Game 24 : Cleveland Cavaliers (10-15) @ Denver Nuggets (12-11) - 9:00PM

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Re: Game 24 : Cleveland Cavaliers (10-15) @ Denver Nuggets (12-11) - 9:00PM 

Post#21 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:06 am

GREAT NEWS: 3rd quarter curse is solved, Nuggets outplayed Cavs today in 3rd!
FACT CHECK: Nuggets are the third-worst team this season in the 3rd quarter, but the Cavs are the worst.

But if this game is not enough to say that the Nuggets fixed the 3rd quarter problem, at least we can be sure that MPJ back his shooting confidence in this 3rd quarter, scoring 14 points.

A week ago two 2020 draft 1st rounders with the smallest playing time are Nnaji and Hampton, both Nuggets (#22 and #24 pick). Just a week later we can ask - what the hell Malone doing. Energetic, good rebounding guards, and dynamic 3pt good shooting bigs are pure gold, not the last type of players some coach will give chance.

According to his birthday performance, Millsap is going to play better at 26 than at 35 :lol:
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,217

Post#22 » by GeorgeSears » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:16 am

THE J0KER wrote:GREAT NEWS: 3rd quarter curse is solved, Nuggets outplayed Cavs today in 3rd!
FACT CHECK: Nuggets are the third-worst team this season in the 3rd quarter, but the Cavs are the worst.

But if this game is not enough to say that the Nuggets fixed the 3rd quarter problem, at least we can be sure that MPJ back his shooting confidence in this 3rd quarter, scoring 14 points.

A week ago two 2020 draft 1st rounders with the smallest playing time are Nnaji and Hampton, both Nuggets (#22 and #24 pick). Just a week later we can ask - what the hell Malone doing. Energetic, good rebounding guards, and dynamic 3pt good shooting bigs are pure gold, not the last type of players some coach will give chance.

According to his birthday performance, Millsap is going to play better at 26 than at 35 :lol:

Hampton does seem to struggle finishing and tends to play "hot potato" with the ball too much. His confidence will surely improve as the season progress, but love his willingness to rebound.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#23 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:37 am

THE J0KER wrote:GREAT NEWS: 3rd quarter curse is solved, Nuggets outplayed Cavs today in 3rd!

Little early for THAT declaration, but it's gotta start somewhere

THE J0KER wrote:But if this game is not enough to say that the Nuggets fixed the 3rd quarter problem, at least we can be sure that MPJ back his shooting confidence in this 3rd quarter, scoring 14 points.

Agreed, but it WAS the Cavs

THE J0KER wrote:A week ago two 2020 draft 1st rounders with the smallest playing time are Nnaji and Hampton, both Nuggets (#22 and #24 pick). Just a week later we can ask - what the hell Malone doing. Energetic, good rebounding guards, and dynamic 3pt good shooting bigs are pure gold, not the last type of players some coach will give chance.

Gotta get these guys some more PT, only need Malone to see this (which still isn't a given)

THE J0KER wrote:According to his birthday performance, Millsap is going to play better at 26 than at 35 :lol:

Huh ???? :noway:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#24 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:53 am

30+ points in each quarter and the first time this year the Nuggets outscored their opponent in all four quarters. IMO they tend to let up too often, so that was nice to see.

Cleveland had 18 Oreb - but they are one of the better Oreb teams in the league. What surprised me is they outrebounded Denver. Oh well, it was a little crazy in terms of stats. :nod:

Loved seeing Nnaji get 19 minutes. Showed some nice offense but only one rebound. What I really enjoyed watching him handle the ball on a slowish fast break. He certainly isn't going to take Murray's job at ball handling :lol: but just that one glimpse showed he'll probably be as good as Millsap in terms of handles - and that's not bad.

Hampton showed a nice all around game in his 19 minutes.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#25 » by Richard Miller » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:40 pm

"It was the Cavs", yea and they lost twice to the Cavs last season iirc :P
skywalker33

Post#26 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:23 pm

Richard Miller wrote:"It was the Cavs", yea and they lost twice to the Cavs last season iirc :P

And we've lost THREE time this year to the Kings.... :noway:

Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#27 » by Richard Miller » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:50 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:"It was the Cavs", yea and they lost twice to the Cavs last season iirc :P

To the Kings and refs, at least in that first game, it was even in the two minutes report I think
skywalker33

Post#28 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

To the Kings and refs, at least in that first game, it was even in the two minutes report I think

It was, they had FIVE mistakes in the last two mins of the initial Kings game that turned it over in favor of the Kings but what does it matter, still counts as an L for us (and a W for the refs ?).

Just really would like to see Nnaji get more mins to help develop his game, even in the G League. I really feel like the guy has the potential to contribute early, whether by the playoffs or early into his 2nd season, guess that all depends on Malone's and the FO's foresight.

Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#29 » by Maf » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Now that was a game I needed. No nerves, watching our bench guys for extended time, even enjoyed former Nugget McGee hitting turnarounds and blocking shots. (cause I knew we'll win anyway) I'd give high praise to eleven our players. I think I might have jinx Howard. Since I wrote I'd like to watch his shooting he is 2-14... He is baller, no doubt. And he can and probably will be very good player either in Europe or in China. But I am starting to believe NBA is just too big and fast for him.

There is only guy that won't get positive mention by me. Bol Bol... Not saying player must act like this is G7 of the finals but his jogging around and body language didn't say "coach you need to play me more." Compare it with our rookies, enjoying every second on the floor. Isiah played with attitude "hey I might not to play as much as I want to but look what I can do." Only Bol Bol showed I don't give a **** stance.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
skywalker33

Post#30 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:11 am

Anyone else notice that, in a dominating blowout game by the Nuggets, Mickey8 is conveniently missing ??? :lol: :lol:

Not that I'm complaining, mind you :wink:

Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#31 » by Richard Miller » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:47 am

skywalker33 wrote:Anyone else notice that, in a dominating blowout game by the Nuggets, Mickey8 is conveniently missing ??? :lol: :lol:

"Jokic passive again, only 12 points", there I did my best impression :lol:
skywalker33

Post#32 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:09 am

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Anyone else notice that, in a dominating blowout game by the Nuggets, Mickey8 is conveniently missing ??? :lol: :lol:

"Jokic passive again, only 12 points", there I did my best impression :lol:

Beginning to like you more and more 8-)

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#33 » by The Rebel » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:18 pm

I liked that lineup with Millsap at the Center position on the court with Nnaji, Hampton, Campazzo, and Morris. Morris and Millsap seemed to keep the young guys calmer and more focused and especially the 2 young guys looked great in those 5 or 6 minutes they were all out there together.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:30 am

The Rebel wrote:I liked that lineup with Millsap at the Center position on the court with Nnaji, Hampton, Campazzo, and Morris. Morris and Millsap seemed to keep the young guys calmer and more focused and especially the 2 young guys looked great in those 5 or 6 minutes they were all out there together.

Agreed - but that lineup scares me :nod: because Malone is playing lots of four guard lineups and Nnaji isn't ready to play NBA centers IMO - but that lineup takes small-ball to new levels. :lol: But hey, as you say, it was rather effective. :cowboy:
skywalker33

Post#35 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:01 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:I liked that lineup with Millsap at the Center position on the court with Nnaji, Hampton, Campazzo, and Morris. Morris and Millsap seemed to keep the young guys calmer and more focused and especially the 2 young guys looked great in those 5 or 6 minutes they were all out there together.

Agreed - but that lineup scares me :nod: because Malone is playing lots of four guard lineups and Nnaji isn't ready to play NBA centers IMO - but that lineup takes small-ball to new levels. :lol: But hey, as you say, it was rather effective. :cowboy:

That's far from a small-ball lineup and it does give both Zeke and RJ some PT, why would that be scary to Nugget fans ?? How does Nnaji and Millsap on the court together have anything to do with a 4-guard lineup ? Left-field...

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:17 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

That's far from a small-ball lineup and it does give both Zeke and RJ some PT, why would that be scary to Nugget fans ?? How does Nnaji and Millsap on the court together have anything to do with a 4-guard lineup ? Left-field...

If I'm left-field, you're a foul ball.
Four-guard lineup is something this board has talked about this year.
and
The lineup The Rebel mentioned was
6'9"
67"
6'4"
6'2"
5'10"
That is very small ball!
skywalker33

Post#37 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:42 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Agreed - but that lineup scares me :nod: because Malone is playing lots of four guard lineups and Nnaji isn't ready to play NBA centers IMO - but that lineup takes small-ball to new levels. :lol: But hey, as you say, it was rather effective. :cowboy:

and
6'9"
67"
6'4"
6'2"
5'10"
That is very small ball!

Listed heights are as follows, maybe you've measured them yourself, IDK
Nnaji is 6-11
Millsap is 6-8.
RJ is 6-5
Morris is 6-2
Campazzo is 5-10

While the back court is small, it's very experienced, the front court seems very normal in the NBA. Neither Nnaji or Millsap are guards so that's was where the Left-field comment came from, you seemed to re-direct the conversation from The Rebel's post at a whim. So calling me a "foul ball" just seem petty and a bit of a personal attack, but guess that's OK here.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:14 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:That's far from a small-ball lineup and it does give both Zeke and RJ some PT, why would that be scary to Nugget fans ?? How does Nnaji and Millsap on the court together have anything to do with a 4-guard lineup ? Left-field...

and
6'9"
67"
6'4"
6'2"
5'10"
That is very small ball!

Nnaji is 6-11
Millsap is 6-8.
RJ is 6-5
Morris is 6-2
Campazzo is 5-10

While the back court is small, it's very experienced, the front court seems very normal in the NBA. Neither Nnaji or Millsap are guards so that's was where the Left-field comment came from, you seemed to re-direct the conversation from The Rebel's post at a whim. So calling me a "foul ball" just seem petty and a bit of a personal attack, but guess that's OK here.

Oops, silly me. I was reading from the official Denver Nuggets page on NBA.com.
skywalker33

Post#39 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:24 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:If I'm left-field, you're a foul ball.
and
6'9"
67"
6'4"
6'2"
5'10"
That is very small ball!

Nnaji is 6-11
Millsap is 6-8.
RJ is 6-5
Morris is 6-2
Campazzo is 5-10

Well what the hell, don't believe everything you read, Left Field

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:03 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Nnaji is 6-11
Millsap is 6-8.
RJ is 6-5
Morris is 6-2
Campazzo is 5-10

Well what the hell, don't believe everything you read, Left Field

I don't, but that's the official site, so ... it is what we should use. And no, I don't believe everything I read and that includes RealGM posters (and yup, that means question me).

Return to Denver Nuggets