Game 39 : Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Clippers 

Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:18 pm

Read on Twitter
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,317

Re: Game 39 : Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Clippers 

Post#2 » by GeorgeSears » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:36 am

Terrible bench killed the Nuggets, again. To blow a 20 point lead to the Clippers is embarrassing. But I've gotten to the point where I don't even care.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,317

Post#3 » by GeorgeSears » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:06 am

One of the things that's been exposed this season is Tim Connelly's really poor roster construction. The injuries are bad, but Campazzo, Rivers, Reed don't belong in the NBA and yet they're part of the rotation really out of necessity because they have nowhere else to go.

If he resigns Campazzo it's a really, really bad sign for this team going forward.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,521

Post#4 » by THE J0KER » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:11 am

If a 25+ 2nd half lead against Clippers without Kawhi and George is not enough this season for the Malone on the road, what lead do we need?

OK, I got it, Malone is untouchable, but can we at least lock up him at halftime on road games in the locker room every time we have a double-digit lead? This never happens in any team sport before that the same team is best in 1st half but league-worst in the 2nd half.

The bench was 7-33, threes are 4-33, turnovers are 19-9 in our *favor*, but it is not some statistics we should blame if the same thing repeats again and again.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,884

Post#5 » by Richard Miller » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:22 am

GeorgeSears wrote:One of the things that's been exposed this season is Tim Connelly's really poor roster construction. The injuries are bad, but Campazzo, Rivers, Reed don't belong in the NBA and yet they're part of the rotation really out of necessity because they have nowhere else to go.

When Jamal comes back, Facu should go back to being third string PG, until then not much they can do I guess.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:36 pm

GeorgeSears wrote:One of the things that's been exposed this season is Tim Connelly's really poor roster construction. The injuries are bad, but Campazzo, Rivers, Reed don't belong in the NBA and yet they're part of the rotation really out of necessity because they have nowhere else to go.

If he resigns Campazzo it's a really, really bad sign for this team going forward.

Remember, we're having to start some 2nd and 3rd string players, most of these guys weren't expected to get but a few mins on the court, if any at all.

That said, weren't there like 5 guys who were o-for on their shooting, that is way too many guys who weren't ready to play. I'd have each one of those guys running suicides sprints ...a LOT of suicides
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to Denver Nuggets