ImageImageImage

Nuggets Trades

Moderator: THE J0KER

Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,190

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#581 » by Mickey8 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:22 pm

Bol Bol got no future in the competitive basketball, he can showcase good move here and there but he will never have consistency nor he will ever get significant minutes for the long stretch of the season, he's just another freakishly tall player that attract masses because of his size and he can show some good move or the pass from time to time, Ill bet anyone here that in 4,5 years he will be somewhere in the G league or in the some exotic basketball league somewhere in the world. We had so many examples of that Thabeet ,Podkolzin,Muresan, dude from South Korea etc.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,884

Post#582 » by Richard Miller » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:24 pm

skywalker33 wrote:No way they'll include Grant, feels like it would defeat the purpose IMO. He fits perfectly next to Jokic, don't see that happening.

Actually if Barton is healthy and they keep Millsap at reasonable price (plus Bol may get some SF or PF minutes), they could part with Grant.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#583 » by The Rebel » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:03 pm

skywalker33 wrote:No way they'll include Grant, feels like it would defeat the purpose IMO. He fits perfectly next to Jokic, don't see that happening.

I don't know that Goodwin has all that much credibility either way, I don't remember him ever getting details right on a trade before hand.

While I agree Grant is a great fit for what we need next to Jokic, I would say that it depends heavily on the return in the deal and who we can get in free agency. The issue I see is that with Ingram and Williamson do they really need another forward sucking up 30+ minutes per game? Also why would Grant want to go there? If he wants to be on a contender than the Nuggets are much closer, as are the Heat for that matter, it would make no sense for Grant to go there unless they are dramatically overpaying.

It would be complicated to structure but we could do a deal like
Grant sign and traded, Barton, Morris, a future 1st, and a future 2nd for Jrue, Favors sign and traded, and Hart.

It would have to be structured something like
Grant sign and traded along with a 1st for JRue
Barton and Bol for a sign and traded Favors
Morris and a 2nd for Hart

It makes some sense for the Pelicans as they get 2 solid guards, both of which are starting quality, a good defensive forward which they need, and a nice big prospect, with a couple of future picks.

Ball/MOrris/ Jackson
Barton/ Alexander=Walker
INgram/ Grant/ Miller
Zion/ Grant/ K. Williams/ Bol
Hayes/ Melli/ Bol

add in their 1st round pick, and that team is fighting for the playoffs with a ton of room to grow.

For us it would leave
Murray/ JRue/
Jrue/ Harris/ Hart
MPJ/ KBD/
FAvors/ Cancar/
Jokic/ Favors

We could pick up someone for the taxpayer MLE to backup our forwards and sign a minimum guy like Noel for our 3rd center. We can also flip Harris or Hart for an upgrade at forward as well.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#584 » by The Rebel » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:09 pm

stoo wrote:
DaFan334 wrote:I don't think anyone is giving up on Bol. He is potentially one of our most valuable assets and with his injury history, there is a little less risk if we take advantage of using his potential to make a big move for next year.

Bol has a higher ceiling than MPJ. Plus, Bol will be an outstanding weakside defender, something that we also need next to Jokic.

I wouldn't be surprised we do give MPJ in a big trade and keep Bol

LMAO, were you watching the same players as I was? Bol does not have the strength to guard Centers and spread 4s ran right around him. LIterally his only great skills are weakside shotblocker and a big that can shoot. Shotblocking is the most overrated skill there is in the NBA, it has been proven by numerous studies that shotblockers only result in stopping a team 2% more than a non-shotblocker.

That is not even mentioning that while on a severe minute restriction in the Gleague he still managed to get hurt and miss the last month of the Gleague season.

Bol will spend his career as a nice bench guy or borderline starter for a team desperate for a C, MPJ showed throughout the playoffs that he is the far superior talent. Trading MPJ instead of Bol would be a huge mistake that will likely get Connelly fired within 2 years.

That being said nobody is giving up on Bol, we just see the reality we have MPJ locked up 2 more years, JOkic 3 years, and Murray 5 years. If we are not a contender in the next 2 years than we are risking losing Jokic for nothing. This is our chance to add talent this offseason, if the front office chooses to get a 3rd all star right now we have to give something and a guy who is still a couple of years away is not a bad option.
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#585 » by Richard Miller » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:21 pm

The Rebel wrote:It would have to be structured something like

I would stop right there. Trading Barton and Bol for a backup center? No thanks. Would rather keep Plumlee or sign somebody else cheap.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#586 » by The Rebel » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:36 pm

skywalker33 wrote:I can see quite a few teams that could have need of Plumlee's services, perhaps even NOP if Favors leaves in free agency. These are the ones I could see doing a S&T for Mason:

BOS: Theis is their starter, they did draft undersized Robert Williams
CHA: Is Zeller better than Plumlee ??
CLE: TT is a free agent and will Drummond re-sign or get traded ?
DAL: WCS is their starter, they want to move Powell's contract
DET: Woods is a FA, not a lot behind him
GSW: Chriss is starter but he hasn't shown me a lot
HOU: Small ball flopped in the playoffs
LAC: Harrell is on his way out, Zubac though is their starter so ???
NOP: Starter is Favors, who's a FA, Jaxson Hayes hasn't established himself as much yet
SAC: Richard Holmes is their starter, Giles is a FA

How much would someone pay for Plumlee, what asssets could we get. Also, who do we get to replace him ??

Really seems like this could be an interesting off-season

Boston is interesting, they never seem willing to pay for a true Center, and Plumlee does not fit what they really want, but he is an upgrade on what they have. I don't think they do anything for Plumlee.

Charlotte has a lot of issues, mostly coming from being a young team with a lack of leadership. I think it is close enough between Zeller and Plumlee that they will not do anything.

I don't see anyway Plumlee will consider Cleveland

There is no way I would take back Powell's contract, he has an achilles injury and was never exactly a great player before that. I would love Kleber, but I do not see that working for them.

Detroit is a mess, they have plenty of cap space but they are in the midst of a rebuild. Would they pay PLumlee to help in the lockerroom if they lose Wood? We could use a TPE.

Warriors I do not see wanting Plumlee, they will just find some minimum guy that will fit what they need out of their center.

Houston is interesting to me, the issue is that outside of Covington they have nothing I see as value to us, but would they do Covington for Plumlee and a pick?

Clippers are also interesting, as bad as Plumlee played against the Jazz and at times the Lakers, he played well against the Clippers. If we do not get Jrue than Beverly and a pick for a sign and traded Plumlee along with Morris makes a lot of sense for both teams.

1 option I keep coming back to is a double sign and trade, we sign and trade PLumlee for a sign and traded Favors. They get the lockerroom guy who is willing to do whatever is asked, and we get the clear up grade. SAlaries only have to be within 25% so a 4 year $60 million deal to FAvors allows the Pelicans to sign PLumlee to a deal starting at around $11.5 and they could do a 3 year declining deal say 3years $33 million.

Sacremento is a weird situation, I don't have any idea what they will do, but I would love to convince them to give us Bjelica for a sign and traded Plumlee.

A couple of other teams I can see being interested
Chicago needs veteran leadership especially a veteran big, would AK give us Hutchison if we took back Satoransky for a sign and traded PLumlee?

The Knicks need veteran leadership and a C, although at a glimpse I cannot see anything of value that I would really want off their roster that they are likely to give.

The Raptors have Gasol and Ibaka as free agents this year. I could see them overpaying for a 3 year contract with only 1 year guaranteed to get a suitable backup Center if they lose either 1. Maybe we give Gasol a similar deal for 1 year guaranteed to get him here in a double sign and trade?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#587 » by The Rebel » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:37 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
The Rebel wrote:It would have to be structured something like

I would stop right there. Trading Barton and Bol for a backup center? No thanks. Would rather keep Plumlee or sign somebody else cheap.

We are not, we are trading for Jrue and a starting PF, that is just how the deal has to be structured so that it would be a legal deal.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#588 » by The Rebel » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:41 pm

Richard Miller wrote:

Actually if Barton is healthy and they keep Millsap at reasonable price (plus Bol may get some SF or PF minutes), they could part with Grant.

If Millsap is our starting PF next year than we can just plan on not being a contender. While he is still a great man to man defender, he was terrible on offense and is to slow to be a great help defender in our system at this point.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#589 » by The Rebel » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:41 pm

Mickey8 wrote:Bol Bol got no future in the competitive basketball, he can showcase good move here and there but he will never have consistency nor he will ever get significant minutes for the long stretch of the season, he's just another freakishly tall player that attract masses because of his size and he can show some good move or the pass from time to time, Ill bet anyone here that in 4,5 years he will be somewhere in the G league or in the some exotic basketball league somewhere in the world. We had so many examples of that Thabeet ,Podkolzin,Muresan, dude from South Korea etc.

I think the idea that Bol is a better prospect than MPJ to be a joke, but Bol is better than any of those guys you listed. Bol actually does have a real NBA skill in his shooting, which will keep him in the league and may even get him as a 5th starter type on some teams.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#590 » by skywalker33 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:43 pm

Richard Miller wrote:

Did you not see how well played in the playoffs without Barton ? And Millsap was a shell of his old self and that isn't getting any better, Father Time ALWAYS wins !! He definitely showed signs of slowing down.

Also, if you willing to trade Grant, you must be one who thinks Bol is ready to play PF, he's not (yet). He's still in the 215-220lb range and hasn't played a ton of mins for two years or so, only got 15-18mins in the G-league. Can he log backup mins at the SF/PF positions ?? I'm OK with that, but by trading Grant you're plugging one hole (SG) for another (PF) and honestly, Harris is doing an adequate job at SG when healthy.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#591 » by Richard Miller » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:21 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Also, if you willing to trade Grant, you must be one who thinks Bol is ready to play PF, he's not (yet). He's still in the 215-220lb range and hasn't played a ton of mins for two years or so, only got 15-18mins in the G-league. Can he log backup mins at the SF/PF positions ?? I'm OK with that, but by trading Grant you're plugging one hole (SG) for another (PF) and honestly, Harris is doing an adequate job at SG when healthy.

Nah, I imagine if MPJ is off limits then he's getting starter or close to starter minutes at PF, not Bol.
skywalker33

Post#592 » by skywalker33 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:35 am

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Nah, I imagine if MPJ is off limits then he's getting starter or close to starter minutes at PF, not Bol.

The physical nature of the PF position would be very detrimental to MPJ’s back, not to mention remove all the size mismatches he’d get at the SF position

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#593 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:51 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

The physical nature of the PF position would be very detrimental to MPJ’s back, not to mention remove all the size mismatches he’d get at the SF position

Tall SFs tend to become PFs somewhere late in their prime (late 20s) - not always but full-time PF for Porter? At least 6-9 years away IMO.
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#594 » by Richard Miller » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:17 am

Can't remember where exactly I saw, but somebody said MPJ has already gained some weight, if true don't think he's doing that with no reason. And if finally healthy, Barton is as valuable as Grant if not more - at the beginning of the last season he's was the best Nuggets player. I wouldn't trade him for a non-shooting wing/backup center straight up, let alone adding Bol.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#595 » by TunaFish » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:55 am

Read on Twitter
Canned in Denver.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,521

Post#596 » by THE J0KER » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:37 pm

TunaFish wrote:
Read on Twitter

He unofficially suggests that Jrue price is Harris+Morris+Bol+#22, but for several reasons (way cheaper, better fit), I would swap Morris with Barton and then ask few 2020 2nd rounds picks from NO to add their offer.

I agree that Oladipo move would be too much risk, that Josh Green is a good "safe option" for the upcoming draft, that MPJ should be a starter and locked for deals...

But I don't agree that Lonzo Ball should be our trade target, that we have money to buy Ibaka after re-signing Grant, and I don't like the suggested starting lineup Murray-Barton-MPJ-Grant-Jokic because it suggests we are going to trade Harris anyway but probably without a starter-level player back.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#597 » by The Rebel » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:23 pm

Richard Miller wrote:Can't remember where exactly I saw, but somebody said MPJ has already gained some weight, if true don't think he's doing that with no reason. And if finally healthy, Barton is as valuable as Grant if not more - at the beginning of the last season he's was the best Nuggets player. I wouldn't trade him for a non-shooting wing/backup center straight up, let alone adding Bol.

Obviously reading comprehension is an issue for you.

As for MPJ gaining weight, he is going to gain weight regardless of the plan, everybody does in their early 20s if they are on any kind of exercise routine.

Barton is a better player than Grant overall, but Barton continuing to insist on being an iso player makes him a terrible fit for this team and has cost us games every season. If you need me to explain this statement 3 times let me know, since you obviously are still struggling to figure out my earlier post.
skywalker33

Post#598 » by skywalker33 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Richard Miller wrote:Can't remember where exactly I saw, but somebody said MPJ has already gained some weight, if true don't think he's doing that with no reason. And if finally healthy, Barton is as valuable as Grant if not more - at the beginning of the last season he's was the best Nuggets player. I wouldn't trade him for a non-shooting wing/backup center straight up, let alone adding Bol.

Well, gaining weight is part of the rehab process in strengthening one's core to help prevent further back issues, muscle does weigh more than fat. To play the PF position he'd probably have to get into the 240lbs range and if he were to get there he'd probably lose some of his quickness, it really doesn't seem like the best move to me.

As for Grant, I don't think anyone is suggesting we trade him for a non-shooting wing or a backup center, I just don't think trading him is a good idea given we have no depth at the PF position, he fits perfectly next to Jokic and is one of our strongest defenders.

As for Barton, I think he's a valuable asset for this team, provides some veteran leadership and can take over a game at times. I do think he could be our starting SG (provided he doesn't play his brand of hero-ball) but I like him off the bench better, I'd be happy to see him as our sixth man anchoring the scoring off the bench.

Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#599 » by Richard Miller » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:46 pm

skywalker33 wrote:but I like him off the bench better, I'd be happy to see him as our sixth man anchoring the scoring off the bench.

If he's healthy and back to form he's too good to sit on the bench, and don't think he sees himself as a bench player either. But still it's a big if
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#600 » by TunaFish » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:36 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:but I like him off the bench better, I'd be happy to see him as our sixth man anchoring the scoring off the bench.

If he's healthy and back to form he's too good to sit on the bench, and don't think he sees himself as a bench player either. But still it's a big if

Maybe. A sixth man of the year award in the NBA is coveted. All he needs to understand is that he makes the Nuggets better by becoming a top sixth man. He has been good off the bench before and his salary fits the sixth man slot. He could end up with the same minutes but against the other's team bench raising his stats. He also knows that MPJ is the future and that MPJ will be starting sooner or later.
Canned in Denver.

Return to Denver Nuggets