Post#1 » by ducler » Sun Dec 8, 2019 5:29 pm

Read on Twitter
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Game 21: Denver Nuggets (14-6) @ Brooklyn Nets (12-10) - 3:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Dec 8, 2019 6:31 pm

Small ball - lots of small ball from Brooklyn - that means lots of motion - Denver needs to bring energy
SkillzFromThe6
Junior
And1: 355

Post#3 » by SkillzFromThe6 » Sun Dec 8, 2019 9:12 pm

Nuggets need to take Will off Dinwiddie, he's just getting blown by every single time and it's leading to an alley oop to Jarrett Allen or a Spencer drive.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#4 » by Manolito » Sun Dec 8, 2019 10:31 pm

Malones needs to go.

This team has no soul.

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using RealGM mobile app
oligo
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#5 » by oligo » Sun Dec 8, 2019 10:42 pm

Manolito wrote:This team has no soul.

+1
#FireVlade
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#6 » by THE J0KER » Sun Dec 8, 2019 10:43 pm

4 loses in 5 games.

Team obviously lost his momentum.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#7 » by The Rebel » Mon Dec 9, 2019 12:31 am

Manolito wrote:Malones needs to go.

This team has no soul.

I doubt Malone is fired anytime soon. I wish he would quit calling plays every time down the court though. If you watch every time the team comes down the court the PGs are looking at Malone and getting plays called. It is Malone calling this constant iso and pick and rolls. It obviously ain't working.

I do think it is time for a trade, but I think they need to get a true starting SF, it is obvious that Barton is struggling on defense right now. He just is not big enough for some guys or fast enough for others. He is a bench guy. It may also wake up the team as well, as you are right it has no soul right now.
SkillzFromThe6
Junior
And1: 355

Post#8 » by SkillzFromThe6 » Mon Dec 9, 2019 1:58 am

The Rebel wrote:

This team has no soul.

I doubt Malone is fired anytime soon. I wish he would quit calling plays every time down the court though. If you watch every time the team comes down the court the PGs are looking at Malone and getting plays called. It is Malone calling this constant iso and pick and rolls. It obviously ain't working.

I do think it is time for a trade, but I think they need to get a true starting SF, it is obvious that Barton is struggling on defense right now. He just is not big enough for some guys or fast enough for others. He is a bench guy. It may also wake up the team as well, as you are right it has no soul right now.

I hate the narrative the local media guys in Denver give that Barton is such a good defender now because of his defensive rating. He's a terrible off-ball defender and on-ball he's decent. He's like a highlight defender.

Doesn't defensive rebounding come into play with defensive rating? I need clarification. Will gets a lot of free ones and I'm wondering if that counts to his defensive rating?

I miss Craig.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Dec 9, 2019 3:26 am

Malone calling the plays - sure seems like our best offense in years past involved Jokic getting the ball around the top of the key and everyone else moving and cutting. Seems like I've posted this at least a couple years before this year.

We are 26th in FTA @ 20 FTA per game but only had 14 in this game. Free throws usually mean "heading to the basket" - not exclusively but a lot of those calls come there.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#10 » by THE J0KER » Mon Dec 9, 2019 5:49 am

This team has no soul.
It is not a question of the team soul, but Malone's overall season's strategy to play with just 80% of the efforts on the road, so if opponent enough bad to lose, we will win, otherwise many mediocre teams have nice chance to beat us. Our records at home and on the road past two seasons are 34-7//20-21 and 31-10//15-26, which is actually a legit strategy in some cases, but I don't see the logic of using it for the team this deep, with ability to fight with everyone all season long. We have a great 5-1 start on the road this season and lead in Sacramento +17 at halftime, so just when you think it is over with that wrong tactics, it is back once again in full force.

The Rebel wrote:I doubt Malone is fired anytime soon. I wish he would quit calling plays every time down the court though. If you watch every time the team comes down the court the PGs are looking at Malone and getting plays called. It is Malone calling this constant iso and pick and rolls. It obviously ain't working.

I used 4qtr stats two seasons ago to show how "called actions" killing Jokic and Harris productivity and efficiency in the final quarter when Malone used it (unlike in the rest of the games where players have freedom), with even often bizarre cases when our franchise player was put on the bench in the final two minutes of the game. Then last season Malone suddenly discovered that Jokic can be useful in the clutch moments, actually the best in the league in clutch time. Even with Nikola slow and the disappointing start of this season, he was still great in the final moments of tight games. But right from nowhere Malone starts once again to insist on these ridiculous calls, including last-minute shots, so instead Jokic actions we have Barton/Murray called iso "hero balls" in the last 5 games. BTW, Denver offensive rating in the 4th quarter is #25 (#28 TS%), where a number of Malone called actions are highest.

We are so happy last season because of our defense improvement, but this season we improved even more, into a really elite defensive team. Unfortunately, our offense is broken right now, so we can't see much of the benefits from such defense.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#11 » by Manolito » Mon Dec 9, 2019 2:43 pm

No mention to Barton's last Shot?

Still 11secs remaining, very bad contested Shot, was that really the best option?

Nuggets were only down by one!!

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Dec 9, 2019 8:18 pm

How about 10+ minutes before when Plumlee took a 3 with 15 seconds left on the shot clock?
Manolito wrote:No mention to Barton's last Shot?

Still 11secs remaining, very bad contested Shot, was that really the best option?

Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#13 » by Maf » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:44 pm

Manolito wrote:No mention to Barton's last Shot?

Seriously? Again? :noway: Yeah like let's forget he hit that big three minute before. Let's forget he fought like warrior to get rebound on next possesion against Allen who had six off rebounds in the game. No, let's rather blame this game on our whipping boy because he took one bad shot.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne

Return to Denver Nuggets