Around The NBA (2022-23 edition)

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: Around The NBA (2022-23 edition) 

Post#61 » by skywalker33 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:17 am

Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#62 » by Maf » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:30 pm

Team Pau won the Jordan´s rising stars tournament and we know it was because of great coaching by David Adelman. :D So congrats to Dave!

Ryan had no chance because the only big man he could put on Mobley was Round Mound of... Mound. :P
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
skywalker33

Post#63 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:41 pm

Love how Bones shot 3-7 for just 7pts in 10mpg resulting in a -10 in the +- column. At least he still THINKS he has a bright future in this league.

Manolito
Senior
And1: 389

Post#64 » by Manolito » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:04 pm

Clippers are signing Westbrook, as expected by everybody. I don't think Westbrook makes them better, but I don't like any signing from a Clippers team who was an excellent fit for the Nuggets before trade deadline

Clippers are 7th team at 3%PT with low pace (25th), apparently Westbrook fills that need. But I don't see him on court with Zubac or Plumlee. Kawhi and Marcus Morris are decent shooters (38% this season) but not high volume, he might be better coming from the bench surrounded by Gordon, Powell and Batum/Covington
skywalker33

Post#65 » by skywalker33 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:01 pm

Manolito wrote:Clippers are signing Westbrook, as expected by everybody. I don't think Westbrook makes them better, but I don't like any signing from a Clippers team who was an excellent fit for the Nuggets before trade deadline

Clippers are 7th team at 3%PT with low pace (25th), apparently Westbrook fills that need. But I don't see him on court with Zubac or Plumlee. Kawhi and Marcus Morris are decent shooters (38% this season) but not high volume, he might be better coming from the bench surrounded by Gordon, Powell and Batum/Covington

Being they both play PG, can't wait to see Bones' reaction, knowing he just dropped to THIRD on their depth chart. Let the implosion begin !!

Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#66 » by Richard Miller » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:32 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Manolito wrote:Clippers are signing Westbrook, as expected by everybody. I don't think Westbrook makes them better, but I don't like any signing from a Clippers team who was an excellent fit for the Nuggets before trade deadline

Being they both play PG, can't wait to see Bones' reaction, knowing he just dropped to THIRD on their depth chart. Let the implosion begin !!

If everybody's healthy on that team his season is pretty much over, after Westbrook comes he's unlikely to see over 10 minutes anytime soon
skywalker33

Post#67 » by skywalker33 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:29 pm

ORL just waived RJ Hampton, is it time to replenish some youth at the G position by replacing DJ or Ish, neither of whom will play in the playoffs ? RJ surely won't either, but seems like a prudent move with more potential than either of the veterans listed above.

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#68 » by TunaFish » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:11 am

It may have been forgotten but Red McCombs was also the owner of the Denver Nuggets. My memory is clouded but I think this connection with the Spurs lead to the hiring of George Karl based on McCombs' recommendation.

Read on Twitter
Canned in Denver.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 389

Post#69 » by Manolito » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:30 am

skywalker33 wrote:ORL just waived RJ Hampton, is it time to replenish some youth at the G position by replacing DJ or Ish, neither of whom will play in the playoffs ? RJ surely won't either, but seems like a prudent move with more potential than either of the veterans listed above.

I assume Hampton will be claimed by SAS from waivers (he is from Texas). In any case, I don't see Nuggets signing him. We have already three young players to develop, Braun, Watson and Gillespie. As a contender, I don't think you can afford another young prospect for next season.

I would love him as second two way player, but I guess somebody will offer him a standard NBA contract.
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#70 » by Richard Miller » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:51 am

Manolito wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:ORL just waived RJ Hampton, is it time to replenish some youth at the G position by replacing DJ or Ish, neither of whom will play in the playoffs ? RJ surely won't either, but seems like a prudent move with more potential than either of the veterans listed above.

I assume Hampton will be claimed by SAS from waivers (he is from Texas). In any case, I don't see Nuggets signing him. We have already three young players to develop, Braun, Watson and Gillespie. As a contender, I don't think you can afford another young prospect for next season.

He's going to sign with the Pistons if I read correctly, which is a pretty good place for him, he has no business on the Nuggets anyway.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#71 » by Coeur » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:37 pm

Trayce Jackson-Davis
Sidy Cissoko

The perfect 2nd round picks for the Nugs ?

Cissoko a big power 3 . French player on g league ignite. I can’t figure out why he’s not considered a 1st round pick. powerhouse. Also gives Kamagate a fellow French rookie to grow with.

Jackson-Davis falls for being too old? He’s ready and a stud defensively and athletically. He’s kind of what we hoped Nnaji could be at the 4/5 and not just fills that small ball center role but let’s Nnaji fill his more natural 3/4 spots.
skywalker33

Post#72 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:02 pm

Coeur wrote:Trayce Jackson-Davis
Sidy Cissoko

The perfect 2nd round picks for the Nugs ?

Cissoko a big power 3 . French player on g league ignite. I can’t figure out why he’s not considered a 1st round pick. powerhouse. Also gives Kamagate a fellow French rookie to grow with.

Jackson-Davis falls for being too old? He’s ready and a stud defensively and athletically. He’s kind of what we hoped Nnaji could be at the 4/5 and not just fills that small ball center role but let’s Nnaji fill his more natural 3/4 spots.

Cissoko is shoot only 33% from 3pt range, not good for a shooting guard. Also at 6-8" he should be getting more rebounds and able to post up more yet he's only avg 10ppg while playing starter mins. Now he is playing on a packed Ignite team, perhaps he's being "outpromoted" by Scoot Henderson who is also on that team.

Jackson-Davis reminds me of an older Nnaji, although a bit more refined but he's more of an inside-the-paint guy, Nnaji has more shooting range in his game. I can see why you like him, but personally, I'd prefer Mouhammed Gueye out of Washington State, much more raw but brimming with athleticism and potential.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#73 » by The Rebel » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:10 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

If everybody's healthy on that team his season is pretty much over, after Westbrook comes he's unlikely to see over 10 minutes anytime soon

Maybe It is just me, but I kind of feel sorry for Bones, he comes off as a dumb kid that is surrounded by other dumb asses that is going to wake up and realize that he was the problem. He comes off as entitled and a spoiled jerk, and if it continues he will be out of the league soon.

It is obvious to me that Malone rubs some people the wrong way. He has obviously had issues with several players, but Bones has went out of his way to make himself look foolish and unprofessional. That kind of reputation sticks with guys throughout their career, with his regression in his game especially on defense he is going to be 40 years old wondering what his career could have been if he wasn't so stupid and would have shut up and worked on his game.
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#74 » by Richard Miller » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:29 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Maybe It is just me, but I kind of feel sorry for Bones, he comes off as a dumb kid that is surrounded by other dumb asses that is going to wake up and realize that he was the problem. He comes off as entitled and a spoiled jerk, and if it continues he will be out of the league soon.

It is obvious to me that Malone rubs some people the wrong way. He has obviously had issues with several players, but Bones has went out of his way to make himself look foolish and unprofessional. That kind of reputation sticks with guys throughout their career, with his regression in his game especially on defense he is going to be 40 years old wondering what his career could have been if he wasn't so stupid and would have shut up and worked on his game.

I mean, in a way it's understandable he wants to take care of his primary concerns as someone who is still looking for his place in the league - his minutes/role/next contract/etc, but the team has its priorities too. Really great no-nonsense reply from Booth:

Read on Twitter
skywalker33

Post#75 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:24 am

Looks like SAC has other ideas to taking a vacation, playing hard in GSW home.

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#76 » by TunaFish » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:35 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Looks like SAC has other ideas to taking a vacation, playing hard in GSW home.

And as a result, extending the playoffs to seven games in that bracket. Now hopefully Denver can finish off Phoenix quickly and take advantage of rest.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#77 » by skywalker33 » Wed May 3, 2023 2:37 am

Well,Embiid voted as 2023 MVP....got the same feeling when Biden was voted as POTUS :roll: :roll: :roll:

skywalker33

Post#78 » by skywalker33 » Fri May 5, 2023 2:06 am

Now that the "MVP Award" has been given to Embiid, I can envision Joker having a MONSTER game just after Embiid's 15/4 performance....just to prove a point :wink: :wink: :D

skywalker33

Post#79 » by skywalker33 » Fri May 5, 2023 2:09 am

And yet another "surprise" Lakers getting 2x the foul calls going their way again in tonight's Game 2 :roll: :roll:

Return to Denver Nuggets