Nuggets Trades

Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#561 » by The Rebel » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:57 am

skywalker33 wrote:Pretty decent projections from McBride, many names we've been putting out there ourselves, a few surprises too

https://milehighsports.com/2020-denver-nuggets-offseason-primer-addressing-roster-needs/

This article written by McBride made me start thinking about sign and trade possibilities. Who wants Craig? Who wants Plumlee? Who wants Millsap? Do we bring back Vonleh and Daniels? What do they get? Do they want to win or get the max paycheck? If we don't sign them than who wants them and what can we get from them? If they go to a team with cap space can we get a sign and trade so we create a TPE?

Looking at things, Daniels is likely gone, and I do not really care either way. Vonleh would not be the worst case for 5th big, a guy who can play in the case of foul trouble or injuries. I think they both go for around the minimum.

I can see Craig taking a partial MLE type of deal, and most teams will have that readily available. But what if a team uses the MLE elsewhere or would like to stay at the same salary avoiding the luxury tax or trying to pay less tax?

Millsap interests me, he could not care about the money and sign for the minimum or he can likely sign for an above MLE type of deal depending on what he wants to do and if we are willing to do a sign and trade. I can see him going back to Atlanta where he lives during the offseason and has a gym among other investments and they have a lot of cap space. If he wants to win than I can see a lot of playoff teams looking at his defense against Davis and even in the 2nd round, and giving him a MLE or better deal.

Plumlee also interests me. Is he going to want to start? Is he chasing the biggest money? Is he willing to come off the bench to win? You have teams like the Rockets, Clippers, Warriors needing bigs, than you have the bad teams that may view him as a great placeholder while they develop young guys.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,787

Post#562 » by TunaFish » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:40 am

The wiretap singles out Denver's interest in Jrue Holiday. Claims Denver has the assets to make a trade. Not sure what assets the article is getting at but I hate to see Bol go.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#563 » by The Rebel » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:59 am

TunaFish wrote:The wiretap singles out Denver's interest in Jrue Holiday. Claims Denver has the assets to make a trade. Not sure what assets the article is getting at but I hate to see Bol go.

Last year at the deadline they wanted MPJ and Stan shut that down. About 3 days ago there were a couple of rumors of how badly the Nets wanted him and there were rumors about that package, so to me it seems that the Pelicans are floating rumors trying to drive up the price right now.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#564 » by skywalker33 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:07 pm

It was reported about 10 teams were interested, Denver being at the top of that list. I agree with Rebel, seems like NOP is the one putting it out there and that leads to the supposition of them trying to drive up the price.

I do like the idea of a S&T for Plumlee, I think he does have some value to teams that need bigs (although trading him, wouldn't we also need bigs then ?). Perhaps we can use that terade as part of a 3-team trade for Jrue.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#565 » by skywalker33 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:20 pm

TunaFish wrote:The wiretap singles out Denver's interest in Jrue Holiday. Claims Denver has the assets to make a trade. Not sure what assets the article is getting at but I hate to see Bol go.

Frankly, if we could do Harris and Bol for Jrue I'd jump on that but not much more. Given his age and injury history of his own, it would be hard to justify adding a lot but think he'd help open our title window that much more

DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#566 » by DaFan334 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:38 pm

I think the biggest question for any Holiday trade really has to come down to what New Orleans is trying to get from the deal and where they feel they are going. My dream trade for Holiday would be him and Reddick for Harris, Morris, Barton and a draft pick or Bol. It would consolidate our assets a little bit as well as adding a veteran shooter. Between Holiday, Murray and Dozier, we wouldn't have that true playmaker backup point guard, but we could survive. Holiday's defense is probably on par with Harris if not better. Reddick would give us what I think this team has missed much of Jokic's time here. That might be a stretch for New Orleans, but a lot of it would depend on how highly they view Morris and if they think Harris can rebound offensively.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#567 » by TunaFish » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:19 pm

DaFan334 wrote:I think the biggest question for any Holiday trade really has to come down to what New Orleans is trying to get from the deal and where they feel they are going. My dream trade for Holiday would be him and Reddick for Harris, Morris, Barton and a draft pick or Bol. It would consolidate our assets a little bit as well as adding a veteran shooter. Between Holiday, Murray and Dozier, we wouldn't have that true playmaker backup point guard, but we could survive. Holiday's defense is probably on par with Harris if not better. Reddick would give us what I think this team has missed much of Jokic's time here. That might be a stretch for New Orleans, but a lot of it would depend on how highly they view Morris and if they think Harris can rebound offensively.

I could get behind this idea but I would like to think we could leave Bol out of the trade. If Harris and Morris isn't enough then adding Bol would not be the deal breaker. If I am wrong and it is, then the Nuggets probably would trade Bol.
Canned in Denver.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#568 » by THE J0KER » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:39 pm

Jrue price today is significantly lower than during the trade deadline where the playoff team would get guaranteed 2 playoff appearances from him, not just one from his expired contract from today's perspective.

I would give Harris+Barton+Bol+#22 for Jrue+#39+#42+#60 (my old proposal) because the chances Jrue will re-sign next summer is over 70% IMO. He is not a superstar and at 30 it is about his player's legacy to sign a final serious contract for a contender. Also, this trade will be helpful for FO to re-sign Grant and buy a decent backup big (or re-sign Millsap for that role).
skywalker33

Post#569 » by skywalker33 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:59 am

THE J0KER wrote:Jrue price today is significantly lower than during the trade deadline where the playoff team would get guaranteed 2 playoff appearances from him, not just one from his expired contract from today's perspective.

I would give Harris+Barton+Bol+#22 for Jrue+#39+#42+#60 (my old proposal) because the chances Jrue will re-sign next summer is over 70% IMO. He is not a superstar and at 30 it is about his player's legacy to sign a final serious contract for a contender. Also, this trade will be helpful for FO to re-sign Grant and buy a decent backup big (or re-sign Millsap for that role).

Some inconsistencies in your post Joker.

1. You state Jrue's price today is lower, yet you still want to give NOP your old offer, how does that make sense ?

2. You state he is not a superstar yet you want to pay for him like one (2 starters, a good prospect as well as a #1) for a good-to-above average player who's skillset is = to Harris (defense) + Barton (offense) and 2 decent 2nd and a throw away pick.

3. I do see how it might look like it'll help us sign Grant but he also goes from Option 4 to now Option 5 in the starting lineup, how does he look at that ? Opportunity or setback, do we KNOW ?

I'd love to have him on the team but that's a little steep for what could be a 1-yr rental, if he's looking for that last big contract, will the KSE front office do it after resigning Grant, will Jrue take less for more years ('cuz I doubt he'll get anywhere close to the $26MM he's making right now from the Nuggets).

Just think that's a haul for a potential 1-yr rental, as a small market can we afford that much ?

TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#570 » by TunaFish » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:54 am

Caveat: they claim info from Goodwill but I couldn't find the tweet this is based on. Take with a grain of salt.

Read on Twitter
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#571 » by skywalker33 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:02 am

No way they'll include Grant, feels like it would defeat the purpose IMO. He fits perfectly next to Jokic, don't see that happening.

skywalker33

Post#572 » by skywalker33 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:39 am

I can see quite a few teams that could have need of Plumlee's services, perhaps even NOP if Favors leaves in free agency. These are the ones I could see doing a S&T for Mason:

BOS: Theis is their starter, they did draft undersized Robert Williams
CHA: Is Zeller better than Plumlee ??
CLE: TT is a free agent and will Drummond re-sign or get traded ?
DAL: WCS is their starter, they want to move Powell's contract
DET: Woods is a FA, not a lot behind him
GSW: Chriss is starter but he hasn't shown me a lot
HOU: Small ball flopped in the playoffs
LAC: Harrell is on his way out, Zubac though is their starter so ???
NOP: Starter is Favors, who's a FA, Jaxson Hayes hasn't established himself as much yet
SAC: Richard Holmes is their starter, Giles is a FA

How much would someone pay for Plumlee, what asssets could we get. Also, who do we get to replace him ??

Really seems like this could be an interesting off-season

stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,150

Post#573 » by stoo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:34 am

It is amazing how many people here are giving up on Bol
NotSinceWilt
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#574 » by TunaFish » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:00 am

stoo wrote:It is amazing how many people here are giving up on Bol

Not giving up on him at all. It's the opposite. He has value and if the Nuggets make a move but want to protect their big 3 (Murray, Jokic and MPJ) then someone from the rest of the team will be available. Bol maybe a desirable player that another team insists on in a trade, now that he has obviously recovered from injury.

It would be a shame to lose him but it might be necessary to gain another player that the team covets such as an all star player. They could also later regret it.
Canned in Denver.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#575 » by DaFan334 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:01 am

I don't think anyone is giving up on Bol. He is potentially one of our most valuable assets and with his injury history, there is a little less risk if we take advantage of using his potential to make a big move for next year.
stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#576 » by stoo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:28 am

DaFan334 wrote:I don't think anyone is giving up on Bol. He is potentially one of our most valuable assets and with his injury history, there is a little less risk if we take advantage of using his potential to make a big move for next year.

Bol has a higher ceiling than MPJ. Plus, Bol will be an outstanding weakside defender, something that we also need next to Jokic.

I wouldn't be surprised we do give MPJ in a big trade and keep Bol
NotSinceWilt
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#577 » by TunaFish » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:36 pm

stoo wrote:
DaFan334 wrote:I don't think anyone is giving up on Bol. He is potentially one of our most valuable assets and with his injury history, there is a little less risk if we take advantage of using his potential to make a big move for next year.

Bol has a higher ceiling than MPJ. Plus, Bol will be an outstanding weakside defender, something that we also need next to Jokic.

Check google and you will find that the owner has already made it clear, Denver will not trade MPJ. Front office and many fans think he has the highest ceiling of any player after Murray and Jokic. It is hard to find a trade for a player with more upside and it is far more likely that MPJ will be a starter next season. FO also thinks highly of Bol and the new GM has stated that Bol will be in the rotation.

Down the road, I can see both MPJ and Bol playing together, what a sight that front line would be.

The best trade for Denver would be the one where neither MPJ or Bol is moved. However, that depends on the demands being made if a top player is made available.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#578 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:54 pm

I would be shocked if Denver trade Porter for several reasons.
1. His potential is extremely high.
2. Other teams will want him cheap "because of his injury history".
3. His salary is too low to bring back a player even worth considering - even bundling other contracts with his.
4. Nobody is likely to trade an All-Star player in his prime for Porter - and that seems like what it will take to get Porter.

I would be quite surprised, but not totally shocked if Denver trade Bol for several reasons.
1. His potential is extremely high.
2. Other teams will want him cheap "because of his injury history".
3. His salary is too low to bring back a player even worth considering - even bundling other contracts with his.
4. Nobody is likely to trade an solid starter in his prime for Bol - and that seems like what it will take to get Bol.

*** No doubt fans of other teams will think my perspective is wrong - and they are welcome to think that. It is not just my opinion I am expressing (although it is my opinion). Multiple other posters have said much the same thing and so has the Denver Nuggets front office (without the explanations).
stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#579 » by stoo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:41 pm

I wouldn't want to lose 1 of MPJ and Bol, over any player not named Giannis, Luka, Donovan Mitchel, Kawhi, Davis and Curray and Lillard.
The way GM said they expect Bol in rotation and the way Malone and players talked abut him, I don't believe he is traded. His 2way will be converted.

But i still can see the talk around MPJ raising his value, and packaging him with Harris and Barton for some almost top tier player

My dream that Denver can do today is to play Murray, Grant, MPJ, Bol, Jokic. I hppe to see that 5 next season
NotSinceWilt
skywalker33

Post#580 » by skywalker33 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:52 pm

stoo wrote:

You don't KNOW that, that's your opinion. And since Kroenke has already made MPJ untouchable, your surprise may come as an unexpected surprise.

No one here is stating Bol is some sort of throw-in, he looks to be a valuable piece. But several key factors play into this. Where does Bol play here, is he a Center (he's not replacing Jokic, making him a backup), is he a SF (MPJ looks to be locking down that position) or perhaps PF (if they sign Grant, again he comes off the bench). With those three positions taken he's more than likely coming off the bench while Jrue would be a starter. Also have to consider his lack of weight, his foot injury (that looks to be healed), even his questioned desire to play basketball.

It still comes down to this: you have to give something good to get something good.

Return to Denver Nuggets