ImageImageImage

Game 22 : Denver Nuggets @ New York

Moderator: THE J0KER

blahblah312
Sophomore
And1: 18

Game 22 : Denver Nuggets @ New York 

Post#1 » by blahblah312 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 4:21 pm

A rare early weekend game. At least they are already on the East coast instead of flying from different time zone.

Finally got exemption with two players out for season and two on health (thou james was able to bypass mandatory 10 days)
Odd choice of Davon when you have older players on Grand Rapids (which Malone prefers). Need a couple more exemptions for 10 day contracts, so Barton gets his rest.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Game 22 : Denver Nuggets @ New York 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 9:14 pm

I, personally like Devon Reed, he knows our system and was considered a 2-way player. I feel he'll fit in, that's what G-leaguers are for.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
blahblah312
Sophomore

Post#3 » by blahblah312 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 1:24 am

skywalker33 wrote:I, personally like Devon Reed, he knows our system and was considered a 2-way player. I feel he'll fit in, that's what G-leaguers are for.

I have nothing against Devon and he played ok in G League, but Malone rarely plays young players or he would be playing Zeke more. IF he played Beasley more could have gotten more in trade. Barton needs less playing time before he is out in April and misses playoffs again for 3 straight year
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#4 » by The Rebel » Sat Dec 4, 2021 3:17 am

blahblah312 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:I, personally like Devon Reed, he knows our system and was considered a 2-way player. I feel he'll fit in, that's what G-leaguers are for.

I have nothing against Devon and he played ok in G League, but Malone rarely plays young players or he would be playing Zeke more. IF he played Beasley more could have gotten more in trade. Barton needs less playing time before he is out in April and misses playoffs again for 3 straight year

It seems to me they are looking for a Dozier replacement, we have no-one else that can cover decent 2s and 3s off the bench. Looks like he is a okay shooter and a defensive guy to fill that role.

I still think they need another guy who can create offense for himself off the bench, but you cannot expect much from a guy brought in on a hardship 1 year deal.
blahblah312
Sophomore

Post#5 » by blahblah312 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 6:09 pm

Not sure where they are headed. I heard on radio they will try to play for lottery pick. In which case you should be playing all those whose contract expire and see if you want to keep ( and try and trade if not) and they start bring in 10 day contracts and giving them major minutes to see if you want to offer FY contracts in summer.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,520

Post#6 » by THE J0KER » Sat Dec 4, 2021 7:25 pm

Jokic is on an MVP level as usual in MSG in 1st half, a nice all-around game from Barton, but Nnaji stole the show so far with 16 pts in 13 minutes. Maybe we should use him as a starter until MPJ is out instead as a backup center. His chemistry with Joker looks good.

Another 10+ lead on halftime, let's hope no 2nd half collapse this time.
blahblah312
Sophomore

Post#7 » by blahblah312 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 11:51 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Jokic is on an MVP level as usual in MSG in 1st half, a nice all-around game from Barton, but Nnaji stole the show so far with 16 pts in 13 minutes. Maybe we should use him as a starter until MPJ is out instead as a backup center. His chemistry with Joker looks good.

Another 10+ lead on halftime, let's hope no 2nd half collapse this time.

Yes, then you can have the green get time as SF to give Gordon a breather and save the smaller players for the guards till you get Rivers and Hyland back
skywalker33

Post#8 » by skywalker33 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 12:55 am

The second standout game by Zeke would be really nice if he can bring something close like this on a consistent basis. He and Bones could become an awesome bench unit, make this team more dangerous as we get Murray back. More performances like today and he could become a starting PF IMO.

skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 1:00 am

Nailed it, could be yet another Torrey Craig-type player. If he keeps this up, Bol may be cut or traded.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,520

Post#10 » by THE J0KER » Sun Dec 5, 2021 3:55 am

skywalker33 wrote:The second standout game by Zeke would be really nice if he can bring something close like this on a consistent basis. He and Bones could become an awesome bench unit, make this team more dangerous as we get Murray back. More performances like today and he could become a starting PF IMO.

But how to expect from young player to be consistent if he does not get consistent minutes? Despite good health, In 22 games so far this season, Nnaji played only 10 games, where 3 are under 10 minutes, 3 between 10-15, 3 between 15-20, and this Is his first game of the season with full playing time. And don't be fooled, today he played almost the whole 3rd quarter not because of brilliant 1st half but because of Gordon early foul troubles, and almost the whole 4th quarter because Jokic was benched due to blowout result.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#11 » by DaFan334 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 4:14 am

skywalker33 wrote:

Nailed it, could be yet another Torrey Craig-type player. If he keeps this up, Bol may be cut or traded.

Yeah this guy seems like a Malone type player right from the start. He also fills a role that Doziers injury left us without.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#12 » by The Rebel » Sun Dec 5, 2021 4:23 am

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:The second standout game by Zeke would be really nice if he can bring something close like this on a consistent basis. He and Bones could become an awesome bench unit, make this team more dangerous as we get Murray back. More performances like today and he could become a starting PF IMO.

But how to expect from young player to be consistent if he does not get consistent minutes? Despite good health, In 22 games so far this season, Nnaji played only 10 games, where 3 are under 10 minutes, 3 between 10-15, 3 between 15-20, and this Is his first game of the season with full playing time. And don't be fooled, today he played almost the whole 3rd quarter not because of brilliant 1st half but because of Gordon early foul troubles, and almost the whole 4th quarter because Jokic was benched due to blowout result.

To me it is pretty clear what is happening with Nnaji, and with Bones, and with every guy that Malone has developed. He always plays them in limited games and limited minutes until they earn more. It surprised me that Nnaji never saw meaningful minutes last season until late in the season, but after how he looked in summer league and pre-season I think it was right to make him earn minutes in practice or through injury.

Right now NNaji seems to be 4th in the rotation, with Jeff Green and Aaron Gordon seeing minutes at the 4 and also Je Green at the 5. If he continues with the defensive effort which is what Malone cares about, they he will continue to earn more minutes. The question seems to be whether Nnaji stays in his current role or has his minutes cut when JayMichael Green gets back?
skywalker33

Post#13 » by skywalker33 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 4:26 am

THE J0KER wrote:

With MPJ officially out for the season, Zeke's definitely in line for getting more mins and looks like he's up to the challenge. At this point, Malone has to be thinking what other choice is there ?

blahblah312
Sophomore

Post#14 » by blahblah312 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 9:06 pm

skywalker33 wrote:

Bols won't be cut because of salary, but needs to be traded as soon as possible to give those minutes to Zeke and Petr
skywalker33

Post#15 » by skywalker33 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 10:29 pm

blahblah312 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Bols won't be cut because of salary, but needs to be traded as soon as possible to give those minutes to Zeke and Petr

You really think Bol's $2M salary will stop them from cutting him ?? Maybe the FO, like you, missed that break-away slam dunk he GAVE UP on in the POR game, perhaps that went unnoticed !! And is Bol getting mins I wasn't aware off ??

Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,884

Post#16 » by Richard Miller » Sun Dec 5, 2021 11:31 pm

It's more likely Howard who is the most at risk here, with the emergence of Bones and Facu looking better and now Reid he's going to struggle to get even garbage minutes. Someone could still decide to take a flyer on Bol.
skywalker33

Post#17 » by skywalker33 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 12:05 am

I am ALL FOR trading Bol just don't see any team taking him on, I'd even love to just get the 2nd back that we paid for him. I'd even be okay with trading JaMychel or Facu if we could some trade either for draft capital (which I doubt we can).

Return to Denver Nuggets