ImageImageImage

Mr. Hyland

Moderator: THE J0KER

Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Mr. Hyland 

Post#1 » by Mac1958 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:56 pm

Does he start in the backcourt with Murray next year?

I'd vote YES.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Re: Mr. Hyland 

Post#2 » by THE J0KER » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:15 pm

Only if Barton is being traded.

That would be two good things considering our cap space situation and Barton's true impact.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#3 » by TunaFish » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:24 pm

Nuggets rookie Bones Hyland pulled up from near Denver’s midcourt logo and let his shot fly.

The point guard even kept his right arm in the air, too, just to savor a jumper he knew was going in. He skipped down the court as Golden State called timeout and he held a hand to his ear, soaking in the arena-rattling roar.

From the bench, teammate Nikola Jokic couldn’t help but grin as the reigning MVP took in the second-quarter scene.

Hyland’s the latest young talent to embrace the spotlight during his inaugural postseason. His long-range performance — an homage to Stephen Curry, the player he grew up watching — sparked his teammates against the Warriors, helped the Nuggets stave off elimination and, most importantly, gave Jokic some much-needed assistance.

“He did what he’s been doing the whole year, ”said Jokic, whose team is headed to San Francisco for Game 5 on Wednesday trailing 3-1 in the series. “He gave us energy.”

https://apnews.com/article/new-orleans-pelicans-denver-nuggets-golden-state-warriors-nba-sports-522f5cc7417cdf725ce167569212fdda
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:58 am

Mac1958 wrote:Does he start in the backcourt with Murray next year?

I'd vote YES.

Got two thoughts on this one: 1) That would give us a rather small backcourt, could see our players get posted a LOT and 2) Given their comparability and the thought that the Nuggets are grooming Bones as a PG, makes sense to be able to keep Bones off the bench. He'd allow us to run the same scheme while providing much-needed bench scoring.

While I do think starting your best 5 players is a great strategy, I believe matchups are just as important in today's NBA. And it isn't who starts the game, it's who finishes the game that matters.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#5 » by Maf » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:52 pm

I don´t vote. Yeah, give it a try, no doubt. And if it works, great. TBH I´d prefer this with Monta being backup PG. As exciting as Bones is, he isn´t really good at distributing ball.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#6 » by Maf » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:00 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Only if Barton is being traded.

That would be two good things considering our cap space situation and Barton's true impact.

I believe we are already settled our views on this. Still I have to disagree. To me it still matters what trade it would be. If something like Will for let´s say Avery Bradley? No thanks. If we have to throw first rounder to get rid of him? No thanks.

But I have to say I am worried Tim will offer him 3/60 so maybe I WOULD sacrifice that FRP... :lol:
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#7 » by The Rebel » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:13 pm

If Bones starts next year we are in trouble, he has a long ways to go defensively before he can try to guard guys like Curry, Mitchell, Booker and the like. WE need to find a defensive SG even if it is bringing back Dozier, and move on from Barton, using Bones as a 6th man combo guard.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#8 » by DaFan334 » Tue May 3, 2022 1:23 am

I think he starts the year on the bench and maybe moves into the starting lineup if he and Murray work well together on the floor, especially defensively. He has a lot of potential but also needs to learn a bit still.

Barton's return will have a bit to do with it as well. I know a lot of fans want Will gone, but behind the scenes, he is a big leader and if everyone is back, he can be a good 5th option. He did it last year and did a lot less iso when he was that 5th option.

If Barton isn't back, we better look into some 3d options for the starting 2 guard spot. I think our old friend Gary Harris might be an affordable option.
skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Wed Aug 3, 2022 1:59 am

Did ya'll see where Bones had a chance to break the single games scoring record for the Pan-Am games ?? He took himself out of the game with just a few seconds left because he found out the current record holder had just passed away a few months earlier. The young man has respect for the game, call me impressed !!

TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#10 » by TunaFish » Wed Aug 3, 2022 3:03 am

In the 23 games after the All-Star break, Bones was extremely efficient across the floor. He took a majority of his shots from behind the 3-point line and it buoyed his offensive efficiency, boasting a 59.3 effective field goal percentage according to Cleaning the Glass.

Using the same data, Bones was one of the best combo guards in the league after the break at scoring in the paint, making 77 percent of his baskets in the restricted area. Pair that with a near 40 percent from behind the arc and that’s a highly efficient scorer right there.

The second year for guards is where you usually see them make a major leap and this post-All-Star efficiency is something to build on if he can keep it rolling.

https://nugglove.com/2022/06/30/denver-nuggets-the-pressure-is-on-for-bones-hyland/
Canned in Denver.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#11 » by TunaFish » Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:49 am

Bones continues to impress. He is maturing and his confidence appears to be growing with each game. Once he learns the defensive rotations, he will be a force and may even be a 6th man of the year candidate.

Nuggets hit a home run with this pick.
Canned in Denver.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#12 » by THE J0KER » Sun Nov 6, 2022 9:31 pm

Bones Hyland played his career-best game so far yesterday vs Spurs producing 24-5-7 (3p 6-8) in just 25 minutes, with several spectacular long shots and dimes.
skywalker33

Post#13 » by skywalker33 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:59 pm

Kinda feels like Bones is working his way into a Ginobli-like role, but has he moved into the third option of our Big 3, surpassing MPJ ?

Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#14 » by Richard Miller » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:12 pm

skywalker33 wrote:but has he moved into the third option of our Big 3, surpassing MPJ ?

Doubt it, if you disregard the contracts (MPJ a max and Bones a rookie), MPJ still has size and length and I don't think we'll be seeing him much with the starters unless Jamal has to sit out (load management or something), but even then Brown will probably get the starting role due to his defensive abilities.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#15 » by TunaFish » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:15 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:but has he moved into the third option of our Big 3, surpassing MPJ ?

Doubt it, if you disregard the contracts (MPJ a max and Bones a rookie), MPJ still has size and length and I don't think we'll be seeing him much with the starters unless Jamal has to sit out (load management or something), but even then Brown will probably get the starting role due to his defensive abilities.

So who is the better shooter, MPJ or Bones?
Canned in Denver.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#16 » by Richard Miller » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:32 pm

TunaFish wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

Right now, I'd say Bones is better at creating his own shot, i.e. making something out of nothing like we saw yesterday. But I'd take MPJ alongside Jokic
skywalker33

Post#17 » by skywalker33 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:32 pm

TunaFish wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

Right now, at least to me, it's not who's the better shooter as much as who's the more consistent scorer.

Return to Denver Nuggets