Around the NBA (2020-21 season)

Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#161 » by The Rebel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:07 am

Watching the Hawks game and they have a lot of talent, if they ever can stay healthy they can be a damn good team, I am not sure that is the team anybody wants to face in this year's playoffs.
FilNugsFan
Sophomore
And1: 255

Post#162 » by FilNugsFan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:11 am

Mavs currently blowing out the Warriors. Still can't understand how other contenders can easily beat GSW and we can't.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,884

Post#163 » by Richard Miller » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:20 am

FilNugsFan wrote:Mavs currently blowing out the Warriors. Still can't understand how other contenders can easily beat GSW and we can't.

Just luck I guess, Wiggins and Oubre were 6-13 for 3 against the Nuggets and 2-11 last night
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#164 » by The Rebel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:56 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
FilNugsFan wrote:Mavs currently blowing out the Warriors. Still can't understand how other contenders can easily beat GSW and we can't.

Just luck I guess, Wiggins and Oubre were 6-13 for 3 against the Nuggets and 2-11 last night

Most other teams run a box and 1 zone or straight double Curry when they are playing them, for some reason we stick to our normal defense and Curry's gravity with Green's passing kills us. Our forwards are so worried about collapsing the paint when Curry gets around his defender that they lose track of their guys, leaving Wiggins, Oubre, and whoever else is lucky enough to play forward for them against us wide open or a clear lane to the rim.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#165 » by The Rebel » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:04 am

Jazz are destroying the kings tonight, I actually feel bad for them until I remember that the Kings refused to make any deals at the deadline because they thought they could still make the playoffs.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#166 » by skywalker33 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:47 am

The Rebel wrote:Jazz are destroying the kings tonight, I actually feel bad for them until I remember that the Kings refused to make any deals at the deadline because they thought they could still make the playoffs.

Hard to feel bad for any team with a FO that bad.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#167 » by skywalker33 » Sun May 2, 2021 4:56 am

Tonight's game just shows why I wanted Cousins on this team. Guy still has skills in the league

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#168 » by The Rebel » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:36 am

I have watched a lot of the Mavs and Clippers series, I will say that I see the reason that Campazzo came to Denver instead of going to the Mavs. That team has way to many Barton types when they need MPJ types on offense. It seems like everyone of their guards are guys who need to be on ball to really get going. If you compare the Nuggets roster and the Mavs roster I think they are both looking for similar type of players, but I think the Mavs are making a huge mistake. While Jokic and Doncic are both willing passers and both demand a lot of touches, Doncic likes the ball in his hands way to much to play with guys who also need the ball to get going. Doncic has the ball in his hands almost twice as much in an average possession than Jokic does, which makes it hard for those types that do not like playing off ball.

On another note, I cannot be the only one laughing at 76er fans right now. After all the **** some talk about Jokic especially in the pick and roll, it was funny as hell watching Young hit floater after floater right over him as Embiid was dropping back to protect the rim. That may have been a 50 point loss if the refs did not start the Lakers treatment for the 6ers early in the 2nd.

It is still sad how underrated the Mountain west teams really are. Top 3 seeds in the conference and people are acting like all 3 making it to the 2nd round is a shock and huge travesty.

I truly believe that the Jazz were better than the Clippers last year and there is a bigger gap this year.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#169 » by The Rebel » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:24 am

watching the Bucks it is obvious that they desperately need a game manager type of PG. They have the talent and shooting to spread the floor, but Giannis nor Jrue are PGs. They need a guy who understands how to take advantage of matchups, the hot hands, and how to get the ball to guys in their spots.

It got me thinking where are the younger guys that play like Andre Miller, Kyle Lowry, or Chauncey Billups. Not guys who are going to take over the game scoring, or just stand in the corner shooting spot up shots, but the guys who understand how to run an offense? Now it seems like Rubio and Monte Morris are the only 2 left in the league. Rubio helped the Suns turn things around last year, but they needed another scorer, same with the Jazz. Yet is seems like a lot of teams have no idea how to use that type of guard anymore, and the Clipper, Lakers, and Bucks should all be looking for 1.
skywalker33

Post#170 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 3:03 am

The Rebel wrote:watching the Bucks it is obvious that they desperately need a game manager type of PG. They have the talent and shooting to spread the floor, but Giannis nor Jrue are PGs. They need a guy who understands how to take advantage of matchups, the hot hands, and how to get the ball to guys in their spots.

It got me thinking where are the younger guys that play like Andre Miller, Kyle Lowry, or Chauncey Billups. Not guys who are going to take over the game scoring, or just stand in the corner shooting spot up shots, but the guys who understand how to run an offense? Now it seems like Rubio and Monte Morris are the only 2 left in the league. Rubio helped the Suns turn things around last year, but they needed another scorer, same with the Jazz. Yet is seems like a lot of teams have no idea how to use that type of guard anymore, and the Clipper, Lakers, and Bucks should all be looking for 1.

With the league evolving towards 3-pt shooters, Rubio is more of the past than the future. TBF, I've never been a Rubio fan, even preferred Mudiay over him. I do respect Rubio's defense though, he's always come across of having great ball awareness.

Return to Denver Nuggets