ImageImageImage

Game 48: Denver Nuggets (29-18) @ Los Angeles Clippers (32-17) - 10:00PM

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,683
And1: 8,226
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Game 48: Denver Nuggets (29-18) @ Los Angeles Clippers (32-17) - 10:00PM 

Post#21 » by The Rebel » Fri Apr 2, 2021 11:26 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Its not just MVP race, he will never gain more respect from the bias refs, if he's going to be passive on the offensive end of the floor, he can score 20 plus points in his sleep yet he's submissive to freaking Barton.



Mickey, I get the disgruntlement in your posts but Jokic is really setting the tone for this team to play together AS A TEAM. Hard to disagree because you never know how Murray will play throughout the game, does he just start the game slow or does he complete bail on the game. In that instance, Jokic should be looking for go for 30-35ppg. Those instances are why he needs to stay aggressive throughout the game, not just try to orchestrate it.



I am fine with him orchestrating the offense in the 1st half. It forces the defense to spread and cover all the players and gives Jokic more room to operate in the 2nd half. My issue with the entire team in the 3rd quarter is that when Jokic and Murray should be taking over the game and putting it away, Barton starts his "bullshitting" as he calls it, and half the team goes iso and tries to make the fancy play instead of the smart play. Jokic, Malone, and to a lesser extent Murray have to put a stop to that ****. We get up we should be pushing the lead, not **** around.

As for the refs, I cannot be the only one that has noticed that Jokic is not nearly as aggressive in the games that Bill Kennedy and Marc Davis are reffing? I think we all know that those 2 as well as a couple of others do not like Jokic and do not even try to hide it. So say that Davis is racist, and considering how he has reffed Jokic and Doncic I believe it.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,683
And1: 8,226
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Game 48: Denver Nuggets (29-18) @ Los Angeles Clippers (32-17) - 10:00PM 

Post#22 » by The Rebel » Fri Apr 2, 2021 11:28 pm

Until we get our bench figured out we are going to have problems against good teams, even with the shortened rotations in the playoffs we have to find a way to get guys scoring off the bench.
mirmil
Freshman
Posts: 95
And1: 56
Joined: Jan 26, 2021
   

Re: Game 48: Denver Nuggets (29-18) @ Los Angeles Clippers (32-17) - 10:00PM 

Post#23 » by mirmil » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:49 am

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Its not just MVP race, he will never gain more respect from the bias refs, if he's going to be passive on the offensive end of the floor, he can score 20 plus points in his sleep yet he's submissive to freaking Barton.



Mickey, I get the disgruntlement in your posts but Jokic is really setting the tone for this team to play together AS A TEAM. Hard to disagree because you never know how Murray will play throughout the game, does he just start the game slow or does he complete bail on the game. In that instance, Jokic should be looking for go for 30-35ppg. Those instances are why he needs to stay aggressive throughout the game, not just try to orchestrate it.



I am fine with him orchestrating the offense in the 1st half. It forces the defense to spread and cover all the players and gives Jokic more room to operate in the 2nd half. My issue with the entire team in the 3rd quarter is that when Jokic and Murray should be taking over the game and putting it away, Barton starts his "bullshitting" as he calls it, and half the team goes iso and tries to make the fancy play instead of the smart play. Jokic, Malone, and to a lesser extent Murray have to put a stop to that ****. We get up we should be pushing the lead, not **** around.

As for the refs, I cannot be the only one that has noticed that Jokic is not nearly as aggressive in the games that Bill Kennedy and Marc Davis are reffing? I think we all know that those 2 as well as a couple of others do not like Jokic and do not even try to hide it. So say that Davis is racist, and considering how he has reffed Jokic and Doncic I believe it.


When Monte gets back I don't have problem with Barton starting. I have problem with him starting the 3rd Q. In best case for him I'd give him last 3-4 mins of 3rd Q and some beginning minutes in 4th.
Timmyyy
Junior
Posts: 371
And1: 375
Joined: May 21, 2019
   

Re: Game 48: Denver Nuggets (29-18) @ Los Angeles Clippers (32-17) - 10:00PM 

Post#24 » by Timmyyy » Sat Apr 3, 2021 8:51 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:Again, Campazzo should not be playing 20 minutes in a game. Let Dozier play point with Murray resting.
Yeah, because Dozier is so good at handling the ball and running the offense.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using RealGM mobile app


Well, at least he can score some buckets (when he isn't in a shooting slump ). Strange enough, Dozier came into the league as a PG, aren't those what PG's primary duties are ??


Actually yes but obviously college is a lot different for a PG. I think college is the only reason people still believe he is a PG or anything close to it. But I didn't think that there are people that watch him every game and still feel that way.

He isn't at all a good scorer, he can score a bit off ball but he is pretty bad on ball. He was at 40% from three before he got injured when he had Monte and campazzo handling the ball in the second unit. Since he came back Morris is out, he took on secondary handling duties and had one good game and was absolutely horrible the rest of the games.
How people can seriously watch him fumbling the ball as soon as he dribbles into traffic, completely losing his vision for the game because he is too busy trying not to lose his handle and bricking basically every pull up jumper he takes and think this guy should handle the ball more is beyond me. The guy has not just horrible handle for a PG but pretty bad handles for a ballhandling wing too.

Campazzo has some really bad shooting games and it can be really frustrating but to be fair he had a good amount of great games too. He is solid at orchestrating the offense. Especially in the game in question he took one shot, hit that three and had five assists, playing good d and orchestrating the offense on the second unit while dozier was busy trying to keep the ball in his hands and bricking pull ups. How can you comment after such a game that facu needs less minutes and Dozier needs to do more of the exact things he is so bad at? I don't get it.

My past posts on dozier show that I love him as a player (and i basically do not care about campazzo for that matter). He is on a cheap contract, low ego and has a lot of useful skills we need. He can shoot spot up threes reasonably well, good cutter and finisher and most importantly a great defender. In my eyes even underrated as a defender. So you want to put such a player into an off ball offense role and let him do his magic on defense. He is a SG/SF that you do not give any on ball duties and in that role he might be a very impactful player. Handling the ball, he is a huge negative offensively. Malone is misusing him big time at the moment. Although with Monte out, he might be a little forced to do it.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,696
And1: 4,656
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Game 48: Denver Nuggets (29-18) @ Los Angeles Clippers (32-17) - 10:00PM 

Post#25 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:03 pm

Timmyyy wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:Yeah, because Dozier is so good at handling the ball and running the offense.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using RealGM mobile app


Well, at least he can score some buckets (when he isn't in a shooting slump ). Strange enough, Dozier came into the league as a PG, aren't those what PG's primary duties are ??


Actually yes but obviously college is a lot different for a PG. I think college is the only reason people still believe he is a PG or anything close to it. But I didn't think that there are people that watch him every game and still feel that way.

He isn't at all a good scorer, he can score a bit off ball but he is pretty bad on ball. He was at 40% from three before he got injured when he had Monte and campazzo handling the ball in the second unit. Since he came back Morris is out, he took on secondary handling duties and had one good game and was absolutely horrible the rest of the games.
How people can seriously watch him fumbling the ball as soon as he dribbles into traffic, completely losing his vision for the game because he is too busy trying not to lose his handle and bricking basically every pull up jumper he takes and think this guy should handle the ball more is beyond me. The guy has not just horrible handle for a PG but pretty bad handles for a ballhandling wing too.

Campazzo has some really bad shooting games and it can be really frustrating but to be fair he had a good amount of great games too. He is solid at orchestrating the offense. Especially in the game in question he took one shot, hit that three and had five assists, playing good d and orchestrating the offense on the second unit while dozier was busy trying to keep the ball in his hands and bricking pull ups. How can you comment after such a game that facu needs less minutes and Dozier needs to do more of the exact things he is so bad at? I don't get it.

My past posts on dozier show that I love him as a player (and i basically do not care about campazzo for that matter). He is on a cheap contract, low ego and has a lot of useful skills we need. He can shoot spot up threes reasonably well, good cutter and finisher and most importantly a great defender. In my eyes even underrated as a defender. So you want to put such a player into an off ball offense role and let him do his magic on defense. He is a SG/SF that you do not give any on ball duties and in that role he might be a very impactful player. Handling the ball, he is a huge negative offensively. Malone is misusing him big time at the moment. Although with Monte out, he might be a little forced to do it.



Sorry, your defense of Facu struck a nerve, while I like his veteran metality, effort and pesky defense, he can't shoot a lick. He is almost as frustrating as Barton in my book. It has always felt like one of the FO's "I'm smarter than you are" free agent signings that never turned out like they expected. Now I get it, I too have seen some incredible ball-handling/passing skills from Facu but honestly his Euro fan base is off-base, he was touted as the BEST PG in European league, I just don't see it.

Then to disparage Dozier seemed unnecessary. I agree PJ isn't the best scorer (especially right now, that slump is killing me) but he does defend and has size and versatility on his side.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
Timmyyy
Junior
Posts: 371
And1: 375
Joined: May 21, 2019
   

Re: Game 48: Denver Nuggets (29-18) @ Los Angeles Clippers (32-17) - 10:00PM 

Post#26 » by Timmyyy » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:18 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Well, at least he can score some buckets (when he isn't in a shooting slump ). Strange enough, Dozier came into the league as a PG, aren't those what PG's primary duties are ??


Actually yes but obviously college is a lot different for a PG. I think college is the only reason people still believe he is a PG or anything close to it. But I didn't think that there are people that watch him every game and still feel that way.

He isn't at all a good scorer, he can score a bit off ball but he is pretty bad on ball. He was at 40% from three before he got injured when he had Monte and campazzo handling the ball in the second unit. Since he came back Morris is out, he took on secondary handling duties and had one good game and was absolutely horrible the rest of the games.
How people can seriously watch him fumbling the ball as soon as he dribbles into traffic, completely losing his vision for the game because he is too busy trying not to lose his handle and bricking basically every pull up jumper he takes and think this guy should handle the ball more is beyond me. The guy has not just horrible handle for a PG but pretty bad handles for a ballhandling wing too.

Campazzo has some really bad shooting games and it can be really frustrating but to be fair he had a good amount of great games too. He is solid at orchestrating the offense. Especially in the game in question he took one shot, hit that three and had five assists, playing good d and orchestrating the offense on the second unit while dozier was busy trying to keep the ball in his hands and bricking pull ups. How can you comment after such a game that facu needs less minutes and Dozier needs to do more of the exact things he is so bad at? I don't get it.

My past posts on dozier show that I love him as a player (and i basically do not care about campazzo for that matter). He is on a cheap contract, low ego and has a lot of useful skills we need. He can shoot spot up threes reasonably well, good cutter and finisher and most importantly a great defender. In my eyes even underrated as a defender. So you want to put such a player into an off ball offense role and let him do his magic on defense. He is a SG/SF that you do not give any on ball duties and in that role he might be a very impactful player. Handling the ball, he is a huge negative offensively. Malone is misusing him big time at the moment. Although with Monte out, he might be a little forced to do it.



Sorry, your defense of Facu struck a nerve, while I like his veteran metality, effort and pesky defense, he can't shoot a lick. He is almost as frustrating as Barton in my book. It has always felt like one of the FO's "I'm smarter than you are" free agent signings that never turned out like they expected. Now I get it, I too have seen some incredible ball-handling/passing skills from Facu but honestly his Euro fan base is off-base, he was touted as the BEST PG in European league, I just don't see it.

Then to disparage Dozier seemed unnecessary. I agree PJ isn't the best scorer (especially right now, that slump is killing me) but he does defend and has size and versatility on his side.


It's not unnecessary...

Someone said that we should play him at the point which is a horrible idea. I pointed that out. And your defense of Dozier I already gave myself. I love that guy, but let him be a 3&D and not a point. It seems you agree with me but can't take the ugly truth about Doziers weaknesses because you like him.

And with Facu it's the other way around. You agree with me that he has his positives and that he is a better PG than Dozier (at least it feels that way from your post), but you can't stand that I pointed it out because you don't like him.

I was pretty clear that all I said was about PG skills and not about the overall players. And what I said feels pretty obvious to me. Pointing that out isn't unnecessary just because you like Dozier more than Facu (as do I).
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,696
And1: 4,656
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Game 48: Denver Nuggets (29-18) @ Los Angeles Clippers (32-17) - 10:00PM 

Post#27 » by skywalker33 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:06 pm

Timmyyy wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:
Actually yes but obviously college is a lot different for a PG. I think college is the only reason people still believe he is a PG or anything close to it. But I didn't think that there are people that watch him every game and still feel that way.

He isn't at all a good scorer, he can score a bit off ball but he is pretty bad on ball. He was at 40% from three before he got injured when he had Monte and campazzo handling the ball in the second unit. Since he came back Morris is out, he took on secondary handling duties and had one good game and was absolutely horrible the rest of the games.
How people can seriously watch him fumbling the ball as soon as he dribbles into traffic, completely losing his vision for the game because he is too busy trying not to lose his handle and bricking basically every pull up jumper he takes and think this guy should handle the ball more is beyond me. The guy has not just horrible handle for a PG but pretty bad handles for a ballhandling wing too.

Campazzo has some really bad shooting games and it can be really frustrating but to be fair he had a good amount of great games too. He is solid at orchestrating the offense. Especially in the game in question he took one shot, hit that three and had five assists, playing good d and orchestrating the offense on the second unit while dozier was busy trying to keep the ball in his hands and bricking pull ups. How can you comment after such a game that facu needs less minutes and Dozier needs to do more of the exact things he is so bad at? I don't get it.

My past posts on dozier show that I love him as a player (and i basically do not care about campazzo for that matter). He is on a cheap contract, low ego and has a lot of useful skills we need. He can shoot spot up threes reasonably well, good cutter and finisher and most importantly a great defender. In my eyes even underrated as a defender. So you want to put such a player into an off ball offense role and let him do his magic on defense. He is a SG/SF that you do not give any on ball duties and in that role he might be a very impactful player. Handling the ball, he is a huge negative offensively. Malone is misusing him big time at the moment. Although with Monte out, he might be a little forced to do it.



Sorry, your defense of Facu struck a nerve, while I like his veteran metality, effort and pesky defense, he can't shoot a lick. He is almost as frustrating as Barton in my book. It has always felt like one of the FO's "I'm smarter than you are" free agent signings that never turned out like they expected. Now I get it, I too have seen some incredible ball-handling/passing skills from Facu but honestly his Euro fan base is off-base, he was touted as the BEST PG in European league, I just don't see it.

Then to disparage Dozier seemed unnecessary. I agree PJ isn't the best scorer (especially right now, that slump is killing me) but he does defend and has size and versatility on his side.


It's not unnecessary...

Someone said that we should play him at the point which is a horrible idea. I pointed that out. And your defense of Dozier I already gave myself. I love that guy, but let him be a 3&D and not a point. It seems you agree with me but can't take the ugly truth about Doziers weaknesses because you like him.

And with Facu it's the other way around. You agree with me that he has his positives and that he is a better PG than Dozier (at least it feels that way from your post), but you can't stand that I pointed it out because you don't like him.

I was pretty clear that all I said was about PG skills and not about the overall players. And what I said feels pretty obvious to me. Pointing that out isn't unnecessary just because you like Dozier more than Facu (as do I).


Watch some G-league highlights of Dozier and you'll see his PG skills, very apparent. Just because you don't like/don't see him as a PG, that idea is horrible ?? His size alow creates mismatches that Facu will never present. Whether these are cultivated by the Nuggets at the NBA level is up to them, seems like they do want him more as a 3&D wing due to his size.

I don't care for Facu much at all, a veteran PG that can't shoot allows defenses to play 5-on-4 on offense. I do like his pesky defense but would rather have Dozier's size (combined with his shooting ability) rather than see some occasional pretty assists (get more of that from Joker).

I am pretty clear all I pointed out was feel Dozier can shoot better than Facu. Sorry you took umbrage to the word UNNECESSARY, guess I take umbrage to all the Euro hype of Facu when I think he was a bad signing for this team. And I don't take ANYONE'S TRUTH that I don't agree with, all that is is your OPINION, not TRUTH, get over yourself.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
Timmyyy
Junior
Posts: 371
And1: 375
Joined: May 21, 2019
   

Re: Game 48: Denver Nuggets (29-18) @ Los Angeles Clippers (32-17) - 10:00PM 

Post#28 » by Timmyyy » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:46 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Sorry, your defense of Facu struck a nerve, while I like his veteran metality, effort and pesky defense, he can't shoot a lick. He is almost as frustrating as Barton in my book. It has always felt like one of the FO's "I'm smarter than you are" free agent signings that never turned out like they expected. Now I get it, I too have seen some incredible ball-handling/passing skills from Facu but honestly his Euro fan base is off-base, he was touted as the BEST PG in European league, I just don't see it.

Then to disparage Dozier seemed unnecessary. I agree PJ isn't the best scorer (especially right now, that slump is killing me) but he does defend and has size and versatility on his side.


It's not unnecessary...

Someone said that we should play him at the point which is a horrible idea. I pointed that out. And your defense of Dozier I already gave myself. I love that guy, but let him be a 3&D and not a point. It seems you agree with me but can't take the ugly truth about Doziers weaknesses because you like him.

And with Facu it's the other way around. You agree with me that he has his positives and that he is a better PG than Dozier (at least it feels that way from your post), but you can't stand that I pointed it out because you don't like him.

I was pretty clear that all I said was about PG skills and not about the overall players. And what I said feels pretty obvious to me. Pointing that out isn't unnecessary just because you like Dozier more than Facu (as do I).


Watch some G-league highlights of Dozier and you'll see his PG skills, very apparent. Just because you don't like/don't see him as a PG, that idea is horrible ?? His size alow creates mismatches that Facu will never present. Whether these are cultivated by the Nuggets at the NBA level is up to them, seems like they do want him more as a 3&D wing due to his size.

I don't care for Facu much at all, a veteran PG that can't shoot allows defenses to play 5-on-4 on offense. I do like his pesky defense but would rather have Dozier's size (combined with his shooting ability) rather than see some occasional pretty assists (get more of that from Joker).

I am pretty clear all I pointed out was feel Dozier can shoot better than Facu. Sorry you took umbrage to the word UNNECESSARY, guess I take umbrage to all the Euro hype of Facu when I think he was a bad signing for this team. And I don't take ANYONE'S TRUTH that I don't agree with, all that is is your OPINION, not TRUTH, get over yourself.


If you put Dwight Howard at the PG position you have even more size mismatches. That isn't an argument. Being a PG in the Gleague and having highlight plays there is neither since the level is way lower and it's well, just highlights. I gave way more to substantiate my opinion than "just because I don't like him there" so I won't repeat it. And it is so obvious every times he handles the ball too. Degrading my opinion as "just because I don't like him there" is also very funny because the And1 count on the post in question leads me to believe there are a lot of people on this board that are seeing these obvious things as well.
You know why we won't see him showing his PG skills in the NBA? Because no NBA team will allow him to do it full time. Facu might also not make it in the NBA after his time with the Nuggets but he is and was allowed to play this position everywhere he went. Dozier was never. A well run NBA organization shows it right now. But well I guess it's just because I don't like Dozier there.

Btw no need to go full capital letter mode on here. Who is talking about truth? I laid out my case! Am I supposed to put a "in my opinion" in front of every sentence?
Relax a little my man, it seems like YOU (did I use it right here?) have to get over yourself before you get a heart attack. In the end we are talking basketball here. And we even like the same team.
It's a difference in opinion (a rather weird one to me but nevertheless), so we can drop it there. No reason to get emotionally invested. Peace!
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,696
And1: 4,656
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Game 48: Denver Nuggets (29-18) @ Los Angeles Clippers (32-17) - 10:00PM 

Post#29 » by skywalker33 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:05 pm

Timmyyy wrote:If you put Dwight Howard at the PG position you have even more size mismatches. That isn't an argument.

It's not ??? Tell that to Magic Johnson....noiticed you didn't use Jokic as you Center in this example, but Dwight suits your argument.


Timmyyy wrote:Being a PG in the Gleague and having highlight plays there is neither since the level is way lower and it's well, just highlights. I gave way more to substantiate my opinion than "just because I don't like him there" so I won't repeat it.


What did you substantiate ?? You gave your opinion, and that's fine and all, you prefer Dozier at 3&D SF/SG, I don't have an issue with that. I prefer him at PG because he creates size mismatches Facu never will.

Timmyyy wrote:And it is so obvious every time he handles the ball too.


Love those all/nothing statements, makes you such an authority :roll:

Timmyyy wrote:Degrading my opinion as "just because I don't like him there" is also very funny because the And1 count on the post in question leads me to believe there are a lot of people on this board that are seeing these obvious things as well.


This is laughable,, first please show me where I degrade your opinion ?? I told you to get over yourself because you referred to your opinion as "the ugly truth"...it's just your opinion. And if you consider And1's any type of validation, well OK then


Timmyyy wrote:You know why we won't see him showing his PG skills in the NBA? Because no NBA team will allow him to do it full time. Facu might also not make it in the NBA after his time with the Nuggets but he is and was allowed to play this position everywhere he went. Dozier was never. A well run NBA organization shows it right now. But well I guess it's just because I don't like Dozier there.


Well, what other position could you play a 5'11" guy who can't shoot, PF ???

Timmyyy wrote:Btw no need to go full capital letter mode on here. Who is talking about truth? I laid out my case! Am I supposed to put a "in my opinion" in front of every sentence?


I use caps as emphasis, not yelling, I can see how that doesn't translate well, but it's still an interpretation. And as I pointed out, you were the one call it "the ugly truth". And if I want to emphasize, I often use IMO, rarely to I state things on this forum as truth or fact, it's all just opinions here.

There, now I've stated my case, Peace out to you as well,
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,683
And1: 8,226
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Game 48: Denver Nuggets (29-18) @ Los Angeles Clippers (32-17) - 10:00PM 

Post#30 » by The Rebel » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:00 am

If you ask me both of you guys are right, and both of you are wrong. The sad part is that they are very similar players. Campazzo and Dozier are both defensive players, Campazzo is more of a smart pest and Dozier is the lanky athletic type, which means they both do better against certain types of guards but they are both best on defense.

They are both better off in a faster pace system, where they can get more fast breaks and a lot quicker movement on offense. Dozier doesn't have the handles and Campazzo doesn't have the shot or size to play in a lot of traffic. They need space, and openings, guys constantly moving, something to give them openings. Neither guy can run the pick and roll with the other on the court, because the other guy's defender is sagging off his man. Neither one is a great spot up shooter.

I think the big problem is with our bigs. Obviously Jokic is better at a slow pace picking apart a defense, but when he goes off the court we should be running more. Both Dozier and Campazzo play well when we work at a quicker pace, but since both Green and Millsap have been coming off the bench together our entire offense dies.

Theoretically Morris, Campazzo, Dozier, Millsap, and Green should give you a lot of athleticism, but it really doesn't. Milsap and Green are just not the type to move constantly off the ball, both struggle in the post, and neither are good enough slashing or face up anymore to force a good defender on them. Both have made themselves spot up shooters on offense who can also be the role man, hard to do with an extra guy or two waiting in the paint though. There is a reason our bench is better when one of Millsap or Green are out for the game.

Our bench is too easy to defend, because we have no bench scorers that are good enough to break down good defenders. Malone tried to combat that by going small, but we do not have the size at SF to have them move up to PF off the bench so our defense is terrible and we are still not getting open looks at the rim. The only way to overcome that is to play faster when Jokic goes off the court.

I think if Malone would play a lineup of Morris, Campazzo, Dozier, Nnaji, and one of McGee, Millsap, or Green and just told them to go out there and run their asses off for 20 mpg our bench especially Dozier and campazzo would look a lot better and the results a lot more respectable. If he is going to continue to play Millsap and Green than I think you have to make Barton come off the bench and have Morris start, even if it hurts your offense. They have to play faster or have someone that can iso well enough to draw attention.

Return to Denver Nuggets