Game 51 : Denver Nuggets @ Utah Jazz 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Feb 2, 2022 10:27 pm

Read on Twitter
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Game 51 : Denver Nuggets @ Utah Jazz 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:14 am

Important game where NOBODY (stars) are playing. Forbes, Morris and Reed are leading the team in scoring. Haven't seen the best defense but we haven't played bad IMO.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 5:22 am

Rivers has ONE good shooting game out of every 8, tell me again why he's on this team ?? And Barton STILL thinks he's got starter qualities.... :roll:

14 TO's and 19PF.....with no rim protection, easy access to the rim like a red carpet does not a win make

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#4 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 3, 2022 5:29 am

Very good fight considering all circumstances. Unfortunately, we lose.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#5 » by eathb_au » Thu Feb 3, 2022 6:02 am

Haven't posted here in a long time but just going to say this season sucks.

I know we're without Murray and MPJ but it really does suck the life out of you to watch non-NBA level players play key minutes for us.
skywalker33

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 6:36 am

eathb_au wrote:Haven't posted here in a long time but just going to say this season sucks.

I know we're without Murray and MPJ but it really does suck the life out of you to watch non-NBA level players play key minutes for us.

Agreed, but it's throughout the league, not just us.

GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,278

Post#7 » by GeorgeSears » Thu Feb 3, 2022 2:47 pm

That's 0-4 vs the Jazz. Can't remember the last time that happened. It didn't help that in 3 of those games Nuggets played them off a back-to-back.

Bigger picture, I'm really disappointed in Zeke and Bones. These were the Nuggets top draft picks the last two seasons and they just haven't been able to figure it out. Zeke has no confidence or feel for the game. Bones is too inconsistent, and commits some awful turnovers.

I would say I'm a bit more optimistic for Bones because I've seen him have big games, but I'm not optimistic at all for Zeke.
skywalker33

Post#8 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:13 pm

GeorgeSears wrote:Bigger picture, I'm really disappointed in Zeke and Bones. These were the Nuggets top draft picks the last two seasons and they just haven't been able to figure it out. Zeke has no confidence or feel for the game. Bones is too inconsistent, and commits some awful turnovers.

I would say I'm a bit more optimistic for Bones because I've seen him have big games, but I'm not optimistic at all for Zeke.

You have to consider both Bones and Zeke were drafted in the 20's in their respective drafts and you may be disappointed, but I see signs both will be solid pieces for this team. Maybe I have lower standards than you (never been told THAT before :lol: ) but I see good potential there. Not like we can have 15-17 superstars on our team, just doesn't work that way

GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,278

Post#9 » by GeorgeSears » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:18 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:Bigger picture, I'm really disappointed in Zeke and Bones. These were the Nuggets top draft picks the last two seasons and they just haven't been able to figure it out. Zeke has no confidence or feel for the game. Bones is too inconsistent, and commits some awful turnovers.

You have to consider both Bones and Zeke were drafted in the 20's in their respective drafts and you may be disappointed, but I see signs both will be solid pieces for this team. Maybe I have lower standards than you (never been told THAT before :lol: ) but I see good potential there. Not like we can have 15-17 superstars on our team, just doesn't work that way

I hope you're right and I have seen Bones perform at a high level. But I'm close to being finished with Zeke. I feel it's a confidence issue more than anything.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,884

Post#10 » by Richard Miller » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:24 pm

GeorgeSears wrote:That's 0-4 vs the Jazz. Can't remember the last time that happened. It didn't help that in 3 of those games Nuggets played them off a back-to-back.

Bigger picture, I'm really disappointed in Zeke and Bones. These were the Nuggets top draft picks the last two seasons and they just haven't been able to figure it out. Zeke has no confidence or feel for the game. Bones is too inconsistent, and commits some awful turnovers.

Bones barely played 40 games and good chunk of those were coming out of H&S protocols so it's only normal to see him struggling occasionally. Zeke otoh is quite likely to be a good trading chip - as someone said recently, if he keeps being meh he could easily get traded and if he gets really good Nuggets won't be able to pay him, so might get traded anyway.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#11 » by The Rebel » Fri Feb 4, 2022 5:10 am

Richard Miller wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:That's 0-4 vs the Jazz. Can't remember the last time that happened. It didn't help that in 3 of those games Nuggets played them off a back-to-back.

Bones barely played 40 games and good chunk of those were coming out of H&S protocols so it's only normal to see him struggling occasionally. Zeke otoh is quite likely to be a good trading chip - as someone said recently, if he keeps being meh he could easily get traded and if he gets really good Nuggets won't be able to pay him, so might get traded anyway.

I think you guys need to manage expectations. If you were to post on any board that their playoff team will draft a solid bench big, a 6th man, and trade the 3rd pick along with another pick to get a DPOY type of defender while remaining a playoff team and they would love it. The fact that our guys have even better upside, they would be thrilled. As Sky said you have to look at where these guys were drafted. The average guy that is drafted 20-30 never gets a 2nd NBA contract.

You also have to remember that it is going to take guys time to really learn how to play in the NBA, add the strength, and work on their game to be effective in the NBA. Gary Harris was terrible his 1st season, Murray finished up strong but he also started something like 0-57 on 3 point shots his rookie year. Morris got on the court for 3 total minutes the entire season as a rookie. Mudiay showed a ton of potential his rookie year, but he never grew. YOu have to watch as guys grow to project where they end up.

Bones is going to get better as he gets stronger, he gets pushed around on defense and he struggles to finish through contact in the paint. He gets stronger and he will get better.

Nnaji is a spot up big, he leads the league in 3 point shooting. He is also a good defender that is getting better as he gains experience. He also has a ton of potential as a pick and roll/pop big, but he is still learning when to slip screens, how to properly set screens, and when to roll. In other words he need experience but is obviously a rotation quality player right now just from his shooting and his defense.

Return to Denver Nuggets