ImageImageImage

Nuggets Trades

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

User avatar
psimanic1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,810
And1: 787
Joined: Jul 14, 2014

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#501 » by psimanic1 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 8:43 pm

We need Steve Hess back, he will put confidence in all of our players and then some, if he cant i dont know who can xD
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,516
And1: 6,974
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#502 » by The Rebel » Fri Oct 9, 2020 2:07 am

psimanic1 wrote:We need Steve Hess back, he will put confidence in all of our players and then some, if he cant i dont know who can xD

Hess is a physical trainer and while he is very excitable, he is not the guy to fix head issues.

Dallas hired one in 2010, and they won a championship soon after. I have heard several other teams have them, including the Warriors and Lakers. If we have 1 he should be replaced, because we have way to many guys that get down on themselves way too much, and several guys seem to have had confidence issues over the years.
User avatar
stoo
Pro Prospect
Posts: 840
And1: 589
Joined: Jun 11, 2018
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#503 » by stoo » Fri Oct 9, 2020 2:41 am

I also expect quite a surprise with some our signing or trade, positive mostly... like adding the asset to the trade that we like, from our or other team's side
NuggetsKingsMavericksWarriorsGrizzlies
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,685
And1: 4,036
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#504 » by skywalker33 » Fri Oct 9, 2020 3:00 am

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Nugget calling up the Sixer trying to purchase one of their draft picks, they have 21, 34, 36, 49 and 58 in this years draft. They are also already at $142MM on the cap and will be looking to get some fast cash to pay the Tax. Not sure they'd want #21, 49 or 58 but we could get a decent young player in the early 2nd or a nice draft-n-stash (perhaps Bolmaro would make someone happy on this board ). Some names like Reed, Nnaji, Stanley even Cole Anthony has been rumored to fall. Opportunity for some cheap talent possibilities for cash.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,516
And1: 6,974
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#505 » by The Rebel » Fri Oct 9, 2020 3:17 am

skywalker33 wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see the Nugget calling up the Sixer trying to purchase one of their draft picks, they have 21, 34, 36, 49 and 58 in this years draft. They are also already at $142MM on the cap and will be looking to get some fast cash to pay the Tax. Not sure they'd want #21, 49 or 58 but we could get a decent young player in the early 2nd or a nice draft-n-stash (perhaps Bolmaro would make someone happy on this board ). Some names like Reed, Nnaji, Stanley even Cole Anthony has been rumored to fall. Opportunity for some cheap talent possibilities for cash.


I wouldn't mind trading back to the 34 and 36 or even 34 and 49. Use them to draft a couple of guys you think are a year or two away. If 1 works out we have a cheap player coming in a year from now and could be with us for 3 years at a low salary.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,516
And1: 6,974
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#506 » by The Rebel » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:11 pm

What if we can move Harris and help facilitate the 76ers getting shooting?

The Kings trade Heild, Barnes, Bjelica and get back Tobias Harris, Gary Harris, and 22nd overall

Gary if he gets his shot back is the perfect fit next to Fox as a guy who can defend and hit open shots, T Harris is what they really need as a guy who can create his own shot in the front court. The pick can help add young talent to the team.

76ers trade T Harris, Josh Richardson, Thybulle, 34th & 58th overall picks and get back Heild, Barnes, and Morris

The 76ers use the 2nds and Thybulle to move off of Harris's deal and get shooters that they desperately need, all 3 will result in their offense actually having room for their stars to actually work together.

Nuggets trade Gary Harris, Monte Morris. and the 22nd overall for Richardson, Thybulle, and Bjelica, 34th & 58th overall picks

We downgrade Harris for a guy who I think is the perfect fit long term at SG in Thybulle, Richardson is a good fit with Barton and Dozier off the bench. Bjelica is a solid 3rd big that can shoot and defend well at the Center position.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,188
And1: 3,398
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#507 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:22 pm

The Rebel wrote:What if we can move Harris and help facilitate the 76ers getting shooting?

The Kings trade Heild, Barnes, Bjelica and get back Tobias Harris, Gary Harris, and 22nd overall

Gary if he gets his shot back is the perfect fit next to Fox as a guy who can defend and hit open shots, T Harris is what they really need as a guy who can create his own shot in the front court. The pick can help add young talent to the team.

76ers trade T Harris, Josh Richardson, Thybulle, 34th & 58th overall picks and get back Heild, Barnes, and Morris

The 76ers use the 2nds and Thybulle to move off of Harris's deal and get shooters that they desperately need, all 3 will result in their offense actually having room for their stars to actually work together.

Nuggets trade Gary Harris, Monte Morris. and the 22nd overall for Richardson, Thybulle, and Bjelica, 34th & 58th overall picks

We downgrade Harris for a guy who I think is the perfect fit long term at SG in Thybulle, Richardson is a good fit with Barton and Dozier off the bench. Bjelica is a solid 3rd big that can shoot and defend well at the Center position.

Yeah, okay, I'm thinking "no way" but then I look at this a little closer.

This looks nice with Fox and their young bigs. Trading Heild makes Bogdanovic the clear SF with Gary Harris off the bench at SG and even if he struggles a little, I think they'd love his game. It just might fit better in Sacramento on the offensive end. Tobias Harris brings some attitude and experience that I think the Kings could use. He doesn't really replace Barnes' offense, but they don't need that now. He fits nicely and trading Bjelica frees up some PT for some young bigs.

I think the fit is nice for the 76ers - quite nice in fact. Morris at PG, Heild at SG, Barnes at SF; looks pretty nice with Embiid in the center.

I'm not sold on Thybulle but it's a good gamble that stands a solid chance of becoming a solid starter. As Rebel says, "Richardson is a good fit with Barton and Dozier off the bench."

I could get behind this deal.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,287
And1: 5,367
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#508 » by THE J0KER » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:46 pm

The Rebel wrote:What if we can move Harris and help facilitate the 76ers getting shooting?

The Kings trade Heild, Barnes, Bjelica and get back Tobias Harris, Gary Harris, and 22nd overall

Gary if he gets his shot back is the perfect fit next to Fox as a guy who can defend and hit open shots, T Harris is what they really need as a guy who can create his own shot in the front court. The pick can help add young talent to the team.

76ers trade T Harris, Josh Richardson, Thybulle, 34th & 58th overall picks and get back Heild, Barnes, and Morris

The 76ers use the 2nds and Thybulle to move off of Harris's deal and get shooters that they desperately need, all 3 will result in their offense actually having room for their stars to actually work together.

Nuggets trade Gary Harris, Monte Morris. and the 22nd overall for Richardson, Thybulle, and Bjelica, 34th & 58th overall picks

We downgrade Harris for a guy who I think is the perfect fit long term at SG in Thybulle, Richardson is a good fit with Barton and Dozier off the bench. Bjelica is a solid 3rd big that can shoot and defend well at the Center position.
The trade is a disaster for Sixers, but if we switch Tobias Harris with Al Horford, it can work for all three teams!
User avatar
stoo
Pro Prospect
Posts: 840
And1: 589
Joined: Jun 11, 2018
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#509 » by stoo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:52 am

I just saw Nurk's dad photo in purple and gold suit. Nurk signed with Klutch. I have a feeling that we will have to go thru AD and Nurk next season. We need big bodies, especially next to Joker, a specificity of our build
NuggetsKingsMavericksWarriorsGrizzlies
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,685
And1: 4,036
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#510 » by skywalker33 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:53 am

stoo wrote:I just saw Nurk's dad photo in purple and gold suit. Nurk signed with Klutch. I have a feeling that we will have to go thru AD and Nurk next season. We need big bodies, especially next to Joker, a specificity of our build


Nurk is signed thru 2022 and I don't see the Lakers having any cap room after AD resigns there...unless LBJ retires.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
stoo
Pro Prospect
Posts: 840
And1: 589
Joined: Jun 11, 2018
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#511 » by stoo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:13 am

skywalker33 wrote:
stoo wrote:I just saw Nurk's dad photo in purple and gold suit. Nurk signed with Klutch. I have a feeling that we will have to go thru AD and Nurk next season. We need big bodies, especially next to Joker, a specificity of our build


Nurk is signed thru 2022 and I don't see the Lakers having any cap room after AD resigns there...unless LBJ retires.


I can see them executing some silly trade, something like when Paul Gasol was traded to LA
NuggetsKingsMavericksWarriorsGrizzlies
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,188
And1: 3,398
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#512 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:37 am

THE J0KER wrote:
The Rebel wrote:What if we can move Harris and help facilitate the 76ers getting shooting?

The Kings trade Heild, Barnes, Bjelica and get back Tobias Harris, Gary Harris, and 22nd overall

Gary if he gets his shot back is the perfect fit next to Fox as a guy who can defend and hit open shots, T Harris is what they really need as a guy who can create his own shot in the front court. The pick can help add young talent to the team.

76ers trade T Harris, Josh Richardson, Thybulle, 34th & 58th overall picks and get back Heild, Barnes, and Morris

The 76ers use the 2nds and Thybulle to move off of Harris's deal and get shooters that they desperately need, all 3 will result in their offense actually having room for their stars to actually work together.

Nuggets trade Gary Harris, Monte Morris. and the 22nd overall for Richardson, Thybulle, and Bjelica, 34th & 58th overall picks

We downgrade Harris for a guy who I think is the perfect fit long term at SG in Thybulle, Richardson is a good fit with Barton and Dozier off the bench. Bjelica is a solid 3rd big that can shoot and defend well at the Center position.
The trade is a disaster for Sixers, but if we switch Tobias Harris with Al Horford, it can work for all three teams!

The Sixers would like that change, but I'm not sure the Kings would like it. But maybe if a couple of 2nds were added ...
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,516
And1: 6,974
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#513 » by The Rebel » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:08 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
The Rebel wrote:What if we can move Harris and help facilitate the 76ers getting shooting?

The Kings trade Heild, Barnes, Bjelica and get back Tobias Harris, Gary Harris, and 22nd overall

Gary if he gets his shot back is the perfect fit next to Fox as a guy who can defend and hit open shots, T Harris is what they really need as a guy who can create his own shot in the front court. The pick can help add young talent to the team.

76ers trade T Harris, Josh Richardson, Thybulle, 34th & 58th overall picks and get back Heild, Barnes, and Morris

The 76ers use the 2nds and Thybulle to move off of Harris's deal and get shooters that they desperately need, all 3 will result in their offense actually having room for their stars to actually work together.

Nuggets trade Gary Harris, Monte Morris. and the 22nd overall for Richardson, Thybulle, and Bjelica, 34th & 58th overall picks

We downgrade Harris for a guy who I think is the perfect fit long term at SG in Thybulle, Richardson is a good fit with Barton and Dozier off the bench. Bjelica is a solid 3rd big that can shoot and defend well at the Center position.
The trade is a disaster for Sixers, but if we switch Tobias Harris with Al Horford, it can work for all three teams!


I think you are dramatically underestimating how bad T. Harris's deal is, he is getting paid basically $150 million over the next 4 years to put up 19.6 and 6.9 on average efficiency. He is the worst contract they have (Horford played well without Embiid on the court and put up very similar numbers to what he had in Boston without Embiid on the court), and if you read the trade board and the 76ers board it does not take long to figure out they would be thrilled to get real value out of dumping him. There are several posts of them wanting to get Heild for Harris but not being able to figure out PG and SF in that scenario.

As for Horford he is a bad fit for what the Kings are trying to do, so they will take Heild elsewhere and the 76ers will be in the same situation they are in now.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,516
And1: 6,974
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#514 » by The Rebel » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:17 pm

stoo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
stoo wrote:I just saw Nurk's dad photo in purple and gold suit. Nurk signed with Klutch. I have a feeling that we will have to go thru AD and Nurk next season. We need big bodies, especially next to Joker, a specificity of our build


Nurk is signed thru 2022 and I don't see the Lakers having any cap room after AD resigns there...unless LBJ retires.


I can see them executing some silly trade, something like when Paul Gasol was traded to LA


The problem is that the Lakers have even less assets than they did when they trade for Pau. They traded a guy they had just drafted in the 1st round, a guy half way through the European season where he was winning the MVP, 2 1st round picks, and expiring deals.

The Lakers have no draft and stash guys, the 1st future 1st they have is in 2027, their best young talent on the team is Kuzma, they really have nothing to entice a team to trade a quality player. I am sure the Trailblazers would rather keep Nurkic for the next 2 years and lose him for nothing than to trade him for Kyle Kuzma and a 1st that will be used long after the current front office has been fired.
User avatar
stoo
Pro Prospect
Posts: 840
And1: 589
Joined: Jun 11, 2018
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#515 » by stoo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:48 pm

The Rebel wrote:
stoo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Nurk is signed thru 2022 and I don't see the Lakers having any cap room after AD resigns there...unless LBJ retires.


I can see them executing some silly trade, something like when Paul Gasol was traded to LA


The problem is that the Lakers have even less assets than they did when they trade for Pau. They traded a guy they had just drafted in the 1st round, a guy half way through the European season where he was winning the MVP, 2 1st round picks, and expiring deals.

The Lakers have no draft and stash guys, the 1st future 1st they have is in 2027, their best young talent on the team is Kuzma, they really have nothing to entice a team to trade a quality player. I am sure the Trailblazers would rather keep Nurkic for the next 2 years and lose him for nothing than to trade him for Kyle Kuzma and a 1st that will be used long after the current front office has been fired.


Still, we will definitely acquire some quality big body
NuggetsKingsMavericksWarriorsGrizzlies
User avatar
youngthegiant
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,727
And1: 4,328
Joined: Aug 31, 2011
     

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#516 » by youngthegiant » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:01 pm

I'm starting to lean for Denver to become the Spurs 2.0. Don't trade all your young players for one aging player and fill your needs through the draft and free agency. If there's a no brainer (trading a 1st rd pick for Jerami Grant), you do it....but other than that keep the talent coming through. If someone doesn't buy in (Malik Beasley) then ship them out. You have 2 star players and potentially a 3rd(MPJ). Don't let the media tell you only have a 2 year window. Turn it into a 10 year one.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,685
And1: 4,036
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#517 » by skywalker33 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:50 pm

youngthegiant wrote:I'm starting to lean for Denver to become the Spurs 2.0. Don't trade all your young players for one aging player and fill your needs through the draft and free agency. If there's a no brainer (trading a 1st rd pick for Jerami Grant), you do it....but other than that keep the talent coming through. If someone doesn't buy in (Malik Beasley) then ship them out. You have 2 star players and potentially a 3rd(MPJ). Don't let the media tell you only have a 2 year window. Turn it into a 10 year one.


Well remember, San Antonio got the #1 overall draft picks TWICE, landing unquestionable HOF talents in David Robinson and Tim Duncan, even adding a #3 overall in Sean Elliott. We have had some success with our drafting but not quite that much. I agree we need to continue to build smartly, not making (any more) stupid trades and keeping the chemistry that has been the success of this team much as the Spurs did.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,516
And1: 6,974
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#518 » by The Rebel » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:23 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
youngthegiant wrote:I'm starting to lean for Denver to become the Spurs 2.0. Don't trade all your young players for one aging player and fill your needs through the draft and free agency. If there's a no brainer (trading a 1st rd pick for Jerami Grant), you do it....but other than that keep the talent coming through. If someone doesn't buy in (Malik Beasley) then ship them out. You have 2 star players and potentially a 3rd(MPJ). Don't let the media tell you only have a 2 year window. Turn it into a 10 year one.


Well remember, San Antonio got the #1 overall draft picks TWICE, landing unquestionable HOF talents in David Robinson and Tim Duncan, even adding a #3 overall in Sean Elliott. We have had some success with our drafting but not quite that much. I agree we need to continue to build smartly, not making (any more) stupid trades and keeping the chemistry that has been the success of this team much as the Spurs did.


Well to be fair we have our 3 potential stars and the Spurs did develop Manu and Parker down the line.

Youngthegiant started this conversation on the general board, and in many ways I agree with him. Now is not the time to make panic trades or try to trade for the big names.

Personally I think we go back to the road that got us here. For the 1st half of Connelly's time in Denver we would develop young guys behind our starters and when the young guys are ready to take over we move the veterans for younger players and picks. We also traded guys who were obviously not long term fits asap. About the time we got Millsap we stopped doing that and instead benched the veterans until they had no value or let them walk in free agency. I prefer we go back to what we did early.

To me the guys who are in that position are Barton who lost his starting job to MPJ and Morris with his contract expiring next year and Dozier showing he is ready for minutes. I am okay with trading Harris as it seems that he has lost his confidence and we could make Barton a starter at SG until we find someone else, but overall I would prefer we trade Barton and Morris for a defensive big and a solid young SG/SF who has proven to be ready for minutes and still has room to improve.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,516
And1: 6,974
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#519 » by The Rebel » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:52 am

Portland Trail Blazers Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Will Barton
44th overall pick

Outgoing Players
Rodney Hood
Zach Collins
16th overall pick

The Trailblazers desperately need a 4th guy, a guy who can capably play SF and can defend and spot up. It would be admitting the screwed up trading Barton, but I can see it working for them. Hood tore his achilles in December, he will likely miss a lot of next season, and I am not sure he will be anywhere close to as valuable going forward. Even Trailblazer fans are starting to admit that Collins is likely always going to be a backup big. They pick up a starter that local fans still seem to love for a backup big and a 1st round pick while dumping a bad salary, seems like a good deal to me.

Chicago Bulls Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Monte Morris
Rodney Hood
21st overall pick

Outgoing Players
Tomas Satoransky
Chandler Hutchison
Daniel Gafford
44th overall pick

The Bulls move from the 2nd round to the 1st, get a young PG that they desperately need, and dump a year off of Satoransky's deal by giving up Gafford and Hutchison. 2 guys that do not have high enough ceilings to be building blocks or take minutes from higher ceiling guys.


Denver Nuggets Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Zach Collins
Tomas Satoransky
Chandler Hutchison
Daniel Gafford
16th overall pick


Outgoing Players
Will Barton
Monte Morris
21st overall pick

Barton and Morris are both quality starters in this league, and a lot of teams need them as a 4th or 5th guy. We load up on young role players that are good enough to be in a quality rotation and maybe with development may work into starting quality. Collins is not going to be a star, but he has a solid mid range shot, is a shot blocker, and most importantly he likes to play rough and physical, exactly what we need out of a backup big. Hutchison is a good defender and solid spot up shooter, even playing injured half the season last year he was a clear upgrade on Craig and could still develop into a starting quality guy. Gafford is more of a hustle guy, he will likely never be a starter, but he is a guy every good team needs. Moving up from 21st to 16th should give us a better selection of the higher upside guys. The downside is taking back Satoransky, he is way overpaid but he still makes a very good 5th guard. A guy you can use when someone is hurt and he is a solid enough backup and he is only guaranteed for $5 million in 21/22 so he would make a solid trade chip at the deadline.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,685
And1: 4,036
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#520 » by skywalker33 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:28 am

The Rebel wrote:Portland Trail Blazers Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Will Barton
44th overall pick

Outgoing Players
Rodney Hood
Zach Collins
16th overall pick

The Trailblazers desperately need a 4th guy, a guy who can capably play SF and can defend and spot up. It would be admitting the screwed up trading Barton, but I can see it working for them. Hood tore his achilles in December, he will likely miss a lot of next season, and I am not sure he will be anywhere close to as valuable going forward. Even Trailblazer fans are starting to admit that Collins is likely always going to be a backup big. They pick up a starter that local fans still seem to love for a backup big and a 1st round pick while dumping a bad salary, seems like a good deal to me.

Chicago Bulls Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Monte Morris
Rodney Hood
21st overall pick

Outgoing Players
Tomas Satoransky
Chandler Hutchison
Daniel Gafford
44th overall pick

The Bulls move from the 2nd round to the 1st, get a young PG that they desperately need, and dump a year off of Satoransky's deal by giving up Gafford and Hutchison. 2 guys that do not have high enough ceilings to be building blocks or take minutes from higher ceiling guys.


Denver Nuggets Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Zach Collins
Tomas Satoransky
Chandler Hutchison
Daniel Gafford
16th overall pick


Outgoing Players
Will Barton
Monte Morris
21st overall pick

Barton and Morris are both quality starters in this league, and a lot of teams need them as a 4th or 5th guy. We load up on young role players that are good enough to be in a quality rotation and maybe with development may work into starting quality. Collins is not going to be a star, but he has a solid mid range shot, is a shot blocker, and most importantly he likes to play rough and physical, exactly what we need out of a backup big. Hutchison is a good defender and solid spot up shooter, even playing injured half the season last year he was a clear upgrade on Craig and could still develop into a starting quality guy. Gafford is more of a hustle guy, he will likely never be a starter, but he is a guy every good team needs. Moving up from 21st to 16th should give us a better selection of the higher upside guys. The downside is taking back Satoransky, he is way overpaid but he still makes a very good 5th guard. A guy you can use when someone is hurt and he is a solid enough backup and he is only guaranteed for $5 million in 21/22 so he would make a solid trade chip at the deadline.


Love for that to happen but seems a little lite FOR Portland and a little lite FROM Denver. Also, does it work under the Cap? We move up in the draft, get several good young players we covet for Barton, Morris and taking on Sato's contract ??? Seems a bit overzealous, but I do like the way you think
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !

Return to Denver Nuggets