ImageImageImage

Game 46 : Atlanta Hawks (23-22) @ Denver Nuggets (27-18) - 9:00 PM

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Game 46 : Atlanta Hawks (23-22) @ Denver Nuggets (27-18) - 9:00 PM 

Post#21 » by skywalker33 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:30 am

mirmil wrote:I'd switch PJ and Barton. Having 2nd unit in something like Facu-Barton-Zeke-Green-Javale/Paul

Seems to balance things out but can't say Barton will be happy about it.l
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#22 » by THE J0KER » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:30 am

Our frontcourt defense is clearly improved, while Millsap and Green together on the bench make our bench much more powerful.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#23 » by TunaFish » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:06 am

skywalker33 wrote:
mirmil wrote:I'd switch PJ and Barton. Having 2nd unit in something like Facu-Barton-Zeke-Green-Javale/Paul

Notice that Barton was playing extended minutes with the bench in the 4th quarter. I wonder if Morris will be inserted back into the starting lineup and Malone is trying to convince Barton that the team would benefit from moving him to the bench? Millsap looks comfortable on the bench.

Gordon looks like he has always played with the Nuggets' starters. MPJ continues to impress and Jokic looks like he is firmly in charge.

This could be Denver's best basketball team in club history.
Canned in Denver.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#24 » by Mac1958 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:35 am

TunaFish wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Notice that Barton was playing extended minutes with the bench in the 4th quarter. I wonder if Morris will be inserted back into the starting lineup and Malone is trying to convince Barton that the team would benefit from moving him to the bench? Millsap looks comfortable on the bench.

Gordon looks like he has always played with the Nuggets' starters. MPJ continues to impress and Jokic looks like he is firmly in charge.

This could be Denver's best basketball team in club history.

Yeah, this is pretty nice to watch, and I'd agree with bringing Barton in off the bench. Morris isn't a big scorer, and the bench last night was Milsap, Green, Nnaji, Cancar, Bol, Compazzo, Howard, Dozier, McGee. While I like those guys, there's not a lot of scoring punch there. And now the Nuggets have the luxury of going after pure shooters in the draft and free agency.

I'd agree, this may be the best Nuggets team in a long time.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#25 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:45 am

basketballRob wrote:Did AG get injured? Noticed he didn't play much.

If you didn't get to see the game, that's a reasonable question. I watch the games via delay and I have seen the other responses you received and I agree. I just wanted to add that 21 minutes for a first game with a new team in the middle of a season with no practice time - especially a team like Denver where motion is important (and different because of Jokic), I was a little surprised he started and got the 21 minutes. Knowing our coach, I half expected Gordon to come off the bench and get about 15-20. I liked Malone starting him and most of his minutes coming with Jokic & Murray.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:55 am

Coeur wrote:One game sample size obviously doesn’t mean too much. But Barton should never lead the team in shots. This comes when you put him with the 4 best offensive players and the other team wants him to have the ball and as many shots as possible

One game, you're right, and I'm not going to get too excited about it - but it does give me hope.

There are two reasons Barton sometimes leds the Nuggets in shot attempts:
1. Malone believes in Barton.
2. Barton believes in Barton. :sour: Fortunately, up until now, Barton has been 4th in FGA overall. Hopefully that drops to 5th with Gordon on the team. Just remember that Barton is definitely not on the court for his defense, so we have to live with his offense as long as he is Malone's darling.
Coeur wrote:The reverse happens for dozier: do the Nugs want him to be a scorer off the bench? Shouldn’t. Flip him and Barton.

Coeur wrote:Obviously with Morris out campazzo has to play. This proves why you don’t start Morris when he comes back.

:wavefinger: I don't like hearing that. I like Dozier and thinks he has potential, but you're probably right. During the off-season, Barton & Dozier & Compazzo & Bol would be three players I would consider trading. Not because I don't like them but because I don't see them as top-8 on the Nuggets and they all have value, at least to some teams.
Coeur wrote:Millsap role needs to go to Nnaji

I wish!
Coeur wrote:Green was special in short minutes. He should be guy 9 when a team doesn’t use 2 centers. Javale guy nine when teams play big.

Barton & Green are probably the streakiest shooters on our team. I wish Malone would give them big minutes when they are hot and give their minutes to other players when they are not hot.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:56 am

skywalker33 wrote:

:rofl2:
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#28 » by psimanic1 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:56 am

I also think that Gordon could be part of the thing where Malone has to use Murray or Jokic all the time, so Jokic can get some rest earlier than 1min to end the third, so he can play more in 4th. I mean, he was 1b in ORL, or 2nd best at worst, and playing him some minutes with Facu would lead to some easy pts. Also, defense with him, Green, Millsap, PJ should be really really good

Return to Denver Nuggets