Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#961 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:39 pm

FilNugsFan wrote:
The Rebel wrote:I think we all know that our lack of proven depth in the front court is a problem, who do you see that we may be able to go get?

Not sure how high Houston values him, but I like Danuel House Jr. He's got the athleticism to defend the wing, and also the size to defend forwards if needed to switch. He can shoot 3s and simply a better offensive player than Craig.

Interesting choice. I like House, and I was sure that the Rockets were going to trade him after his issue in the bubble.

With the Grant TPE we could literally take him for nothing, and the Rockets reportedly want to dump salary. I wonder if a future 1st would work for them?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#962 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:48 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:In this trade Wall's supermax contract is valued as (very) negative asset, one of the worst contracts in the NBA today. Wizards get rid of it using 2 first picks and get 4 useful "win now" players to reach the playoff (lead by Beal).

Houston as a rebuilding team is focused on young promising players and draft picks, and use cap space to take Wall albatross contract. Until Wall contract expires in 2023 team will tank the next three seasons to get high picks, so they must trade Westbrook too ASAP for other assets.

Clippers using Lakers formula with two TOP5 superstars and Nuggets attacking ring with BIG4 formula.

In that trade Clippers get massive upgrade, Houston gets top young prospects and picks and Denver gets... George. Do you hate the Nuggets or something? :D

George, Lou W., Zubac and FRP is not so bad package for a superstar which don't want to stay in Houston anymore, unless you underestimate PG13 value badly. George is true TOP20 all-star player in offense and defense both. His famous bad shooting days are deadly for a team where the only "plan-A" options are Westbrook or Kawhi, but in Denver with Jokic-Murray-Porter nobody will force him to shoot these days, and even in such OFF-offense days he will be very useful for the Nuggets with his elite defense.

His elite defense? He hasn't been an elite defender in years, he is still living off the defensive reputation he built while with the Pacers.

Either way he has an option in 1 year, no way am I trading anything like the package you have us sending out for him. Also he is the 1 guy who can say he wants to come here and I would laugh, 3 years ago we had a trade done for him, than he told our front office he did not want to come here and would leave for LA 1st chance he got. 2 years ago we tried to talk to him as a free agent and he ignored us. He signed that extension with the Thunder already knowing he had every intention of leaving the next summer, and they kissed his ass on and off the court, force feeding him to get him into the MVP conversation. From all reports he has been a total diva in LA. NO THANK YOU. I am not taking an underhanded diva that does not want to be in Denver, let the Clippers deal with the mess they created through their tampering and collusion, we will just keep kicking their ass while they do it.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#963 » by skywalker33 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:44 pm

The Rebel wrote:
FilNugsFan wrote:
The Rebel wrote:I think we all know that our lack of proven depth in the front court is a problem, who do you see that we may be able to go get?

Not sure how high Houston values him, but I like Danuel House Jr. He's got the athleticism to defend the wing, and also the size to defend forwards if needed to switch. He can shoot 3s and simply a better offensive player than Craig.

Interesting choice. I like House, and I was sure that the Rockets were going to trade him after his issue in the bubble.

With the Grant TPE we could literally take him for nothing, and the Rockets reportedly want to dump salary. I wonder if a future 1st would work for them?

Well I like House, but he seems like an older, less-talented version of Gary Harris IMO. And if HOU wants a salary dump, a SRP would suffice IMO.

While I like House Jr, feels like we need a bigger defender to handle guys Harris can't, someone at least 6'7'"
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#964 » by Manolito » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:58 pm

Am I the only one thinking about Aaron Gordon as a perfect fit?

I don't think the package Barton plus Monte is enough, probably a FRP should be added although I would hate that (maybe two swaps are enough?)

Good part is that almost every NBA team are stacked in the SF/PF position. The only team with a hole there are the Timberwolves. Indiana, Brooklyn and San Antonio might also need him, but I don't see any assets on them.

We know Orlando rejected Portland's offer based on Ariza + 2 FRP

If Gordon does not work, I only see Tucker or Thad Young as other options, and they would be a one year rental (although Young has 6M guaranteed for 20/21 season)

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#965 » by The Rebel » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:35 pm

Manolito wrote:Am I the only one thinking about Aaron Gordon as a perfect fit?

I don't think the package Barton plus Monte is enough, probably a FRP should be added although I would hate that (maybe two swaps are enough?)

Good part is that almost every NBA team are stacked in the SF/PF position. The only team with a hole there are the Timberwolves. Indiana, Brooklyn and San Antonio might also need him, but I don't see any assets on them.

If Gordon does not work, I only see Tucker or Thad Young as other options, and they would be a one year rental (although Young has 6M guaranteed for 20/21 season)

Actually I do not think that Gordon is a great fit for our offense.

He is a bad spot up shooter, like Torrey Craig bad.

Also for all the hype he gets for his defense, and he is a good help defender, he is actually a below average man to man defender.

While I know a lot of people think his issues will be covered more if he is a 3rd option instead of a co1st option on the Magic, but I have not seen anything that indicates that at all.

Truth is I would not give up Barton and Morris to Pay Gordon his contract at this point.

Young and Tucker both interest me, but I do not see either team being interested in Barton and Morris does not make near enough to make it work.
skywalker33

Post#966 » by skywalker33 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:56 am

Not sure why everyone values Gordon so much, to me he's an under-performing, under-sized, uber-athletic PF. He's only had one good year where he averaged 17.6ppg but he's never been a great rebounder, leader or defensive stalwart. I don't see the great fit here either.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#967 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:09 am

skywalker33 wrote:

Not sure why everyone values Gordon so much, to me he's an under-performing, under-sized, uber-athletic PF. He's only had one good year where he averaged 17.6ppg but he's never been a great rebounder, leader or defensive stalwart. I don't see the great fit here either.

I've never liked Gordon's fit for the Nuggets, but I do like Isaac's fit and if he's missing a year due to injury, I wonder if the Nuggets could pick him up? He'd reduce our depth for this year, but next year ... I'd like it!
skywalker33

Post#968 » by skywalker33 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:02 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

I've never liked Gordon's fit for the Nuggets, but I do like Isaac's fit and if he's missing a year due to injury, I wonder if the Nuggets could pick him up? He'd reduce our depth for this year, but next year ... I'd like it!

I like Isaac too but the guy can never seem to stay healthy. People give a lot of grief to MPJ about his health but Isaac's frail frame has limited his potential IMO and nobody brings up his health concerns

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#969 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:54 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Not sure why everyone values Gordon so much, to me he's an under-performing, under-sized, uber-athletic PF. He's only had one good year where he averaged 17.6ppg but he's never been a great rebounder, leader or defensive stalwart. I don't see the great fit here either.

I like Isaac too but the guy can never seem to stay healthy. People give a lot of grief to MPJ about his health but Isaac's frail frame has limited his potential IMO and nobody brings up his health concerns

Yeah, I thought about that. But in Denver, I don't think he'd be a starter or even if he did start, he wouldn't need to play massive minutes and that might help him stay healthier.

Oh well, mostly I'd just prefer we wait and see what happens with our roster. During the season, or after the season, I have no doubt the front office will make some more changes. If Malone can form a 9-man rotation, or maybe 10-men; that will be my biggest desire for this year. With the talent we do have, a solid rotation can take us through the playoffs and make for a long-term contender.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#970 » by TunaFish » Tue Dec 1, 2020 3:36 pm

Canned in Denver.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#971 » by psimanic1 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 6:57 pm

I know that this is crazy to even think about, but what if our FO knows something we don't, like...If LAC fail to win it this year, you have both PG and Kawhi as FA. Lets say Kawhi wants to Denver, and we already know LAC wanted MPJ. What if we are keeping both Harris and Barton for salary matching? Like, we have Harris, Barton would have to take his PO, and I believe he will as I don't think he is getting that money after being 6th man this year, and then we have quite a few young guys LAC could be interesting in, like MPJ, Bol Bol, Dozier, Morris(S&T??), RJ, Nnaji?
That could be something to think about actually. Lakers will go for Giannis, and I don't think Kawhi will wait for Giannis to decide where is he going. Could he go back to TOR? Could he stay with LAC? Sure! But I think we have greate package to offer if he decides to sign with us trough S&T.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#972 » by The Rebel » Tue Dec 1, 2020 10:30 pm

I understand what he was trying to go for, but his methodology has some big issues, as shown by saying Karl Anthony Towns was the best value pick in the last 10 years. Also there is some faulty logic in that he does not account for the year picked. Toronto is so high despite missing on half of their draft picks due to them only picking 2 guys in the last 3 years, giving them a much higher average due to their average picks having had so longer in the league than other teams.

That being said it is nice to see us ranking so high.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#973 » by The Rebel » Tue Dec 1, 2020 10:38 pm

psimanic1 wrote:I know that this is crazy to even think about, but what if our FO knows something we don't, like...If LAC fail to win it this year, you have both PG and Kawhi as FA. Lets say Kawhi wants to Denver, and we already know LAC wanted MPJ. What if we are keeping both Harris and Barton for salary matching? Like, we have Harris, Barton would have to take his PO, and I believe he will as I don't think he is getting that money after being 6th man this year, and then we have quite a few young guys LAC could be interesting in, like MPJ, Bol Bol, Dozier, Morris(S&T??), RJ, Nnaji?
That could be something to think about actually. Lakers will go for Giannis, and I don't think Kawhi will wait for Giannis to decide where is he going. Could he go back to TOR? Could he stay with LAC? Sure! But I think we have greate package to offer if he decides to sign with us trough S&T.

If Barton has as good of a year this year as he did last year than I am 99% sure he opts out next year, when guys like Bogdanovic are getting paid $18 million a year he is likely to get considerably more than $14 million and also at least 3 years at that.

Also if Kawhi wants to come here why would we give up MPJ? We can create the cap space to sign him pretty easily. If Harris just stays at where he was last year I am sure we could move him for a 1st or 1 of our young guys. If Barton is still here then I think he can be moved for straight cap space if he does the same as this year. There are a lot of free agents and a lot of cap space available next year, it should not be as expensive as it was this year.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#974 » by psimanic1 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 10:43 pm

The Rebel wrote:
psimanic1 wrote:I know that this is crazy to even think about, but what if our FO knows something we don't, like...If LAC fail to win it this year, you have both PG and Kawhi as FA. Lets say Kawhi wants to Denver, and we already know LAC wanted MPJ. What if we are keeping both Harris and Barton for salary matching? Like, we have Harris, Barton would have to take his PO, and I believe he will as I don't think he is getting that money after being 6th man this year, and then we have quite a few young guys LAC could be interesting in, like MPJ, Bol Bol, Dozier, Morris(S&T??), RJ, Nnaji?

If Barton has as good of a year this year as he did last year than I am 99% sure he opts out next year, when guys like Bogdanovic are getting paid $18 million a year he is likely to get considerably more than $14 million and also at least 3 years at that.

Also if Kawhi wants to come here why would we give up MPJ? We can create the cap space to sign him pretty easily. If Harris just stays at where he was last year I am sure we could move him for a 1st or 1 of our young guys. If Barton is still here then I think he can be moved for straight cap space if he does the same as this year. There are a lot of free agents and a lot of cap space available next year, it should not be as expensive as it was this year.

Im not good with cap space, if we can, great, but i was thinking S&T is more realistic option
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#975 » by The Rebel » Tue Dec 1, 2020 11:06 pm

psimanic1 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Im not good with cap space, if we can, great, but i was thinking S&T is more realistic option

To force a sign and trade you either have to overpay in picks/prospects or have the ability to sign a guy directly with open cap space. I am sure that we can easily create the cap space for a lower price than a sign and trade would cost us. To sign Durant it really only cost the Warriors a 2nd round pick to dump Bogut and his $11 million dollar contract. Last year the Nets dumped Crabbe and Carroll for the cost of Nickel-Alexander and a future 1st, opening up the room to force the Warriors into a sign and trade where they dumped Russell and got a pick back for doing the deal with the Warriors.

There is no way a team would give up a prospect like MPJ for a sign and trade, but for a future pick or a guy like Bol it could be done.
skywalker33

Post#976 » by skywalker33 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 11:20 pm

psimanic1 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

I would love the idea of adding Kawhi to team with Jokic and MPJ, that would make us a dynasty-contender. And if he annouces that, how many teams are going to compete in a trade for just the rest of THIS season ??

I am with Rebel, can't see our offer be much more than Harris and Barton to match salaries, perhaps some draft pick but why not just wait until next season, get assets for Barton/Harris and create a team that the league would look at the way that they did when KD joined the Warriors.

eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,116

Post#977 » by eathb_au » Thu Dec 3, 2020 12:32 pm

Paul George is honestly who I'd consider going for as a FA target if Barton opts out.
eathb_au
Analyst

Post#978 » by eathb_au » Wed Dec 9, 2020 2:26 am

Hey all, I just thought of a move that would win us the championship

https://tradenba.com/trades/zZnVei6W1
skywalker33

Post#979 » by skywalker33 » Wed Dec 9, 2020 2:36 am

eathb_au wrote:Hey all, I just thought of a move that would win us the championship

H-E-DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS NO ! Harden would kill this team like he's doing to the Rockets right now.

eathb_au
Analyst

Post#980 » by eathb_au » Wed Dec 9, 2020 2:42 am

skywalker33 wrote:
eathb_au wrote:Hey all, I just thought of a move that would win us the championship

H-E-DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS NO ! Harden would kill this team like he's doing to the Rockets right now.

Jokic-Murray-Harden is a championship and you know it!

Return to Denver Nuggets