maybe there were things in the lockerroom that we are not privy too, but there is absolutely no reason that We should have been talking about a guy like Lavine when Beasley sitting right there buried on the bench. I don't know whether it is all on the front office or if it is on Malone, but the fact is Beasley is a more effective scorer and better defender than Lavine, yet we were willing to give up more to get Lavine? Hell Lavine is making $19 million a year, so they can not even complain about the money Beasley will likely get.

I really do not understand this front office or coaching staff. It is obvious that Barton is not a good decision maker especially at the end of games, for whatever reason Harris has totally forgotten how to score, Craig in a banner year for him is almost an average scorer in the league this year, yet Juancho and Beasley have been buried at the end of the bench having their minutes and roles jerked around until they lost confidence and were worthless.

This was the year to go all in and grab a great player, move guys like Plumlee, Barton, and 1 or 2 of the young guys for a real upgrade. Instead we give 2 guys who are arguably the best 2 players starting on a division rival for downgrades and a late 1st round pick in a bad draft. Fact is Barton and Plumlee were both major reasons why we struggled in the playoffs last year, yet they have never had their role questioned. I question whether this team will ever make the move to contender with the way they kiss ass and refuse to move losing players for the upgrades we need. IT is time that Stan looks at the way his son is running this team and figure out that being the nicest team in the league is not going to win any championships. If they are satisfied with what this team is now, than they should look at what happened in 2010 when our last franchise player got tired of them being cheap and refusing to pay the money and make the moves to make us contenders back then. 2 years ago this team was stacked with great young talent that should ahve been cashed out for stars or developed to replace our veterans, now I cannot help but feel like they **** blew it again.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#274 » by The Rebel » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:32 pm

skywalker33 wrote:

I like the IDEA, but I'm not truly sure this is the right draft trade up ! While there are a few (Wiseman, Edwards or Avdija) prospects I like (do we have the ammo to get that high ?), the 2021 draft looks to be FILLED to star/superstar prospects !! And As was noted, we really don't NEED to get younger this year, but adding a potential superstar next year to a strong core entering it's prime would be phenomenal.

I think you could get higher than 13 for Barton and the Rockets pick, but I personally do not see any reason to trade for a pick. We need to move Harris and with the season he is having it may cost that pick just to get a somewhat useful expiring at this point.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#275 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:48 pm

The Rebel wrote:

Am I the only one that is pissed off about this rumor? Especially with Beasley putting up 23/6/2.5 on 60% TS% and Juancho playing solid as well as starters for the Timberwolves.

Maybe there were things in the lockerroom that we are not privy too, but there is absolutely no reason that We should have been talking about a guy like Lavine when Beasley sitting right there buried on the bench. I don't know whether it is all on the front office or if it is on Malone, but the fact is Beasley is a more effective scorer and better defender than Lavine, yet we were willing to give up more to get Lavine? Hell Lavine is making $19 million a year, so they can not even complain about the money Beasley will likely get.

I really do not understand this front office or coaching staff. It is obvious that Barton is not a good decision maker especially at the end of games, for whatever reason Harris has totally forgotten how to score, Craig in a banner year for him is almost an average scorer in the league this year, yet Juancho and Beasley have been buried at the end of the bench having their minutes and roles jerked around until they lost confidence and were worthless.

This was the year to go all in and grab a great player, move guys like Plumlee, Barton, and 1 or 2 of the young guys for a real upgrade. Instead we give 2 guys who are arguably the best 2 players starting on a division rival for downgrades and a late 1st round pick in a bad draft. Fact is Barton and Plumlee were both major reasons why we struggled in the playoffs last year, yet they have never had their role questioned. I question whether this team will ever make the move to contender with the way they kiss ass and refuse to move losing players for the upgrades we need. IT is time that Stan looks at the way his son is running this team and figure out that being the nicest team in the league is not going to win any championships. If they are satisfied with what this team is now, than they should look at what happened in 2010 when our last franchise player got tired of them being cheap and refusing to pay the money and make the moves to make us contenders back then. 2 years ago this team was stacked with great young talent that should ahve been cashed out for stars or developed to replace our veterans, now I cannot help but feel like they **** blew it again.

Nope, you aren't the only one thinking like this.

Clearly our front office either loves Malone or has no control over him. Clearly Malone only plays the players he likes. We almost gave away Hernangomez & Beasley and they are looking like quality rotation players now. Malone apparently isn't going to play the players we traded for, so why make the trade? Oh, wait, that's right, it didn't matter because we traded players Malone wouldn't play for players Malone won't play. <sigh>

I've seldom agreed with Coeur's trade targets but I do agree with his philosophy. And I'll take it one step forward, we might as well trade every player Malone won't give more than 15 mpg to and I surely wish the front office would trade a couple of his favorites.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#276 » by THE J0KER » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:21 am

The Rebel wrote:

I agree with everything you said here, except that part about (near all-star) LaVine value.

I think LaVine is worth that price on trade deadline day because we already lost Beasley at that point for re-signing, and because the current Malik monster 23-6-3 numbers in Minnesota are partly the product of small sample and KAT injury too. But Beasley big efficiency will stay, he is that good already last season in Denver, and while I think Beasley is still not better than LaVine, he would be an already better player than Harris or Barton this season if we just accepted his 40/3 target to re-sign instead of Malone blacklisted him killing his trade value. Juancho was in September TOP3 player of FIBA World Cup champion, but he is blacklisted too and his trade value already in December was near zero. Emanuel Mudiay get chance but not used it, Willson Chandler too, Trey Lyles too, but they are just not good enough... but in cases of under-23 old Jusuf Nurkic, Malik Beasley, Juancho, we talking about obviously very talented young players which never get fair chances in Denver for different reasons, which is not the end of the world if Malone didn't kill their trade value. That is unforgettable, and we can see now Harris value disappearing fast, while I'm afraid will Grant wants to stay at all this summer. And I don't want even to think about what can happen at some point if Malone continues to play with a fire trashing MPJ week after week. Nuggets are already blessed for having the only NBA superstar with zero "ego" in Jokic, otherwise, break and bad blood was risked with the franchise player thanks to Malone. I realize that this summer when Jokic as the world's best center accepted the status of backup forward in the Serbian national team, so all these "strange" things he suffers from Malone in the past are back to my memory. That said, I like how Malone started to treat Murray since ASG break in Jamal rookie season, so I want to believe Malone will start to use that model now towards Porter.

Now back on subject, potential trades in upcoming summer. In modern NBA trades are a more important thing than ever. Lakers, Clippers, Rockets, Jazz, Mavs, Memphis... all Western playoff teams except Nuggets and Oklahoma make some blockbuster trade in the past 12 months to make their teams significantly better, and Oklahoma is technically not better, but have better future thanks to two big trades. Only Nuggets doing nothing or even worse, use trades to make the team worse!? For big goals, Nuggets have Jokic and Murray, and MPJ is the real deal, so we need to add just one another extraordinary (let say TOP50) player!

For example:
Jrue Holiday, JJ Reddick for Harris, Barton, Bol Bol, and HOU-20
Zach LaVine for Harris, Barton, HOU-20, DEN-22
Buddy Hield (until 2024!) for Harris, Barton, Bol Bol, HOU-20, DEN-22
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#277 » by Mac1958 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:38 pm

I'm wishing the Nugs had traded Harris and not Beasley.
skywalker33

Post#278 » by skywalker33 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 3:39 am

So what kind of trade value do the following players have ?

Gary Harris
Will Barton
Monte Morris

Manolito
Senior

Post#279 » by Manolito » Mon Mar 2, 2020 3:44 pm

I guess It is better to wait until the end of the season and see play off performance before evaluating any player value.

BTW, I love to bring Harry Giles here next season. Kings declined his option and he will be FA. I think he would be a great cheap backup for Jokic

mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#280 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 2:54 pm

Mac1958 wrote:I'm wishing the Nugs had traded Harris and not Beasley.

Wolves fans would have been happy with that considering most of us didn't even know who Beasley was. But now seeing him in a larger sample size, we are very happy with the trade. Hard to see him buried on your bench.
Pretty sure we are going to have to fend off offers this summer, but hard to see us not matching.

How are the opinions of others about losing him?
Link to thread? Thx.

Return to Denver Nuggets