ImageImageImage

2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,099
And1: 3,335
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#41 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:16 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259555/Marcus-Morris-Blames-Blown-Leads-On-Not-Finishing-Or-Playing-Hard

Clippers losing doesn't appear to have anything to do with the Nuggets' efforts. :lol: I mostly agree with his viewpoint - because mostly I believe they have more talent. I just don't believe the gap is as big as most of the NBA believes it is.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,236
And1: 6,662
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#42 » by The Rebel » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:19 pm

Roland2000 wrote:Great respect for Jokic. I haven't really watched much Nuggets this year so I didn't know what to expect when finally checking out the game yesterday. You guys were down and it seemed hopeless. Then Jokic just decided that he was going to keep taking it to the basket. He got fouled and got shots. Kept coming back and then the rest of the team started really locking everything down on D. Great Game! Great player. He decided that he wasn't going to lose. Simple as that.


Jokic and Murray have a habit of doing that this entire season. We are a 2nd half team, and often that becomes a 1 quarter team, it is strange the way it happens, but every Nuggets fans knows that you do not turn the game off before midway through the 4th quarter. For the 1st half it is usually trying to get other guys good shots and seeing if 1 or 2 of them are hot, and if not it becomes Jokic taking over. No matter what the score we know that Jokic can will us back into most games.

Our defense also picks up considerably the later games go, we are one of those teams that our offense going well makes our defense suddenly come alive. People forget we were top 5 in the league for the 1st 6 weeks before the injuries started piling up, and we are still missing our 2nd best perimeter defender in Barton, who rumors are that he is close to coming back to the bubble.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,236
And1: 6,662
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#43 » by The Rebel » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:20 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259555/Marcus-Morris-Blames-Blown-Leads-On-Not-Finishing-Or-Playing-Hard

Clippers losing doesn't appear to have anything to do with the Nuggets' efforts. :lol: I mostly agree with his viewpoint - because mostly I believe they have more talent. I just don't believe the gap is as big as most of the NBA believes it is.


I don't think they have more talent, I think Kawhi is the best player on the court, but I think Jokic and this playoff Murray are the next 2, and I think our role players are better than theirs, but very few players are going to come out and admit they got their asses handed to them 2 games ina row.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,564
And1: 3,947
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#44 » by skywalker33 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:02 pm

So, with Jokic showing out, does this change the appeal to any FA’s who might want to play along side of the Joker ?
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
manchambo
Starter
Posts: 2,052
And1: 539
Joined: Nov 12, 2004

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#45 » by manchambo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:55 pm

skywalker33 wrote:So, with Jokic showing out, does this change the appeal to any FA’s who might want to play along side of the Joker ?

Does Denver have salary cap room for that? I assume getting Millsap off the books or much reduced would help. But we've already got two max players, and we have to plan for MPJ in the long run.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,564
And1: 3,947
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#46 » by skywalker33 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:07 pm

manchambo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:So, with Jokic showing out, does this change the appeal to any FA’s who might want to play along side of the Joker ?

Does Denver have salary cap room for that? I assume getting Millsap off the books or much reduced would help. But we've already got two max players, and we have to plan for MPJ in the long run.



Certainly not this year but in the future who knows. I was dreaming of a Kahwi, Jokic, MPJ, Murray dynasty happening in 2022 8-)
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,099
And1: 3,335
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#47 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:30 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Roland2000 wrote:Great respect for Jokic. I haven't really watched much Nuggets this year so I didn't know what to expect when finally checking out the game yesterday. You guys were down and it seemed hopeless. Then Jokic just decided that he was going to keep taking it to the basket. He got fouled and got shots. Kept coming back and then the rest of the team started really locking everything down on D. Great Game! Great player. He decided that he wasn't going to lose. Simple as that.

Jokic and Murray have a habit of doing that this entire season. We are a 2nd half team, and often that becomes a 1 quarter team, it is strange the way it happens, but every Nuggets fans knows that you do not turn the game off before midway through the 4th quarter. For the 1st half it is usually trying to get other guys good shots and seeing if 1 or 2 of them are hot, and if not it becomes Jokic taking over. No matter what the score we know that Jokic can will us back into most games.

Our defense also picks up considerably the later games go, we are one of those teams that our offense going well makes our defense suddenly come alive. People forget we were top 5 in the league for the 1st 6 weeks before the injuries started piling up, and we are still missing our 2nd best perimeter defender in Barton, who rumors are that he is close to coming back to the bubble.

Now, if only our regular-season-middle-of-the-pack defense shows up for a whole game instead of our new worst-in-the-bubble defense. :eek2:
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 18,855
And1: 5,901
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#48 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:22 am

Still rooting for you all. I think seeing how Jokic has performed, from a selfish standpoint, people should be a lot more impressed with what Rudy did last series.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,564
And1: 3,947
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#49 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:03 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Still rooting for you all. I think seeing how Jokic has performed, from a selfish standpoint, people should be a lot more impressed with what Rudy did last series.


You're right, it does seem selfish to say. But I guess it's also selfish to point out Rudy is at home right now so I'd have to disagree with you.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 18,855
And1: 5,901
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#50 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:20 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Still rooting for you all. I think seeing how Jokic has performed, from a selfish standpoint, people should be a lot more impressed with what Rudy did last series.


You're right, it does seem selfish to say. But I guess it's also selfish to point out Rudy is at home right now so I'd have to disagree with you.


Dear god you are always so grumpy, lol
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,564
And1: 3,947
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#51 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:21 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Still rooting for you all. I think seeing how Jokic has performed, from a selfish standpoint, people should be a lot more impressed with what Rudy did last series.


You're right, it does seem selfish to say. But I guess it's also selfish to point out Rudy is at home right now so I'd have to disagree with you.


Dear god you are always so grumpy, lol


Well, at least I don't go over to over team boards to taut my own team's players. Kinda like back-handed compliments, not a fan of those either.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
druggas
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,963
And1: 2,967
Joined: Dec 27, 2007

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#52 » by druggas » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:40 pm

Good luck Nuggets!
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,099
And1: 3,335
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#53 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:53 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Still rooting for you all. I think seeing how Jokic has performed, from a selfish standpoint, people should be a lot more impressed with what Rudy did last series.

You're right, it does seem selfish to say. But I guess it's also selfish to point out Rudy is at home right now so I'd have to disagree with you.

Dear god you are always so grumpy, lol

:lol: Pretty much, but he's a faithful fan! :nod:
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 18,855
And1: 5,901
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#54 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:08 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
You're right, it does seem selfish to say. But I guess it's also selfish to point out Rudy is at home right now so I'd have to disagree with you.


Dear god you are always so grumpy, lol


Well, at least I don't go over to over team boards to taut my own team's players. Kinda like back-handed compliments, not a fan of those either.


I hope this is cathartic for you, lol.

Anyway, would be fun to see Denver come back two series in a row from being down 3-1, hoping it happens.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,564
And1: 3,947
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#55 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:19 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Dear god you are always so grumpy, lol


Well, at least I don't go over to over team boards to taut my own team's players. Kinda like back-handed compliments, not a fan of those either.


I hope this is cathartic for you, lol.

Anyway, would be fun to see Denver come back two series in a row from being down 3-1, hoping it happens.


Sorry if I offended you, sometimes I do get ..."grumpy", we'll just go with that. But we have a good team (one of the best I've seen in 40+yrs) yet because we're a smaller market we get a lot of flack. Babyjax, I do respect your opinion, have And1 many of your posts but I do note they can come with a little twist. Please accept my apology, you're welcome anytime over here, I'll try to tame my keyboard. 8-)
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,099
And1: 3,335
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#56 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:05 am

skywalker33 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Well, at least I don't go over to over team boards to taut my own team's players. Kinda like back-handed compliments, not a fan of those either.

I hope this is cathartic for you, lol.

Anyway, would be fun to see Denver come back two series in a row from being down 3-1, hoping it happens.

Sorry if I offended you, sometimes I do get ..."grumpy", we'll just go with that. But we have a good team (one of the best I've seen in 40+yrs) yet because we're a smaller market we get a lot of flack. Babyjax, I do respect your opinion, have And1 many of your posts but I do note they can come with a little twist. Please accept my apology, you're welcome anytime over here, I'll try to tame my keyboard. 8-)

Just remember - SLC is a smaller market than Denver --- but neither holds a candle to my Cheyenne :naaa:
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,564
And1: 3,947
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#57 » by skywalker33 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:12 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I hope this is cathartic for you, lol.

Anyway, would be fun to see Denver come back two series in a row from being down 3-1, hoping it happens.

Sorry if I offended you, sometimes I do get ..."grumpy", we'll just go with that. But we have a good team (one of the best I've seen in 40+yrs) yet because we're a smaller market we get a lot of flack. Babyjax, I do respect your opinion, have And1 many of your posts but I do note they can come with a little twist. Please accept my apology, you're welcome anytime over here, I'll try to tame my keyboard. 8-)

Just remember - SLC is a smaller market than Denver --- but neither holds a candle to my Cheyenne :naaa:


C'mon WY, we all know Cheyenne isn't a "market" ......small or smaller, it's a big town at best !! :wink:
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,099
And1: 3,335
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#58 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:27 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Sorry if I offended you, sometimes I do get ..."grumpy", we'll just go with that. But we have a good team (one of the best I've seen in 40+yrs) yet because we're a smaller market we get a lot of flack. Babyjax, I do respect your opinion, have And1 many of your posts but I do note they can come with a little twist. Please accept my apology, you're welcome anytime over here, I'll try to tame my keyboard. 8-)

Just remember - SLC is a smaller market than Denver --- but neither holds a candle to my Cheyenne :naaa:

C'mon WY, we all know Cheyenne isn't a "market" ......small or smaller, it's a big town at best !! :wink:

:reporter: I grew up in a county of 10,000 but since leaving home to go into the army, the smallest place I lived, until here, was Portland. This is definitely more like a "mini mart" with two gas pumps! :cowboy:
User avatar
Childs
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,783
And1: 12,289
Joined: Jun 23, 2010
 

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#59 » by Childs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:34 am

I'm so impressed by your team. Glad you got rid of the clowns such as beverly and morris. No one gives you guys the credit you deserve. Good luck in the WCF! Give em hell!
Read on Twitter
User avatar
Dr_Heat
RealGM
Posts: 20,328
And1: 92,556
Joined: Feb 27, 2015
Location: Bustelo coffee bar
         

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#60 » by Dr_Heat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:36 am

Congrats guys.

Imagine a Miami/Denver finals , oof
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof

Return to Denver Nuggets


cron