ImageImageImage

Flier on Cousins

Moderator: THE J0KER

longtallbrad
Junior
And1: 257

Flier on Cousins 

Post#1 » by longtallbrad » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:14 pm

I like the signing of DeMarcus and actually have been hoping for it. I don't expect a lot of mileage from him, but anything he brings could be helpful to a team in need of reliable scoring. If the move pans out he may be able to give Jokic a bit more rest without opponents running totally roughshod over the Nuggets. Here's hoping.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Flier on Cousins 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:04 pm

longtallbrad wrote:I like the signing of DeMarcus and actually have been hoping for it. I don't expect a lot of mileage from him, but anything he brings could be helpful to a team in need of reliable scoring. If the move pans out he may be able to give Jokic a bit more rest without opponents running totally roughshod over the Nuggets. Here's hoping.

I like what he brings too, I think he'll give punch to the lackluster bench. Hoping he can rekindle the magic he and Malone once had.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
FilNugsFan
Sophomore
And1: 255

Post#3 » by FilNugsFan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:22 pm

If Cousins can bring the same production he did with the Bucks, then I'd like to see him get signed for the rest of the season.
longtallbrad
Junior
And1: 257

Post#4 » by longtallbrad » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:53 pm

FilNugsFan wrote:If Cousins can bring the same production he did with the Bucks, then I'd like to see him get signed for the rest of the season.

Seconded. I'm trying not to say he's the perfect backup for Jokic, but if his body holds up and he meshes with the rest of the crew, he should be a marvelous fit. Instant offense, can score inside but also can stretch the floor, passes well, big body around the boards and not a terrible defender.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#5 » by The Rebel » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:52 pm

I would be happy with anybody close to 7 ft to come off the bench, with Cousins' skill set he should allow us to run the Jokic offense, and between him and Forbes hopefully out bench quits losing 20 point leads. Cousins is a good passing big, he has a good post offense, he is a decent outside shooter, but the issue is going to be if he can keep up on defense. People don't realize how much Jokic really does on defense, and Cousins has never been a great defender.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#6 » by Maf » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:59 pm

So, his ten day contract is running up. What are your thoughts?

I wasn't thrilled about signing him, he is member of my all-decade "can't stomach this guy" starting line up.
In 50 minutes he is 7/29 from field, 2/11 from three, 12 TO's, 1 ejection.
He looks terribly beaten up by past injuries. He's so slower he used to be. I think it must be pretty depresing for him. Knowing where he needs to go on defense, how to beat his guy off the dribble etc. But his body is not able to do it anymore.

Verdict: Might to seem unlikely but I would be all for resigning him to end of the season. Despite everything I wrote, despite his bad shooting, his behavior on the court, there are also many things I liked. Nasty screens, obviously. It kinda sucks how times he is called for moving screens (and those are correct calls, btw), but he is tall, strong, huge bear who helps our second unit run at least some kind of offense. They're not just standing there scared anymore.

Definitively think he can help us.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:33 pm

Think we can give him 2 more 10-day contracts but I can see him being signed for the rest of the season, at least that's what I hope.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#8 » by The Rebel » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:22 pm

I believe they cut him 2-3 days ago when their ability to use the hardship exemption expired but signed him to a regular 10 day contract immediately after. So we have him at least 2-3 more days and can give him another 10 day deal. Hopefully we keep him at least through the end of the year,
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#9 » by TunaFish » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:27 am

Based on his play, the Nuggets need to sign him to a contract for the rest of the season. The fans love him and the bench seems to thrive on his play.

If he plays equally as well the rest of the season then they need to sign him to a veterans contract for next season.
Canned in Denver.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#10 » by psimanic1 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:39 pm

The Rebel wrote:I believe they cut him 2-3 days ago when their ability to use the hardship exemption expired but signed him to a regular 10 day contract immediately after. So we have him at least 2-3 more days and can give him another 10 day deal. Hopefully we keep him at least through the end of the year,

We still have DPE we can use on him, up until 10th of March and that doesnt remove possibility od MPJ returning this season
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#11 » by TunaFish » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:43 pm

Cousins has signed a contract for the rest of the season. We may have found our backup center.
Canned in Denver.

Return to Denver Nuggets