The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Game 24 : Cleveland Cavaliers (10-15) @ Denver Nuggets (12-11) - 9:00PM 

Post#41 » by The Rebel » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:53 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Agreed - but that lineup scares me :nod: because Malone is playing lots of four guard lineups and Nnaji isn't ready to play NBA centers IMO - but that lineup takes small-ball to new levels. :lol: But hey, as you say, it was rather effective. :cowboy:

That's far from a small-ball lineup and it does give both Zeke and RJ some PT, why would that be scary to Nugget fans ?? How does Nnaji and Millsap on the court together have anything to do with a 4-guard lineup ? Left-field...

If I'm left-field, you're a foul ball.
Four-guard lineup is something this board has talked about this year.
and
The lineup The Rebel mentioned was
6'9"
67"
6'4"
6'2"
5'10"
That is very small ball!

More important that height is ability. I know we all watched Dan Issell have a hall of fame career as a 6'9" Center long before this supposed small ball crap. He got hurt in some lineups but also ran guys off the court.

Millsap is too slow to chase a lot of the PFs that like to play on the perimeter these days, and has spent most of his career getting switched onto true bigs. That is the one this he is still good at guarding one on one this year, lower level and backup bigs.

Nnaji to me looks good guarding PFs that he has been facing, he makes rookie mistakes but keeps up most of the time. Millsap is better against Centers.

To me the issue is one of RJ, Campazzo, or Morris trying to guard true SFs. Put Dozier at backup SF and RJ at backup SG and I think our bench defense works well and the offense is still able to create space and operate when Jokic and Murray head to the bench.

Return to Denver Nuggets