NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Nuggets add Shaquille HArrison as two way contract 

Post#21 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:11 am

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:10 minutes for Harrison leaves lots of minutes for everyone else.

So 10mins of D on Lilliard, Booker or Mitchell is gonna shut those guys down ??? Riiiggghhhtt :wink:

And isn't that what we got Gordon for, he can guard 1-4's I'm told

Sure, :wink: Gordon can shut down Lilliard, after all, no one else can. The same can be said of Booker & Mitchell. The truth is, the more defenders we can throw at them, the better shot we have at slowing them down.

Get real! He can't cover Lebron & Davis or Kawhi & George at the same time. We need lots of defenders.

Are we going to expect Gordon to shut down Durrant & Harden & Irving if we get to the finals and let the rest of the Nuggets just relax on defense? No way.

We need multiple defenders that can cover big wings and quick wings and point guards.
The Rebel wrote:If we are depending on a guy under a 2 way contract to shut down anybody than we are in serious trouble. Harrison is the 7th guy on the depth chart, he may work himself into the 6th guy in front of Howard pretty quick, but I doubt we see either without several guys out of the lineup.

Yup, if we are depending on Harrison to shutdown starters, we are in trouble. But if he can give 5 minutes of solid defense in each half, it would be wonderful - and rather shocking. The way I see it, the more defensively oriented players we have, the better off we will be. We have five guys that can score 20+ in any given game (obviously not all at once), so it's a matter of balancing our offense off the bench and balancing our defense with the starters.
FilNugsFan
Sophomore
And1: 255

Post#22 » by FilNugsFan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:32 am

Curry was totally in the zone, but I kinda hoped Malone gambled on Shaq to try and defend Curry.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#23 » by psimanic1 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:05 am

FilNugsFan wrote:Curry was totally in the zone, but I kinda hoped Malone gambled on Shaq to try and defend Curry.

Not sure if he is ready, for game against BOS they said he is still going trough protocols
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#24 » by skywalker33 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:57 pm

Heard he’s probably ready for tonight’s game, would like to see what he can bring
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#25 » by NuggetsWY » Sat May 8, 2021 11:56 pm

I like Harrison's hustle - will there be room for him on next year's roster? Well, maybe, depending on what the Nuggets do in the off season. Who do they keep? Who do they trade? Who do they let go? It'll be interesting.

Return to Denver Nuggets