ImageImageImage

Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

DaFan334
Analyst
Posts: 3,290
And1: 630
Joined: Jul 21, 2006

Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#1 » by DaFan334 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:22 pm

Two-year deal for the BAE.

This will make it interesting with regards to Monte Morris, I somewhat imagine he is on his way out.
Image
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,919
And1: 4,210
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:43 pm

Just surprising Morris hasn't gotten traded already with this signing. Does Dozier get moved to SG when Barton gets traded ??
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
Manolito
Junior
Posts: 301
And1: 208
Joined: Dec 29, 2018
   

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#3 » by Manolito » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:45 pm

I have read 10Mx2 years, considerable cheaper than Monte.

Good sign, although prio 1 was a backup PF.

Let's see what do we get for the package Barton + Morris

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,866
And1: 7,276
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#4 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:08 am

skywalker33 wrote:Just surprising Morris hasn't gotten traded already with this signing. Does Dozier get moved to SG when Barton gets traded ??


Reports by local guys on twitter is that we want to keep Morris, could be a smokescreen though.

Manolito wrote:I have read 10Mx2 years, considerable cheaper than Monte.

Good sign, although prio 1 was a backup PF.

Let's see what do we get for the package Barton + Morris

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app


What are you talking about Morris is making $1.6 million next year.
Manolito
Junior
Posts: 301
And1: 208
Joined: Dec 29, 2018
   

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#5 » by Manolito » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:10 am

I am talking about Morris extensión, obviously

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,919
And1: 4,210
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:30 am

Manolito wrote:I have read 10Mx2 years, considerable cheaper than Monte.

Good sign, although prio 1 was a backup PF.

Let's see what do we get for the package Barton + Morris

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app


If so, bad signing IMO, $10Myr is too much for a rookie(NBA) backup PG, especially when we need another big as you pointed out.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,291
And1: 3,456
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#7 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:33 am

One of the nice things about having posters that are from outside the USA is that they often hear news about players from outside the USA before most of the rest of us. :gossip:
Manolito
Junior
Posts: 301
And1: 208
Joined: Dec 29, 2018
   

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#8 » by Manolito » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:37 am

Campazzo is a really good player, I have seen dozens of his games and have zero doubts about him. Tremendous competitor and passer.

The 10x2 is a great deal, although a bit unnecessary if Monte is not moved.

Nevetheless, I have some doubts about his fit with Murray

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,919
And1: 4,210
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:25 pm

Manolito wrote:Campazzo is a really good player, I have seen dozens of his games and have zero doubts about him. Tremendous competitor and passer.

The 10x2 is a great deal, although a bit unnecessary if Monte is not moved.

Nevetheless, I have some doubts about his fit with Murray

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app


Knew he wasn't getting $10Myr, we could have just signed Morris for that. I can see us paying some of his buyout though. BAE just as I suggested/expected. Do hope he is as good as you propose.

Read on Twitter
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,866
And1: 7,276
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#10 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:32 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Manolito wrote:Campazzo is a really good player, I have seen dozens of his games and have zero doubts about him. Tremendous competitor and passer.

The 10x2 is a great deal, although a bit unnecessary if Monte is not moved.

Nevetheless, I have some doubts about his fit with Murray

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app


Knew he wasn't getting $10Myr, we could have just signed Morris for that. I can see us paying some of his buyout though. BAE just as I ggested/expected. Do hope he is as good as you propose.

Read on Twitter


We can only pay $750,000 of his buyout, so his buyout must not be anywhere close to $6 million.
cloudXXI
Junior
Posts: 383
And1: 128
Joined: Sep 06, 2004
Location: Cornellà de Llobregat (BCN)

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#11 » by cloudXXI » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:17 pm

You are going to enjoy with Facu. I´m already missing him in Madrid..
eathb_au
Analyst
Posts: 3,104
And1: 708
Joined: May 30, 2010

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#12 » by eathb_au » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Still don't know how he fits with Monte. I guess one of them becomes the best 3rd PG in the league.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,866
And1: 7,276
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#13 » by The Rebel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:15 am

eathb_au wrote:Still don't know how he fits with Monte. I guess one of them becomes the best 3rd PG in the league.


Morris can play on or off the ball, it is one skill he has developed well. So I can see them being paired together with Barton and all 3 taking turns while Green and Hartenstein are in the corners for spot up 3s. It could work really well and give us a well rounded and productive bench which we were missing after the trade deadline last season.
eathb_au
Analyst
Posts: 3,104
And1: 708
Joined: May 30, 2010

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#14 » by eathb_au » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:26 am

The Rebel wrote:
eathb_au wrote:Still don't know how he fits with Monte. I guess one of them becomes the best 3rd PG in the league.


Morris can play on or off the ball, it is one skill he has developed well. So I can see them being paired together with Barton and all 3 taking turns while Green and Hartenstein are in the corners for spot up 3s. It could work really well and give us a well rounded and productive bench which we were missing after the trade deadline last season.


Neither Morris or Campazzo are elite shooters and both are undersized even for PG standards. I'm going to need believing for it to work in the NBA.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,866
And1: 7,276
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#15 » by The Rebel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:51 am

eathb_au wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
eathb_au wrote:Still don't know how he fits with Monte. I guess one of them becomes the best 3rd PG in the league.


Morris can play on or off the ball, it is one skill he has developed well. So I can see them being paired together with Barton and all 3 taking turns while Green and Hartenstein are in the corners for spot up 3s. It could work really well and give us a well rounded and productive bench which we were missing after the trade deadline last season.


Neither Morris or Campazzo are elite shooters and both are undersized even for PG standards. I'm going to need believing for it to work in the NBA.

Morris shoots 39.8% on spot up 3s, so while not elite he is pretty close, and Campazzo reportedly is a great midrange shooter, I can see it working on offense. I also agree that they will be undersized and that will hurt us on defense, but we may finally be able to stop those smaller bench scorers like Clarkson.
DaFan334
Analyst
Posts: 3,290
And1: 630
Joined: Jul 21, 2006

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#16 » by DaFan334 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:39 am



This video give a good look at the type of player we are getting. He could be really interesting. His defense is definitely a concern though.
Image
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,866
And1: 7,276
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#17 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:21 pm

DaFan334 wrote:
This video give a good look at the type of player we are getting. He could be really interesting. His defense is definitely a concern though.



While you are not going to see it in many highlight videos according to everything I am reading on him his defense is his best quality. He could be really good to combat the guys like Clarkson.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,919
And1: 4,210
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#18 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:42 pm

Feels like a Patrick Beverley-lite to me.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,291
And1: 3,456
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Facundo Campazzo agrees sign with Nuggets 

Post#19 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:23 pm

I'm okay with adding Campazzo, but I seriously doubt he'll be anything more than a 10 mpg type guy. Defense will be the biggest issue IMO and he'll probably struggle to get off his shots both inside and outside. However, his abilities do make him seem quite possibly a solid contributor when Jokic & Murray are both on the bench - but we'll have to wait and see.

The real question becomes, who plays backup PG? Morris? Dozier? Campazzo? and don't forget Howard on a two-way! His shooting alone might bring him into the picture - remembering that the best players to surround Jokic with are 3pt shooters that can open the lane and players that run and cut to take advantage of Jokic's passing.

Return to Denver Nuggets