Mason Plumlee

Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Mason Plumlee 

Post#1 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:42 am

Plumlee has been a decent contributor to the Nuggets since his arrival. He brings a great attitude that is very team oriented. He isn't afraid of a challenge, and gives us a great effort when he is on the court.

With that said, is this his last year in Denver? Maybe, but maybe not.

It seems unlikely that he will get any minutes with Jokic this year, so his minutes will be diminished. We just have too many PFs beginning with Millsap and continuing with Grant, Vanderbilt, Cancar, and maybe Porter & Craig for a few minutes. In fact, Plumlee seems likely to have to struggle to get any minutes as using all of those forwards might include Millsap as a small-ball center.

Of course if his shooting improved a little bit ... ...
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Mason Plumlee 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:26 pm

I have been a Plumlee believer, but the playoffs this year have reversed my viewpoint. His defense has been shown to be less than adequate and trying that behind-the-back pass last night was ridiculous. He needs to leave that stuff to Jokic & Murray (and I hate when they do it too - mostly). Add in his lack of offense outside of those beautiful lob-dunks, and I'm ready to let him go.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#3 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:48 pm

I have never been a big fan of Plumlee, and I hope he is not brought back. For as great as he is in the lockerroom and as a passer, he is equally bad in the playoffs. He has a long history of under performing in the playoffs, and this year it cost us game 2 of this series. I think he finds a team that needs him the lockerroom and to start while some young guys develop, and I think they overpay him. I hope he likes it there and has a great end to his career, but he is not someone I want to see brought back.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#4 » by U hova » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:15 am

I kind of respect that he played from the heart. Perhaps my dislike for him is more a product of our coach's rotation, and in a different scene he might be a real X solid block. Didn't happen here, and probably could see that before it came time to extend him originally.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by The Rebel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:03 am

Plumlee has floated around the NBA because his lack of a jumpshot dramatically hurts his usefulness. He is not a guy who can score every time in the low post, he is not a good enough shooter to open the lane from the elbow, and his 3s is non-existent. In reality he is a hustle big who is a good passer for a C. For some teams that is good enough to start, so he gets overpaid for what his role is for this team. Going forward we cannot pay him a low end starting salary, with Murray, Jokic, and likely in 2 years MPJ getting max deals and Grant and Harris being paid what they are likely to get we just cannot afford to pay a backup Center more then the MLE and that is likely more than we would like.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 2:40 am

Just curious, what teams do you think will be interested in Plumlee ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by The Rebel » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:33 am

skywalker33 wrote:Just curious, what teams do you think will be interested in Plumlee ?

I can see the
Raptors depending on how things go with Ibaka and Gasol
Celtics need another C desperately
Houston is likely going to have to get a C to even get a head coach.

I can see Chicago, Charlotte, NO, and NYK wanting him as a placeholder starter who can help young guys develop. .

There are several others that I think will want him as a bench guy. Like the Clippers, Magic, and Heat.

I actually think we could keep him on a reasonable deal, but I don't think we want him back. We need a better defender than he is, and preferably one with real skills on offense.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#8 » by skywalker33 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:44 am

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Just curious, what teams do you think will be interested in Plumlee ?

I can see the

I can see Chicago, Charlotte, NO, and NYK wanting him as a placeholder starter who can help young guys develop. .

There are several others that I think will want him as a bench guy. Like the Clippers, Magic, and Heat.

I actually think we could keep him on a reasonable deal, but I don't think we want him back. We need a better defender than he is, and preferably one with real skills on offense.

That's a quite a few teams, would a S&T be a possibility ?? Small asset, hopefully draft pick and/or non-guarantees.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by The Rebel » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:47 am

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

I can see the

That's a quite a few teams, would a S&T be a possibility ?? Small asset, hopefully draft pick and/or non-guarantees.

Depends on where he goes, but I believe that contracts have to be fully guaranteed to be traded now.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#10 » by TunaFish » Sat Oct 3, 2020 5:45 am

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
I can see the

Depends on where he goes, but I believe that contracts have to be fully guaranteed to be traded now.

His contract demands will be a factor though. There are some cheaper options out there and some teams are going to have cap issues. I doubt he can get a contract as big as what the Nuggets recently gave him but who knows? Willie Cauley Stein would be a cheap replacement.
Canned in Denver.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#11 » by THE J0KER » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:05 am

Read on Twitter

Plumlee was a real "working horse", but his and Jokic's inability to play properly on the PF spot (compared to C) limited Plumlee's minutes just on the backup-center role (around 15mpg) which makes his 40/3 contract very bad.

Wish him all the best in Detroit, a team where he can get full playing time to prove he is starter level center for non-playoff teams.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:36 am

A good man, a good teammate with good skills. I think he'll fit even better in Detroit and I think he can help them on the court and in the lockerroom.

Thank you Mr. Mason Plumlee. We do appreciate what you have done in Denver and wish you all the best as you move on to new challenges!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:46 am

Read on Twitter

Classy letter from Plumlee. I hope Detroit treats him well.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#14 » by DaFan334 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:03 am

Classy letter from a true professional. Anyone have any idea where LoDi is?
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#15 » by U hova » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:16 am

Whenever I watch highlights of players from other teams Mason Plumlee's always there.

Return to Denver Nuggets