The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#882 » by The Rebel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:17 am

DaFan334 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Do we have any money left Marc Gasol ?? He fit in perfectly with what we need

We can only offer him a minimum deal, which seems to be what everybody else is offering him. I would love to have him just to teach Jokic and the other young guys some of the tricks he has learned over the years.

I wonder if we could work out a sign and trade with the Raptors of some sort if we get a TPE from Detroit. Ariza would be another guy worth us looking into.

As Psi said we do not have the roster space for Ariza without trading someone else.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#883 » by DaFan334 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:27 am

Yeah, maybe giving up Vlatko, but who knows, we might have high hopes for him this year. I would guess we are set for the start of the year and might make a move for a defender depending on how the year goes.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#884 » by stoo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:30 am

Barton for Aaron Gordon would be a nice deal. If our backcourt has an improved season, especially Garry and Dozier, we have quite a nice roster

Murray Monte Facu
Garry Dozier Hampton
MPJ Gordon Cancar
Millsap Green Bol
Jokic Stein Nnaji

I would still prefer a Jrue type of player, who can guard shooting guards and big small forwards. Gordon would take away minutes from Bol and Nnaji, which I don't like, but would also help Paul and Jym rest. I don't believe Denver would do this after signing all the big men.
Murray Dozier MPJ Gordon Jokic is interesting 5 though :)

The way our roster is constructed right now is actually ok enough to have a chance at the title, especially if most of our players have a good season.

I still feel that we might not be done

Who is the 6'7 SG/SF we might be actually inquiring right now, to swap Barton for him?
I believe safer way is not to include Monte in the trade, but if we give Monte and Barton to get a better player, -- Dozier and Facu might still be enough to cover for backup PG minutes
NotSinceWilt
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#885 » by skywalker33 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:36 pm

Can’t say I’m big on Gordon, Barton was scoring at a better clip before he was hurt. I think there will be better deals down the road for Barton and Morris, I like the current roster, let’s see how it pans out before making drastic moves
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#886 » by eathb_au » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:46 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Can’t say I’m big on Gordon, Barton was scoring at a better clip before he was hurt. I think there will be better deals down the road for Barton and Morris, I like the current roster, let’s see how it pans out before making drastic moves

I would do it, because Barton's been hurt during the end of season crunch time/playoffs for the last 3 consecutive seasons now.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#887 » by TunaFish » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:52 pm

As 2020 NBA trade season began, the primary target of the Portland Trail Blazers may have been Orlando Magic forward Aaron Gordon rather than the player they actually acquired, Robert Covington of the Houston Rockets. Mitch Lawrence of SiriusXM Radio’s NBA Channel tweeted today that the Blazers offered the same package for Gordon that they did for Covington, but were rebuffed. That package included forward Trevor Ariza, Portland’s first-round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, and a lottery-protected first-rounder in the 2021 NBA Draft.

https://www.blazersedge.com/2020/11/17/21572013/aaron-gordon-trade-rumors-robert-covington-portland-trail-blazers-nba-2020

I don't think Barton and Morris is likely to be acceptable to Orlando.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#888 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:48 am

TunaFish wrote:As 2020 NBA trade season began, the primary target of the Portland Trail Blazers may have been Orlando Magic forward Aaron Gordon rather than the player they actually acquired, Robert Covington of the Houston Rockets. Mitch Lawrence of SiriusXM Radio’s NBA Channel tweeted today that the Blazers offered the same package for Gordon that they did for Covington, but were rebuffed. That package included forward Trevor Ariza, Portland’s first-round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, and a lottery-protected first-rounder in the 2021 NBA Draft.

https://www.blazersedge.com/2020/11/17/21572013/aaron-gordon-trade-rumors-robert-covington-portland-trail-blazers-nba-2020

Barton is better than Ariza at this point, and Morris is a starting quality PG, although I have said from the start you would have to find someone to take Morris and give us an asset that the Magic need.

That being said I don't really want Gordon, I still think he is overpaid and overrated.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#889 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:53 am

If we trade Barton than we need a bench scorer, a guy who can play on or off the ball and also someone who is a good SF defender. Truth is Barton fits exactly what we need behind MPJ, but the question is if he is willing to come off the bench?

While Barton annoys us all when he does his iso crap, when he is with the bench and Jokic/Murray are on the bench than we need someone that can iso and score. Our bench kept getting destroyed because they would double Morris and MPJ on ball while keeping a guy on the other in close coverage and the rest would cover the paint, as they knew nobody else could really create for themselves and outside of those 2 we really did not have another shooter out there. Our bench also was terrible stopping the other team's bench scorers as well. Barton can do both, and there are not many available that can replace that.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#890 » by TunaFish » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:59 am

The Rebel wrote:
TunaFish wrote:As 2020 NBA trade season began, the primary target of the Portland Trail Blazers may have been Orlando Magic forward Aaron Gordon rather than the player they actually acquired, Robert Covington of the Houston Rockets. Mitch Lawrence of SiriusXM Radio’s NBA Channel tweeted today that the Blazers offered the same package for Gordon that they did for Covington, but were rebuffed. That package included forward Trevor Ariza, Portland’s first-round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, and a lottery-protected first-rounder in the 2021 NBA Draft.

Barton is better than Ariza at this point, and Morris is a starting quality PG, although I have said from the start you would have to find someone to take Morris and give us an asset that the Magic need.

That being said I don't really want Gordon, I still think he is overpaid and overrated.

If the quote is correct, Orlando was after more than two first round picks plus Ariza. That seems to be the going rate for a quality forward like Covington, so the theory goes but Orlando wants more. That's a steep price and they have definitely overpaid and overrated Gordon.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#891 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:37 pm

So, can we do this trade:

DEN trades Barton, Cancar
SAC trades Bogdanovic, 2021 2nd

Maybe the best offer SAC gets to at least salvage something from that ATL offer sheet.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#892 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:10 pm

TunaFish wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

If the quote is correct, Orlando was after more than two first round picks plus Ariza. That seems to be the going rate for a quality forward like Covington, so the theory goes but Orlando wants more. That's a steep price and they have definitely overpaid and overrated Gordon.

Depends on how you value picks, 2 mid-late 1st round picks are not likely to produce a single starter but some overpay for the gamble. In reality 2 starters on good contracts like Morris and Barton are is considerably more valuable than a end of rotation bad contract and 2 picks.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#893 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:12 pm

skywalker33 wrote:So, can we do this trade:

Maybe the best offer SAC gets to at least salvage something from that ATL offer sheet.

It should work financially but it will be close because Bogdanovic reportedly had a 15% trade kicker put into the deal. Bogdanovic is also under a no trade for the 1st year if the Kings match the deal, so he would have to want to come here.
skywalker33

Post#894 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:29 pm

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:So, can we do this trade:

It should work financially but it will be close because Bogdanovic reportedly had a 15% trade kicker put into the deal. Bogdanovic is also under a no trade for the 1st year if the Kings match the deal, so he would have to want to come here.

With the choice of coming to a title contender playing with his buddy, Jokic, do you think he'd say no ?? He could easily be a starting SG on this team, surely better than ATL or SAC. And when does that 15% trade kicker come into play ?? We could up that bid a little, seems it solves the Barton issue, improves the team and could solidify one of our weakest position at SG

gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#895 » by gobullschi » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:41 pm

Trade deadline deal:

Otto Porter Jr. & 2021 2nd for Gary Harris, Will Barton, & 2021 1st (lottery protected)

Denver upgrades at SF and clears enough cap space to sign a max free agent in 2021. Denver would be a top FA destination in 2021 with 2 stars already locked up on long-term deals and a good group of young talent (MPJ, Bol Bol, Zeke Nnaji, Hampton) for sustained success.
skywalker33

Post#896 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:01 pm

gobullschi wrote:Trade deadline deal:

Otto Porter Jr. & 2021 2nd for Gary Harris, Will Barton, & 2021 1st (lottery protected)

Denver upgrades at SF and clears enough cap space to sign a max free agent in 2021. Denver would be a top FA destination in 2021 with 2 stars already locked up on long-term deals and a good group of young talent (MPJ, Bol Bol, Zeke Nnaji, Hampton) for sustained success.

Nice sales technique but Porter does NOT make Denver a FA destination point, although it would open up some Cap money. This really weakens our SG position, you'd have to add in Chandler Hutchison at the very least. Porter has been too injured for my taste anymore, at one time I really wanted him here but not so much, in fact, you should be giving US the lottery protected 1st IMO.

CHI trades Porter, Hutchison and 2023 LP 1st
DEN trade Barton & Harris

seems much more inline to me, Porter's salary and injury history make him negative value.

gobullschi
Veteran

Post#897 » by gobullschi » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:11 pm

skywalker33 wrote:

Nice sales technique but Porter does NOT make Denver a FA destination point, although it would open up some Cap money. This really weakens our SG position, you'd have to add in Chandler Hutchison at the very least. Porter has been too injured for my taste anymore, at one time I really wanted him here but not so much, in fact, you should be giving US the lottery protected 1st IMO.

seems much more inline to me, Porter's salary and injury history make him negative value.

Otto Porter Jr. is in a contract year and reportedly in phenomenal shape. I suggested the deal at the deadline assuming he has stayed healthy to shave off some of the risk. Porter doesn’t make Denver a FA destination (improves SF tho), but his contract creates the opportunity to add a max free agent.

If you want the Bulls to add a first rounder and Hutchison you’ve completely removed all the value for Chicago. The deal is as originally proposed or it’s not worth discussing, which is fine.

I had a hard time putting a value on Harris and Barton after Harris’s play has fallen off a cliff and Barton’s injury history.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#898 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:00 pm

gobullschi wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Otto Porter Jr. is in a contract year and reportedly in phenomenal shape. I suggested the deal at the deadline assuming he has stayed healthy to shave off some of the risk. Porter doesn’t make Denver a FA destination (improves SF tho), but his contract creates the opportunity to add a max free agent.

If you want the Bulls to add a first rounder and Hutchison you’ve completely removed all the value for Chicago. The deal is as originally proposed or it’s not worth discussing, which is fine.

I had a hard time putting a value on Harris and Barton after Harris’s play has fallen off a cliff and Barton’s injury history.

Are you really bringing up Barton's injury history while trying to push Otto Porter JR on us? Porter JR has missed more games than either Harris or Barton the last 2 years, he is far more injury prone then either of our guys.

LMAO, I half way think you are trolling, or you have no idea how good Barton and Harris both are. The difference between Barton and a healthy Otto Porter JR is not Gary Harris. Harris is an elite perimeter defender, arguably the best in the league and while he has struggled with his shot, that is a very big need for contenders.

Literally the only thing Porter JR has on Barton is that he is a better shooter on spot up shots. IN the last 2 years Barton is easily the better player at creating his own shot, creating for others, and is a clearly better defender throughout their careers. Fact is I would not trade Barton straight up for Otto Porter JR.

As for upgrading SF, considering he would be the 3rd best SF on the roster I fail to see how he is an upgrade.

Easy no from the Nuggets.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#899 » by gobullschi » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:24 pm

The Rebel wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Are you really bringing up Barton's injury history while trying to push Otto Porter JR on us? Porter JR has missed more games than either Harris or Barton the last 2 years, he is far more injury prone then either of our guys.

LMAO, I half way think you are trolling, or you have no idea how good Barton and Harris both are. The difference between Barton and a healthy Otto Porter JR is not Gary Harris. Harris is an elite perimeter defender, arguably the best in the league and while he has struggled with his shot, that is a very big need for contenders.

Literally the only thing Porter JR has on Barton is that he is a better shooter on spot up shots. IN the last 2 years Barton is easily the better player at creating his own shot, creating for others, and is a clearly better defender throughout their careers. Fact is I would not trade Barton straight up for Otto Porter JR.

As for upgrading SF, considering he would be the 3rd best SF on the roster I fail to see how he is an upgrade.

You sound like a homer. Garry Harris averaged 10PPG while being paid 20 million a year. GTFO

You’re avoiding the point of the trade, but maybe it’s because you both don’t see Denver as a free agent destination. Being able to add a guy like Paul George, Giannis, etc in 2021 gives Denver their ‘Big Three’. (Jokic, Murray, George) Not to mention that MPJ is emerging.

The benefit of this deal is that you get an expiring contract AND a player that helps you contend.

Bulls would have 0 interest in Barton or Harris. It’s the draft asset that they would be targeting.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#900 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:33 pm

gobullschi wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

You sound like a homer. Garry Harris averaged 10PPG while being paid 20 million a year. GTFO

You’re avoiding the point of the trade, but maybe it’s because you both don’t see Denver as a free agent destination. Being able to add a guy like Paul George, Giannis, etc in 2021 gives Denver their ‘Big Three’. (Jokic, Murray, George) Not to mention that MPJ is emerging.

The benefit of this deal is that you get an expiring contract AND a player that helps you contend.

Bulls would have 0 interest in Barton or Harris. It’s the draft asset that they would be targeting.

Did you really just call me a homer while talking about how we should trade 2 starting quality players for Otto Porter JR? You GTFO, even posters on the Bulls board said the Nuggets would never do your deal, yet you come here defending it and proving you are the homer.

Harris is arguably the best perimeter defender in the league, being that he is the 5th option in our offense his points mean nothing. The fact that you think they do show how little you know about our team, and how little you understand about basketball.

LMAO, the Bulls don't want 2 upgrades on their team, they want a future pick. There is a reason even other Bulls fans are telling you the pick is going the wrong way.

As for MPJ emerging, why would you propose a trade for a guy who plays the same position then?

Maybe you missed it, I know the Bulls were at home so you maybe you weren't paying attention, we were in the Western Conference finals this year, a year ago we were a handful of possessions away from the conference finals, we are not worried about getting a psuedo star like George in a year so maybe we can compete then, we want to win games now. Harris and Barton are each bigger contributors towards that by themselves than Otto Porter JR would be.

I can pull up the stats to show why Barton is a better player than Otto Porter JR, but I suspect you took a look yourself and realized how dumb you are by pushing this trade and than attacking me when I laughed at you.

Return to Denver Nuggets