ImageImageImage

Game 61: Denver Nuggets (41-19) vs. Golden State Warriors (13-48) - 9:00 PM ET

Moderator: THE J0KER

NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: Game 61: Denver Nuggets (41-19) vs. Golden State Warriors (13-48) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#21 » by NippySudz » Thu Mar 5, 2020 8:08 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I would say the problem remains as one of the entire team. We do not have any passion, desire, emotion toward's winning. The team just seems to go with the flow. That comes from the leadership. Until this team has a leader that can inspire others to achieve, it seems unlikely the team is going to be very successful.

Jokic he is our leader, and easily our best player. But he is very laid back. In my opinion what we need is, somebody with some strong leadership and intensity.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

I agree with you. I'm not a nuggets fan, but I do like watching them play, but what i've noticed is that when the game needs someone to take over, Jokic gets passive. I wouldn't really call it passive, but he plays the same way in the 3rd as he does the 4th. He subscribes to basketball being a team sport to a T and that should be a good thing, but in the nba you have superstars. Superstars can win teams games. As a superstar, I believe he should take over when he senses the momentum is in favor of the opposing team. I believe he has the capabilities of taking over a stretch. He's done it in the past, he just should do it more often and against better elite teams.

Here's hoping MPJ develops into that killer guy who can take over in games.

I also get the sense that Jokic doesn't put in enough work in the off season judging by his conditioning. For the past two years as I can remember, he comes in out of shape and uses the first month or so getting back into shape a la shaq. The tone has to be set from training camp. He lost 25lbs just by playing basketball this season. That suggests to me he wasn't working out. Maybe a nugget fan can inform me if I'm ignorant on the topic, but that's how it comes across.

Jokic conditioning has always been questioned yet he he always produces, what more can you want. Nobody questions why Curry takes more time to heal, yet Jokic plays EVERY game, what more do you want ??

No one questions curry because he's won at the highest level already and two, everyone knows they're being super cautious with injuries if you been following golden State at all. With Klay being out for the yr and it being a down yr, they're not trying to rush anything.

Shaq did the same thing as jokic but he knew when to take over games more often than not. Jokic does but not enough.

16pts against the worst team in the league when you're a dominant big man..isn't producing. I do believes he's the most skilled center and has the best IQ of all the centers.

I'm not hating on jokic, just my opinion.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: Game 61: Denver Nuggets (41-19) vs. Golden State Warriors (13-48) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#22 » by NippySudz » Thu Mar 5, 2020 8:15 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
I agree with you. I'm not a nuggets fan, but I do like watching them play, but what i've noticed is that when the game needs someone to take over, Jokic gets passive. I wouldn't really call it passive, but he plays the same way in the 3rd as he does the 4th. He subscribes to basketball being a team sport to a T and that should be a good thing, but in the nba you have superstars. Superstars can win teams games. As a superstar, I believe he should take over when he senses the momentum is in favor of the opposing team. I believe he has the capabilities of taking over a stretch. He's done it in the past, he just should do it more often and against better elite teams.

Here's hoping MPJ develops into that killer guy who can take over in games.

I also get the sense that Jokic doesn't put in enough work in the off season judging by his conditioning. For the past two years as I can remember, he comes in out of shape and uses the first month or so getting back into shape a la shaq. The tone has to be set from training camp. He lost 25lbs just by playing basketball this season. That suggests to me he wasn't working out. Maybe a nugget fan can inform me if I'm ignorant on the topic, but that's how it comes across.

Jokic conditioning has always been questioned yet he he always produces, what more can you want. Nobody questions why Curry takes more time to heal, yet Jokic plays EVERY game, what more do you want ??

:reporter: This report brought to everyone by someone who has actually watched the Nuggets more than one or two games. :cowboy: As Skywalker said, we hear this "out of shape" all the time. Perhaps he could work out harder during the off season but some of those that work out harder during the off season end up missing a bunch of games during the year (often due to time managment). I'll stick with my view that Jokic is the #1 center in the league right now and I'll tolerate his "out of shape at the start of the season" - because 82 games later is when it all matters.
If you have to take that, sure but by his own admittance, it alludes to that he didn't stay in shape. How do you lose that much weight just by playing if you're in shape?

I just think coming into camp ready while the league is wide open this year would have set the tone for the rest of the team like hey we're not effing around this yr. We're ready.

But that might be hyperbole on my part and that stuff doesn't matter

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#23 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Mar 5, 2020 8:27 pm

NippySudz wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Jokic conditioning has always been questioned yet he he always produces, what more can you want. Nobody questions why Curry takes more time to heal, yet Jokic plays EVERY game, what more do you want ??

:reporter: This report brought to everyone by someone who has actually watched the Nuggets more than one or two games. :cowboy: As Skywalker said, we hear this "out of shape" all the time. Perhaps he could work out harder during the off season but some of those that work out harder during the off season end up missing a bunch of games during the year (often due to time managment). I'll stick with my view that Jokic is the #1 center in the league right now and I'll tolerate his "out of shape at the start of the season" - because 82 games later is when it all matters.
If you have to take that, sure but by his own admittance, it alludes to that he didn't stay in shape. How do you lose that much weight just by playing if you're in shape?

I just think coming into camp ready while the league is wide open this year would have set the tone for the rest of the team like hey we're not effing around this yr. We're ready.

But that might be hyperbole on my part and that stuff doesn't matter

Kawhi's version of time management is to skip games.
Jokic's version of time management is to enjoy his off season.
Not much difference - and at least Jokic's version means he's playing every game.

Return to Denver Nuggets