ImageImageImage

Denver Nuggets 2022-23 regular season & Western Conference playoff seed race

Moderator: THE J0KER

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,821

Re: Denver Nuggets 2022-23 regular season & Western Conference playoff seed race 

Post#101 » by TunaFish » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:30 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Wonder if we will be looking at the waiver wire options or just opening up minutes for CB & BB ?

Wouldn't surprise me now that they have an open slot. Christian Braun and Bruce Brown look solid to very good. There is some real defensive pressure coming from these two, enough to offset any perceived defensive needs at the guard position. Offense is the big question. I would have preferred to keep Bones but now that he is gone, it is obvious we be looking in the future to Gillespie.

The Nuggets are set with starters. Normally, we don't have enough quality starters (except for the top), so we will have to get used to worrying about the bench instead.

There are some interesting names popping up on the waiver wire; some big time players who been cut because of their salary.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,258

Re: Denver Nuggets 2022-23 regular season & Western Conference playoff seed race 

Post#103 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:55 am

Since it looks like we're in need of bench scoring, three names who could become waiver wire claims are Reggie Jackson, Terrance Ross or our old friend Will Barton (can't believe I just wrote that)
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,746

Post#104 » by slicedbread2 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:01 pm

THE J0KER wrote:The Clippers was a team with the highest paid salary cap but still managed so far to get Hyland, Plumlee, Eric Gordon, and get rid of John Wall.

Don't forget the Clippers got out of Kennard's deal. The dude has looked stiff out there and you wonder if it's his tendonitis flaring up that's causing him to not shoot as much. The plus side is that the Clippers got out of his deal a year early and if Gordon's cooked then they could decline his option and save a bunch of money on their tax bill/trade him to another team to recirculate salary.

I'm baffled that the Nuggets didn't send Hyland to Charlotte and use the TPE to acquire Royce O'Neale from Brooklyn. If anything they could've done the following:

Denver: Royce O'Neale(via Monte Morris TPE), Mason Plumlee
Charlotte: Bones Hyland, Davon Reed, Ish Smith
Brooklyn: 4 2nds(lowest of Charlotte's 2nds in this year's draft+future Nuggets 2nds)

-Denver would've gotten another 3+D player locked into next season in O'Neale where Bruce Brown could be the 2nd unit pg while Mason Plumlee would've been able to give Jokic rest not to mention Plums is basically a dollar store Jokic minus the shooting range/FT shot. Oh and you secure his bird rights while Kamagate is playing in the g-league to acclimate.
-Charlotte would've gotten an opportunity to work with Hyland in the hopes a fresh start could help out not to mention it'd beat out cutting Reggie Jackson.
-Brooklyn would've gotten under the luxury tax clearing out the logjam of 3+D players not to mention they'd be able to resign Cam Johnson w/o worrying about going over the tax and they'd be saving 13M in tax payments+9.5M in future salary.

Nuggets could've then filled out the roster with whoever was on the buyout market. They missed a great opportunity to shore up their bench and I think they'll rue this missed chance as the Suns have gotten better(they're basically injury prone but if healthy will be a headache).
skywalker33

Post#105 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:51 pm

Salary cap issues with your proposal

Manolito
Senior
And1: 392

Post#106 » by Manolito » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:10 am

RJ Hampton will get a buy out apparently. I assume he will be picked up by a rebuilding team, but he could be interesting for second two way contract.

I still don't know why we habe White. Dude is 25, better use his slot for Dozier for example

Sent from my GM1913 using RealGM mobile app
skywalker33

Post#107 » by skywalker33 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:27 am

Reggie officially on the roster:

Read on Twitter

Maf
Starter
And1: 872

Post#108 » by Maf » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:44 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Maf wrote:I would be careful with expectations. Next six games are relatively easy but end of January till end of february we might end up with even sub 50% during that stretch.

Now there's the optimism I've come to know from you Maf. While there is a tough 3-game road trip that starts with a B2B from NOP to MIL (nba schedulers just hatin' on us again), then on to PHI. We return home for a rematch with NOP (again, probably without Zion) and then get SIX games against sub .500 teams. That has to be appealing in FEB to me. The rest of the way the only two games of significance IMO are the MEM and CLE games, both on the road.

I really don't see where your gloom and doom is coming from, I see us no worse than 10-6 from Jan 24 - Feb 28th. Have a Happy Valentine's and get rid of this doom-and-gloom here.

Haven't you ever heard that old adage "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all", a very wise saying Maf.

So before the Rockets game it´s 10-5 so Sky, you were right and I was wrong. Even better, Memphis couldn´t keep the pace so the gap between us and others fighting for No.1 seed is even deeper.

With continous great play and addition to back up PG and C I admit, I started to believe there IS a chance to see Nuggets in NBA finals for the first time.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
skywalker33

Post#109 » by skywalker33 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:50 pm

Maf wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Maf wrote:I would be careful with expectations. Next six games are relatively easy but end of January till end of february we might end up with even sub 50% during that stretch.

Now there's the optimism I've come to know from you Maf. While there is a tough 3-game road trip that starts with a B2B from NOP to MIL (nba schedulers just hatin' on us again), then on to PHI. We return home for a rematch with NOP (again, probably without Zion) and then get SIX games against sub .500 teams. That has to be appealing in FEB to me. The rest of the way the only two games of significance IMO are the MEM and CLE games, both on the road.

I really don't see where your gloom and doom is coming from, I see us no worse than 10-6 from Jan 24 - Feb 28th. Have a Happy Valentine's and get rid of this doom-and-gloom here.

Haven't you ever heard that old adage "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all", a very wise saying Maf.

So before the Rockets game it´s 10-5 so Sky, you were right and I was wrong. Even better, Memphis couldn´t keep the pace so the gap between us and others fighting for No.1 seed is even deeper.

With continous great play and addition to back up PG and C I admit, I started to believe there IS a chance to see Nuggets in NBA finals for the first time.

C'mon Maf, there's no right or wrong as we're both rooting for the same team. I was looking at the schedule last night and can easily see us winning 8-10 of the next 11 games, only team we might have trouble with (again) is MEM but we'll be playing them here at Ball Arena. That should put us into the 50-win mark (I took the over at 53+/- wins :P ) so if we're not resting our players I could actually see us get close to a 60 win season (although I think Malone will put a kabosh on that).

Maf
Starter
And1: 872

Post#110 » by Maf » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:54 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Maf wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

C'mon Maf, there's no right or wrong as we're both rooting for the same team. I was looking at the schedule last night and can easily see us winning 8-10 of the next 11 games, only team we might have trouble with (again) is MEM but we'll be playing them here at Ball Arena. That should put us into the 50-win mark (I took the over at 53+/- wins :P ) so if we're not resting our players I could actually see us get close to a 60 win season (although I think Malone will put a kabosh on that).

Well I wrote I will admit if I am wrong. And yes, I had my doubts about the strenght of our team. So apology or confession to being wrong was needed here.

The rest of the season- Could be interesting decion to make. On one side, there is comfortable distance to our 1st seed, so rest them. Rest them ALL! :lol: But we are so close to fight for possible home court advantage in finals...
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
skywalker33

Post#111 » by skywalker33 » Sat Mar 4, 2023 6:28 am

Statement win over MEM (maybe Ja's should be afraid of ONE WC team)! Six game lead with 18 games to go, should see some load management games but we're now just 1 game behind MIL for the best team in the ENTIRE NBA which could mean 100% HCA throughout the playoffs which would be HUGE.

skywalker33

Post#112 » by skywalker33 » Sun Mar 5, 2023 4:12 am

MIL losing tonight leaves the Nugget 1/2 game out of 1st, albeit with one more in the loss column than MIL, gonna come down to the season end, I'm guessing. Betting no load management unless necessary.

skywalker33

Post#113 » by skywalker33 » Tue Mar 7, 2023 3:47 am

BOS loses 2nd in a row, if we can pull out a win tonight, puts us firmly in a good spot to be best in the league.

skywalker33

Post#114 » by skywalker33 » Tue Mar 7, 2023 4:27 am

Nice comeback win, outscored 13-4 over the last 2 1/2mins , but alas another Sombar Double

skywalker33

Post#115 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:27 pm

With several members of Western Conference playoff teams getting injured, our chance of getting to the WCF or even the Championship game continue to increase....except within the media. Durant, Kuminga are the two latest injuries for PHX and GSW respectively so I really like our chances.

skywalker33

Post#116 » by skywalker33 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:52 pm

So, looks like three is the MAGIC number of wins needed to take 1st seed within our conference. We have a three-game lead but also have the tie-breaker over MEM. With seven games left we do need to work on our bench as well as finish strong to gear up for our Chip run. Our competition are prepping themselves as well, Suns got back Durant with a big win against MIN last night so we have to focus for our task at hand. I really don't see a problem at getting the #1 seed, but make no mistake, we have a job ahead of us.

skywalker33

Post#117 » by skywalker33 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:31 am

So, looks like we now have SIX days to get healthy, SIX days to get focused. Now the last 3 games the reserves got some PT and looked good for the most part, but last game the starters, including Jokic, looked a little suspect so we need to figure it out.

Manolito
Senior
And1: 392

Post#118 » by Manolito » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:26 am

At the end we have received 2nd round pick from DAL, which is pick 40. This is coming from Jamychal's Green trade to OKC.

Interesting pick. There will be some projected first round prospects available. Drafting is the main strength from FO, hopefully they can find an interesting player (a PG?) in that range and keep him low cost for a long period.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#119 » by Coeur » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:10 am

Manolito wrote:At the end we have received 2nd round pick from DAL, which is pick 40. This is coming from Jamychal's Green trade to OKC.

Interesting pick. There will be some projected first round prospects available. Drafting is the main strength from FO, hopefully they can find an interesting player (a PG?) in that range and keep him low cost for a long period.

Yes 40 is an interesting spot. Any favorite(s) at PG or any position ? Any chance Colin Gillespie figures into a shot? Seems like a time when Nugs would love to have 2-3 2nd round/min type contracts and development chances. Great 2nd round opportunity for the players. Already have bigFrench center coming, can’t wait to see draft

I like Cissoko from G league ignite. Big Guard from France. and Max Lewis Pepperdine. And for big guy I like Indiana Hoosier Trayce Jackson-Davis.
skywalker33

Post#120 » by skywalker33 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:17 am

Manolito wrote:At the end we have received 2nd round pick from DAL, which is pick 40. This is coming from Jamychal's Green trade to OKC.

Yeah, looks like we might be able to get a player at 40, someone to strengthen the bench. I'm looking for a G who can score, liking PG/SG Terquavion Smith if he's there. Also like PF Mouhamed Gueye, this kid has some serious potential IMO

Return to Denver Nuggets