ImageImageImage

Denver Nuggets 2022-23 regular season & Western Conference playoff seed race

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Denver Nuggets 2022-23 regular season & Western Conference playoff seed race 

Post#81 » by skywalker33 » Sun Feb 5, 2023 4:27 am

Maf wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Maf wrote:I would be careful with expectations. Next six games are relatively easy but end of January till end of february we might end up with even sub 50% during that stretch.

Now there's the optimism I've come to know from you Maf. While there is a tough 3-game road trip that starts with a B2B from NOP to MIL (nba schedulers just hatin' on us again), then on to PHI. We return home for a rematch with NOP (again, probably without Zion) and then get SIX games against sub .500 teams. That has to be appealing in FEB to me. The rest of the way the only two games of significance IMO are the MEM and CLE games, both on the road.

I really don't see where your gloom and doom is coming from, I see us no worse than 10-6 from Jan 24 - Feb 28th. Have a Happy Valentine's and get rid of this doom-and-gloom here.

Haven't you ever heard that old adage "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all", a very wise saying Maf.

I wasn´t talking about no gloom and doom, just saying there will be 10 out of 16 on the road and we are 50% team on those games. Sure, we don´t know who will be healthy for our opponents, we pretty much struck luck for over a month. So games I find difficult might be cakewalk. But Dallas even at home will be a tough one, b2b Atlanta home, at Minnesotta has a warning sign for me and I am afraid we will have another wtf games with Hornets or Magic when Nikola decides not to shoot and others won´t hit a thing.

Ok so let´s see how this will end up. You say no worse than 10-6. 10-6 would be the best I´d hope for. Still drop off to our current bilance but still good. So if we are 11W and more I´ll let you know how wrong was I. In other case I don´t ask you for that. It doesn´t have to be 7-9 but 9-7, over 500 but could make the standings closer than we would like.

About that saying, it is meant that staying silence is better than insult someone. What we are talking about is more about emperor is naked.

8-3 since you posted this, now tied for BEST record in the NBA, I'm comfortable we'll be ok thru Feb
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Re: Denver Nuggets 2022-23 regular season & Western Conference playoff seed race 

Post#82 » by Maf » Sun Feb 5, 2023 12:54 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Maf wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Now there's the optimism I've come to know from you Maf. While there is a tough 3-game road trip that starts with a B2B from NOP to MIL (nba schedulers just hatin' on us again), then on to PHI. We return home for a rematch with NOP (again, probably without Zion) and then get SIX games against sub .500 teams. That has to be appealing in FEB to me. The rest of the way the only two games of significance IMO are the MEM and CLE games, both on the road.

I really don't see where your gloom and doom is coming from, I see us no worse than 10-6 from Jan 24 - Feb 28th. Have a Happy Valentine's and get rid of this doom-and-gloom here.

Haven't you ever heard that old adage "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all", a very wise saying Maf.

I wasn´t talking about no gloom and doom, just saying there will be 10 out of 16 on the road and we are 50% team on those games. Sure, we don´t know who will be healthy for our opponents, we pretty much struck luck for over a month. So games I find difficult might be cakewalk. But Dallas even at home will be a tough one, b2b Atlanta home, at Minnesotta has a warning sign for me and I am afraid we will have another wtf games with Hornets or Magic when Nikola decides not to shoot and others won´t hit a thing.

Ok so let´s see how this will end up. You say no worse than 10-6. 10-6 would be the best I´d hope for. Still drop off to our current bilance but still good. So if we are 11W and more I´ll let you know how wrong was I. In other case I don´t ask you for that. It doesn´t have to be 7-9 but 9-7, over 500 but could make the standings closer than we would like.

About that saying, it is meant that staying silence is better than insult someone. What we are talking about is more about emperor is naked.

8-3 since you posted this, now tied for BEST record in the NBA, I'm comfortable we'll be ok thru Feb

Comme on Sky. I told you I will tell you if I´ll be wrong. And I will do it happily cause it means we are winning. But don´t count the games I wasn´t talking about... 4-2 is the bilance and that´s very very good, better than I thought.

But it is still premature to say who was right or wrong. First, 7 out of next 10 are on the road. Second, I don´t want to belittle our wins, in no way. But I can´t ignore the fact we had another luck on opponents players injuries/resting players. Pels without Zion sudenly became worst team in NBA, Warriors hadn´t Klay and Dray and now Hawks without Young. No, not saying we would lose with them playing. But like when we beat Suns without Paul, Booker and Ayton. Glad for win, of course, but doesn´t tell me anything about their strenght our ours.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
skywalker33

Post#83 » by skywalker33 » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:33 pm

Maf wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Maf wrote:

Comme on Sky. I told you I will tell you if I´ll be wrong. And I will do it happily cause it means we are winning. But don´t count the games I wasn´t talking about... 4-2 is the bilance and that´s very very good, better than I thought.

But it is still premature to say who was right or wrong. First, 7 out of next 10 are on the road. Second, I don´t want to belittle our wins, in no way. But I can´t ignore the fact we had another luck on opponents players injuries/resting players. Pels without Zion sudenly became worst team in NBA, Warriors hadn´t Klay and Dray and now Hawks without Young. No, not saying we would lose with them playing. But like when we beat Suns without Paul, Booker and Ayton. Glad for win, of course, but doesn´t tell me anything about their strenght our ours.

Maf, you are correct, it is still early and anything can happen. Not a whose right or wrong thing, more of a "making early prognostications have a way of coming back to bite you in the a$$".

CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,727

Post#84 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Feb 8, 2023 5:14 pm

Hey Denver fans, just curious how do you guys feel about Malone? As an outsider, I always thought he got the most out of his rosters and was even someone that Boogie Cousins loved playing for. I think he gets a bit overlooked as far as how the Nuggets realized what they had with Jokic, then having him as Denver's offensive hub. I was simply wondering 'cause I don't hear many mentioning him.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Maf
Starter

Post#85 » by Maf » Thu Feb 9, 2023 2:57 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Hey Denver fans, just curious how do you guys feel about Malone?

It is hard to spoke for a whole fanbase but if I try, I think it is like marriage after fifteen years. You know she is good (Malone is good coach) but she also grinds your gears sometimes (sitting Jokič every time he makes 2nd, 3rd, 4th... foul if it is out of Malone´s approved time to have that many fouls). She is decent looking but she is for sure no Cindy from office (he is no Spoelstra). Sometimes you think if you could do better with someone else but you are afraid to end up like Bill who got divorced and found just terrible bitch he hates now (basically us before when we were desperate to get rid of Karl and ended up with Shaw). :)

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#86 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 3:03 pm

Maf wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:Hey Denver fans, just curious how do you guys feel about Malone?

It is hard to spoke for a whole fanbase but if I try, I think it is like marriage after fifteen years. You know she is good (Malone is good coach) but she also grinds your gears sometimes (sitting Jokič every time he makes 2nd, 3rd, 4th... foul if it is out of Malone´s approved time to have that many fouls). She is decent looking but she is for sure no Cindy from office (he is no Spoelstra). Sometimes you think if you could do better with someone else but you are afraid to end up like Bill who got divorced and found just terrible bitch he hates now (basically us before when we were desperate to get rid of Karl and ended up with Shaw). :)

So basically how many Bucks fans feel about Bud, LOL.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
skywalker33

Post#87 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 4:58 pm

Yeah, Malone is only good until his next loss, then there is someone who wants to fire him

Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#88 » by Manolito » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:28 pm

Thomas Bryant is a good player, but I don't know if this was what we needed.

Big physical Guy, very skilled offensively but almost liability in defense.

We have no Bird rights to renew him Next year. 3 SRP for a rental is expensive

Sent from my GM1913 using RealGM mobile app
skywalker33

Post#89 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:36 pm

Well, Bryant can score and playing backup C can fit a need for us. Agree with Manolito, 3 2nds seems like an overpay

skywalker33

Post#90 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:46 pm

I kinda like this move, does bring some more scoring to the bench, an area we definitely needed/may still need if Bones gets traded. It can also move Nnaji more to the PF position, as it kinda looks like Jeff Green is on his las legs.

Maf
Starter

Post#91 » by Maf » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:48 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
Maf wrote:

Interesting. Why do you think you do? With no disrecpect, I don´t watch Bucks really often, but I would say our teams have one thing in common. Before our coaching staff now our last great coach was George Karl. And Bud brought you a tittle. As I said, can´t comment on his job in Bucks beside the tittle argument, but I watched closely Hawks when Korver had the best years of his career and he did tremendous job. His only problem was he couldn´t figure out LeBron in PO. Which noone really could back then.

skywalker33

Post#92 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:58 pm

Also opens the possibilities of trading DJ or Nnaji ( :evil: ) if they do end up trading Bones. :crazy:

Maf
Starter

Post#93 » by Maf » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:15 pm

Well done! Not saying excited but pretty satisfied. Big strong guy who has excatly those skills I miss with Zeke at C (strong picks and rebounds. Although Zeke GOT better last games with rebounds, gotta give him credit for that) and Zeke can be used at PF if the father time finally cought Jeff.

Devon won´t be really missed (or remembered) and three 2nd rounders are just lottery tickets. Like literally. Every time you use (buy) them, you dream about drafting Jokič (being rich) and almost every time there is nothing to show for. Only if Bryant´s contract was for one, two more years... But it would be pure robbery. So FO will have to figure something out next offseason again.

skywalker33

Post#94 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:21 pm

Maf wrote:Well done! Not saying excited but pretty satisfied. Big strong guy who has excatly those skills I miss with Zeke at C (strong picks and rebounds. Although Zeke GOT better last games with rebounds, gotta give him credit for that) and Zeke can be used at PF if the father time finally cought Jeff.

Devon won´t be really missed (or remembered) and three 2nd rounders are just lottery tickets. Like literally. Every time you use (buy) them, you dream about drafting Jokič (being rich) and almost every time there is nothing to show for. Only if Bryant´s contract was for one, two more years... But it would be pure robbery. So FO will have to figure something out next offseason again.

Yeah, heard all 3 of the 2nds were ours, so all in the 50+ range, very inconsequential IMO

CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#95 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:01 pm

Maf wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:
Maf wrote:

Interesting. Why do you think you do? With no disrecpect, I don´t watch Bucks really often, but I would say our teams have one thing in common. Before our coaching staff now our last great coach was George Karl. And Bud brought you a tittle. As I said, can´t comment on his job in Bucks beside the tittle argument, but I watched closely Hawks when Korver had the best years of his career and he did tremendous job. His only problem was he couldn´t figure out LeBron in PO. Which noone really could back then.

Bud can be a bit rigid in some ways (like refusing to guard above-the-break threes until this year) but super random in other ways (like playing weird lineups and not settling on rotations). I think he's a very good coach I don't complain about him as much as some other Bucks fans do. As he's helped change the culture of the organization.
skywalker33

Post#96 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:05 pm

Well, Booth just took one up the A$$, giving Bones away for 2 2nds to the Clips. Does free up cap space and opens a roster spot but I don't get this one. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,516

Post#97 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:11 pm

Bryant is a very decent backup option. The only problem I see is the same as in Brown's case, he is an underpaid expired player, so if we do not resign him in the summer, we just burned three 2nd round pics.

With Malone blacklisted Hyland we desperately need one good bench player even when all starters (+Brown) are healthy and even if we ignore all improvements that some other Western teams just added this week. We were stupid when we didn't want to trade Barton for KCP on time, so targeting another 3&D guy and triggering all remaining assets (Hyland, Smith, Green, Nnaji, DAJ) should be a priority TODAY (not in July). The Bucks just give 5x 2nd picks for 3&D Crawder, that is the correct "winning now" attitude and mindset when high-goal franchises want to maximize their generational talent.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#98 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:34 pm

Disaster.

Two LATE 2nd (Clipps are contenders) for such potential. But I have much more to blame Malone for this... he burned the trade value of another talented youngster under a rookie contract and was sold almost literally for nothing after Malone killed player value.

Jusuf Nurkic, Malik Beasley, Jarred Vanderbilt, Bol Bol, Bones Hyland...
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#99 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:59 pm

The Clippers was a team with the highest paid salary cap but still managed so far to get Hyland, Plumlee, Eric Gordon, and get rid of John Wall.
skywalker33

Post#100 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:03 pm

Wonder if we will be looking at the waiver wire options or just opening up minutes for CB & BB ?

Return to Denver Nuggets