Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:16 pm

Read on Twitter
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Game 17 : Denver Nuggets (9-7) @ Dallas Mavericks (8-8) - 8:30PM 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:46 pm

This game should be interesting. Of course no one matches up well against Jokic, but if Porzingis is hot, he's hard to match up with. If Murray is 100% and applying himself, he's almost unstoppable, but Doncic is a matchup problem for everyone.

Who is going to cover him? Harris is our best bet of course, but everyone better be ready to defend against him after a pick. His style is similar to Jokic - slow but great skills. Plus he's too big for most guards, even smaller small forwards like Barton.

If the Nuggets apply themselves for four quarters, I have no doubt they can beat anybody.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#3 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:58 pm

Dallas won 1st game in OT. Porzingins and Porter not played but today will play both. The most notable injured player today is Maws Josh Richardson.

I guess Jokic and Doncic will be once again an MVP level, so more intriguing is Murray vs KP and Barton vs MPJ (in terms of playing time) duels. If Porter will play 30+ minutes, Nuggets are favorites.

I remember prior to the draft many of us (including me) picked Josh Green as Nuggets' #22 pick. That rookie is happy to not join Malone's team, so today he is a starter.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:32 am

Tough matchup but surely one we can win, it will also show us if we're truly gaining momentum.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:28 am

Tell me again....why is Barton in the starting lineup ???

FilNugsFan
Sophomore
And1: 255

Post#6 » by FilNugsFan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:03 am

MPJ was having a good 2nd quarter and Malone takes him out.

What the hell is Malone's problem with MPJ?
skywalker33

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:24 am

Wow, ANOTHER disaster of a 3rd qtr.....imagine that :roll: :o

skywalker33

Post#8 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:53 am

Looks like MPJ is BACK !!

skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:02 am

Another Road Win !! See what a healthy roster will do for you....now to correct the Starting Lineup..

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#10 » by THE J0KER » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:44 am

For the first time this season, Jokic was clearly outplayed by the opponent star, so I hope Mickey8 is happy now because I guess the "WC player of the week" award upset him :lol:

But Nuggets was all-healthy while Mavs missed one starter and 3 bench players, so after great offensive 1st half and +12 on halftime, it seems like a routine win is coming, despite no MVP performance from Joker and Malone once again being Malone limiting MPJ on just 11 minutes in 1st half with obvious plan to use him regularly as under-25mpg bench player except when panic-button forced him to play him more (in double overtime win vs Suns MPJ played only 10 minutes in 1st but 25 minutes in the rest of the game). So, our problem is not Barton nor Millsap but MALONE! Green is also limited without any rational reason, when his TS% and +/- was great and Millsap sucks, he still not get over 25 minutes.

But despite +12 on halftime this not ends as a routine win (Dozier injury and Murray ejection were not helpful for sure, with Doncic being fantastic all-game long) with another 3rd quarter letdown.

Just 5 days ago, Nuggets literally don't have any single win of a close game, but now win three such games in the row, and which is best, MPJ is fast comeback without bad symptoms after COVID19. But he needs 30+ mpg (Green 25+) permanently. Rebounding was a big issue for Nuggets this season until last week. Dallas is another opponent we outrebounding badly (49-34), which is also very connected with MPJ presence because we playing now with tall forward instead of all these 4-guards rotations.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,884

Post#11 » by Richard Miller » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:01 am

MPJ was playing just his 7th game of the year and there plenty of games left in the season, no need for him to play heavy minutes already. If Murray didn't get kicked out probably this was a routine win.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:06 pm

Interesting, in game 16 we lost quarters 1-3 but in the 4th quarter we made it all up and won in OT. In this game we won 3 quarters. Inconsistency has become our normal game.

Clearly defense wasn't very important in this game, although Denver stepped up their defense in the second half.

Millsap & Barton were ineffective at best.
Harris needs to take more shots in my opinion.
Jokic & Murray & Porter carried the team with some help from Green.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,884

Post#13 » by Richard Miller » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:28 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Clearly defense wasn't very important in this game, although Denver stepped up their defense in the second half.

Millsap & Barton were ineffective at best.

I watched only the first half and Millsap started ok, did well on Porzingis and had few assists, not sure what happened later.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#14 » by TunaFish » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:14 pm

That was quite a performance from MPJ. His defense is picking up and his offense is taking off. He is an all NBA level talent who is going to get better.
Canned in Denver.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#15 » by Maf » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:51 pm

Ok so I'll be the first one who will call Murray an idiot for what he's done.

Green was very good and MPJ was blasting. Add Morris and it's easy to say bench won this game.

Barton had bad game (again). But even on his off game he was our 4th leader in rebounds and 2nd in assists. Plus ice cold killer with clutch free throws.

Also it is fair to say that if our leader and playmaker has more TO's then assists you can't be too happy about it.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:02 pm

Maf wrote:Ok so I'll be the first one who will call Murray an idiot for what he's done.

Green was very good and MPJ was blasting. Add Morris and it's easy to say bench won this game.

Barton had bad game (again). But even on his off game he was our 4th leader in rebounds and 2nd in assists. Plus ice cold killer with clutch free throws.

Also it is fair to say that if our leader and playmaker has more TO's then assists you can't be too happy about it.

Murray's going to say "it was an accident". <sigh>

No assists for Jokic typically means no movement on offense when he has the ball. I just don't understand it. If a player wants to score points and Jokic is on the floor, all they have to do is move. Set a back pick for someone and if they don't get open, you'll have a good chance to be open. Points are what most players are measured by and Jokic can rain points on anyone that wants to move.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#17 » by TunaFish » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:11 pm

Maf wrote:Ok so I'll be the first one who will call Murray an idiot for what he's done.

I am not so sure this wasn't a flop:

Canned in Denver.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#18 » by Maf » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:34 pm

TunaFish wrote:

I'd rather stay away from discussion about THJ dick size or balls sensitivity. Main thing is that was stupid move, like why the hell would you do anything like that on the basketball court? I am surprised noone on GB brought up Reggie Evans and said something like "yeah, that's what they do in there..."
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
skywalker33

Post#19 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:45 pm

Maf wrote:
TunaFish wrote:

I'd rather stay away from discussion about THJ dick size or balls sensitivity. Main thing is that was stupid move, like why the hell would you do anything like that on the basketball court? I am surprised noone on GB brought up Reggie Evans and said something like "yeah, that's what they do in there..."

WOW, Where'd that come from, left field ?? Regardless, it was a mistake that took Murray off the court and made this game more difficult. Wonder if THJ was antagonizing Murray previously in the game, still show a lack of professionalism.

TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#20 » by TunaFish » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:53 am

With Dozier injured, R.J. Hampton is going to get a longer look.
Canned in Denver.

Return to Denver Nuggets