ImageImageImage

Summer League

Moderator: THE J0KER

Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,884

Re: Summer League 

Post#21 » by Richard Miller » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:03 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:I'm liking Bones Hyland's play but with Morris & Murray & Rivers & Campazzo and maybe Howard & Harrison --- IMO we have enough guards under 6'6".

Hyland's wingspan is 6'9.25” though, considerably longer than any of the above
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#22 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:34 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I'm liking Bones Hyland's play but with Morris & Murray & Rivers & Campazzo and maybe Howard & Harrison --- IMO we have enough guards under 6'6".

Do you really see Rivers sticking around once Murray returns, he seems the odd man out IMO

No matter who I think will be the odd man out - I'll probably be wrong. :lol:
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#23 » by Manolito » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:19 pm

Huge game from Hyland. His offensive game and range looks NBA ready

Sent from my GM1913 using RealGM mobile app
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#24 » by DaFan334 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:11 am

Bones really reminds me of Jamal Crawford and Lou Williams. Has a similar game and shot, just might be a little bit lengthier.

Side note, Jamal and Lou have almost identical career stats. Its kind of freaky how similar they are. https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/jamal_crawford_vs_lou_williams.htm
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#25 » by The Rebel » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:31 pm

It is obvious to me that they are wanting NNaji to work on creating his own shots, and it is obvious that he has a long way to go to being a capable iso scorer. Yesterday's game was the 1st one where he seemed to play more of his normal game and played considerably better. Personally I think he should be our backup Center this year, I know we have to change the offense somewhat, but there are not any MVP level pgs in a Center's body that I see available so maybe we just run the pick and roll like we did last year?

I like Bones, although he is going to have to get better on defense.

I would have liked to see HOward and Bones together in the backcourt, I think they both will get the chance to play this season, but one of them is going to have to guard SGs and I am not sure that either one has a chance.

It is time to trade Bol. It is obvious that he has plenty of talent and he has gotten better on defense, but he still has a long ways to go and I cannot see waiting on him another year with his contract expiring next summer.
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#26 » by Richard Miller » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:48 pm

The Rebel wrote:It is time to trade Bol. It is obvious that he has plenty of talent and he has gotten better on defense, but he still has a long ways to go and I cannot see waiting on him another year with his contract expiring next summer.

Imo he would've been traded already if there were any interest. Unless they need to clear a roster spot they might as well wait and give him some more time in the G-League (or blowouts), his value is at the bottom anyway.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#27 » by skywalker33 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:03 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
The Rebel wrote:It is time to trade Bol. It is obvious that he has plenty of talent and he has gotten better on defense, but he still has a long ways to go and I cannot see waiting on him another year with his contract expiring next summer.

Imo he would've been traded already if there were any interest. Unless they need to clear a roster spot they might as well wait and give him some more time in the G-League (or blowouts), his value is at the bottom anyway.

Hard to say he doesn't have value, nobody has really seen much of Bol other than a little in the Bubble and now in SL. We're probably trying to showcase him to obtain/increase his value, to say he has NO value is obtuse as he's already had some nice games in the SL. G-League may be wise to build his confidence and hopefully value.

I do agree it may be time to trade him but may be time to try and utilize his skills rather than just let Malone sit him until garbage time. Honestly, though, the same could be said of Vlatko although I have never been a fan of his, if I were to trade either it's Cancar.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#28 » by Richard Miller » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:58 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

Hard to say he doesn't have value, nobody has really seen much of Bol other than a little in the Bubble and now in SL. We're probably trying to showcase him to obtain/increase his value, to say he has NO value is obtuse as he's already had some nice games in the SL.

He also had some nice games in the bubble, which should be more relevant than the SL and it didn't help much. I didn't mean to say literally 0 value, but I'm not not sure what the Nuggets could get for him if he were to be traded right now, not much in any case.
skywalker33

Post#29 » by skywalker33 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:05 am

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

Hard to say he doesn't have value, nobody has really seen much of Bol other than a little in the Bubble and now in SL. We're probably trying to showcase him to obtain/increase his value, to say he has NO value is obtuse as he's already had some nice games in the SL.

He also had some nice games in the bubble, which should be more relevant than the SL and it didn't help much. I didn't mean to say literally 0 value, but I'm not not sure what the Nuggets could get for him if he were to be traded right now, not much in any case.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if we could get 2 2nds for him, but I'd be OK with that honestly.

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#30 » by TunaFish » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:23 am

Bones Hyland is looking very interesting. It's true that his defense needs work but his offensive game is gifted. What I am seeing in two games is a first option scorer type who has snuck by a few teams in the draft. I guess his apparent defensive limitations drove his value down in the draft but players with his scoring ability are extremely valuable.

I hope the Nuggets raise up his defensive awareness through coaching, yet they will be pressed to use him. He appears to have solid point guard skills.
Canned in Denver.
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#31 » by Richard Miller » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:53 pm

At that age everyone's defense needs work unless they are some sort of generational talent. Hopefully he can get some minutes later on. this season.
skywalker33

Post#32 » by skywalker33 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:26 pm

Richard Miller wrote:At that age everyone's defense needs work unless they are some sort of generational talent. Hopefully he can get some minutes later on. this season.

Feels to me that he can get some mins early off the bench, those will probably disappear as Murray get back on the court. Then again, I'd like to see Hyland gets some regular rotational mins, kid has SWAGGER !!

A mini-Murray IMO.

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#33 » by TunaFish » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:07 am

This video from the Millwaukee summer game is making the rounds. At the 52 second mark, Hyland makes a difficult fade shot towards the corner that looked very sophisticated for a rookie.

Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#34 » by skywalker33 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:26 pm

Anyone else notice the leadership skills Bones is displaying AS A ROOKIE ?? We got us a S-T-E-A-L fellas !

Return to Denver Nuggets