Juancho Hernangomez

Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Juancho Hernangomez 

Post#1 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Oct 2, 2019 5:22 pm

62 games his rookie year, 25 in year 2, and 70 games last year. Injuries and illness have hampered his career; that and being on a team with a lot of young talent.

His defense isn't terrible but it's not great. He occasionally makes a nice block but not enough to do more than make some highlights.

In my opinion, he's the perfect offensive option at SF with Jokic at center. He spreads the floor with his 44% 3pt shooting and he moves fairly well without the ball. He has a very low turnover rate but not many assists either.
Hellcrooner
Veteran
And1: 2,134

Re: Juancho Hernangomez 

Post#2 » by Hellcrooner » Sat Oct 5, 2019 6:32 pm

he needs much more minutes and touches than he is getting.

nuggets should showcase him for two months, then trade on high value.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Oct 5, 2019 9:31 pm

Hellcrooner wrote:he needs much more minutes and touches than he is getting.

nuggets should showcase him for two months, then trade on high value.

or give him more touches for two months and find out he's the perfect 5th starter with Jokic and keep him 8-) Not sure he proves that or not, but I have a feeling he just might prove it - worst case, I can see him as a nice 2nd or 3rd guy (or maybe 1st guy) off the bench
SkillzFromThe6
Junior
And1: 355

Post#4 » by SkillzFromThe6 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:55 pm

Read on Twitter
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,781

Post#5 » by TunaFish » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:42 pm

Letting the market dictate his value is no surprise. It is also a great incentive to the player.
Canned in Denver.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,781

Post#6 » by TunaFish » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:29 am

To my eyes, Hernangomez has been a massive disappointment. This guy proved early in his carrier that he could shoot well enough to be a spot up shooting forward. Now he can't shoot at all. He does not appear to be injured, moves well and even has a better sense of defensive placement but he is likely to clang an outside open shot.

Must be a mental thing.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:01 pm

I've heard it suggested he'll be retained on this team because of his relationship with Jokic, only way I can see that is he signs for the minimum which I don't see happening. I like Juancho but if you can get a 2nd or other asset for him at the deadline, I say do it (if for no other reason to help HIS career along).
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Feb 5, 2020 4:21 pm

We wish you well Juancho. You've been a solid Nugget and have many fans in "Denver" (including Wyoming :D ). I hope you receive enough minutes to show how good you truly are.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#9 » by THE J0KER » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:15 pm

But to your point, trading a guy like Juancho Hernangomez would take a toll on the locker room. He’s the epitome of a glue guy that everyone loves. I think that’s part of the conversation Denver’s front office is having. It’s hard to recreate chemistry, and Hernangomez is close with Nikola Jokic. As I’ve advocated, I also think it might be in his best basketball interest to get a fresh start. However, if injuries keep piling up, I could see them hanging up the phones.
skywalker33

Post#10 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 12:36 am

THE J0KER wrote:
But to your point, trading a guy like Juancho Hernangomez would take a toll on the locker room. He’s the epitome of a glue guy that everyone loves. I think that’s part of the conversation Denver’s front office is having. It’s hard to recreate chemistry, and Hernangomez is close with Nikola Jokic. As I’ve advocated, I also think it might be in his best basketball interest to get a fresh start. However, if injuries keep piling up, I could see them hanging up the phones.

Seems like you're trying to call out someone out on the carpet....anonymously. Hmmmm.........doesn't seem right....for a Mod that is :banghead:

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#11 » by THE J0KER » Fri Feb 7, 2020 1:04 am

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

Seems like you're trying to call out someone out on the carpet....anonymously. Hmmmm.........doesn't seem right....for a Mod that is :banghead:

I'm not sure what upset you so much here. It is just one interesting quote from DENVER POST article about this subject.

Nuggets Mailbag: Could a trade disrupt Denver’s great team chemistry?
skywalker33

Post#12 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 9:42 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

I'm not sure what upset you so much here. It is just one interesting quote from DENVER POST article about this subject.

Nuggets Mailbag: Could a trade disrupt Denver’s great team chemistry?

Not upset just commenting on the post with no context...my opinion that's all.

skywalker33

Post#13 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 9:57 pm

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Juancho play ball over in Europe next year, he never really seemed comfortable here. I do hope he makes a decent contribution in MIN given he finally has an opportunity where he SHOULD excel.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#14 » by THE J0KER » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:41 am

skywalker33 wrote:I really wouldn't be surprised to see Juancho play ball over in Europe next year, he never really seemed comfortable here. I do hope he makes a decent contribution in MIN given he finally has an opportunity where he SHOULD excel.
I will be very surprised. He is a true team player who looks happy with his USA life, while other Spaniards which was back to play in Spain (Navarro, Rudy, Mirotic, Rodriguez...) you always can note that "better to be a superstar in Europe than a role player in the NBA" vibe and some kind of overall unhappiness with NBA. Juancho will back to Europe only if he does not get any fair chance, and with part his ways with Malone, I don't see that fate will continue.

Return to Denver Nuggets