ImageImageImage

Who Is the Nuggets Offensive Floor Leader?

Moderator: THE J0KER

Murray
40%
Barton
No votes
Jokic
40%
Unsure
No votes
We don't have one
20%

Total votes: 5

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#1 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Who runs the team when they are running their offense?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: Who Is the Nuggets Offensive Floor Leader? 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Isn't this kinda obvious ???? Jokic
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:35 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Isn't this kinda obvious ???? Jokic

Sure, he's tremendous but he doesn't really direct traffic. For Jokic to truly be the floor leader, wouldn't he need to be motivating teammates to move instead of standing still? There's no doubt he's our best player and no doubt he makes everyone better - I get that. But he pretty much stands with the ball wondering if anyone is going to give him a chance to make a pass. I'd love to see him LEADING more than just demonstrating his greatness.

But that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before.
skywalker33

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:55 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:

Sure, he's tremendous but he doesn't really direct traffic. For Jokic to truly be the floor leader, wouldn't he need to be motivating teammates to move instead of standing still? There's no doubt he's our best player and no doubt he makes everyone better - I get that. But he pretty much stands with the ball wondering if anyone is going to give him a chance to make a pass. I'd love to see him LEADING more than just demonstrating his greatness.

I see it as he allows the other to create separation and then his vision and passing abilities allow him to capitalize on a "motion-type" offense, more free flowing than a specific offense.

An WY, I truly wish you'd stop saying that undelined stuff, makes you sound like you're invalidating your own opinion, which is more valid than 95% of all the posts on this site. (there is your other 5% that is still a bit dodgy, but mostly knocking it down from 3-pt range).

Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,534

Post#5 » by Alatan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:24 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:

I get where you are coming from. Jokic does at times look like he is dependent of his teammates moving so he can find the mistakes of the defense and exploit it. And it works when they move but when the teammates are passive, Jokic looks passive. I hoped that his loss of weight would enable him to be something of a Point Forward and have the ability to take Forwards of the dribble but now i doubt that it will ever happen. Still he can and should be more aggressive when his team i sleeping and try to score or force a double so he can make offense from nothing.
skywalker33

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:50 pm

Alatan wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

I get where you are coming from. Jokic does at times look like he is dependent of his teammates moving so he can find the mistakes of the defense and exploit it. And it works when they move but when the teammates are passive, Jokic looks passive. I hoped that his loss of weight would enable him to be something of a Point Forward and have the ability to take Forwards of the dribble but now i doubt that it will ever happen. Still he can and should be more aggressive when his team i sleeping and try to score or force a double so he can make offense from nothing.

New nickname for Jokic ==== The Dissectionist !!

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#7 » by Coeur » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:41 am

Jamal Murray

Return to Denver Nuggets