2020 playoff - Western Conference FINAL: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [1]LA Lakers

Moderator: THE J0KER

lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Re: 2020 playoff - Western Conference FINAL: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [1]LA Lakers 

Post#61 » by lazybatman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:54 am

skywalker33 wrote:
lazybatman wrote:Just hopped in to congratulate you all on a legendary post-season. Gave us a really tough series, which could well have gone 7, if a couple of plays / foul calls go here and there. Gave the Clippers arrogant SOBs and Jazz nightmares with those comebacks from 3-1 leads. Played overall brilliant ball, the right way.

-Murray, for me, jumped up the guard rankings to no. 2, right after Curry. Kid's got crazy horse shot skills, insane athleticism, uncanny passing vision for a 23 year old and obviously clutch af.
-Jokic(outside of the matchup problem against the Lakers) has established himself as a top 5 bad motherf*cker in the league.
-Grant, Harris and Morris are amazingly good, and could be stars for some weaker teams.
-MPJ and Bol bol have ceilings like KD/Porzingis/AD. The potential is just scary.

I felt there were some bad habits on defense, which is common for young players, and you have the right coach in place to improve there and become hopefully a long lasting dynastic team soon.

Cheers fellows. Respect!

Can't return the Cheer, your team is corrupt and can't win straight-up, just pathetic how so many of your fans are in denial. I win not watch your team win a fixed series, and if it was my team I'd be ashamed !

The NBA would've fixed the Clips vs Nugs series if they really could. Nugs were the non LA crowd's(including mine) favourite Cinderella story of the year, and the league would've been totally vested in getting them to win the finals, if they could. Dude I get how sad you are and I always see calls going against my team on the tele, but your team and org don't feel the same way about it for a reason. Good Luck next year!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#62 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:53 am

lazybatman wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
lazybatman wrote:Just hopped in to congratulate you all on a legendary post-season. Gave us a really tough series, which could well have gone 7, if a couple of plays / foul calls go here and there. Gave the Clippers arrogant SOBs and Jazz nightmares with those comebacks from 3-1 leads. Played overall brilliant ball, the right way.

-Murray, for me, jumped up the guard rankings to no. 2, right after Curry. Kid's got crazy horse shot skills, insane athleticism, uncanny passing vision for a 23 year old and obviously clutch af.
-Jokic(outside of the matchup problem against the Lakers) has established himself as a top 5 bad motherf*cker in the league.
-Grant, Harris and Morris are amazingly good, and could be stars for some weaker teams.
-MPJ and Bol bol have ceilings like KD/Porzingis/AD. The potential is just scary.

I felt there were some bad habits on defense, which is common for young players, and you have the right coach in place to improve there and become hopefully a long lasting dynastic team soon.

Cheers fellows. Respect!

Can't return the Cheer, your team is corrupt and can't win straight-up, just pathetic how so many of your fans are in denial. I win not watch your team win a fixed series, and if it was my team I'd be ashamed !

The NBA would've fixed the Clips vs Nugs series if they really could. Nugs were the non LA crowd's(including mine) favourite Cinderella story of the year, and the league would've been totally vested in getting them to win the finals, if they could. Dude I get how sad you are and I always see calls going against my team on the tele, but your team and org don't feel the same way about it for a reason. Good Luck next year!

I don't usually comment on the refs. Fans, players, coaches all love to blame the refs for losses and sometimes the refs do indeed seem prejudiced. But I remember hearing the same complaints clear back to the 1960s.

"The refs never call that foul on a star."
"He's a rookie and the refs don't cut him a break at all."
"The refs favor the big markets."
"The refs are inconsistent on travel calls. The never call the travel on a star."
and the list goes on.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#63 » by The Rebel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:36 pm

lazybatman wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Cheers fellows. Respect!

How do you know how the team and organization feels about it? I remember when Iverson was a Nugget, he openly bitched about a ref after a game, for the next 3 weeks he did not get a single call, not 1. A guy that had always got to the free throw line 10+ times a game did not get a single call his way for 3 weeks. That is what happens to small market teams, if they bitch than it only gets worse, the Lakers and Lebron can cry and beg for help and they get it, the rest of us know that all it will do is hurt us.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#64 » by skywalker33 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:10 pm

lazybatman wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Cheers fellows. Respect!

That's the argument most all of you Laker fans think but not totally true. If the Clip vs Faker were what they wanted, it would have eliminated most of the rest of the country in market shares. Since ratings are what Silver values the most, including a 2nd market while not dividing his 2nd biggest market makes more sense. Add it that the Nuggets were the favorite Cinderella outside of Lakerland and it dismisses your theory handily.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#65 » by lazybatman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:56 pm

The Rebel wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

How do you know how the team and organization feels about it? I remember when Iverson was a Nugget, he openly bitched about a ref after a game, for the next 3 weeks he did not get a single call, not 1. A guy that had always got to the free throw line 10+ times a game did not get a single call his way for 3 weeks. That is what happens to small market teams, if they bitch than it only gets worse, the Lakers and Lebron can cry and beg for help and they get it, the rest of us know that all it will do is hurt us.

I remember that AI instance, when he swore at the refs in game for not giving him a foul call. All the refs from there on just colluded to screw his happiness calling him for travelling on his patent crossover and what not for some time after that. It wasn't a small market thing, it was a respect thing. Not saying it was fair, but get off the self pity parade and man up bro.

With much love and new found fandom for Nugs basketball, as I have stated earlier, you need to get your head checked if you think the Nugs were ever winning this series. Even an old man Lebron @ 80% + prime AD with that flawed roster are enough to send most teams home packing, unless the other team has like 4-5 Hall of Famers. Bron's only done it for 17 years, and it wasn't because it was the Eastern conference. In fact, this post season might well be his easiest path to the finals ever, in the L-estern Confrence. Dude's just got so many different gears and play styles, it's hard to cope with. They didn't lose this series cos of refereeing. They lost to the better team - FACT! Have some class and look for your team to get better next season, while giving credit to the winning team like your superstar just did.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#66 » by lazybatman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:05 am

skywalker33 wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

That's the argument most all of you Laker fans think but not totally true. If the Clip vs Faker were what they wanted, it would have eliminated most of the rest of the country in market shares. Since ratings are what Silver values the most, including a 2nd market while not dividing his 2nd biggest market makes more sense. Add it that the Nuggets were the favorite Cinderella outside of Lakerland and it dismisses your theory handily.

- Nugs became the fav Cinderella after winning against the Clips, not before. And by insinuating that, you're implying that the Nuggets didn't earn the last series purely based on their cohones and skill. Both untrue. Else Adam would've moved heaven and earth to see the Nugs thrugh to the finals. As big as LA is, it's still just one city according to your arguement.
- Lakers vs Clips (Lebron vs Kawhi) is what the whole country wanted to see, as confirmed by the astronomical ratings in their regular season games. People always follow the top players more than teams, regardless if they play for Cleveland or LA. Always been that way. Don't fool yourself with those arguments.

I came to your forum to simply congratulate you all and wish you luck, and I'm happy to leave it at that.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#67 » by The Rebel » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:41 am

lazybatman wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
lazybatman wrote:

I remember that AI instance, when he swore at the refs in game for not giving him a foul call. All the refs from there on just colluded to screw his happiness calling him for travelling on his patent crossover and what not for some time after that. It wasn't a small market thing, it was a respect thing. Not saying it was fair, but get off the self pity parade and man up bro.

With much love and new found fandom for Nugs basketball, as I have stated earlier, you need to get your head checked if you think the Nugs were ever winning this series. Even an old man Lebron @ 80% + prime AD with that flawed roster are enough to send most teams home packing, unless the other team has like 4-5 Hall of Famers. Bron's only done it for 17 years, and it wasn't because it was the Eastern conference. In fact, this post season might well be his easiest path to the finals ever, in the L-estern Confrence. Dude's just got so many different gears and play styles, it's hard to cope with. They didn't lose this series cos of refereeing. They lost to the better team - FACT! Have some class and look for your team to get better next season, while giving credit to the winning team like your superstar just did.

LMAO we all know you are trying to troll, but all your post did is make me wonder what it is like to get your self esteem by how others view somebody else? The saddest part is that you guys do not even understand what greatness really is, it is a foreign concept to you. You don't find greatness in counting stats, greatness is not how many titles someone has, it is overcoming the odds to do something most think cannot be done.

Greatness is getting knocked down all game long and you keep coming. No matter how many times you are knocked down you get up and keep coming. Greatness is the ability to tell everybody what you are going to do, do it, and talk **** the whole time despite people saying he looks like he should be on a farm his whole career. Greatness is smiling in your opponents face, always smiling, and always telling them that you will beat them, then doing it. Forcing the entire NBA to change the style of basketball they play to compete against you.

People try to have the rule changes that helped Jordan, but they do not even understand the rule changes. The NBA added flagrants and flagrant enforcement because the owners were worried that Jordan or another star was going to get seriously hurt on dirty plays. The Bad Boy Pistons were the worst but they were not the only team that were committing what would be considered flagrant fouls today every time someone drove to the lane.

You want to know what rules the NBA changed for Lebron? The eliminated handchecking (now before you go there Jordan said a zone defense would have hurt his career, but he said that in the 1 year they allowed zone defense and hand checking), they changed the travel rules from 2 steps, to 3 steps, to now 4 steps with a gather. Until 2009 you had to keep your hand on the top half of the ball or it was a carry, now you are not supposed to totally turn it over in your hands, unless you are Lebron of course who does it on every drive he takes down the lane.

It's funny people bring up Kerr, Pippen, and Rodman and have no idea what they are talking about. Kerr was an end of the rotation guy who hit 3 pointers, he was nothing special. The Bulls were literally the only team in the league willing to take Rodman, and he answered to Michael not Phil. Pippen has said himself that Jordan made him into the player he became. Who has Lebron ever made look better on his team? The 80s Lakers and Celtics were supposedly stacked, but how many of those guys were ever considered great because of their time on those teams? HOw many put up similar numbers when Larry and Magic were not on their teams?

Look at the league in the between 2000-2015, how many superstars have we really had that had a full career? TMAC, Vince, Dwight, Rose, MIng, Oden, Roy, Grant Hill, and so many more had their careers ended or dramatically affected by injuries. Then you take into account that 35% less kids participated in youth basketball between the mid-70s and mid-90s and the talent pool just was not as big for those 15 years as the late 90s players faded out and prior to this young generation that has joined the league in the last 5 years. Go look, go count how many franchise players there were in the league for those years. It was the worse I have ever seen the NBA, and the long term fans know it.

Greatness is not stacking the deck, joining teams with other top 10-15 players and conning the league into coddling you because all the other great players ended up injured or never maturing. That is not greatness, especially when you leave every 4 years as your teammates become washed up and/or are leaving. Greatness is finding ways to overcome those odd. Who cares about the stats, who figured out way to keep trying until they figured it out. Legendary players overcome, what has Lebron ever overcome? People talk about the Warriors, the series that they kept Steph in foul trouble and literally suspended Draymond a game while claiming Lebron had no help. Sorry that is not overcoming crap.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:03 am

lazybatman wrote:I came to your forum to simply congratulate you all and wish you luck, and I'm happy to leave it at that.

I thank you for that. You should understand that prejudice comes in many forms and each person is lumped in with others based on some common criteria. Laker fans have a rather obnoxious reputation in general (my opinion and an opinion many others have expressed - not just on this board). Not all are that way, but those who are, are the ones that everyone else remembers.

Throughout much of the world, the USA is considered a bully or downright evil. That does not make it true, but neither does it make it false. It is the opinion of others. We have to live with it. Sorry, but you have to live with being a Laker fan.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#69 » by lazybatman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:42 am

The Rebel wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

LMAO we all know you are trying to troll, but all your post did is make me wonder what it is like to get your self esteem by how others view somebody else? The saddest part is that you guys do not even understand what greatness really is, it is a foreign concept to you. You don't find greatness in counting stats, greatness is not how many titles someone has, it is overcoming the odds to do something most think cannot be done.

Greatness is getting knocked down all game long and you keep coming. No matter how many times you are knocked down you get up and keep coming. Greatness is the ability to tell everybody what you are going to do, do it, and talk **** the whole time despite people saying he looks like he should be on a farm his whole career. Greatness is smiling in your opponents face, always smiling, and always telling them that you will beat them, then doing it. Forcing the entire NBA to change the style of basketball they play to compete against you.

People try to have the rule changes that helped Jordan, but they do not even understand the rule changes. The NBA added flagrants and flagrant enforcement because the owners were worried that Jordan or another star was going to get seriously hurt on dirty plays. The Bad Boy Pistons were the worst but they were not the only team that were committing what would be considered flagrant fouls today every time someone drove to the lane.

You want to know what rules the NBA changed for Lebron? The eliminated handchecking (now before you go there Jordan said a zone defense would have hurt his career, but he said that in the 1 year they allowed zone defense and hand checking), they changed the travel rules from 2 steps, to 3 steps, to now 4 steps with a gather. Until 2009 you had to keep your hand on the top half of the ball or it was a carry, now you are not supposed to totally turn it over in your hands, unless you are Lebron of course who does it on every drive he takes down the lane.

It's funny people bring up Kerr, Pippen, and Rodman and have no idea what they are talking about. Kerr was an end of the rotation guy who hit 3 pointers, he was nothing special. The Bulls were literally the only team in the league willing to take Rodman, and he answered to Michael not Phil. Pippen has said himself that Jordan made him into the player he became. Who has Lebron ever made look better on his team? The 80s Lakers and Celtics were supposedly stacked, but how many of those guys were ever considered great because of their time on those teams? HOw many put up similar numbers when Larry and Magic were not on their teams?

Look at the league in the between 2000-2015, how many superstars have we really had that had a full career? TMAC, Vince, Dwight, Rose, MIng, Oden, Roy, Grant Hill, and so many more had their careers ended or dramatically affected by injuries. Then you take into account that 35% less kids participated in youth basketball between the mid-70s and mid-90s and the talent pool just was not as big for those 15 years as the late 90s players faded out and prior to this young generation that has joined the league in the last 5 years. Go look, go count how many franchise players there were in the league for those years. It was the worse I have ever seen the NBA, and the long term fans know it.

Greatness is not stacking the deck, joining teams with other top 10-15 players and conning the league into coddling you because all the other great players ended up injured or never maturing. That is not greatness, especially when you leave every 4 years as your teammates become washed up and/or are leaving. Greatness is finding ways to overcome those odd. Who cares about the stats, who figured out way to keep trying until they figured it out. Legendary players overcome, what has Lebron ever overcome? People talk about the Warriors, the series that they kept Steph in foul trouble and literally suspended Draymond a game while claiming Lebron had no help. Sorry that is not overcoming crap.

Dude I'm not trolling or engaging in this pointless BS anymore.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#70 » by lazybatman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:44 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
lazybatman wrote:I came to your forum to simply congratulate you all and wish you luck, and I'm happy to leave it at that.

I thank you for that. You should understand that prejudice comes in many forms and each person is lumped in with others based on some common criteria. Laker fans have a rather obnoxious reputation in general (my opinion and an opinion many others have expressed - not just on this board). Not all are that way, but those who are, are the ones that everyone else remembers.

Throughout much of the world, the USA is considered a bully or downright evil. That does not make it true, but neither does it make it false. It is the opinion of others. We have to live with it. Sorry, but you have to live with being a Laker fan.

I apologize for that. I'm a Lebron fan for 15 years, not a pure Laker if that helps.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:48 pm

lazybatman wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

I apologize for that. I'm a Lebron fan for 15 years, not a pure Laker if that helps.

It might help some :wink: but it sounds like a personal problem :lol: --- said with respect and a small amount of sarcasm.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by lazybatman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:11 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I thank you for that. You should understand that prejudice comes in many forms and each person is lumped in with others based on some common criteria. Laker fans have a rather obnoxious reputation in general (my opinion and an opinion many others have expressed - not just on this board). Not all are that way, but those who are, are the ones that everyone else remembers.

It might help some :wink: but it sounds like a personal problem :lol: --- said with respect and a small amount of sarcasm.

I'll take it.. :lol: :lol:

Good luck next year. Really a fan of the Nugs now.

Return to Denver Nuggets