Nikola Jokic COVID19 positive

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Nikola Jokic COVID19 positive 

Post#1 » by THE J0KER » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:45 pm

Unfortunately, rumors, why Nikola is still not back to USA, now seems 99% true.
Read on Twitter

I'm from Serbia, as You know, and I'm right now so angry on my government which obviously completely faked our coronavirus June stats because we have general elections on Sunday, so they wanted to look "super successful" in fighting COVID-19 proclaiming full victory and almost virus-free country last 5 weeks. In sports events, there were soccer games with 20K crowd, the world's biggest tennis tournament (with the crowd!) since lockdown, as well small events like this retirement EXO game of Nikola Jokic most important pre-NBA coach, which he attended.

So, both Serbia's biggest sports superstars with nickname Joker (and in general) are so badly punished because they believe their government's data. :upset: :upset: :upset:
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Nikola Jokic COVID19 positive 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:27 am

So does this mean he should have the anti-bodies ???
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#3 » by TunaFish » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:36 am

Let's hope he continues to be asymptomatic.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:45 am

Not sure what the current rules are, but last I heard, players were required to be in their team's home area by June 23rd for US players and June 30th for non-US players. It doesn't seem they are adhering to that restriction but they also aren't being very open about where players are and so forth.

If a player is positive or was positive; does that mean they are excluded from the last 8 games in the re-start as well as the playoffs? If that's the case, does it make sense for Denver to even go to Orlando if Jokic isn't allowed to play? Why take the risk?
skywalker33

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:52 am

I heard foreign players were supposed to be here June 15th, COVID19 providing clues as to why he's late.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#6 » by THE J0KER » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:52 am

skywalker33 wrote:I heard foreign players were supposed to be here June 15th, COVID19 providing clues as to why he's late.

I heard the same version and the unofficial reason why Jokic didn't back to the USA before 15.6. is his self-quarantine status after the first news that some participants of that EXO event were positive on coronavirus. Now is confirmed not only that he is really in isolation, but unfortunately that he is infected too. I think we can count with almost 90% probability that Jokic is infected on June 11th (date of that EXO event), so he is probably already on Day 14th of his infection. If that is the case, and his COVID19 case is 'typical', Nikola should be no more infectious to others already at some point this week! He obviously has no symptoms, no way his medical care in Serbia would be successfully hidden.
skywalker33

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:27 pm

HEaring the "Jokic was being irresponsible" line being tossed around. Perhaps there is some truth in that but no more so than anyone rioting/looting, shopping w/o a mask, working in a bubble....just people wanting to criticize. This virus ' main characteristic is how communicable it is, I'd bet over 40% of the WORLDS population has already caught some strain of it already.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#8 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:07 pm

skywalker33 wrote:HEaring the "Jokic was being irresponsible" line being tossed around. Perhaps there is some truth in that but no more so than anyone rioting/looting, shopping w/o a mask, working in a bubble....just people wanting to criticize. This virus ' main characteristic is how communicable it is, I'd bet over 40% of the WORLDS population has already caught some strain of it already.

Stupid people make stupid statements - the only way to be totally safe from any virus is to live 100 miles away from the nearest person and never allow them closer. Most of us have probably been exposed - or at least exposed to someone who has been exposed. That's how a virus works. So I think your 40% estimate is correct and probably the number is much higher.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#9 » by TunaFish » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:58 am

This upcoming tournament will be dependent on who is willing or able to play (looking at Bradley of the Lakers). I am wondering if Jokic will be positive for the virus for sometime and will not be available to the Nuggets. Also, I am starting to wonder if he might have some problems, not just because of possible symptoms, but because of US entry regulations.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#10 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:35 pm

News today the Nuggets have closed their facilities due to COVID-19 concerns. Just a precaution ??

TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#11 » by TunaFish » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:03 pm

skywalker33 wrote:News today the Nuggets have closed their facilities due to COVID-19 concerns. Just a precaution ??

They have had an outbreak at the Pepsi Center with members of the traveling party. They don't say who.
Canned in Denver.

Return to Denver Nuggets