ImageImageImage

Nuggets Free Agents

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

Which Free Agents do the Nuggets sign this off-season? (Choose up to ALL.)

Paul Millsap
7
13%
Mason Plumlee
6
11%
Jerami Grant
18
33%
Torrey Craig
8
15%
Noah Vonleh
3
5%
Troy Daniels
1
2%
PJ Dozier
12
22%
 
Total votes: 55

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,922
And1: 7,353
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#61 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:30 pm

There was a picture of Millsap's jersey reportedly being available from the Mavericks on NBA.com this morning, don't know if it was real or a photoshop, but I think it is an interesting fit. With Powell out with an Achilles I can see them needing a 4th big, but is he going to sign for the taxpayer MLE? Can we get something from them? Outside of Doncic and Porzingis the only 2 guys I have interest in is Kleber and Seth Curry, but I do not see them trading either of them for Millsap.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,922
And1: 7,353
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#62 » by The Rebel » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:49 am

Read on Twitter


I hope some team overpays him, he is okay as a bench defender, but Malone loves to overuse him.

I wonder if some team will give us a 2nd and come to an agreement with him tomorrow? It would be nice to have another pick in this draft.
TunaFish
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,810
And1: 3,011
Joined: Apr 08, 2005

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#63 » by TunaFish » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:55 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Read on Twitter


I hope some team overpays him, he is okay as a bench defender, but Malone loves to overuse him.

I wonder if some team will give us a 2nd and come to an agreement with him tomorrow? It would be nice to have another pick in this draft.


That says to me they intend to bring Craig back, no one is going to give up a pick for Craig.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,922
And1: 7,353
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#64 » by The Rebel » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:18 pm

TunaFish wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Read on Twitter


I hope some team overpays him, he is okay as a bench defender, but Malone loves to overuse him.

I wonder if some team will give us a 2nd and come to an agreement with him tomorrow? It would be nice to have another pick in this draft.


That says to me they intend to bring Craig back, no one is going to give up a pick for Craig.


In a world where Jrue HOliday brings back 3 1sts and 2 pick options and picks are sold all the time I don't think teams value 2nds near as much as fans do.

That being said I can easily see a team like the Kings or Hawks way overpaying for Craig, they are desperate for perimeter defense and even overpaid he should not be making more than $4 million a year. I would hope we wouldn't match that.
TunaFish
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,810
And1: 3,011
Joined: Apr 08, 2005

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#65 » by TunaFish » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:27 pm

The Rebel wrote:
TunaFish wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Read on Twitter


I hope some team overpays him, he is okay as a bench defender, but Malone loves to overuse him.

I wonder if some team will give us a 2nd and come to an agreement with him tomorrow? It would be nice to have another pick in this draft.


That says to me they intend to bring Craig back, no one is going to give up a pick for Craig.


In a world where Jrue HOliday brings back 3 1sts and 2 pick options and picks are sold all the time I don't think teams value 2nds near as much as fans do.

That being said I can easily see a team like the Kings or Hawks way overpaying for Craig, they are desperate for perimeter defense and even overpaid he should not be making more than $4 million a year. I would hope we wouldn't match that.


At the same time we have to fill out a roster and we are going to need some veterans on moderate to cheap contracts. So will a lot of teams. Craig is not my favorite and I would love an upgrade but if he comes back on a cheap contract and fills a need, so be it. There is no other reason for the Nuggets to make him restricted. I just don't see any other team having that much interest, even in an environment where picks are like hot cakes at a church bazaar.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,933
And1: 4,221
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#66 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:35 pm

Finding it a bit odd why Torrey Craig was tendered unless we're looking to trade him, I see him as easily upgradable.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,922
And1: 7,353
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#67 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:37 am

TunaFish wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
TunaFish wrote:
That says to me they intend to bring Craig back, no one is going to give up a pick for Craig.


In a world where Jrue HOliday brings back 3 1sts and 2 pick options and picks are sold all the time I don't think teams value 2nds near as much as fans do.

That being said I can easily see a team like the Kings or Hawks way overpaying for Craig, they are desperate for perimeter defense and even overpaid he should not be making more than $4 million a year. I would hope we wouldn't match that.


At the same time we have to fill out a roster and we are going to need some veterans on moderate to cheap contracts. So will a lot of teams. Craig is not my favorite and I would love an upgrade but if he comes back on a cheap contract and fills a need, so be it. There is no other reason for the Nuggets to make him restricted. I just don't see any other team having that much interest, even in an environment where picks are like hot cakes at a church bazaar.


2 years ago when we signed Craig he reportedly had a higher offer elsewhere and chose to come back here.

Remember when Dahntay Jones went to Indiana from here? He got a 4 year deal for half the MLE, I can see Craig getting that. He has a huge reputation as a defensive specialists that can guard the perimeter, that has value around the league. His qualifying offer is only $2.5 million so it is not much more than the minimum, but I can see teams willing to give him a 2 year $4-5 million per year deal to get him from us. I can certainly see team's willing to give up a future 2nd to keep that to the $4 million per year with this situation.
Frankie23
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,530
And1: 306
Joined: Apr 27, 2010
   

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#68 » by Frankie23 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Are the Nuggets signing Facundo Campazzo from Real Madrid?

If so, Wow! He’s a terrific undersize player. Much much better than prime Barea. Would be a joy to watch him with Jokic, Murray and core.


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RealGM Forums
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,303
And1: 3,462
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#69 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:36 pm

Frankie23 wrote:Are the Nuggets signing Facundo Campazzo from Real Madrid?

If so, Wow! He’s a terrific undersize player. Much much better than prime Barea. Would be a joy to watch him with Jokic, Murray and core.

Haven't heard anything like that. It would surprise me if they did. He's rather short and his 3pt shooting isn't very good. Plus he's 29 years old. I doubt he'd be in their long-range plans and the Nuggets are loaded with guards - and just drafted another plus signed a short, 3pt shooter to a two-way contract. So Campazzo would be about eighth on the depth chart.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,922
And1: 7,353
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#70 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:37 pm

Frankie23 wrote:Are the Nuggets signing Facundo Campazzo from Real Madrid?

If so, Wow! He’s a terrific undersize player. Much much better than prime Barea. Would be a joy to watch him with Jokic, Murray and core.


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RealGM Forums


I have not heard anything, but you are the 2nd poster on here to say that there are reports saying we are doing it, so I would not be surprised.
User avatar
psimanic1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,843
And1: 796
Joined: Jul 14, 2014

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#71 » by psimanic1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:45 pm

Why is PJ there, didnt he sign like 2 3 year deal before the playoffs or something?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,922
And1: 7,353
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#72 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:34 pm

psimanic1 wrote:Why is PJ there, didnt he sign like 2 3 year deal before the playoffs or something?


Yes he signed before the bubble, but the op missed it and thought he was still on the 2 way deal.
Manolito
Junior
Posts: 304
And1: 208
Joined: Dec 29, 2018
   

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#73 » by Manolito » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:59 pm

We payed Millsap 90M for a very underwhelming performance, and he is going to evaluate the market carefully before taking any decission.

Thanks for his gratitude. We don't need him, he is washed

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,933
And1: 4,221
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#74 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:47 pm

Manolito wrote:We payed Millsap 90M for a very underwhelming performance, and he is going to evaluate the market carefully before taking any decission.

Thanks for his gratitude. We don't need him, he is washed

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app


You are sorely underestimating Millsaps contributions to this team. He helped change the culture, provided much needed defense as well as leadership to help this team become a contender
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,922
And1: 7,353
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#75 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:22 am

Manolito wrote:We payed Millsap 90M for a very underwhelming performance, and he is going to evaluate the market carefully before taking any decission.

Thanks for his gratitude. We don't need him, he is washed

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app


Millsap brought exactly what he was brought here to do, he was an declining all star that could play and role while helping the young guys grow. I agree with Skywalker, he was worth every penny. Everybody knows that the Nuggets cannot afford to pay him market value and keep the younger Grant, he has every right to shop for the best deal for him and I hope we help him if needed.
Riko
Rookie
Posts: 1,028
And1: 646
Joined: Dec 17, 2015
   

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#76 » by Riko » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:48 am

Well, while I agree about Millsap's importance in helping the young Nuggets it is true that in 2019 summer the managment did him a biiiiiiig favour to pick his TO... Denver pay him 30m when his market value was about 10-15m, at the time I really thought there was a unwritten agreement and he wuold resign this season for veteran minimun
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,922
And1: 7,353
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#77 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:24 am

Riko wrote:Well, while I agree about Millsap's importance in helping the young Nuggets it is true that in 2019 summer the managment did him a biiiiiiig favour to pick his TO... Denver pay him 30m when his market value was about 10-15m, at the time I really thought there was a unwritten agreement and he wuold resign this season for veteran minimun


The front office thought we really needed him here for 1 more year considering we did not have any young PFs that looked like they would be ready this year. I think once the deal for Grant was made the writing was on the wall for Millsap, but he still showed up and did his best.

Personally I am glad we did the 1 year $30 million over signing him to a 3 Year $50+ million deal.
Riko
Rookie
Posts: 1,028
And1: 646
Joined: Dec 17, 2015
   

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#78 » by Riko » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:11 am

The Rebel wrote:
Riko wrote:Well, while I agree about Millsap's importance in helping the young Nuggets it is true that in 2019 summer the managment did him a biiiiiiig favour to pick his TO... Denver pay him 30m when his market value was about 10-15m, at the time I really thought there was a unwritten agreement and he wuold resign this season for veteran minimun


The front office thought we really needed him here for 1 more year considering we did not have any young PFs that looked like they would be ready this year. I think once the deal for Grant was made the writing was on the wall for Millsap, but he still showed up and did his best.

Personally I am glad we did the 1 year $30 million over signing him to a 3 Year $50+ million deal.


I agree with you denver did the right thing but no one in his right mind wuold offer a 3y 50m contract to Millsap last year. Maybe someone wuold offer a 35m 3y contract but probably he wuold get something less like 33ish.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,431
And1: 5,472
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#79 » by THE J0KER » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:49 am

Riko wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Riko wrote:Well, while I agree about Millsap's importance in helping the young Nuggets it is true that in 2019 summer the managment did him a biiiiiiig favour to pick his TO... Denver pay him 30m when his market value was about 10-15m, at the time I really thought there was a unwritten agreement and he wuold resign this season for veteran minimun


The front office thought we really needed him here for 1 more year considering we did not have any young PFs that looked like they would be ready this year. I think once the deal for Grant was made the writing was on the wall for Millsap, but he still showed up and did his best.

Personally I am glad we did the 1 year $30 million over signing him to a 3 Year $50+ million deal.


I agree with you denver did the right thing but no one in his right mind wuold offer a 3y 50m contract to Millsap last year. Maybe someone wuold offer a 35m 3y contract but probably he wuold get something less like 33ish.
I think our front office was lazy to do their homework last season because they didn't believe that we have realistic chances to fight for the title in 2020, and signing 10M forthy veteran for 30M in the most spectacular FA summer in NBA history just show it. For the record, we have in historic WCF vs Lakers captured almost 80M in Millsap, Harris, Barton, and Plumlee, which all four together contribute with just 13-10-4 in that series (18-10-4 entire playoff)!?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,922
And1: 7,353
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#80 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Riko wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Riko wrote:Well, while I agree about Millsap's importance in helping the young Nuggets it is true that in 2019 summer the managment did him a biiiiiiig favour to pick his TO... Denver pay him 30m when his market value was about 10-15m, at the time I really thought there was a unwritten agreement and he wuold resign this season for veteran minimun


The front office thought we really needed him here for 1 more year considering we did not have any young PFs that looked like they would be ready this year. I think once the deal for Grant was made the writing was on the wall for Millsap, but he still showed up and did his best.

Personally I am glad we did the 1 year $30 million over signing him to a 3 Year $50+ million deal.


I agree with you denver did the right thing but no one in his right mind wuold offer a 3y 50m contract to Millsap last year. Maybe someone wuold offer a 35m 3y contract but probably he wuold get something less like 33ish.


If you decline the option than the only way Millsap re-signs in Denver would have been if he would have gotten that money plus the money he would get on a new contract elsewhere spread over the years. It is stupid, and should not be that way, but that is the way it works in the NBA and always has.

Return to Denver Nuggets