ImageImageImage

Must win games

Moderator: THE J0KER

LeverRed
Ballboy
And1: 16

Must win games 

Post#1 » by LeverRed » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:24 pm

To be an elite team in the west we must win these games against the weak eastern conference , especially at home these are where we are going to pad our record In order to stay ahead of the strong Western Conference teams such as the Clippers , jazz and Lakers. We particularly cannot afford a second loss in a row at home to the East.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: Must win games 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:17 pm

No offense but this is either premature (only 10 games into the season) or just being Captain Obvious. That said though, we do already have 2 home losses, we only had 7 home losses all last season not keeping the same pace.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
LeverRed
Ballboy

Post#3 » by LeverRed » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:27 pm

Captain obvious says our record is gonna be much worse this season unless play improves dramatically . On a side note I feel like Barton is playing well
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:44 pm

LeverRed wrote:Captain obvious says our record is gonna be much worse this season unless play improves dramatically . On a side note I feel like Barton is playing well

LOL If we just maintain this same pace we'll end up with 56 wins (just as I predicted), a bit better than last years record, Captain !
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:32 am

Captain Obvious would also point out that we haven't exactly had a rough schedule to start:
@ Portland - tough
v Phonix
@ Sacramento
v Mavericks
@ New Orleans
@ Orlando
v Miami - a little tough
v Philly - tough
@ Minnesota
v Atlanta
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#6 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:12 pm

How to win games? Here are some stats that give hints:
28th in the league in 1st quarter scoring
29th in the league in 2nd quarter scoring
20th in the league in 3rd quarter scoring
15th in the league in 4th quarter scoring

Sure would be nice if the Nuggets could be more effective in the first half.

28th in FG%
16th in 3P% - We need more open shots or perhaps we need to take the open shots. It seems like sometimes everyone is afraid to shoot because they know they are supposed to pass.

24th in FTA - If our best offense is Jokic at the top of the key with movement around him, we should be seeing lots of points in the paint. We are currently ranked 19th in points in the paint. It's all about hustle.

19th in FB defense - Fast Break Defense - it's all about hustle.
LeverRed
Ballboy

Post#7 » by LeverRed » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:47 pm

I would like to see them put a complete game together , This team has been together for a while It would sure be nice if roles were clearly defined, For as long as this team has been together you think that they would get off to a better start to the season defensively and offensively, I am becoming increasingly worried about Jamal Murray his shooting has been terrible so far this season , Maybe it’s time to give Monte Morris a shot at the starting point guard position. I do know it’s early in the season but this is when good habits are formed and carried on throughout the season this is very much unlike last year
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#8 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:41 am

NuggetsWY wrote:How to win games? Here are some stats that give hints:
28th in the league in 1st quarter scoring
29th in the league in 2nd quarter scoring
20th in the league in 3rd quarter scoring
15th in the league in 4th quarter scoring

Sure would be nice if the Nuggets could be more effective in the first half.

28th in FG%
16th in 3P% - We need more open shots or perhaps we need to take the open shots. It seems like sometimes everyone is afraid to shoot because they know they are supposed to pass.

24th in FTA - If our best offense is Jokic at the top of the key with movement around him, we should be seeing lots of points in the paint. We are currently ranked 19th in points in the paint. It's all about hustle.

19th in FB defense - Fast Break Defense - it's all about hustle.

I was going to disagree with you, but you may be right, guys may be double thinking things. While it is great to have quality depth, we have too much depth. Any of them outside of Jokic and Murray can go from starting games to out of the rotation with a couple of bad games. It would explain why so many seem to hesitate before the shoot even wide open shots.

The best offense does not work if nobody is hitting their shots. Teams are now packing the paint and daring us to beat them, last year while half the team was out or playing hurt we were hitting everything, this year we are bad most of the time. Guys are shooting more long twos this year as well. Until we start hitting our 3s the offense is going to look bad.

I would argue that the fast break defense is not just about hustle, it is the results of long distance shots that are taken way to fast. It seems like 10-15 times a game the offense never even gets set up before someone is shooting a 3. It takes a second when you are posting up or cutting the lane to judge the rebound and/or get back on defense.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#9 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:46 am

We all know that the team is struggling on offense right now and are winning games on defense and last 2nd shots from Jokic. To me these games have proven a lot, championship teams win even when they have been bad nights on offense, last year we lost more of those types of games than we won. If you are a good team you will win most games when you are playing well, but overcoming those bad nights is when a team starts to become great. As guys gain their confidence back and start hitting outside shots our offense will get better, and we have a top quality defense, why are people panicking?

Return to Denver Nuggets