Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Jan 3, 2022 8:58 pm

Read on Twitter
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Re: Game 35 : Denver Nuggets @ Dallas Mavericks 

Post#2 » by THE J0KER » Tue Jan 4, 2022 2:56 am

Denver is used this season to be the NBA-best team on the road in 1st Halves, and today's team played well in defense before halftime. But scoring just 37 points in the half is scandalous, with 13 turnovers. Jokic and Gordon need some help from the others.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#3 » by THE J0KER » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:27 am

Denver is cursed this season or just our medical staff not doing their job well. Cancar body is in great shape his playing time is limited, but still, he achieved today non-contact ankle injury!?

Denver desperately needs the win where all job is done in the 2nd half. Maybe this is that game?
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,221

Post#4 » by GeorgeSears » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:53 am

The quality of players the Nuggets had available tonight was beyond embarrassing. It would barely qualify for a g-league team. No one, outside of Jokic and Gordon played well. The 25 turnovers were inexcusable, they were all sloppy.

Honestly, I don't want to see any of these players back next season. That includes Campazzo and Rivers. Keep the starting core with Hyland and just completely retool. Because this isn't working.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#5 » by THE J0KER » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:04 am

Agree that the worst thing today is turnovers. When you have 25 vs 10 in TO's against a playoff-level team that is 15 attacks less, so you need a miracle to win.
blahblah312
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#6 » by blahblah312 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 12:04 pm

Even with the unbalanced refereeing and bad court awareness, they still have a shot unto the last 5 minutes. Way to many bad passes and stepping out of bounds setting up for a shot (I have never seen that many by one team in a game). Took Jones too long to realize Rivers could not guard luka , he was just pushing him back the 1st qtr. Worked out much better when they kept switching defenders.

Any word on Cancar?
Being carried to locker room. At first it seemed just at twisted ankle, but not being able to limp to locker room.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,167

Post#7 » by Mickey8 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 2:53 pm

I really don't get it , why they keep same substitution pastern with Jokic , why he has to sit 3,4 minutes at the beginning of the 4th quarter :-? If I was the coach he would be playing entire 4th quarter of every game unless its a blow out . Its enough time for him to rest two minutes at the end of 3rd quarter plus time between the quarters , I dont get the stubbornness and it keep costing the team.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#8 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:16 pm

Mickey8 wrote:I really don't get it , why they keep same substitution pastern with Jokic , why he has to sit 3,4 minutes at the beginning of the 4th quarter :-? If I was the coach he would be playing entire 4th quarter of every game unless its a blow out . Its enough time for him to rest two minutes at the end of 3rd quarter plus time between the quarters , I dont get the stubbornness and it keep costing the team.

Yeah, we should just play Jokic 48mins EVERY game, he doesn't need any breathers :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Mickey8 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 6:03 pm

Please stop with him being overloaded , he's playing 32 minutes a game and he's in his prime years, he should play at least 36 minutes per game and even more, because this team team is struggling now, his minutes should be increased and he should play entire 4th quarter of the game unless its a blow out game , an old man Lebron is logging almost 38 minutes per game and Denver cant play prime Jokic that long :roll: There shouldn't be any load management with him , he has no history of serious injuries and he's durable, Denver needs to log in wins and try to get to that 4th seed.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#10 » by Richard Miller » Tue Jan 4, 2022 6:09 pm

Mickey8 wrote:an old man Lebron is logging almost 38 minutes per game and Denver cant play prime Jokic that long :roll:

LeBron is smaller/far more athletic not to mention legit GOAT candidate

Spoiler:
and likely juiced up to his eyeballs
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Mickey8 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 11:27 pm

Lebron weigh as much as Jokic if not more, he's like the small truck, Jokic is just taller three inches than him, again Jokic is durable and there is no reason for him to be limited to 32 minutes per game , you can do that on the back to back games , but he should play much more than 32 minutes per game, Denver have lost many games in the 4th quarter this season, and Malone would get him too late in the game or after the momentum would shift in the favor of the opposing team , and Jokic is often out of sync and always have to play catch up , to me he should play entire 4th quarter until Murray is back or the team figures out how to play well and keep the lead, they have better chance to close the game with him playing the entire last quarter of the games. They are often down 8 to 10 points sometimes more in the last quarter , or they would play two good minutes in the first 2,3 minutes they would extend lead , than there will be couple of bad minutes of play , than Malone would bring Jokic in too late at around 6 minute mark, sometimes even later than that , why they have to stick to the same substitution patterns , when its not working :-? He's your superstar , he makes difference on the court, play him as much possible when you have all kind of issues with the team.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#12 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 11:49 pm

Mickey8 wrote:Lebron weigh as much as Jokic if not more, he's like the small truck, Jokic is just taller three inches than him, again Jokic is durable and there is no reason for him to be limited to 32 minutes per game , you can do that on the back to back games , but he should play much more than 32 minutes per game, Denver have lost many games in the 4th quarter this season, and Malone would get him too late in the game or after the momentum would shift in the favor of the opposing team , and Jokic is often out of sync and always have to play catch up , to me he should play entire 4th quarter until Murray is back or the team figures out how to play well and keep the lead, they have better chance to close the game with him playing the entire last quarter of the games. They are often down 8 to 10 points sometimes more in the last quarter , or they would play two good minutes in the first 2,3 minutes they would extend lead , than there will be couple of bad minutes of play , than Malone would bring Jokic in too late at around 6 minute mark, sometimes even later than that , why they have to stick to the same substitution patterns , when its not working :-? He's your superstar , he makes difference on the court, play him as much possible when you have all kind of issues with the team.

So, first, LBJ is a guy who MUST play that amt of mins to keep his team relevant, but in the end he'll be worn down by playoff time (or will start getting SERIOUS load-mgmt time in May. I'd rather see a healthy, rested Jokic when the games matter, we have seen him get worn down in the past, don't want it to happen again !
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to Denver Nuggets