ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (2020-21 season)

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,706
And1: 5,758
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#81 » by THE J0KER » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:44 am

Image

According to traditional NBA.com 2020-21 GM Survey, Denver is (as expected) #3 candidate to win West. The other interesting answers which include the Denver team or players with over 10% votes are:
Which player is most likely to have a breakout season in 2020-21?
1. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Oklahoma City – 15%
Michael Porter Jr., Denver – 15%
3. De’Aaron Fox, Sacramento – 12%
4. Devin Booker, Phoenix – 8%
Zion Williamson, New Orleans – 8%
> Also receiving votes: Deandre Ayton, Phoenix; Bol Bol, Denver; Mikal Bridges, Phoenix; Luka Doncic, Dallas; Kevin Durant, Brooklyn; Gordon Hayward, Charlotte; Tyler Herro, Miami; Lauri Markkanen, Chicago; Ja Morant, Memphis; Jamal Murray, Denver; Jayson Tatum, Boston
> Last year: De’Aaron Fox – 19%

Who is the best center in the NBA?
1. Nikola Jokic, Denver – 50%
2. Anthony Davis, L.A. Lakers – 43%
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee – 7%
> Last year: Nikola Jokic – 48%

What was the most surprising move of the offseason?
1. Gordon Hayward to Charlotte – 54%
2. John Wall-Russell Westbrook trade – 18%
3. Jerami Grant to Detroit – 11%
4. Montrezl Harrell to the Lakers – 7%
Also receiving votes: Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka leaving Toronto; Jrue Holiday to Milwaukee; Chris Paul to Phoenix
Last year: Paul George to LA Clippers – 52%

Which team has the most promising young core?
1. New Orleans Pelicans – 41%
2. Memphis Grizzlies – 22%
3. Atlanta Hawks – 11%
Boston Celtics – 11%
Denver Nuggets – 11%
6. Dallas Mavericks – 4%
> Last year: New Orleans – 28%

Which player is the best passer?
1. LeBron James, L.A. Lakers – 46%
2. Nikola Jokic, Denver – 25%
3. Luka Doncic, Dallas – 14%
Chris Paul, Phoenix – 14%
> Last year: LeBron James – 57%
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,596
And1: 3,615
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#82 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:26 pm

From the GM Survey, I am very surprised Denver's young core isn't ranked higher than Memphis and Atlanta. I'm not certain about New Orleans being #1, but I won't argue that too much. I just think Boston & Denver & New Orleans ought to be the top-3, with a bit of a gap ahead of the rest.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,426
And1: 7,948
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#83 » by The Rebel » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:05 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:From the GM Survey, I am very surprised Denver's young core isn't ranked higher than Memphis and Atlanta. I'm not certain about New Orleans being #1, but I won't argue that too much. I just think Boston & Denver & New Orleans ought to be the top-3, with a bit of a gap ahead of the rest.


I think a lot of people forget how young the Nuggets core really is, and with us and Boston both in the conference finals many do not stop to think about how young both teams are.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,270
And1: 4,445
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#84 » by skywalker33 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:45 pm

The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:From the GM Survey, I am very surprised Denver's young core isn't ranked higher than Memphis and Atlanta. I'm not certain about New Orleans being #1, but I won't argue that too much. I just think Boston & Denver & New Orleans ought to be the top-3, with a bit of a gap ahead of the rest.


I think a lot of people forget how young the Nuggets core really is, and with us and Boston both in the conference finals many do not stop to think about how young both teams are.


Think that Millsap skews the view of many of the GM's. It's also hard to accommodate the impact of Zeke, RJ, and Bol as they haven't been seen to hold the value we see in them. By the same token, hard for people like me to evaluate other teams' youth, as well as I and others, don't see them as much as their own fans.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,426
And1: 7,948
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#85 » by The Rebel » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:53 am

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:From the GM Survey, I am very surprised Denver's young core isn't ranked higher than Memphis and Atlanta. I'm not certain about New Orleans being #1, but I won't argue that too much. I just think Boston & Denver & New Orleans ought to be the top-3, with a bit of a gap ahead of the rest.


I think a lot of people forget how young the Nuggets core really is, and with us and Boston both in the conference finals many do not stop to think about how young both teams are.


Think that Millsap skews the view of many of the GM's. It's also hard to accommodate the impact of Zeke, RJ, and Bol as they haven't been seen to hold the value we see in them. By the same token, hard for people like me to evaluate other teams' youth, as well as I and others, don't see them as much as their own fans.


I am not just talking about the recent draft picks outside of MPJ. Harris literally just turned 26 and he has been here the longest of anybody on the team. Jokic is only 25, Murray 23, MPJ 22, Cancar is 23, Morris just turned 25, Dozier 24, Hartenstein is 22. There was a 24 year old and a couple of 23 year olds that were literally drafted this year, our guys have not even hit their prime yet.

Personally I think the people forgetting how young our players are because of all the guys we drafted young and developed. It seems like Jokic, Harris, and Murray have been here forever and in the NBA they have lasted longer than most players have lasted with 1 team. Most of our young guys have eliminated the young mistakes pretty quickly, or they go back to the bench. We play better defense than most young teams, and we have more playoff success than almost any young team. All that makes people forget that we are still a young team.
Richard Miller
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,420
And1: 1,466
Joined: Jan 24, 2011

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#86 » by Richard Miller » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:30 am

NuggetsWY wrote:From the GM Survey, I am very surprised Denver's young core isn't ranked higher than Memphis and Atlanta. I'm not certain about New Orleans being #1, but I won't argue that too much. I just think Boston & Denver & New Orleans ought to be the top-3, with a bit of a gap ahead of the rest.


Memphis has rookie of the year and the Pelicans have Zion, not surprised they got all the hype, wouldn't read too much into it.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,270
And1: 4,445
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#87 » by skywalker33 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:12 am

Richard Miller wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:From the GM Survey, I am very surprised Denver's young core isn't ranked higher than Memphis and Atlanta. I'm not certain about New Orleans being #1, but I won't argue that too much. I just think Boston & Denver & New Orleans ought to be the top-3, with a bit of a gap ahead of the rest.


Memphis has rookie of the year and the Pelicans have Zion, not surprised they got all the hype, wouldn't read too much into it.


Agree here, as long as our guys are producing at this level, the other teams can make all the claims about youth and potential they want. :D
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,706
And1: 5,758
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#88 » by THE J0KER » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:25 am

Since this season Jokic not counts as young player but prime years player. So I guess those who voted for Denver give vote to Murray, Porter & Co.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,270
And1: 4,445
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#89 » by skywalker33 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:59 pm

Found it interesting the Nuggets only created their roster with the EXACT number of roster spots, they didn't have to make one cut. They identified their needs, selected fits and started building the necessary chemistry. I like the approach as it does create a bit of
security among it's players, but also never pushed any players except for starting positions. Interesting philosophy.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,426
And1: 7,948
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#90 » by The Rebel » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:45 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Found it interesting the Nuggets only created their roster with the EXACT number of roster spots, they didn't have to make one cut. They identified their needs, selected fits and started building the necessary chemistry. I like the approach as it does create a bit of
security among it's players, but also never pushed any players except for starting positions. Interesting philosophy.


Heading into the training camp I think the only one that did not have a guaranteed deal are the 2 way guys and Monte Morris. So I cannot say that we missed out on anybody, although if we could find a 2 for 1 deal I would not mind picking up Hollis-Jefferson as a bench defender.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,596
And1: 3,615
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#91 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:49 pm

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Found it interesting the Nuggets only created their roster with the EXACT number of roster spots, they didn't have to make one cut. They identified their needs, selected fits and started building the necessary chemistry. I like the approach as it does create a bit of
security among it's players, but also never pushed any players except for starting positions. Interesting philosophy.

Heading into the training camp I think the only one that did not have a guaranteed deal are the 2 way guys and Monte Morris. So I cannot say that we missed out on anybody, although if we could find a 2 for 1 deal I would not mind picking up Hollis-Jefferson as a bench defender.

With all of the depth and so many young players to develop; I half expected them to keep one slot open - perhaps to acquire a vet that was cut or to fill a need later in case of injury or whatever. On the other hand, with the Covid issue, maybe they just wanted as many players as possible. It sure does seem they knew what they wanted and they sure seemed to have put together a decent team.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,706
And1: 5,758
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#92 » by THE J0KER » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:28 am

Nets are scary good tonight in the season's opening game vs Warriors.

But ironically, despite the blowout loss, the Warriors can be very happy too. Without Klay and temporarily injured D.Green, they are not a match for this Nets team. The biggest question of the season for Warriors is are #2 pick Wiseman bust or not, and scoring 20 points in 25 minutes is a great debut for a rookie who didn't play any preseason game. He played against the opponent's 2nd unit, so we actually need some more proofs, but his start is great.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,270
And1: 4,445
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#93 » by skywalker33 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:12 pm

Was surprised Lakers lost a home game, they started slow but made a nice half-time comeback then let PG13 erupt on them . Can't say I don't love it because I do, just a bit surprised. Will say their new additions paid some good dividends though.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,426
And1: 7,948
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#94 » by The Rebel » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:29 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Was surprised Lakers lost a home game, they started slow but made a nice half-time comeback then let PG13 erupt on them . Can't say I don't love it because I do, just a bit surprised. Will say their new additions paid some good dividends though.


I still think that Rondo and Danny Green are going to be bad losses come the playoffs, I am not a Schroder fan and think that Paul made him look a lot better than he is last year.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,270
And1: 4,445
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#95 » by skywalker33 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:57 pm

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Was surprised Lakers lost a home game, they started slow but made a nice half-time comeback then let PG13 erupt on them . Can't say I don't love it because I do, just a bit surprised. Will say their new additions paid some good dividends though.


I still think that Rondo and Danny Green are going to be bad losses come the playoffs, I am not a Schroder fan and think that Paul made him look a lot better than he is last year.


Certainly agree with you, not a Schroeder fan either, he and Harrel seem both like RS performers but choke in the playoffs, pressure is too much for them. However, they did look like they put up nice performances last night.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,706
And1: 5,758
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#96 » by THE J0KER » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


Note that Nuggets are scheduled to face Houston on December 28th, so maybe our team will be also affected by this Houston COVID19 mess.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,270
And1: 4,445
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#97 » by skywalker33 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:25 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


Note that Nuggets are scheduled to face Houston on December 28th, so maybe our team will be also affected by this Houston COVID19 mess.


Isn't Harden right at the heart of this ???? And you want to trade for this guy :lol: :lol: :lol:
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,706
And1: 5,758
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#98 » by THE J0KER » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:40 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


Note that Nuggets are scheduled to face Houston on December 28th, so maybe our team will be also affected by this Houston COVID19 mess.


Isn't Harden right at the heart of this ???? And you want to trade for this guy :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want him more and more because Harden does a great job to undermine his own price! :lol:
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,270
And1: 4,445
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#99 » by skywalker33 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:46 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


Note that Nuggets are scheduled to face Houston on December 28th, so maybe our team will be also affected by this Houston COVID19 mess.


Isn't Harden right at the heart of this ???? And you want to trade for this guy :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want him more and more because Harden does a great job to undermine his own price! :lol:


I'd be OK id Jokic, MPJ and Murray remain, but even so, I'd be afraid Harden might do the same thing here, don't you ??
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,596
And1: 3,615
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Around the NBA (2020-21 season) 

Post#100 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:42 pm

Well, the best thing about trading for Harden is; ... wait for it ... we no longer need a capologist because Harden eats up almost half of the cap. :lol:

Return to Denver Nuggets