Post#1 » by ducler » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:47 pm

Read on Twitter
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Game 11: Denver Nuggets (7-3) vs Brooklyn Nets (4-6) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:28 am

I figure the best thing I can figure is that I'll watch the game - very late on streaming since Dish & Altitude are still squabbling. I figure I'm done figuring what the Nuggets might do because they are so inconsistent and that's about all the figuring I figure I can figure.
LeverRed
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#3 » by LeverRed » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:07 am

Fire stick , download gears tv 15.50 a month for everything and I mean everything
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Maybe the Nuggets want to be known as the Comeback Kids ?? Eight down Sixty-eight to go...
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:32 pm

LeverRed wrote:Fire stick , download gears tv 15.50 a month for everything and I mean everything

I only see League Pass and that means Nuggets' games are delayed by a couple of days. I use a streaming service now and am okay with that. If the League Pass on Gears TV doesn't require the delay ... I'll look into it a little more - THANKS!
SkillzFromThe6
Junior
And1: 355

Post#6 » by SkillzFromThe6 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:34 pm

I don't know about y'all but I do not like how the Nuggets are playing this season. They're not playing the same as last year.

I'm curious to see how they play against Rockets (even though they always struggle vs them) and the Celtics.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#7 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:52 pm

Was anybody else getting really tired of Webber going on and on about body language and Denver's terrible defense this year? Especially since we have the 5th best defense in the league going off of defensive rating? Sure it was not great last night, but anybody who has watched this team the last 2 years knows that we are a 2nd half team and had the best 4th quarter defense in the league last season.

I think having Juancho come off the bench opened the floor up for Plumlee and the guards pretty dramatically, while he shot like crap he only took a couple of shots and made a difference with his energy and hustle. It looked weird to have 3 forwards and a Center out there with Morris, but it worked so maybe we will see it more?

Grant and Morris both seem to finally be playing better as well.

If Murray is hurting so bad that it is affecting his shot and his ability to even jump as it appeared last night, than he needs to sit a couple of games. I love that he wants to play and always does what he can, but the training and coaching staff need to stop him on nights like last night.

I did not realize it before last night, but I think Harris needs the ball in his hands more often to truly be effective on offense. Thinking back prior to the injury last year he and Jokic did a lot of dribble hand offs and pick and rolls for most of his career, and than we he came back he played almost solely off ball and started the same way this year, I don't think it was a coincidence that he had the ball more last night and shot considerably better than he had been.

Millsap is a step slow on the help defense this year, but he is more than making up for it on offense and rebounding as he steps in when we need him most.

Barton has went back to playing as he did prior to signing this contract, and he is a difference maker and a guy that we need at SF. While I would still look to upgrade if possible, I am no longer so worried about finding a starting SF.

MPJ's lack of defense is astounding. I expected him to be bad but his awareness on that end kills the defense once he steps on the floor.

I know everybody is trying to figure out what is going on with Jokic, but I really do not see the cause for concern. This year teams are packing the paint and daring us to beat them from outside. When guys are not making their shots than Jokic is not going to get assists and with him jacking up long 2s and 3s his shooting percentage will go down. I think if a couple of guys can start hitting their outside shots with consistency like they used to do than the whole paint opens and Jokic will be the same guy he was last year. I do worry that his 3 shooting is not looking good after a bad year last year, hopefully they can get that fixed. He still struggles guarding athletic undersized Centers like last night, but he did a great job against Embiid and Kat.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#8 » by skywalker33 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:09 pm

Does anyone know how the Nets can have 18 players on their roster ?? Doesn't Chandler count even though he suspended ? Are 2 of those their 2-way players ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:04 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Does anyone know how the Nets can have 18 players on their roster ?? Doesn't Chandler count even though he suspended ? Are 2 of those their 2-way players ?

Chandler doesn't count until sometime in December.

No doubt two of their players are two-way players.

A team that has a G-League affiliated team can have four "affiliated" players on their G-League roster that are still listed on the NBA team. I do believe the two-way players count in that number. The others are probably what are called "Exhibit 10" players. I'm not an expert, but that would give a team with a G-League affiliated team control of four extra players (19 total) while teams without a G-League affiliated team only control two extra players (17 total).
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,787

Post#10 » by TunaFish » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:27 am

The Rebel wrote:Was anybody else getting really tired of Webber going on and on about body language and Denver's terrible defense this year? Especially since we have the 5th best defense in the league going off of defensive rating? Sure it was not great last night, but anybody who has watched this team the last 2 years knows that we are a 2nd half team and had the best 4th quarter defense in the league last season.

I think having Juancho come off the bench opened the floor up for Plumlee and the guards pretty dramatically, while he shot like crap he only took a couple of shots and made a difference with his energy and hustle. It looked weird to have 3 forwards and a Center out there with Morris, but it worked so maybe we will see it more?

Grant and Morris both seem to finally be playing better as well.

If Murray is hurting so bad that it is affecting his shot and his ability to even jump as it appeared last night, than he needs to sit a couple of games. I love that he wants to play and always does what he can, but the training and coaching staff need to stop him on nights like last night.

I did not realize it before last night, but I think Harris needs the ball in his hands more often to truly be effective on offense. Thinking back prior to the injury last year he and Jokic did a lot of dribble hand offs and pick and rolls for most of his career, and than we he came back he played almost solely off ball and started the same way this year, I don't think it was a coincidence that he had the ball more last night and shot considerably better than he had been.

Millsap is a step slow on the help defense this year, but he is more than making up for it on offense and rebounding as he steps in when we need him most.

Barton has went back to playing as he did prior to signing this contract, and he is a difference maker and a guy that we need at SF. While I would still look to upgrade if possible, I am no longer so worried about finding a starting SF.

MPJ's lack of defense is astounding. I expected him to be bad but his awareness on that end kills the defense once he steps on the floor.

I know everybody is trying to figure out what is going on with Jokic, but I really do not see the cause for concern. This year teams are packing the paint and daring us to beat them from outside. When guys are not making their shots than Jokic is not going to get assists and with him jacking up long 2s and 3s his shooting percentage will go down. I think if a couple of guys can start hitting their outside shots with consistency like they used to do than the whole paint opens and Jokic will be the same guy he was last year. I do worry that his 3 shooting is not looking good after a bad year last year, hopefully they can get that fixed. He still struggles guarding athletic undersized Centers like last night, but he did a great job against Embiid and Kat.

Webber did make one point that I agree with: the intensity at times is not there. Last night intensity showed up with the bench play in the 2nd half but the starters have not played their best. Motivation will improve for the whole team later in the season.

I do agree that there is no cause for concern with Jokic. Even when he is bad he is still pretty good.

Murray is the biggest concern for me. I am not sure if injury is at fault because I have seen this before with him (early in the season) and usually he snaps out of it. The sooner the better.
Canned in Denver.

Return to Denver Nuggets